AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-05, 14:54   Link #61
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
No matter what Law does they won't care because they will not give him the credit. They didn't give luffy the credit for Croc in alabasta. The WG will give it all to Smoker and the fact that Law has alliance with Luffy will be the only thing that will remain.

Except that there's a HUGE difference in the sense that Law is a warlord, and Luffy is not. Whether they like them or not, the marines will HAVE to let them share some of the credit where credit is due since the duty of the Shichibukai is to keep the world's power balance in check. Maybe if Law were still just a supernova he'd be screwed, but there's a very good possibility that resolving the PH crisis would work in his favor thanks to his warlord status....
Old 2012-07-05, 15:50   Link #62
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
He was explicitly threatening that character with leaving the Shichibukai.. I think it's safe to say that character is someone from the World Government..either a high official himself, or someone representing a high official (considering the lack of respect shown by Doflamingo).
thanks. i just reread it. i remembered that scene wrong for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I think this is a lovely case of "See what you want to see". You like/want Robin x Franky and thus you see every little interaction between them to be implied romance...There is no suggestion anywhere that there is romance in the crew, much less between Robin and Franky.
honestly i am not a proponent of any relationships in this story eventhough robin is my fave female shipmate. i just see it in a lot of their interactions. its hard to believe you never noticed this. how about when she was grabbing his junk for half an hour trying to get him to join the crew? then there's just constant smiles and nods between them like when franky caught her:

that's romance right there, just look at sanji lol
Old 2012-07-05, 16:14   Link #63
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Except that there's a HUGE difference in the sense that Law is a warlord, and Luffy is not. Whether they like them or not, the marines will HAVE to let them share some of the credit where credit is due since the duty of the Shichibukai is to keep the world's power balance in check. Maybe if Law were still just a supernova he'd be screwed, but there's a very good possibility that resolving the PH crisis would work in his favor thanks to his warlord status....
Counter Productive
What is the point of the War Lord if he going to stab you in the back when the final moment comes? Croc and Jinbi sided with White Beard. Wasn't their mission to fight White Beard? Black Beard used the WG for his own gain and got level six prisoners and the quake fruit. The WG does not have to do anything for Law. If smoker learns about the alliance between Law and Luffy and reports it, the WG will not be pleased. Luffy is in direct confrontation with the WG, his father is Dragon, He sided with White Beard, and he has declared war on WG. If Luffy becomes a Yonkou level fighter, would you trust Law to uphold his contracting knowing there is an alliance between the two?

Second the fact that Jinbi and Croc were placed in Impel down because they got caught or did not follow the contract proves that the WG will punish you if you prove to be a liability.
Old 2012-07-05, 16:19   Link #64
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post

honestly i am not a proponent of any relationships in this story eventhough robin is my fave female shipmate. i just see it in a lot of their interactions. its hard to believe you never noticed this. how about when she was grabbing his junk for half an hour trying to get him to join the crew? then there's just constant smiles and nods between them like when franky caught her:

that's romance right there, just look at sanji lol

^It must be love.

Anyway, you're either trolling me (and actually doing a good job till now) or delusional...either way this discussion is only taking up space.
Old 2012-07-05, 21:40   Link #65
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
I am definitely against the idea of FrObin because it's just gross as fck!! And Robin's beauty is gonna go to waste if they happen. But Oda seems to be shipping it. My ZorObin shipping heart is crushing with this influx of that horrible ship. Why Oda??!! Why??
Told you this would happen. No further discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
robin is much older than zoro, she's already 30 and zoro is only 21. besides, she treats him like a younger brother. i don't approve any straw hat pairing at all. their relationship is so familial it would seem like incest if any of them hooked up.
I wouldn't call it incest when each member comes from a different family. Sure Oda refers to each member as brother/sister/mother/father, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are such in terms of bloodline. With some of the members, best if they hooked up within the crew rather than be raped by strangers.
Old 2012-07-05, 23:51   Link #66
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Why do I get the feeling that Happy Harpy isn't part of DonFla's crew and is just there cause she's awesome...and doing research...

And now seeing as anything Vergo eats ends up on his face I want to see him different things just to see his face. God I feel like one of those food fetishists that get pleasure from feeding others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
With some of the members, best if they hooked up within the crew rather than be raped by strangers.
Have we been reading too much OP hentai doujinshi?
Old 2012-07-06, 00:10   Link #67
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I'm wondering if Chopper will come and get them out of the cage, much like Mr. Prince (Sanji) got them out last time in Alabasta~
Old 2012-07-06, 00:11   Link #68
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Is there such a thing as too much OP hentai doujinshi?
Old 2012-07-06, 01:15   Link #69
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I wouldn't call it incest when each member comes from a different family. Sure Oda refers to each member as brother/sister/mother/father, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are such in terms of bloodline. With some of the members, best if they hooked up within the crew rather than be raped by strangers.
i didn't say anything about them being blood-related, did i? i said:
Quote:
i don't approve any straw hat pairing at all. their relationship is so familial it would seem like incest if any of them hooked up.
they treat each other like family really, although sanji would probably argue with me on that one. besides, oda has always said that there is no romance in one piece. unless he changes his mind, and when he does we will know, i seriously doubt any of the straw hats would hook up. and why are you talking about rape all of a sudden? lol
Old 2012-07-06, 02:46   Link #70
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

^It must be love.

