AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st - rating
Perfect 10 61 43.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 30.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-06, 18:06   Link #2021
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Those shields do drain energy, but they seem pretty imbalanced. It always seems it costs less to block an attack than to do one.

But IMO, SLB or not, after the divine buster, Nanoha could have just bonked her on the head and won.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-12-06, 18:07   Link #2022
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
now Yuuno - he could tank an SLB perhaps
Yuuno HAS tanked an SLB, IIRC. The only times his barrier has been broken is by an SLB with a then-absent piercing capability (implying he's tanked regular ones before) and again when trying and failing to contain Nanoha, Fate, AND Hayate's ultimate attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Those shields do drain energy, but they seem pretty imbalanced. It always seems it costs less to block an attack than to do one.

But IMO, SLB or not, after the divine buster, Nanoha could have just bonked her on the head and won.
But that wouldn't be nearly as awesome.
Old 2010-12-06, 18:08   Link #2023
Kallen4life

Quote:
I dunno, Fate held the SLB back for a short time and whipped up several defence fields .. and was still floating for a second or two after the main beam dispersed

a kiss would probably send her straight into the ocean though :O
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-12-06, 18:09   Link #2024
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Exactly. So even though it makes Nanoha look OP, we accept it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-12-06, 18:10   Link #2025
Kallen4life

Quote:
Yuuno HAS tanked an SLB, IIRC. The only times his barrier has been broken is by an SLB with a then-absent piercing capability (implying he's tanked regular ones before) and again when trying and failing to contain Nanoha, Fate, AND Hayate's ultimate attacks.
that's why I mentioned him .. he's THE Tank .. WITHOUT a device at all (intelligent or not)

ferret-boy's underappreciated (think I'll go read some YuuNanoFate)

Quote:
that's why people still buy and watch Bleach :O
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-12-06, 18:11   Link #2026
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Immovable Object's a more apt description for Yuuno. Even Vita couldn't phase him.
Old 2010-12-06, 18:12   Link #2027
Kallen4life

also, telefrag ! those're so rare nowadays, miss the good ol times
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-12-06, 18:31   Link #2028
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Okay, I'm confused; somebody negative-repped this post of mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I'd be the LAST one to ever say this, but that Starlight Breaker did make me think "DBZ." Just a liiiiiiiiiittle over the top........ Not necessarily a bad thing, but I hate giving ammo to the compare-ers.

Otherwise a great movie, yes. Gotta love those Nana Mizuki insert songs, too.
saying "Bigger is NOT better." Would whoever siad this please come out like a nice person and explain? Because I don't see how you could look at that post of mine and think I'm saying "bigger is better" or something.
Old 2010-12-06, 19:49   Link #2029
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:

saying "Bigger is NOT better." Would whoever siad this please come out like a nice person and explain? Because I don't see how you could look at that post of mine and think I'm saying "bigger is better" or something.
What you were saying in that post is "bigger is NOT better" So in a sense, the neg-repper was agreeing with you.
Old 2010-12-06, 19:55   Link #2030
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I did it ...i finally DID IT!

I watched the MOVIE 1st and is pure WIN!

Everyone get pumped up on this film but some characters really surprises me, the first is Arf, she's like ten times more badass here(in a way that can make the EVA-01 proud) and also her emotions over the conflict and towards Fate have a much more noticeable impact, Fate is very, very cool(even if she feeds herself a bit too much sometimes) and the gap between her experience and Nanoha's noobiness is also more notorious than in the orignal S1 and talking about Nanoha herself ....that's the most fantastic Starlight Braker i've seen to date, it's refreshing to see her naiveness and innocence being wll played again(in contrast with her more malicious and pragmatic adult self). The rest of the cast do pretty well too, Yuuno get pretty decent screentime(at the cost of his ship teasing with Nanoha being almost erased, wich i find acceptable), the Asura crowd have also their share of cake(except that Chrono have less scenes, it would be awesome to see him level Precia's army again on HQ) and ......they didn't forget about Arisa!!!! ...even with her role reduced i'm very glad to see that they keep almost all the important scenes that comform the pivotal role of her character.

So yeah, i'm very satisfied with the MOVIE 1st and now i have very high hopes for the A's MOVIE along with great expectation and waiting for another high quality product like this one.

LYRICAL MAGICAL .....GANBARIMASU!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2010-12-06 at 21:00.
Old 2010-12-06, 20:08   Link #2031
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I read the "chewing the scene" trope, and I still don't quite get it.

Is it over acting?

Glad you like it.
Old 2010-12-06, 20:29   Link #2032
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
What you were saying in that post is "bigger is NOT better" So in a sense, the neg-repper was agreeing with you.
Exactly, hence why I don't get why he neg-repped me in the first place.
Old 2010-12-06, 20:31   Link #2033
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If it makes you feel better, I gave you an anti-neg rep to make up for the one you got.
Old 2010-12-06, 20:37   Link #2034
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Exactly, hence why I don't get why he neg-repped me in the first place.
Misinterpreted what you said, I guess.

Too late now.
Old 2010-12-06, 21:14   Link #2035
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I read the "chewing the scene" trope, and I still don't quite get it.

Is it over acting?

Glad you like it.
Heh, don't worry i'm refering only to the fact that fate take a lot of screentime away from other characters at times but is ok to me(i was waiting patiently to finally see Linith on the big screen and it didn't dissapoint, her voice fit her well and her scenes with Fate and Precia are memorable).

This really bring my hopes back because, to be honest, the movie project didn't convince me at first, the new design of Raising heart, the chopped parts(Arisa T-T) and watching again things that i already now where facts that left me sceptical for this movie at first, then it comes out and everyone affirms is a very good movie(and that's the more modest and objetive people, other go screaming how awesome the movie is), then i got curious but the first chapters of the MOVIE manga featuring Emoha dishearten me, then Force Ch. 7 strikes and i lost almost any hope on the franchise for a moment, months passed, i more or less lick my wounds and recover my faith enugh to at least keep going with the three mangas, and after a couple more things and situations i finally watch the movie and my sceptiscism got BLASTED! by Nanoha. Tsuzuki reveals that he can really put good plots or make awesome scenes when he puts his mind into it, the movie quality made me shut my mouth and i got immediatly proven wrong about the MOVIE 1st being "not so good". that's why i have new hope now, i'm expecting the worst for Signum but now i have the little hope that Tsuzuki will rise his creativity again and prove me wrong once more by giving to the Blazing General the great comeback she deserves, he already do it with Fate in this movie so it's not impossible to do again!

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2010-12-06 at 22:31.
Old 2010-12-06, 22:13   Link #2036
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Oh, thanks for clarifying.

Angry Fate is angry.

And the angrier Fate gets, the more excited Nanoha becomes

And excitement leads to destruction

Run Fate...run
Old 2010-12-06, 22:29   Link #2037
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yep, like somebody say some time ago, fate reactions in the movie are very well executed and she's understandably upset at the fact that nanoha has just survived her strongest attack, soem people argue that it was the reason for her so tank against divine Buster but the true is that Nanoha left her without options, Fate gets binded and she's lucky to release one hand to cast Round Shield and protect her(poor Fate she survived divine Buster only to be welcomed by a Starlight Braker xDU).

That reminds me, it's me or this movie give a couple of shout outs to Evangelion? As i mentioned earlier, when Arf fights against Precia she rips her shield in a manner very reminiscent of EVA-01 on his first battle, later when Nanoha prepares to shoot Staright braker Fate preapare her strongest defense by casting several layers of Round Shields, the imagery of the scene reminds me of the 2nd Evangelion Rebuild movie when Maria triggers EVA-02 berserk mode by activating "Code: The BEAST", Zeruel defends himself almos the same way by casting a multiple layer AT field.

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-12-06, 23:03   Link #2038
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Yep, like somebody say some time ago, fate reactions in the movie are very well executed and she's understandably upset at the fact that nanoha has just survived her strongest attack, soem people argue that it was the reason for her so tank against divine Buster but the true is that Nanoha left her without options, Fate gets binded and she's lucky to release one hand to cast Round Shield and protect her(poor Fate she survived divine Buster only to be welcomed by a Starlight Braker xDU).
True. My only gripe with the final battle...Is I wish Nanoha took a little more damage. Whether it be clothing damage or physical damage. She was just so...un-phased by Phalanx. I can see why Fate was so frustrated. Then again, as far as damage count goes, it was no different than the series. So it's not like that's changed for the worse. It just wasn't improved on.

Quote:
That reminds me, it's me or this movie give a couple of shout outs to Evangelion? As i mentioned earlier, when Arf fights against Precia she rips her shield in a manner very reminiscent of EVA-01 on his first battle, later when Nanoha prepares to shoot Starilght breaker Fate prepares her strongest defense by casting several layers of Round Shields, the imagery of the scene reminds me of the 2nd Evangelion Rebuild movie when Maria triggers EVA-02 berserk mode by activating "Code: The BEAST", Zeruel defends himself almos the same way by casting a multiple layer AT field.
I'm sure they did whatever they could to maximize the cool. And by all means, it was really cool.

On another note, coming from someone who watched the movie before its dvd release...They really improved on the inconsistencies in animation that were present in the theater edition. I can't really notice any problems with the animation now, when there was a handful of things I noticed back then.
Old 2010-12-06, 23:05   Link #2039
justavisitor

Nanoha's tactics in the last fight against Fate? Honestly speaking, I didn't see any tactics (Nanoha simply outlasts Fate), but assuming Nanoha did use tactics (not just bluffing XD), the tactics would be simply stayed alive and waited until Fate runs out of energy...Nanoha should know she has a pretty large pool of magic...but she still couldn't use too many tricks or advanced move since she is a newbie...so get some distance away from Fate, fight properly, don't try any cool move until Fate runs out of magic power, then tries to bind Fate and give her the SLB would be the way to go
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-12-06, 23:08   Link #2040
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
I'm kinda interested in seeing other writers take on the Nanohaverse. I mean, if Gundam can split into different universes that aren't helmed under Tomino, who knows what the Nanoha franchise can do?

Right now, Tsuzuki's a mixed bag for me.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Closed Thread