AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 12 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 28.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-24, 22:47   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
What is blue toga?
If I recall correctly, it's that blue bear suit of hers/Marcosias'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
Curious question: Why is it that the Crimson Lords are always referred as Kings of the Guze, regardless of their gender? Isn't there any sort of differentiation such as calling the females Queens of the Guze or something of that sort?

It was something from Season 1 during a flashback in earlier years when Shana was training to be a Flame Haze and Wilhelmina introduced Tiamat, referring to her as a King of the Guze.

Seems like the Flame Hazes are too consumed in their anger that they become more predictable to their enemies.
Apparently, their genders are a "mystery". -_-
If you check the official website, the character profiles for the Denizens have a gender with a (?) next to it. Mea doesn't even have a designated gender.

That's because a lot of Flame Hazes become Flame Hazes because the Denizens did something to them, like Margery.
Friagne killed many of such, as he claims. (with the 1-hit Kill Trigger Happy)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-25, 04:08   Link #42
kimchipride
Geass User

It deserves an 8/10 but I gave it a 9 just because no Konoe and we got more action

Last edited by kimchipride; 2007-11-25 at 16:16.
Old 2007-11-25, 05:18   Link #43
tabun
rawr!

Oh, Margery fanservice And she looks better (to me, at least) in that time period, too.
I enjoyed this episode, mostly because something different is happening. Having Margery Daw's character fleshed out like this makes me wonder if she'll play an important role in the events to come!

Also, thanks to SS/Eclipse and Ayako/YM for picking up the pace and delivering in quality, it is much appreciated!
Old 2007-11-25, 05:50   Link #44
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
What is blue toga?
That would be the name of the blue bear-like armour that Margery summons and wears.

Quote:
Why did Sydonay work as part time as a bodyguard-for-hire? Since he is a Trinity, I feel that working for other tomogara belittles his status.
Quote:
Sydonay has probably a double agenda, and we don't know what he gains with this job.
Also, note that he already did that in S1, protecting the Aizen Twins and te cradle garden hougu.
There's no need to think too much about it. Sydonay was simply slacking off, since he couldn't be arsed into seeking out the Reiji Maigo for Bal Masque, and as long as Bel-Peol and Hecate don't rush him, he's going to continue slacking off.

Stumbling into Yuji during one of his freelance bodyguard assignments was totally pure luck.

Quote:
Curious question: Why is it that the Crimson Lords are always referred as Kings of the Guze, regardless of their gender? Isn't there any sort of differentiation such as calling the females Queens of the Guze or something of that sort?
The Japanese term for Crimson Lord is 紅世の王 (Guze no Ou), in which 王 is genderless in the Japanese language and can be applied to both male and female. So you can call the female ones "Crimson Ladies" or "Female Crimson Lord" if you like.

In the novel, it is explained that Crimson Denizens and Lords do not have gender in the strictest physical sense, but one can "feel" what their gender is just by their personality. And those that take physical form in our world would pick the gender that best suits their personality. Hence Sydonay is male, Hecate is female, etc.
Old 2007-11-25, 07:45   Link #45
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
This episode bored me, except for the part with naked Margery.

When did she start wearing glasses, I wonder?
I'll bet Margery wears one to honor Yuri.

If I remember right in the first season it is Margery's SOP to recruit locals to help her in her hunt for Tomogara.

When she's finished she just leaves her underlings behind.

Maybe a little bit of Yuri rubbed off her.

As for Pheles let's just say the origin of the Reijo Maigo lies with her.
Old 2007-11-25, 08:30   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
There's no need to think too much about it. Sydonay was simply slacking off, since he couldn't be arsed into seeking out the Reiji Maigo for Bal Masque, and as long as Bel-Peol and Hecate don't rush him, he's going to continue slacking off.
Indeed, it's his character type. We've seen this more then once in the first season --- now we just know he's always been like that. A character type that'll have him killed one day, though he's living the way he wants to, and loves it.

I'm rather interested with this new enemy Annaberg, gotta love the monologue type characters --- especially when what he's saying, and appereance suit the time frame perfectly.

& yeah regarding Margery's glasses --- i wouldn't be surprised if we find out the reason next episode (like people have already been hinting).
Old 2007-11-25, 09:33   Link #47
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Personally, I'm not interested in Margery's history, so it's difficult to like this episode. I'm not a big fan of flashbacks.
Old 2007-11-25, 10:02   Link #48
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
I've just been watching the subs, and the setting is the 1930s, not the 1920s. Margery stated that it happened after the Great Depression. So yeah, the Empire State Building was built at the time.
Old 2007-11-25, 10:09   Link #49
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Personally, I'm not interested in Margery's history, so it's difficult to like this episode. I'm not a big fan of flashbacks.
I don't mind as long as it adds some depth to her character. TBH i was hoping to find out more about the time she became a flame haze, but maybe this flash back is related to the silver armour. I'll just have to wait and see, but I bet its just going to be an excuse for her not to train her lackies.
Old 2007-11-25, 10:17   Link #50
Kristen
*Author

This episode gets an 8. Personally, I am not too interested in flashback sequences, unless it reveals everything about an entire series. For example, the Higurashi Matsurbiyashi-hen flashbacks worked, just like the Kanon flashbacks.
However, there have been 5 weeks of idiotic episodes with no plot or action, making this just a boring harem. So, this gets a high score by comparison. It's the first episode of the season to have a season 1 feel to it.
Old 2007-11-25, 11:13   Link #51
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
this flashback is obviously just filler but at least it's filler with action! seriously though i would rather have this than anymore of whatever it was we were getting a few eps back. i expect this show to start getting good around ep 12 *fingers crossed*
Old 2007-11-25, 11:20   Link #52
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzles View Post
this flashback is obviously just filler but at least it's filler with action! seriously though i would rather have this than anymore of whatever it was we were getting a few eps back. i expect this show to start getting good around ep 12 *fingers crossed*
It's not. It's from novel S. Sure, it has nothing to do with Shana herself, but it's novel material nonetheless.
Old 2007-11-25, 11:40   Link #53
Toreno
すごい!

I gave this episode an 8. I usually don't like flashbacks, but I like the setting and compared to the last 5 episodes this one was really good.
I hope they finish the Margery flashback next episode and get back to Shana action!
Old 2007-11-25, 12:12   Link #54
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Pheles is mentioned...

Is there going to be a Flame Haze named Faustus who would try to kill her?
Old 2007-11-25, 12:56   Link #55
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Wow, we get some actual history of one of the characters, and absolutely 0% screen time for Konoe.

Let's keep this up, please.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2007-11-25, 15:47   Link #56
MidoriHiME

It was nice to finally see some action, and you can tell we're finally getting back on track. The transition to this episode was REALLY painful though - I mean, episodes and episodes of fluffy filler and then all the sudden Marjory starts revealing her past out of nowhere. I mean, I know that one guy (forget his name) has made a few comments about trying to help Marjory, but it didn't really build up, so this episode really felt like it came out of nowhere. Still, like I said, it was nice to FINALLY get some action, so I hope episode 9 is even better.
Old 2007-11-25, 18:21   Link #57
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i sure dam hope Margery will play a significant role in the future for use to be wasting time looking at her life story

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-25, 18:23   Link #58
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I liked the action, that was good but the flashback was just painful, they should of used a better plot device then a simple flashback and it lasting more then half the ep just made telling Margery Daw's background forced. I though they could of integrated it a bit better.
Old 2007-11-25, 19:25   Link #59
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Oh please, it's alot more interesting than this bullshit love square they had going otherwise.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2007-11-25, 19:31   Link #60
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

and idiotic episode with little to no slice of life in it. I cannot believe they are returning to the old season 1 clichèd formula when they had done such a wonderful work with the first 5 episodes. The talking part was nice, but the lame action scenes compel me to take 6958490 points from this episode. So it gets a -6958488 mark.

[/sarcasm]

Now how do the action lovers felt with that? Stop just randomly dissing the previous episodes, there are people who like them as well you know ^_^ (me for example). Of course you are entitled to not liking them, but randomly throwing cuss works won't exactly help others appreciate your point.
Closed Thread