Anyway, you're either trolling me (and actually doing a good job till now) or delusional...either way this discussion is only taking up space.
touché salesman the facial expressions and mood are clearly different but I'll let it slide
Old 2012-07-06, 06:34   Link #71
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

looks like Vergo's ability is along the lines of gravitation or meat attraction/ manipulation.

Explains the stuck hamburger and Traflagar dropping down to the floor.
Old 2012-07-06, 11:04   Link #72
marvelB

Quote:
Counter Productive
What is the point of the War Lord if he going to stab you in the back when the final moment comes? Croc and Jinbi sided with White Beard. Wasn't their mission to fight White Beard?

Uh, so did you forget that the reason Crocodile joined Luffy in the first place was so that he could KILL Whitebeard? And this was despite him not being on Luffy OR the government's side? And he was already an ex-warlord by the time the war came around, so he doesn't really have jack to do with my point about Law. Jinbei doesn't count either since he quit of his own volition (notice that he wasn't stripped of his status when he was imprisoned in Impel Down). Fact is, it's not going to look good for the government if they have to constantly boot warlords out of their ranks. I mean, if insubordination were really that great an issue, then Doflamingo for instance would have already lost his position looooong ago. Dofla, who was literally playing around with vice-admirals like puppets when he was first introduced.

But I stress again, Law helping Smoker to resolve the Punk Hazard conspiracy would work wonders for him AND the government. Because as I already said, the Shichibukai's duty is to maintain order in the world's balance, and nothing more. I mean damn, if the government could overlook Doflamingo dabbling in slave trade (in which the world nobles even participated in, in case you forgot), I'm sure they'd turn a blind eye towards whatever shady business Law's up to as long as he helped stop Caesar from creating nukes or whatever doomsday weapons he's been building in his lab......

Quote:
The WG does not have to do anything for Law. If smoker learns about the alliance between Law and Luffy and reports it, the WG will not be pleased. Luffy is in direct confrontation with the WG, his father is Dragon, He sided with White Beard, and he has declared war on WG. If Luffy becomes a Yonkou level fighter, would you trust Law to uphold his contracting knowing there is an alliance between the two?
Hey, wasn't Jinbei openly allied with Whitebeard when HE was a warlord? And like I already said, it wasn't the government who revoked his position, it was he himself who renounced it. At most, I could see the WG keeping a closer eye on Law if they were to learn of his alliance with Luffy, but they wouldn't take any direct action against him unless they were absolutely certain that his plans would jeopardize their existence....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
looks like Vergo's ability is along the lines of gravitation or meat attraction/ manipulation.

Explains the stuck hamburger and Traflagar dropping down to the floor.

That doesn't explain the french fries stuck to his face in that flashback panel, though!
Old 2012-07-06, 11:22   Link #73
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Eh, it would be cool if Vergo really didn't have any powers, just a great Haki user.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:38   Link #74
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Uh, so did you forget that the reason Crocodile joined Luffy in the first place was so that he could KILL Whitebeard? And this was despite him not being on Luffy OR the government's side? And he was already an ex-warlord by the time the war came around, so he doesn't really have jack to do with my point about Law. Jinbei doesn't count either since he quit of his own volition (notice that he wasn't stripped of his status when he was imprisoned in Impel Down). Fact is, it's not going to look good for the government if they have to constantly boot warlords out of their ranks. I mean, if insubordination were really that great an issue, then Doflamingo for instance would have already lost his position looooong ago. Dofla, who was literally playing around with vice-admirals like puppets when he was first introduced.
The point is that, what is the purpose of having Shichibukai if they feel 0 loyalty towards the government?

In fact it is even more dangerous.. you assume you have 7 powerful allies, but in fact they aren't on your side and can turn on you at any moment. If your battle plan hinges on these allies, you will lose the battle.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:45   Link #75
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
The point is that, what is the purpose of having Shichibukai if they feel 0 loyalty towards the government?

In fact it is even more dangerous.. you assume you have 7 powerful allies, but in fact they aren't on your side and can turn on you at any moment. If your battle plan hinges on these allies, you will lose the battle.
none of the Schichbukai has any loyalty to the government. The WG would have to be absolutely naive to depend on loyalty form the shichibukai to get things done. it is alliance of mutual use until one side has no more use for the other side (ex. Moria)
Old 2012-07-06, 13:09   Link #76
marvelB

^Xellos pretty much got it. NONE of the warlords are loyal to the government. That even counts for Kuma, who was the most obedient amongst them. Really, my main point is that, as long as the government benefits from the shichibukai's deeds as well, why should they boot them out of their ranks just because they're only slightly suspicious of them? I mean, even us readers don't know what Law's plans are yet. So as I already said, I could see them taking action against Law if they had more concrete evidence of him scheming some sort of major mischief, but otherwise, they'd just leave him to his own devices.....
Old 2012-07-06, 14:41   Link #77
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

But I stress again, Law helping Smoker to resolve the Punk Hazard conspiracy would work wonders for him AND the government. Because as I already said, the Shichibukai's duty is to maintain order in the world's balance, and nothing more. I mean damn, if the government could overlook Doflamingo dabbling in slave trade (in which the world nobles even participated in, in case you forgot), I'm sure they'd turn a blind eye towards whatever shady business Law's up to as long as he helped stop Caesar from creating nukes or whatever doomsday weapons he's been building in his lab......

Hey, wasn't Jinbei openly allied with Whitebeard when HE was a warlord? And like I already said, it wasn't the government who revoked his position, it was he himself who renounced it. At most, I could see the WG keeping a closer eye on Law if they were to learn of his alliance with Luffy, but they wouldn't take any direct action against him unless they were absolutely certain that his plans would jeopardize their existence....
Judgement
Jinbi and Croc do matter. Do you think Croc would have lost his title of the WG had known what he was doing in alabasta? Alabasta is a member of the WG. Jinbi was brought to Impel down for refusing to fight White Beard, his title was already up for questioning. If Jinbi had stayed at impel Down do you think the WG would have taken away his title after the war? Second can you compare Law's alliance with Luffy to minor infraction like playing puppets with Vice Admiral, having slave trade, and over looking other petty crimes? You seem to think all actions the Shichibukai do are equal and should be judged equally. In the situation like this the WG can not have a one size fits all judgement on the Shichibukai. Each one and there actions has to be decided on weather they are Liability or beneficial. The WG did not give Croc back his Title and Daflamingo was given orders by someone higher then Sengoku to kill Moria, proves that there is only so much the WG is willing to put up with. If Law is not working for the WG (Like I think), he could loose his title if the they know about the alliance.

Law working for the WG?
This whole argument got me thinking. Law was at Marine Ford and Marines had identified him. Even Admiral Kizaru called him by name and recalled him at Saboday. Why would the WG give Law Shichibuaki title knowing he helped Luffy survive the onslaught at MarineFord? Did Law and the WG make a deal? What if some of the pirates hearts that Law handed the WG were from his own crew? That would explain why his crew has not been seen so far. That last question was a little extreme and unlikely scenario.
Old 2012-07-06, 15:08   Link #78
marvelB

Quote:
You seem to think all actions the Shichibukai do are equal and should be judged equally. In the situation like this the WG can not have a one size fits all judgement on the Shichibukai.

Wrong, my friend. I believe the opposite - that the warlords' deeds don't all hold the same weight. This is precisely why I say that the government would forgive Law for helping to take down a psychotic bio-terrorist while Croc would have his title revoked for secretly plotting against them. Like Xellos said, the government doesn't expect unwavering loyalty from the shichibukai. But they nonetheless DO recognize the power and influence they hold when compared to other pirates and thus figured that they'd use them to their advantage. That even applies to what I said earlier about Doflamingo providing slaves for the world nobles. As long as the WG reaps the benefits for the warlords' deeds (no matter how honest said deeds were or not), they'll basically leave them alone unless they're sure that they're plotting against them (as I've repeated like a hundred times already ).
Old 2012-07-06, 15:42   Link #79
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
Luffy is and enemy of the WG and declared his intentions, one of his crew member is Robin another well known enemy of the WG and Law just made an alliance with him. How would that not be perceived has a threat to them? Second how would he get the credit for helping them when he was the on obstructing Vice Admiral Smoker investigation in the first place? He even attacked the Marines straight out and tried to silence them. He will not get the credit if Smoker is the one reporting the whole thing. They will give this to smoker to make the Marines look good and this will only leave a spot light and many more questions on Law.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-07-06 at 15:54.
Old 2012-07-06, 16:04   Link #80
james0246

^Hancock has killed multiple marines and she has never been questioned or otherwise reprimanded (at least not until the Marineford War). It was only when she was going to refuse a direct order from the WG that she had to fall in line with the Marines.

A Shichibukai is only as good as his or her reputation. Killing marines as well as pirates only helps their rep, so I doubt Law would have his status revoked even if he had killed all the G-5 marines as so long as he took down (or helped take down) Caesar.
Closed Thread