AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-16, 09:12   Link #181
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Hm...two subbers.

We got wet dreams and "I don't feel hot" in one. And hot weather and "I feel hot" on the other. Hm...
There's another subber!? Oh thank goodness! Ayako's subs are weird and they DID make mistakes in the first ep. Kuu says "I still feel hot." and the wet dreams thing is totally.... I don't know WHERE they got that.....

Well this is odd, I hated ChikanexHimiko but I LIKE KaonxHimiko....

...well Kaon is really cool.....
Old 2007-01-16, 09:40   Link #182
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
There's another subber!? Oh thank goodness! Ayako's subs are weird and they DID make mistakes in the first ep. Kuu says "I still feel hot." and the wet dreams thing is totally.... I don't know WHERE they got that.....

Well this is odd, I hated ChikanexHimiko but I LIKE KaonxHimiko....

...well Kaon is really cool.....
Yeah, by WinD (We are IN Denial).
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 11:47   Link #183
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm wondering why Setsuna is in a "maid" role if she's a powerful angel. You can't marry the prince if you're working in his household.
shes more of a "servent" serving her master rather than a maid ~ maybe its cause she relies on his "energy" to function properly

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 17:40   Link #184
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
shes more of a "servent" serving her master rather than a maid
& you say this even when having seen her 'maid' costume?
Old 2007-01-16, 17:57   Link #185
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ im talking about the role that she plays and the relationship between setsuna and her "master"...being that i think that servents are one level below maids ~ and ofc i cant deny that she is in a maid uniform T_T

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-01-16, 18:52   Link #186
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I knew what you were getting at - though i had a chance to mention her wonderful costume, so i had to do.. what i had to do.
Old 2007-01-16, 20:10   Link #187
crinaea
white cotton pantsu

Spoiler for wind:
crinaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 22:20   Link #188
Mangaka-chan

I'm not sure what I feel about Kuu. She seems childish in a way in that she always address her thoughts to "Ouji-sama" (it sounds like she's writing in a diary sometime but I can't be sure). But then she does know about "the forbidden love between girls" so she's not that naive.

Setsuna does look very pretty, just like all the other characters, but I think I like her character design the best. As for Kyoshirou, I have a hard time hearing his voice on my computer half the time because the seiyuu makes his voice so low.

In terms of the show, it's not really pulling me in but I'm still curious where this will go.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 23:11   Link #189
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Kuu's mind keeps flying off everytime she was thinking of something or someone. Just like you said, she seems a little childish but I guess that's what makes her innocent IMO.

--> No wonder Kuu's voice sounded familiar, her VA is the same one as the one who voiced Karin
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 23:24   Link #190
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Kuu's probably led a sheltered existence for some reason and is afraid of getting hurt which isolates her more. She also has some low self esteem going on there too. Sad, she's just as cute as those other girls but doesn't realize it. Totally surprised when someone wants her help and could be easily taken advantage of. But, she at least didn't follow Kyoshiro like a puppy so far. Setsuna is just too obedient imo.

Setsuna is okay, but I like Kaon's and Kuu's designs the best so far. The other blonde is pretty good too. Kuu in the other uniform in the ED looks great too.

But I thought that maids were a subclass of servants?
Old 2007-01-17, 00:12   Link #191
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. Maids are a kind of servant. All maids are servants (except maybe in maid cafes, lol). Not all servants are maids.

2. Kuu is played in divine fashion by YAHAGI Sayuri, who is 20, and whose debut role was Karin. She also plays Gretel in Otogijushi Akazukin, but she is clearly under much tighter control there, and does not display the rich voice she does here and in Karin.

Here is some info about her, with a picture. Here is an interview with her, with another picture, done when she was just starting to record Karin. And there is yet another pic below. She is not glamorous, and will never be mistaken for an idol, but she is truly a voice goddess, in my book:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 01:56   Link #192
Mangaka-chan

It seems like Kuu's low self-esteem has a lot to do with her name because one of the meaning of the kanji is "emptiness". But to me it seems like an unusual reason to have low self-esteem.

IMO Kaon's costume isn't very impressive (her miko outfit isn't as detailed as the one Chikane wored in KnM) and that big crescent moon shaped earring looks rather odd on her. But Himeko's is better; I like the ruffles on her blouse.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 06:25   Link #193
Honey_and_Cleaver

Best episode so far! EP2, Chikane/Kaon was sparkling, i disagree! Shes not a Queen, she is a Goddess.

Looking foward to the King, Kazuya.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 11:27   Link #194
Kipp
Uncertainty

I'm trying to figure out why Kaon and Himiko put up with Mika. I noticed a rebellious spark within Kaon when it took her a minute to tell Mika that she was her sword when Himiko was being taken away. Then again, we're only on episode 2, but it seems Kaon is powerful enough to kick Mika's ass and take off with Himiko if she wanted.
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 13:09   Link #195
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
I'm trying to figure out why Kaon and Himiko put up with Mika. I noticed a rebellious spark within Kaon when it took her a minute to tell Mika that she was her sword when Himiko was being taken away. Then again, we're only on episode 2, but it seems Kaon is powerful enough to kick Mika's ass and take off with Himiko if she wanted.
She totally should! I'm becoming a Kaon fan. xD
Old 2007-01-17, 13:22   Link #196
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

obviously mika is playing some "blackmailer" role here...or that she could be really strong and kaon needs to set and ambush or something the likes >.< either way it shows that mika has the hots for himiko and kaon is not gonna let it happen *waves flag* :3

Old 2007-01-17, 13:31   Link #197
Kipp
Uncertainty

Hopefully Mika ends up dying a slow and painful death. I'm not sure if she's just possessive or Kaon or Himiko, or if she feels threatened by the pair of them together. She was quite obviously pissed off to witness the pair of them kissing/swapping energy - whatever. I'm gonna be sad if the kiss slowly drains the life force out of the human counterpart. I suppose it's up for grabs whether it's just an "exhaustion" drain, or "it's gonna keel you after a while *tragic*" kind of drain. If the latter is true, it makes me kinda think of Chrno Crusade.
Old 2007-01-18, 00:02   Link #198
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
I'm gonna be sad if the kiss slowly drains the life force out of the human counterpart.
But isn't that what Kyoshiro was implying in ep. 2?

I don't think that Mika has the hots for Himiko. Maybe she gets off torturing people and Himiko is her current victim. She's obviously controlling. She's the one who named Himiko "Himiko" apparently.
Old 2007-01-18, 01:08   Link #199
Seiryuu

I've only seen ep1 so far, but it really looks interesting. Feels a little like Kannazuki no Miko gone straight. Interesting potential.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 11:35   Link #200
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But isn't that what Kyoshiro was implying in ep. 2?

I don't think that Mika has the hots for Himiko. Maybe she gets off torturing people and Himiko is her current victim. She's obviously controlling. She's the one who named Himiko "Himiko" apparently.
I must have missed that part with Kyoshiro. I'll have to go back and look. I do remember though when Kuu was watching that film, that Kaon mentioned the eternal mana was the LIFE force inside people. Apparently the kiss does slowly kill the person. *shakes fist* I suppose that would explain Kaon's reluctance to kiss Himiko. Ooo... which could then bring up, was Mika pissed that Kaon was smooching with Himiko? Or was she pissed that Himiko was kissing Kaon, and thus losing some of her life force? Or is she just a bitch in general and was mad they were going about their business without her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Feels a little like Kannazuki no Miko gone straight.
Hahaha. <3

Not entirely straight though.

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen