AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-06-20, 08:09   Link #41
Ending

Beside the already mentioned, Baldur's Gate 2 and Thief 2 have good stories too -enjoyed playing those.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 08:52   Link #42
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Am I the only one here who has played Planescape Torment?
Nope, though I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I never finished it. I wouldn't even have tried it if it weren't for Baldur's Gate II being bundled with my computer back in 2002.

I don't know why I stopped playing it in the middle. I think I got stuck somewhere, not long after meeting the succubus woman who's name escapes me, but I can't really rememeber. Hmmm... maybe I should try playing it again.

The game was good, but I think I prefer Baldur's Gate 2. Maybe because BG2 was the first game of its kind I played since the old D&D game "Pools of Darkness", back in the 386 SX 25MHz days, or maybe because all the mods for it makes the replay value higher.

... You know, I think I'm gonna play Planescape: Torment again. I still have my savegames (from August 2003), and I shouldn't leave such a story half-finished
Old 2004-06-20, 14:59   Link #43
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I've never been a fan of PC RPGs. I've played Diablo and Diablo 2, but that's about it. And even those two games I don't find very exciting, because all you do is point and click, point and click, point and click. I do agree that the story is good, but I don't necessarily like the way its told. I'm sure other people can appreciate it for its story-tellings though, but its just not my style.

As for other PC RPGs, my little brother plays some like uhh NeverWinter Nights and Morrowwind and stuff, but everytime I look at it it just seems so....so tedious and boring. I watched him for 10 minutes once and all he was doing was banging on a rock with a hammer trying to mine ore. I was like "This is FUN??? " I just think there are too many useless/tedious things in these types of games for me to enjoy them as much as I like to. Maybe I should give one a try, but I'm not exactly jumping out of my suit to do so.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 15:09   Link #44
Ending

Morrowing is just "banging the rock" -don't make stereotypes from the base of one game.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote