Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-11-11, 16:03   Link #5641
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Glory of the Losers. Frozen Teardrop is a travesty whose animation should never see the light of day.
Let me get this straight.

Is Glory of the Losers a retelling with the EW designs of Gundam Wing TV and Endless Waltz (movie) molded into 1 series?

If so, then Frozen Teardrop could be like the Dragon Ball GT of the Dragon Ball animes, right?
Old 2013-11-13, 14:01   Link #5642
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Let me get this straight.

Is Glory of the Losers a retelling with the EW designs of Gundam Wing TV and Endless Waltz (movie) molded into 1 series?

If so, then Frozen Teardrop could be like the Dragon Ball GT of the Dragon Ball animes, right?
No. As it stands Sumizawa is still one of the lead writers of Gundam Wing's first half, and the man behind Endless Waltz and Episode Zero. So regardless of it's quality Frozen Teardrop can't be just written off like GT was.

The only saving grace is it's unlikely to ever be animated, and Sunrise most often tends to ignore side stories when it comes to canon material. That said, Frozen Teardrop and Glory are being pushed much harder in a canon sense, even so far as to have it's art very prominently featured with the Gundam Wing Blu Ray boxset in both the cards, and then the 2in1 Combined Box featuring Epyon EW and Proto Zero.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 14:17   Link #5643
susyia

Why the next chapter FT is taking so long?
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 16:23   Link #5644
susyia

chapter 24

http://blog.yeshj.com/ntcace/tag/frozen+teardrop/
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 22:54   Link #5645
gordol
Banned

Damn! Sumisawa's wife has multiple sclerosis and this is the cause of the delays and low quality...

Feels sad man, such an horrible disease. Hopefully she gets better
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 01:11   Link #5646
Tendou Souji

Yeah. I mentioned a while ago she was sick I just didn't know what it was. That is terrible. What's even sadder is that people don't care and continue to berate the man. I can understand the focus on romance now too. Not to try and profit off of this but this probably increases the chances of getting it animated.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 10:11   Link #5647
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Ouch. That's sad news indeed. Considering all the delays, it must be pretty bad. My condolences to both him and his wife.

I don't see how this increases FT's chances of getting animated though?

By the way, whatever happened to that picture drama thing that had been announced some time ago? Anyone knows if it has been released yet?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 10:50   Link #5648
Tendou Souji

I feel it increases the chances of animation because the novel isn't getting a proper run in the magazine.

The drama is supposed to be in Bluray Box 2.
Old 2013-11-15, 11:02   Link #5649
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I think if we see anything, Glory of the Losers will get animated first, followed by Frozen Teardrop.

Imagine if that happened.
Old 2013-11-15, 16:40   Link #5650
Destined_Fate

Frozen Teardrop animated...

Please no.

Glory of the Losers would be interesting though.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 21:45   Link #5651
Knight_SV

In case GoL gets an animated adaptation then sunrise must cast new seiyuu for lady une. Because her seiyuu has passed away.

It's interresting to see how the angelic zero ew will debut later
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 00:40   Link #5652
gordol
Banned

stop daydreaming, GOL will never be animated, there's a small chance FT or a follow up may get something in 2015
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 01:40   Link #5653
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
The nanomachine technology might have been too advanced and powerful for the times, or for him to finish it, which is why deathscyte was the best he could manage.
Did they even have the notion of nanotech back in the day? Wasn't just making a mobile suit top tech when said idea of the Wing ZERO came about? What did the suit that Quatrina/Sabrina (I can't remember which one it was or the suit's name) run on?

Anyways, Glory of the Defeated is already animated... it's called Gundam Wing. That's why we're all here ^_^

But seriously, I would guess that if Gundam Origin does well they might consider reanimating GunadmW. But if that happens, I hope and pray that some of the changes done in GoL are changed back to the original animated story, like Une killing off Mr. Darlin's and not Heero.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 19:04   Link #5654
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
stop daydreaming, GOL will never be animated, there's a small chance FT or a follow up may get something in 2015
Gordol is right. People need to drop the GoL being animated thing. They are never going to up and remake Wing, and that is what GoL would require, it's not going to happen.

It has taken 30 years for 0079 to get it, and they didn't even bother with SEED which is a million times more popular then Wing is.

The only thing that has a shot is Frozen Teardrop, or another type of Sequel should one come along. Regardless of the quality difference in GoL and Frozen, people need to fucking let go of the idea that GoL has any shot whatsoever of being animated.
Old 2013-11-16, 23:02   Link #5655
Tendou Souji

From a financial standpoint it wouldn't make sense at all. Wing is being released on Blu-Ray right now so why would they in a year release it again with the new suits? People aren't going to buy Glory just because it uses the new designs. That is a waste of time. Especially since they have already released MG for the Glory suits. Very little money stands to be made from releasing Glory as an animation Their best bet is to release something that can get new kits and other merchandise made from it. Whether it be FT, G-Unit or something else altogether.
Old 2013-11-17, 08:27   Link #5656
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Gordol is right. People need to drop the GoL being animated thing. They are never going to up and remake Wing, and that is what GoL would require, it's not going to happen.

It has taken 30 years for 0079 to get it, and they didn't even bother with SEED which is a million times more popular then Wing is.

The only thing that has a shot is Frozen Teardrop, or another type of Sequel should one come along. Regardless of the quality difference in GoL and Frozen, people need to fucking let go of the idea that GoL has any shot whatsoever of being animated.
Problem is. They totally revised all the Wing suit designs whereas the others got HD Remasters.
Old 2013-11-17, 11:29   Link #5657
FalsePrime

It doesn't matter if they revised the suits. They will not be remaking Wing, Suit design and story flow has been at odds with the series since Endless Waltz, and they didn't remake the series when EW hit and they won't now.

Like I said, there is a chance that Frozen or some other sequel will get animated (VERY SMALL chance) and if your lucky they will show some flash backs of events that take place during Wing and use the Ver Ka designs.

Lastly Glory being a retelling really means nothing. Even G Gundam has had a Magna Retelling going and G won't be getting a remake either. Overall using mangas to try and guess what would be coming is completely worthless, if mangas meant anything we would likely already have a full Astray animated series given how popular Red and Blue Frame continue to be and have been over the last 10 years.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2013-11-17 at 11:39.
Old 2013-11-19, 10:14   Link #5658
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Damn! Sumisawa's wife has multiple sclerosis and this is the cause of the delays and low quality...

Feels sad man, such an horrible disease. Hopefully she gets better
Okay, now after reading this news, I feel a bit like a douche... I mean that's rough and now it makes a lot of sense.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 10:35   Link #5659
suiton629
Master Grade Master

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis

Wow. That's some serious stuff.
Old 2013-11-19, 14:53   Link #5660
FalsePrime

Can't say the news retroactively makes FT good, what I can say though is I really respect the man. This kinda shit is fucking brutal, and while the story he has told isn't the greatest thing in the world, the fact he cares enough about Wing and it's Fans to try and do this at such a trying time deserves some serious respect.

I wish him and his wife the best, even though it means little when having such a terrible thing happen to one you love.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing