AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2016-05-24, 20:08   Link #1
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
ISML Nominations

Noticed no one created a thread for 2016... did I miss some announcement?

Bored with the anime this year and last year. Decided to go old school with most nominees. Most of them won't get in, but hey, might as well remember some of the good characters that have never seen ISML.

Code:
	Character Name 		Series Title
1.	Rei Ayanami	        Neon Genesis Evangelion
2.	Asuka Langley Soryu	Neon Genesis Evangelion
3.	Lafiel Abriel           Crest of the Stars
4.	Rumi Yokoi	        Tonari no Seki-kun
5.	Yuno Gasai	        Mirai Nikki
6.	Mami Tomoe	        Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
7.	Chiyo Sakura	        Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
8.	Yuzuki Seo	        Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
9.	Ryoko Asakura	        The Melancoly of Haruhi Suzumiya
10.	Tsumugi Kotobuki	K-On!
11.	Eriri Spencer Sawamura	Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
12.	Felli Loss	        Chrome Shelled Regios
13.	Kyoko Otonashi	        Maison Ikkoku
14.	Belldandy	        Ah My Goddess
15.	Teletha Testarossa	Full Metal Panic
16.	Ami Mizuno	        Sailor Moon
17.	Rei Hino	        Sailor Moon
18.	Makoto Kino	        Sailor Moon

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-24, 21:59   Link #2
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I thought Saimoe in general is dead.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-25, 00:26   Link #3
HasuMasu
*Artist

I liked it better when ISML happened the whole year.
Old 2016-05-25, 08:45   Link #4
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I thought Saimoe in general is dead.
Nope. Delayed for some reason, but very much alive:

http://internationalsaimoe.com/

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-25, 12:15   Link #5
hinakatbklyn

While I may have been more or less forum inactive, I'm still active concerning anime and manga as well as recent changes to ISML.

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/rules/charter.php
http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/f...php?f=2&t=6848

To summarise a few main changes:
- Instead of league format, ISML is now a tournament format. 128 Female, 128 Male for the main tournament (No preliminaries)
- For Nominations, any eligible female character up to Spring season 2016 can be nominated. Which tournament they end up in depends on when their first anime appearance occurs.
(a) Prior to 12/31/15 = Main tournament (or seasonal tournament if the anime occured during the winter or spring 2016 season and they missed out on the main tournament). Exceptions: Prior tiara winners are ineligible / The winner and runner ups during the 2015 seasonal tournaments already auto qualify for the main tournament.
(b) Between 1/1 and 6/30/16 = Seasonal Tournament based on which season the anime occured

- Male tournament, any eligible male character up to 12/31/15 (no tournament for 2016 only characters)

*Note: if by chance when nominating the entire ballot is all male or all female, there has to be at least one nomination from the opposite gender.

Example: My nominations from ISML forum:

(1) Tedeza Rize (GochiUsagi)
(2) Yuuki Mikan (To Love Ru)
(3) Yazawa Nico (Love Live)
(4) Sawamura Spencer Eriri (Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata)
(5) Hestia (Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darouka)
(6) Sasamiya Saya (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk/Asterisk War)
(7) Ebisuzawa Kurumi (School Live)
(8) Aika Tenkūbashi (Shomin Sample)
(9) Sakurada Akane (Jōkamachi no Dandelion)
(10) Stella Vermillion (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry)
(11) Toudou Kirin (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk/Asterisk War)
(12) Morino Kirin (Kōfuku Graffiti)
(13) Ebina Nana (Himouto! Umaru-chan)
(14) Yamada Aoi (Working!!)
(15) Tobisawa Misaki (Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm)
(16) Megumin (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!)
(17) Reina Izumi (Musaigen no Phantom World)

(18) Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 09:32   Link #6
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Man, what happened to ISML?

This tournament used to be a pretty big deal, with your average match topping 7 thousand total votes, and with the yearly ISML thread being one of the most active on Anime Suki.

I recently checked out ISML's main site, and now your average match is somewhere between 2 and 3 thousand total votes, a huge decline off of ISML's peak.

When J-SaiMoe pretty much died a couple years back, I figured ISML would grow if anything.

Does any ISML follower here know why the decline happened? As someone who followed ISML pretty closely for a couple years, I'm pretty curious.
Old 2016-08-02, 11:20   Link #7
VORTIA

The code model they used for vote tallies became unworkable, as individuals figured out how to artificially generate hundreds of apparently valid votes. Tournament organizers responded not by developing a more secure system, but instead by arbitrarily tossing out votes they felt appeared suspicious and blocking whole swathes of foreign IPs, which only had the effect of alienating participants and convincing them that invalidating votes was simply a way by the admins to crown their chosen girls.

The final straw was probably the Saki mafia locking down the entire tourney with non-stop strategic voting, locking out every other show by submitting and getting accepted even the most minor members of the Saki cast and turning out to vote only for the Saki characters in every match-up. The end result was a tie between two Saki characters. At that point participation had dropped to the point that neither character had received more than 200 votes.

Needless to say, the failure of the tournament organizers to adapt to it's increased popularity killed it.
VORTIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 22:29   Link #8
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by VORTIA View Post
The code model they used for vote tallies became unworkable, as individuals figured out how to artificially generate hundreds of apparently valid votes. Tournament organizers responded not by developing a more secure system, but instead by arbitrarily tossing out votes they felt appeared suspicious and blocking whole swathes of foreign IPs, which only had the effect of alienating participants and convincing them that invalidating votes was simply a way by the admins to crown their chosen girls.

The final straw was probably the Saki mafia locking down the entire tourney with non-stop strategic voting, locking out every other show by submitting and getting accepted even the most minor members of the Saki cast and turning out to vote only for the Saki characters in every match-up. The end result was a tie between two Saki characters. At that point participation had dropped to the point that neither character had received more than 200 votes.

Needless to say, the failure of the tournament organizers to adapt to it's increased popularity killed it.
Who were the favorites to win the tournament just before this Saki mafia started doing its thing?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 23:35   Link #9
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Man, what happened to ISML?

This tournament used to be a pretty big deal, with your average match topping 7 thousand total votes, and with the yearly ISML thread being one of the most active on Anime Suki.

I recently checked out ISML's main site, and now your average match is somewhere between 2 and 3 thousand total votes, a huge decline off of ISML's peak.

When J-SaiMoe pretty much died a couple years back, I figured ISML would grow if anything.

Does any ISML follower here know why the decline happened? As someone who followed ISML pretty closely for a couple years, I'm pretty curious.
Format change (which was more due to real life reasons than anything), and the fact that the tournament didn't start until July, which was way later than the year-round format it had. I think those are the main reasons really.

Quote:

This is talking about AST, not ISML. I didn't really follow AST but IIRC by 2014 it had already became little more than Madoka vs Saki war, so the "favourite" was pretty down to one of these two series anyways.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
isml, old anime, saimoe 2016