Notices

Old 2006-12-10, 05:06   Link #661
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-and-Fire View Post
That's why we like him. XD

I'm really looking forward to see what their role will be in the story. I hope that Sunrise will make good use of them and not waste them.

All hail the people of Jupiter!
All Hail Jupiter XD!!! It'd be very nice to see Jupiter featured in the series, as it was already seen both in the OP & stage1 (when Lelouch was granted the power of Geass).

I really like the new OP, and especially the references to C.C. and her civilization. The winged figure in the new OP gives the vibe of a mythological figure (an ancient Greek figure comes to mind).

Last edited by metamorphic; 2006-12-10 at 17:38.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 05:15   Link #662
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstratboy View Post
... doesn't the 'Zaft no tamini!/For a clean and blue world!'(You know the quotes I mean) sort of resemble the Nippon Banzai/All hail Brittania. Which I think are just phrases to catch our attention like in professional wrestling.
Actually the nationalism there was centered around Orb, not ZAFT. Orb was supposed to symbolize Japan - a successful country in the middle of a sea and coveted by other nations for its industrial prowess and capabilities. The staff itself admitted that Orb was fashioned after modern day Japan.

Honestly right now I could care less about what Taniguchi could say about that so-called expansionnism and the dangers of the West, even if this is an AU. Britannia doesn't really strike me as an alternate version of Great Britain so I see nothing to grumble about. Nevertheless, due to its colonialist past and certain aspects of its sprawling monarchy it's easy to draw links, but not necessarily consider the likenesses as a direct insult or jab at GB. I just tend to frown when directors insert political messages in their shows. I'm sort of there for entertainment, not to receive a political diatribe (as I sort of became allergic to speeches like that nowadays) or whatnot. Make no mistake, I enjoy Code Geass but I remain deaf to the current nationalism debate. Such things tend to sour my enjoyment of the series, even if they do provide good material for speculation, debate and discussion about the real world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria
I have also got a feeling that C.C. and her civilization might become the most major emphasis of the series quite soon (and is currently quite a major plot point, perhaps the most major, in my opinion), since there are numerous hints pointing to this direction, both in the OP/ED sequences & throughout the series (as highlighted numerous times by Sonhex and other users in other threads). The hints to Jupiter and ancient civilization are really quite interesting. Code Geass is an amazing series, and there are so many interesting plot points & hints throughout every episode, it's really tantalizing.
That, IMO, will be the crux of the penultimate arc of the series, right before neo Ragnarok - namely the battle against the Emperor, which possibly might lead to world-changing events. But right now, aside from the frequent use of the Power of Geass, there is little to no sign of supernatural activity, the likes of which were seen in episode 01 with C.C.'s appearance. I hope it'll change with
Spoiler:
Aside from that, I only hope Taniguchi and Co. won't pull a Tomino (I mean, a kill'em'all ending) on us for the finale - that'd be a very bad way to end such an interesting series.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-12-10 at 05:43.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 06:14   Link #663
monstratboy

My comment wasn't actually about the nationalism comparison but begins with me just bringing up another GS comparison with the things one shouts before he gives his all before fighting for his side. It was just another silly comparison that I was apologising for before hand. I know its becomming annoying with this and that but there are just so many things that one can pick out its like a game.

Anyway, I'd also like to think that these fictional backgrounds are created on whats running through the creators' minds and to get the audience to ask themselves questions about different ideas rather than potray how they feel about real word situations. I don't really know the people and they could be lying about what they say to the media.

Spoiler for new character:

Last edited by monstratboy; 2006-12-10 at 06:40.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 18:37   Link #664
Zelene2004

I was just wondering if anyone knew who Chiba Saeko is the seiyuu for? It says Nina from the Student Council, and while that could be true, it also sounds like she is the woman in the Japanese liberation front seen in episode 9. Or it could just be that she plays both.
Thanks

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Zelene2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 18:49   Link #665
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

^ It's probably both. Guess some minor Student Council Members are getting a second role now. E.g. Sugiyama Noriaki getting two roles as well - Rivalz and some guy in the Resistance/Order of the Black Knights.
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 10:28   Link #666
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Credits to verity_isle for the translation.
Official Mecha page updated on the CG-LotR website.

Quote:
Knightmare Frame : A general term for humanoid-shaped weapons used by the Britannia Empire. All types come equipped with a 'Factsphere' Open Sensor Camera on the head piece, which serve to gather information. The legs are commonly equipped with the 'Landspinner' high-speed deployment gear. Variants are possible for specific circumstances and/or users.

Featured Frames

Glasgow
Model Code. : RPI-11
Height : 4.24 m
Combat Weight : 7350 kg

The first fourth-generation Knightmare Frame deployed in actual combat. Used as a fuselage model for the development of later Frames. The mainstay unit in the Britannian invasion of Japan, the model was vastly superior to Japanese regular weapons and proved its high worth. Currently considered outdated and seeing increasingly diminished use. Armed with Stun Tonfas, Slash Harken (hook) and Assault Rifle.

*RPI = Royal Panzer Infantry

Sutherland
Model Code : RPI-13
Height : 4.39 m
Combat : 7480 kg

Fifth-generation Knightmare Frame based on the Glasgow model. Cockpit life support is improved and movement rate is increased by allowing better application of the Landspinner unit. Currently the mass-produced mainstay Frame of the Britannian Army. Armed with Stun Tonfas, Slash Harken (hook) and Assault Rifle.

Lancelot
Model Code : Z-01
Height : 4.49 m
Combat : 7480 kg

A prototype weapon produced by the Britannian Military Engineering Corps. Seventh-generation Knightmare Frame developed by Lloyd, a special envoy from the Engineering Corps. The model features a high ratio of Sakuradite in its Yggdrasil Drive (term : Knightmare Frame power source) 'Coalminas' nucleus, enabling a vastly superior output. Sakuradite is incorporated in every part of the model, leading to a new milestone in efficiency from the previous six generations. Consequently, however, it can be said that the machine chooses its pilots.
The Lancelot is armed with two Slash Harkens and two Factspheres. The Maser Vibration Swords installed on both sides of the cockpit are able to shred an opponent with its high oscillation.
The VARIS (Variable Ammunition Repulsion Impact Spitfire – hand rifle) allows control of the ammunition's repellent force.

Gloucester, Cornelia's Custom Model
Model Code : RPI-00/SC
Height : 4.84 m
Combat : 7850 kg

Fifth-generation Knightmare Frame, a remodeling of the Sutherland. Aiming for close combat with other Knightmare Frames, with improved hand-to-hand capabilities. Occasionally draped in a cape. Only used by Cornelia and her retinue of royal guards. Cornelia's personal Frame features two large horns on the head piece. Uses a lance.

Gloucester
Model Code : RPI-209
Height : 4.29 m
Combat weight : 7750 kg

Fifth-generation Knightmare Frame used by her bodyguards. The Frames used by her aides, Darlton and Gilford, are red in color. General Frames are blue.

Burai (Sort of translates to Brute)
Model Code : Type-10R
Height : 4.56 m
Combat weight : 7530 kg

An imitation of the Glasgow produced by the Japanese Resistance. Its capabilities are fundamentally similar to the Glasglow. The head piece features a sharp horn, while the chest piece is equipped with a machine gun. The hands can be used to guard, characteristic to the model. Given to the Order of Black Knights from Kyoto. Kallen's machine is red, the one with long horns is for Zero's personal use.

Burai-kai (Sort of translates to Burai-revised edition)
Model Code : Type-1R
Height : 4.37 m
Combat Weight : 7480 kg

A model used by the Japan Liberation Front's Toudou and the Four Holy Swords. Minor changes were made from the basic Burai model. The horns extend to the back of the model body.

Raikou (Lightning)

Multi-legged gunship used by the Japan Liberation Front. It is a superconducting magnetic heavy artillery piece supported by four Glasgow units, equipped with free-revolving gun batteries to combat approaching foes.

Guren Nishiki (Crimson Lotus Mark II)

Height : 4.51 m
Combat Weight : 7510 kg

One of the Knightmare Frames given from Kyoto to the Order of Black Knights. As the basic design ideology is completely different from the Britannia-made models, the shape is largely different. However, its capabilities are fit for a Seventh Generation model, which is a source of pride. The cockpit seat is shaped like a bike for boarding. It can release the 'fukushahadou' (Radiant surge) from the palm of its right hand : when the hand is pushed against an object, short-cycle bursts of high-frequency oscillations are directly released to destroy the exposed object.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-12-17 at 13:23.
Old 2006-12-17, 13:23   Link #667
Deario

From reading the description of the lancelot, geass is not a part of its operation
Deario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 13:29   Link #668
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Geass is a purely biological feature - only living beings can have or store it. The only thing the Lancelot has compared to other sixth or seventh generation KFs is the presence of a Sakuradite-powered Yggdrasil Drive as well as Sakuradite implants/coatings throughout its frame (which sort of reminds me of the magnetic coating used in the Mobile Suit Gundam metaseries for several suits, namely the RX-78s). And Sakuradite is the ony thing so far linking this world to C.C.'s universe (the temple in the OP and where the Emperor was seen features comparable gems). But then again, Japan was the only area where that resource was found so it's too early to state that it's a C.C.-world-exclusive mineral.
Old 2006-12-17, 15:26   Link #669
Navel

How does a "purely mechanical" thing like Lancelot be "choosing its pilot" ?
Navel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 16:09   Link #670
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navel View Post
How does a "purely mechanical" thing like Lancelot be "choosing its pilot" ?
A similar sentence was used on Gundam SEED Destiny's official website about the ZGMF-X666S Legend mecha so if you've watched GSD you can understand the explanation - it simply means that the Lancelot is so high-performance and so powerful that only a handful of skillful pilots can handle it and use it to its fullest. It's not something you can hand out to a rookie.

An ace with a lot of experience and familiarity in that field can make full use of the Lancelot's capabilities. In other hands, it'd look like a lame duck. Very unspectacular.

In other words, it's the Lancelot that requires an outstanding pilot, not the other way around. It's not a mecha that can be chosen by a simple, bottom-of-the-well soldier and still act out fine. Just the opposite.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-12-17 at 16:21.
Old 2006-12-17, 17:16   Link #671
Navel

So the only ones to blame are the sunrise people for giving the "needs highly qualified pilot" Lancelot to a man that has never piloted a knightframe before. ^^

The scene in ep 10 in which Kallen and Co were reading the knightframe manuals before going to battle are also very believable. ^^

(I must remember myself this is an anime, after all)
Navel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 17:37   Link #672
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navel View Post
So the only ones to blame are the sunrise people for giving the "needs highly qualified pilot" Lancelot to a man that has never piloted a knightframe before. ^^
The only excuse Sunrise has to offer is that, although Honorary Britannians are forbidden to use real-life Knightmare Frames, Suzaku was top of his class in the KF simulator courses. He only has virtual experience.

Quote:
The scene in ep 10 in which Kallen and Co were reading the knightframe manuals before going to battle are also very believable. ^^

(I must remember myself this is an anime, after all)
It's somewhat reminiscent of Mobile Suit Gundam - an anime icon - where Amuro Ray, a civilian, learns to pilot a prototype RX-78-2 by rifling through a user manual lying nearby...at least Kallen has actual experience with actual Knightmare Frames. Moreover, the resistance group that came to be the Black Knights already had piloted Glasgows before, as shown in episode 02. Maybe they took turns trying out Kallen's (now destroyed) customized Glasgow, who knows...

And then we've got a small seed of prodigy [/irony] in Lelouch, who, on top of being a civilian and by then not part of a resistance group, managed to smoothly pilot a Glasgow, its C3I systems and even use it offensively - and all of that on his first try...-_-
Old 2006-12-17, 18:01   Link #673
Deario

There is no proff to this but, upper class Brits should have access Video Game like simulators, so Lulu and Suzaku might have played in simuls as children.
Old 2006-12-17, 18:11   Link #674
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The only excuse Sunrise has to offer is that, although Honorary Britannians are forbidden to use real-life Knightmare Frames, Suzaku was top of his class in the KF simulator courses. He only has virtual experience.
Well everyone trains on simulators, they're the cockpit of the KF where you can't get killed (or they should be) ,so Suzaku's experience is worth quite a lot.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 20:07   Link #675
Deario

whens the next ep?
Old 2006-12-18, 01:18   Link #676
Lindus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deario View Post
whens the next ep?
If you check out animenewsnetwork you'd find this schedule.

Enjoy:

Episode titles:
2006-10-05
1. The Day The Devil Was Born - 魔神 が 生まれた 日- Majin ga umareta hi

2006-10-12
2. The Awakening White Knight - 覚醒 の 白き 騎士 Kakusei no shiroki kishi

2006-10-19
3. The Fake Classmate - 偽り の クラス メイト - Itsuwari no CLASSMATE

2006-10-26
4. The Name Is Zero - その 名 は ゼロ - Sono na wa Zero

2006-11-02
5. The Princess And The Witch - 皇女 と 魔女 - Koujo to majo

2006-11-09
6. The Stolen Mask - 奪われた 仮面 - Ubawareta kamen

2006-11-16
7. Attack Cornelia - コーネリア を 撃て - Cornelia o ute

2006-11-23
8. The Black Knights - 黒 の 騎士団 - Kuro no kishidan

2006-12-07
9. Refrain - リ フ レ イ ン

2006-12-14
10. The Crimson Lotus Dances - 紅蓮 舞う - Guren mau

2006-12-21
11. Narita Battle - ナリタ 攻防戦 - Narita koubousen

2007-01-04
12. Messenger From Kyoto - キョウト から の 使者 - Kyoto kara no shisha

2007-01-11
13. Shirley And Gunpoint - シャーリー と 銃口 - Shirley to juukou

2007-01-18
14. Geass Vs. Geass - ギアス 対 ギアス - Geass tai Geass
Lindus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 02:09   Link #677
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
2007-01-11
13. Shirley And Gunpoint - シャーリー と 銃口 - Shirley to juukou

2007-01-18
14. Geass Vs. Geass - ギアス 対 ギアス - Geass tai Geass
Please stop spreading romurs. These two entries are unverified and have 99% chance of being false.
(The extra 1% is if Sunrise copied what they read on the internet.)
Old 2006-12-18, 03:33   Link #678
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Well everyone trains on simulators, they're the cockpit of the KF where you can't get killed (or they should be) ,so Suzaku's experience is worth quite a lot.
Hmm, in all honesty, wouldn't that be like saying that plane pilots who only train on simulators wouldn't be any diff. from pilots who actually have flying experience.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 03:59   Link #679
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Hmm, in all honesty, wouldn't that be like saying that plane pilots who only train on simulators wouldn't be any diff. from pilots who actually have flying experience.
No not really. Our plane simulators aren't that advanced yet. And i wouldn't compare KF with planes, i'd rather compare it with tanks if i have to compare KFs with anything because there ins't really anything comparable in our world.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 05:07   Link #680
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Hmm, because of the versatility of movement, I'd compare the KFs to planes more than tanks really, because they seem to be a lot more complicated to pilot than a tank. Especially since they can ride up buildings, do flips and so on.

Plus we have no idea how advanced the simulators are for the Geass world.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote