AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-26, 12:32   Link #6221
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Aune: Agreed. Especially about Frieza.

And yeah, there was a lot of danger in all of the arcs of Super except the Universe 6 vs. Universe Tournament Arc. This is true. But a lot of arcs in all of Dragonball/Z have been pretty serious. Everything turned out fine at the end, but they were still serious and the stakes were high. Even in Super, we now know that if a selfish wish had been made, the winning universe would also have been erased. That does make the stakes pretty high. Things were serious.
Old 2018-03-26, 12:41   Link #6222
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The problem to me isn't that there was nothing at stake in those arcs, it's that there is no tension for us viewers because we already know how all it all ends thanks to Dragon Ball's last chapter.

BoG arc: Earth and the main cast are just fine in the last chapter, so we knew Beerus wouldn't do anything.
RoF arc: Exact same thing here. Technically Frieza did manage to blow up Earth, but lol time rewind.
Tournament of Power: Same thing once again. We knew in advance U7 would survive.

The future Trunks arc was the only one that diverged from the rest, since anything could happen to Trunks' timeline and Trunks himself.

You can argue that everything always ended well in DB anyway, and that's true, but at least we didn't know that with absolute certainty. There was always a chance Toriyama would decide to kill off a character permanently (like he had seemingly done with Goku at the end of the Cell arc).
Old 2018-03-26, 14:33   Link #6223
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You can argue that everything always ended well in DB anyway, and that's true, but at least we didn't know that with absolute certainty. There was always a chance Toriyama would decide to kill off a character permanently (like he had seemingly done with Goku at the end of the Cell arc).
To bring him back at the beginner of the next arc, he didn't even give us more time to miss goku and he already back just few chapters after it started, ofcourse fanbase pretty much played a huge role in goku coming back because "dragon ball without goku is not dragon ball" at the end.
Old 2018-03-26, 15:31   Link #6224
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I agree with those fans, actually. Because Dragon Ball without Goku is truly not Dragon Ball. Goku is the face of the series by now.

@Kanon: Well, yeah, you're mostly right. But as already stated, there was still some real danger in the Tournament of Power with what the Grand Priest revealed at the end. That had the wish that had been asked been a selfish one, everything would've been erased. How does that not mean there was some danger?
Old 2018-03-26, 17:56   Link #6225
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Kanon: Well, yeah, you're mostly right. But as already stated, there was still some real danger in the Tournament of Power with what the Grand Priest revealed at the end. That had the wish that had been asked been a selfish one, everything would've been erased. How does that not mean there was some danger?
I'm not arguing there was no danger for the characters, but that we, as viewers, can't feel it for the reason I stated.
Old 2018-03-26, 18:26   Link #6226
Blueknight78

well to be honestly i really don't care about it, i'm at 40 now and i can still enjoy pokemon, digimon, fairy tail, dragon ball and many others shounen series without that "too serious need", i'm fine with nakama power, cheese speechs and all aslong it make sense inside the world, maybe i can get buged by "low level writing with inconsistences here and there but aslong the show bring enough fun for me to not worry too much toward the "bad sides i'm fine. ofcourse when a serie is really so bad which the "fun" part is not "enough fun to cover for the bad part" or it really not match my taste or have too much elements which i dislike then i can get anger but normally i try to stop follow the serie instead of getting frustrate, unless in some cases like series which i was following for years like to love ru which no matter how i hated it, i've already reached the point of "no return and had to follow it to the end even when it was for me one horrible crap, but overal normally i don't really have problem with the most common shounen troops aslong it's fun.
Old 2018-03-27, 05:03   Link #6227
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Kanon: Yeah, that's true I guess.

I also don't mind nakama power and all that. If I minded it, I wouldn't be into the Shōnen demographic at all.
Old 2018-03-27, 22:16   Link #6228
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Nah i don't see much power of friend ship in DBZ and DBS
Old 2018-03-27, 22:26   Link #6229
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
we already know how all it all ends thanks to Dragon Ball's last chapter.
All things considering, I think there's a decent chance that's not canon anymore.
Old 2018-03-28, 05:00   Link #6230
DragonOsman
Dragon King

No, it should be. This is all set before End of Z, and Goku could just have been holding back his God ki when he fought Uub since he can turn it on or off at will. That and we also don't know if he managed to get the hang of Ultra Instinct before End of Z. Though I hope he'll manage to do it eventually. And I also don't think anything has happened yet that completely debunks the final chapter and Epilogue of the Dragon Ball Z manga.
Old 2018-03-28, 06:21   Link #6231
Kazu-kun

Well, we don't know until we get there. I just think there's a decent chance Toriyama will just brush it off.
Old 2018-03-28, 06:49   Link #6232
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Dende asked Goku to train Uub. So even if nothing else does, that part is still going to happen.
Old 2018-03-28, 11:06   Link #6233
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
All things considering, I think there's a decent chance that's not canon anymore.
There is no reason to think it isn't canon anymore, especially with the references to Uub. In fact, I think DBS is set before that ending precisely because Toriyama wants it to remain the final ending for the Dragon Ball series.
Old 2018-03-28, 11:36   Link #6234
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Unless there are plans to continue after it.
Old 2018-03-28, 14:26   Link #6235
uniemaia

always love dragon ball
uniemaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 10:42   Link #6236
BWTraveller
Born to ship

One thing occurred to me. Don't know if others have noted it, but 17's wish was NOT "restore all universes destroyed during this tournament", it was simply "restore all universes that were destroyed". Technically, wouldn't that include the ones Zen-o erased a long time ago in a tantrum? We could have even more worlds to deal with when this comes back.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 11:16   Link #6237
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
One thing occurred to me. Don't know if others have noted it, but 17's wish was NOT "restore all universes destroyed during this tournament", it was simply "restore all universes that were destroyed". Technically, wouldn't that include the ones Zen-o erased a long time ago in a tantrum? We could have even more worlds to deal with when this comes back.
Yeah, pretty much everyone speculated that but we don't know since the writer seems made it vague as hell. I am definitely won't be surprised if the new threat came from U13-U16 though. But then it was Grand Priest who spoke the dragon so I doubt he could make such a blunder unless Zeno or GP secretly want those universes back for whatever reasons.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 12:42   Link #6238
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Does 17 know about the universes that were erased before? Maybe the Grand Priest made sure to only ask the dragon to bring back the universes erased during the tournament because of that technicality. Unless he did actually ask to bring all of the erased universes back, including the ones the Zeno erased before in a tantrum.
Old 2018-04-04, 01:04   Link #6239
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Does 17 know about the universes that were erased before? Maybe the Grand Priest made sure to only ask the dragon to bring back the universes erased during the tournament because of that technicality. Unless he did actually ask to bring all of the erased universes back, including the ones the Zeno erased before in a tantrum.
No, he don't. So it is possibly that 6 universe that was erased long before come back because of the wish. But well we need to wait.
Old 2018-04-04, 08:14   Link #6240
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Like I said, if 17 doesn't know about those other universes that were erased before, then the Grand Priest may have kept that in mind when making the wish and made sure to ask for only the the universes that were erased during the tournament to be brought back because if 17 doesn't know about those other universes, he'd of course only mean to ask for the universes erased during the tournament to be brought back.

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy