AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-06, 08:24   Link #2021
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

my damn Reckoning demo won't let me sign into my origins account, so i'm bummed out of my armor... atleast I still got my Dragonblood....
Old 2012-03-06, 08:29   Link #2022
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I think I shed more than one tear just listening to the banter of people talking about the war in the Citadel. Holy shit.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 09:38   Link #2023
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Sup guys, so I heard your still waiting for ME3 to be officially launched?

Spoiler for First in!!:

Well, I'm already playing Fem Shep.

*ruuuuuuunz*
Old 2012-03-06, 10:12   Link #2024
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Sup guys, so I heard your still waiting for ME3 to be officially launched?

Spoiler for First in!!:

Well, I'm already playing Fem Shep.

*ruuuuuuunz*
That's nice, considering how I've logged over half a day on it already.

Just finished the genophage mission and mother of god... quite possibly THE best mission chain in the series. The action and emotion was just perfect. Only criticism is how the choices were a no brainer.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 10:23   Link #2025
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

My preorder status still says processing... seems like it will take awhile. At this point I am probably going to attempt to avoid any forum about Mass Effect.

Anyway apparently Alienware is giving away free dlc weapon, but you have to register if you want to get/
M-90 Indra Sniper Rifle
http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaw...ect-3-giveaway
only 8687 left.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:28   Link #2026
Aqua Knight

Does anyone think that graphics are still kinda low textured?

Also did your Paragon/Renegade points transfer correctly.
I've only completed 2 missions and had a bunch of reputation points and my bar looks like this.
Spoiler for rep bar screen:

Does this mean that my ME 1 + ME 2 points were transfered or not? I mean shouldn't the blue/red amount me higher if I played 2 other games?
Old 2012-03-06, 10:37   Link #2027
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
That's nice, considering how I've logged over half a day on it already.
Either you missed the punchline of the prank that I just pulled, or you're just bragging that you actually got ME3.
Old 2012-03-06, 11:52   Link #2028
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Either you missed the punchline of the prank that I just pulled, or you're just bragging that you actually got ME3.
A little bit of this and a little bit of that. Was viewing the post at the time through my iPhone during class so couldn't really give it much thought.
Old 2012-03-06, 12:00   Link #2029
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well time to stop since I got work to tomorrow, so here's my general impressions (with no spoilers I hope):

The Good:

- I am damn impressed with the scale and presentation. As I've mentioned in my previous post, Bioware has done a bang up job at the start of the game. It really pulls you into the fact that the galaxy is completely fucked without Shepard at the helm and the races getting their heads out of their asses and getting together to fight the Reapers.

- The linking together of sidequests with Galactic Readiness is really interesting. So far every sidequest I've done contributes in some way to your capacity to fight when the time comes, and the galaxy readiness screens actually breaks it down neatly by logistic type, making you see how each contribution matters to the overall readiness. In the end it REALLY makes you feel like everything you do matters in the end in some way, whether it's military hardware, volunteers to the war effort, changes in moral, medical supplies and even media representation.

- Really solid writing and voice acting as expected. Some hokey lines here and there, but the script and the voicing really sells the gravity of the situation.

- The combat... well anyone who's played the demo knows how much it's improved over the past 3 games. Everything feels smoother and more responsive. This is further improved by the fact that most environments are larger as opposed to the corridor fighting in ME2. Cover feels more natural than simple boxes sticking out in the middle of nowhere. And fighting your own battles as Shepard while massive battles rage in the background... it's breathtaking.

- So far I've met old characters along with the new ones. I won't say who, but even those who apparently are not on your roster this time have a big contribution of some sort. Alongside new characters and even faceless ones being active (you walk the Citadel solo, while you can actually meet party members doing their own thing in the Citadel and talk to them), it makes you really feel that everyone's pitching in for the survival of the galaxy.

- All shops and upgrades can be done on ship once you visited the shops, with a bloody 10% markup on prices like you're paying for the convenience. Small price to pay I guess.

- You're choices in previous games are already making themselves apparent even a few hours in. Not as much as I expected for some, but it's neat to see how they actually affect your game.

The Bad:

- Classic U3 engine glitches. The framerate can stutter for no apparent reason, textures can pop up in your face, animations can glitch and I've gotten stuck on terrain at least once. Not as bad as ME1, but you'd think they'd have ironed out the bugs by now.

- While planet scanning here is a hell of a lot better, it gets annoying when the Reapers come after you and you can't scan properly. Furthermore, if they do catch up to your ship, all you get is a silly reload to when you enter each system which renders being chased by the Reaper ships pointless.

All in all the game so far is living up to the hype, but above all it's the immersion of the game that's the standout. Bioware promised that, and how this game will wrap up the trilogy in more ways than one, and so far Bioware has succeeded in making me completely lose myself in the setting and the situation with the amount of care they've placed in the setup. You can literally feel shit hitting the fan for everyone when every little bit of the game looks crafted specifically to reflect this. Everything from news reports, character banter, dialogues and presentation is really driving this fact home, and it really puts you in the situation to believe that things really are that dire and gives you the drive to fight for everyone's survival.

As it stands it gives credence to the character's name: He's no longer just the Shepard of humanity, but the literal shepherd of all living races fighting for survival.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 12:44   Link #2030
Aqua Knight

I think Liara is now a totally awesome character - strong and supportive, yet compassionate and in need of your support and love.
Old 2012-03-06, 13:28   Link #2031
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I think Liara is now a totally awesome character - strong and supportive, yet compassionate and in need of your support and love.
And the ability to spam Singularity nonstop.
Old 2012-03-06, 14:01   Link #2032
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Blagh, talk about a moodkiller. ME3 refuses to see any of my ME2 saves to import. -_-
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 14:14   Link #2033
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

What are you playing on?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 14:14   Link #2034
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Still waiting for the CE to come in but I'm at work.

Just a question for any who can answer.

So let's say I play the SP and then finish it. Great.

If I start a new game, do I have to restart my multiplayer characters or do they carry over?

Cause that would suck if you have to go through it again after the first time.

On that matter in the demo there were 3 options in regards to the story if you cannot import or don't have ME2 saves. Does anyone know who lives, dies, and what decisions were made in each one?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 14:21   Link #2035
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
What are you playing on?
PC, from a converted 360 save. I got it working again by renaming my saves to the usual codes instead of custom names, but now it says it cant detect my custom facial code. Lessee if retyping it manually works...

Edit: Crap. Looks like the 360 doesnt have facial codes...
Old 2012-03-06, 14:53   Link #2036
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Seems like a pervasive bug, that one (the facial recognition). Hope they fix it soon.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 15:55   Link #2037
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
PC, from a converted 360 save. I got it working again by renaming my saves to the usual codes instead of custom names, but now it says it cant detect my custom facial code. Lessee if retyping it manually works...

Edit: Crap. Looks like the 360 doesnt have facial codes...
Are you using that one save editor? Gibb or w.e? I was thinking of playing ME3 on my PC since I won't have access to my 360 for another 2 or so months...does downloading a save and then importing it to ME3 work well? Does it cover all the necessary flags?
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 15:56   Link #2038
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

How they did not squash this during testing, I do not now, but the bug has reached higher echelons:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/9513640/
Old 2012-03-06, 16:29   Link #2039
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
How they did not squash this during testing, I do not now, but the bug has reached higher echelons:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/9513640/
Pheew, looks like I'm save then.
I actually recreated my Shepard's face in ME2 because I didn't really liked my ME1 face.
And as I plan changing it slightly again for ME3 I think I won't have problems with that at least.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time they have problems with imported save games. With the whole Conrad Verner thing as the most obvious thing.
Old 2012-03-06, 16:30   Link #2040
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

masseffectsaves.com masseffectfaces.com

i hope these help.

Tags
effect, games, mass