AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-28, 10:03   Link #1
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Rokka no Yuusha

3rd placed title of Kono Light Novel wa Sugoi 2013.

Currently up to vol 3.

Without spoiling too much,

Spoiler for :

Oh my god...this is too awesome. Best fantasy LN I ever read.

EDIT: http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/_rokka/

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-12-28 at 10:21.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 10:21   Link #2
tsunade666

summary cosmic?
Old 2012-12-28, 11:08   Link #3
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I've only just started on vol 2.

Where I am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-12-28 at 12:11.
Old 2012-12-28, 16:33   Link #4
tsunade666

Hmm any info of the characters because I haven't even know them. The illustration in the link looks interesting even though its small and hard to see.

Is the title for the volume this one?
Vol 1 Real or Fake
Vol 2 Love and Lie
Vol 3 Justice or Promise

Adventure type with conspiracy/traitor problems?
Old 2012-12-28, 16:41   Link #5
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
3rd placed title of Kono Light Novel wa Sugoi 2013.

Currently up to vol 3.

Without spoiling too much,

Spoiler for :

Oh my god...this is too awesome. Best fantasy LN I ever read.

EDIT: http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/_rokka/
I agree. This series is epic!

The end of volume 1 was shocking since they went back to the seven yuusha again.
Old 2012-12-28, 20:59   Link #6
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I actually get the feeling it'll be 7 who defeats the Majin in the end

Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-28, 21:28   Link #7
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Adventure type with conspiracy/traitor problems?
Correct...fantasy adventure.

The protags are all how to say...a mixed bag. Mora is a family girl (she has a kid) for instance, but also the leader of the Six Flowers. Fremy is half-demon gunslinger bent on revenge, Chamo is supposedly the strongest in the group despite being a loli, Adlet, the closest you get to a protag, is a rogue style character...none of their motivations and allegiances are clear. Anyone could turn out to be a traitor but even then, this kind of story is the kind where the characters have their own compelling reasons and backgrounds behind them.

Quote:
Is the title for the volume this one?
Vol 1 Real or Fake
Vol 2 Love and Lie
Vol 3 Justice or Promise
That's just the themes I think...at least, I don't see them on the cover or the interior flap or wraparound label of the books
Old 2013-01-04, 05:29   Link #8
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I translated the excerpts on the linked site

Vol 1:

Spoiler:

Vol 2:

Spoiler:

Vol 3:

Spoiler:

I should add also that some of the characters particularly Hans and Chamo, are borderline psycho nutjobs. And all are cold killers...yet it's so refreshing to see them interact and stuff; they kind of grow on you.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2013-01-05 at 10:14.
Old 2013-01-04, 06:41   Link #9
DevotionFX
紅月の瞋願

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I translated the excerpts on the linked site

I should add also that some of the characters particularly Hans and Chamo, are borderline psycho nutjobs. And all are cold killers...yet it's so refreshing to see them interact and stuff; they kind of grow on you.
I wonder if you translate the summaries(or sypnosis?) of each volume too. Because if it have only the excerpts, I don't know what's going on in the story.
DevotionFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 07:51   Link #10
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevotionFX View Post
I wonder if you translate the summaries(or sypnosis?) of each volume too. Because if it have only the excerpts, I don't know what's going on in the story.
Vol 1

闇の底から『魔神』が目覚めるとき、運命の神は六人の勇者を選び出し、世界を救う力を授ける。地上最強を自 称する少年アドレットは、その六人、『六花の勇者』に選ばれ、魔神復活を阻止するため、戦いへ向かう。だが 、約束の地に集った勇者は、なぜか七人いた。その直後、霧幻結界が作動し、七人全員が森に閉じ込められてし まう。七人のうち誰かひとりが敵であることに気付いた勇者たちは疑心暗鬼に陥る。そして、その嫌疑がまっさ きにかかったのはアドレットで――。

When the Majin awakes from the depths of darkness, the Gods of Destiny choose 6 heroes, granting them power to save the world. The young man who calls himself "world's strongest person," Adlet, is selected into this group of six, the Six Flower Heroes, and ventures forth to battle to stop the Majin's resurrection. However, at the appointed gathering place, why are there seven people? Right after, the Illusion Fog barrier is activated, shutting the seven right in the forest. They fall to the suspicion that one of them is an enemy. And then, the one whom that suspicion is most directed at is Adlet...

Vol 2

「七人目」だったひとりの六花は去ったが、ロロニアという少女が現れ、またもや七人になってしまった六花の 勇者たち。魔神再起までのタイムリミットが迫っており、疑心暗鬼はぬぐえないまま、魔哭領の奥へと進む。す るとそこへ一体の凶魔が現れ、モーラに「君には時間がない」と告げる。さらに凶魔を束ねる統率者の一体、テ グネウが六花の勇者の前に突如現れる。それは「七人目」の関わる策略なのか!?

One of the Six Flowers, who turned out out to be the Seventh is gone but a young girl called Rolonia appears. Once again, the Six Flower Heroes are seven. As the time limit for the Majin's reawakening draws near and the hidden devils of doubt are unable to be erased, they approach the interior of the Demon Wail Domain. There, Mora declares, "you do not have much time left" to a demon who appears. In addition, one of the demon generals, Igneu, suddenly appears before the Six Flower Heroes. Is this related to the Seventh?

Vol 3

テグネウの脅威にさらされたまま、魔哭領を奥へと進む六花の勇者たち。
その道中、ゴルドフが突如「姫を助けに行く」とだけ告げ、アドレットの制止を振り切って姿を消 す。
不可解なゴルドフの行動に、六花は再び混乱に陥る。
ゴルドフが「七人目」なのか、それとも何かの策略にはめられているのか…!?
さらに、再び現れたテグネウは凶魔たちの内紛について語り、挙句に自分と手を組まないかと提案 をしてくる。
果たしてその真意とは?

Vulnerable to the threat posed by Igneu, the Six Flower Heroes push on into the depths of the Demon Wail Domain. On the way, Goldolf suddenly declares "I must go and help the princess," and shaking off Adlet's attempts to stop him, disappears. At Goldolf's inexplicable actions, the Six Flowers are once again thrown into chaos. Is Goldolf the Seventh, and what kind of trap have they fallen into!? On top of this, Igneu reappears once more, speaking of the internal strife among the demons and finally suggesting to join forces. What is the real motive?
Old 2013-01-04, 16:50   Link #11
DevotionFX
紅月の瞋願

Thanks for summary CE.

I will try to read manga ch.1 soon.
Now, many chapters of raw that I have to read....
DevotionFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 04:27   Link #12
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Someone can continue on from this part. This series is as difficult to translate as Shana...

Spoiler for Prologue, V1, part:
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 06:49   Link #13
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

What...why? The language is pretty easy

There should be actual "English" names for the characters at the books' start BTW
Old 2013-07-24, 15:41   Link #14
Zefyris
図書館狼

I really grew fond of some of characters like Hans and Mora. Goldof in the third novel is quite interesting as well, and so far the two kyouma leaders that we saw in action (Tgurneu and Dozzu) are pretty awesome as well. Dozzu kind of made me think about pikachu though (but in far better :> ) xD.
Chamo is a bit frightening (and that's good :P )and Adlet can be quite awesome from time to time (although in the third novel he's completely outwitted by Tgurneu ^^").
Nashetania is quite twisted and Fremy is a complete mystery; is she really that simple of a character or is she playing a role? Compared to other character her constancy seems suspicious ;o.
Rolonia so far was pretty funny with her swearing during the battles :3. Her way to fight and her different abilities like the tasting of blood are interesting as well, just like Mora's abilities and Adlet's tools.

The situation of the group at the very end of the third volume is becoming even more complicated (and therefore interesting for us ), poor Adlet is going to have an hard time with this, and Goldof's declaration isn't going to make his life easier as well. .

Quote:
There should be actual "English" names for the characters at the books' start BTW
There's only the forenames though, but yeah, it's pretty rare to have them. Never would have thought of that way to write "Tgurneu" for example.

It's a really easy to read novel, I was quite surprised. It's far easier than novels like Index or baccano, for example. Most probably because of the author coice to not describe a lot of things. This can be a default but it allows the novel to be fast paced; everything goes so fast that you can't get bored and always want to read what's going to happen next.

But from a translator's POV the names of countries for example may be a little annoying though.

The 4th volume of the novel came out today, with Rolonia on the cover.

Considering the previous covers, so it's Rolonia's turn to be covered in details then? (and probably suspected as well? Although I can't see Rolonia being suspected by someone else than Chamo...)

I wont be able to get my hand on the 4th volume before several months, but I'm looking forward to it considering that the group's composition is even more complicated than before. We already had such good stories in the three volumes as well, it's really promising...

Oh, and I got my hand on the first volume of the manga. So far, it's not half as good as the novels. I don't especially like the changes in character designs (like goldof ) nor do I like the changes in the plot.
The second volume of the manga came out today. I think it's Nashetania on the cover? I don't know if I'll buy it considering the first volume's quality.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2013-07-25 at 10:52.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 21:10   Link #15
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I really wonder how a Chamo centric novel will be like...

I imagine there'd be loads of blood spilled.
Old 2013-07-25, 11:14   Link #16
Zefyris
図書館狼

I'm not sure that this series will have enough volumes to cover each character in details.

But a focus on Chamo should probably comes sooner or later as like Goldof(before the 2nd volume), Moira(before the third) and Rolonia, we really know too little about her, so the author is probably keeping most of the infos for a volume focused on her, I'd say.

This should be interesting. Chamo is no longer as simple as she seemed at first with her "me annoyed me kill" personality. She probably doesn't have that much to hide as a past (At least it doesn't seem like it's the case) so a volume focused on her would be focused more on her feelings as well as her development rather than her background. Which considering Chamo's initial setting, is promising ImO. I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Old 2013-08-17, 20:56   Link #17
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Apparently there's a manga for this too...anyone read?
Old 2013-08-18, 02:48   Link #18
Zefyris
図書館狼

As said in my previous post, I did (the first volume only).

LOTS of changes in the character design as well as what's happening in the first part of the novel.

To be frank I don't like the changes. I like better the art in the novel (And sometime I don't even get why he changed, why did he change goldof's helm and visage to make it look so plain, sigh...) and the scenario in the manga isn't even half as good.

The first volume ends around half of the first volume, when they're all at the same place and start discussing, so the second volume will probably cover the second part of the first novel.
Near the end of the first volume, it seems like we're getting far closer of the original scenario than what we were in the first two of the 5 chapters. So while I would say that the first volume is a huge disappointment, there 's hope for the second volume to be better, I'd say.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2013-08-18 at 03:05.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 04:33   Link #19
Zefyris
図書館狼

Rokka no Yuusha is now being translated by Zero Ender on Nanodesu
So far the prologue and most of the chapter 1 is translated.

So I read the 4th volume, and we finally know who's the seventh. The result is a surprise and not a surprise at the same time. Well, the author did so much of a good job to make us suspect everyone successively that we can obviously say "ah, I thought that this may be that character before". Well, duh. I suspected about everyone anyway.
The seventh's identity is still awaiting a final confirmation but it's pretty clear right now. But I'm curious to know how they're going to deal with the situation, as having the identity reveled only switch the problem for another obvious one ;o.
The fifth volume will probably be interesting to follow (again). This may be quite chaotic considering the current state of the group :>.

Anyway, I enjoyed the fourth volume just as much as the previous ones. Each volume have a different feel about it until now. I wonder which character we're going to follow next time.... And when the 5th volume is going to be released. Still no news so far... t_t.
Old 2014-04-28, 16:07   Link #20
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

anyone know something about the next vol.?
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote