AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-02-08, 12:34   Link #61
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Madara wants the same thing, doesn't mean he's from the future. Plus he's dead already, no point in pursuing it anymore. His suffering already ended.
Madara never said "all futures would be irrelevant" and Tobi saying these words makes it sound like he's from the future but this is just a idea.

Edo Madara said mankind would be better off in the moon eye plan genjutsu so he's still pursuing the same plan as Tobi.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-02-09 at 04:57.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 12:39   Link #62
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

First few pages with Tobi in denial was great. The conveying process was also good. But after that it bored me, especially with that splash page and two pages after >.>

Spoiler for Sasuke:
Old 2012-02-08, 12:52   Link #63
Kallen4life

Kishi already giving Sauce advantages with the lightning storms for Kirin
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 12:53   Link #64
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Madara never said "all futures would be irrelevant" and Tobi saying these words makes it sound like he's from the future but this is just a theory.

Edo Madara said mankind would be better off in the moon eye plan genjutsu so he's still pursuing the same plan as Tobi.
He also mentions the past, doesn't mean he's from the past too. If he could time travel at all, then he could've easily just killed Minato when he was a kid and stopped all this resistance against him.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 13:16   Link #65
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
He also mentions the past, doesn't mean he's from the past too. If he could time travel at all, then he could've easily just killed Minato when he was a kid and stopped all this resistance against him.
This is just a idea but if Tobi did time travel then maybe he could only do it once which is why he didn't time travel to when Minato was a baby since he would be too old to make Sasuke fight Naruto as he said this chapter by having "Naruto stimulate Sasuke".

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-02-09 at 04:57.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 13:18   Link #66
christinemarie
Crazy One

It's like about a helpless Yusuke Urameshi (Naruto) against a formidable foe in Shinobu Sensui (Tobi), except this time it seems Naruto is not bluffing, although I still doubt he could utilize all those chakra that easily.

Base from the vibes I've got from this chapter, Naruto will die in the next few chapters at the hands of Sasuke, but still ends up successful as this would make Sasuke wake up from his senses at the end but it's a bit too late before realizing since Tobi is already waiting for the complete activation of the Jutsu, with Sakura sacrificing herself to revive Naruto using the revival forbidden jutsu.

Naruto and Hinata end seems possible now as I won't see Naruto not answer her feelings back.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 13:30   Link #67
Ero-Senn1n

There's too much hope and optimism now, that's a bad sign. Furthermore, Hinata even wants to hold hands with Naruto after this ends, that's another hint that something bad will happen soon. The alliance was winning too many battles, and they didn't lose any important named characters, not even older ones like the tsuchikage or raikage. We have finally seen Tobi having an emotional reaction, but also it was made clear that he has more to show. We know he has small portions of kyuubi and 8-tails chakra, so he will probably do something. Something very special that probably needs the original chakra of the 10-tails, which is the added chakra of all 9 demons. Ao tells that "i can feel something else", i think it's a hint that he felt the a glimpse of the 10-tails ultimate chakra which is even stronger than that of the 9-tails (other possibility is that he sensed Sasuke's evil chakra coming into the battle). But there is also hope for Naruto because the demons gave him part of their chakra, so he might have a bit of the 10-tails chakra to use against whatever Tobi does. I think Tobi not understanding the importance of knowing the tailed beast names is a hint that Naruto will surprise him soon.

I think that Tobi might use a partial moon tsukiyomi here, because the whole alliance will soon be in a small place, and if that small amount of 10-tails chakra is good only at a very limited range then he might want to control the area where the whole ninja alliance is, and turn them against Naruto or each other, or something similar.

Another hint might be Tobi's words about this war making all past and future existences irrelevant, this might mean that the whatever bad thing happens to the alliance or Naruto it will not matter in the long term. I mean even all 11 rookies and most of the alliance might end up dead, if in the end Naruto somehow uses the 10-tails chakra and using sage of 6 paths super-jutsu of creation (something beyond Izanagi) he simply reverses the death of the alliance people. So i think extreme things can happen with characters in the next chapters if Naruto will later have the ability to undo all that happened.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 13:32   Link #68
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Location: Shady spaces and dark places, where animals fear to tread. . .
This was a pretty "meh" chapter. . . Bringing Sasuke back in was a Bittersweet moment: Bitter because I really dislike Sasuke, and sweet because this is one step closer to Sasuke getting his butt handed to him.

Spoiler for Random Crazy Theory Time:

Anyway, just a random thought. I don't think there's too much credibility to it, and there are probably holes all in it. But, just wanted to put it out there.
Sharfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 14:26   Link #69
nines
I much prefer the 2d

^ Makes sense. But it's also kinda stupid because Naruto gained basically unlimited chakara and hes just typed in "Power Overwhelming" theres no way Sasuke just by getting his brothers eyes who he nearly died to would put him anywhere near Narutos level.
Old 2012-02-08, 14:52   Link #70
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, who here hopes the rain comes from Sasuke, and a few Kirin’s are about to be unleashed on the Alliance forces. One Kirin can destroy a mountain (or at least a large hill), so if Sasuke can send out a few Kirin’s, then the alliance will be f*cked all over again.
me =)

Quote:
Additionally, Sasuke is alluded to, once again, as being very important for Tobi's plans. Just why is Naruto and Sasuke's encounter so important Tobi?
my guess is that sasuke needs to fight naruto to gain rinnegan. similar to how madara may have had to fight hashirama to gain it.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 15:13   Link #71
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Tobi isn't from the future. He is a Futurist. He "thinks" he has everything figured out and is going to create a new future because the world needs to be saved. By his own hands. That is why he said all pasts and other futures will be irrelevant because of this war. If the Eye of the Moon Plan is to be believed, than in his mind, everyone living under a genjutsu controlled by him is better than a cycle of war and suffering.

Of course he didn't plan on Naruto being Jesus with the 12 Apostles about to show up. In fact it is pretty clear now from reading it again that Tobi was sensing Naruto's Will of Fire/Buddha Powers/Love/Determination/Talk No Justu. As he said, he is not sweating from his strength. What scares him is the power Naruto has over people. Including creepy stalker girls that want to hold his hand.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 15:25   Link #72
HelpeRX

Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
It's like about a helpless Yusuke Urameshi (Naruto) against a formidable foe in Shinobu Sensui (Tobi), except this time it seems Naruto is not bluffing, although I still doubt he could utilize all those chakra that easily.

Base from the vibes I've got from this chapter, Naruto will die in the next few chapters at the hands of Sasuke, but still ends up successful as this would make Sasuke wake up from his senses at the end but it's a bit too late before realizing since Tobi is already waiting for the complete activation of the Jutsu, with Sakura sacrificing herself to revive Naruto using the revival forbidden jutsu.

Naruto and Hinata end seems possible now as I won't see Naruto not answer her feelings back.
And when did sakura learn that forbidden jutsu? Chiyo used it and right after died she didnt even know about that jutsu before she started using it so I dont know how thats possible. Remember when sakura said I dont know who I will heal at the war either naruto or sasuke. I have a feeling just when sasuke is about to give the death blowing kill to naruto (even after all the powerup naruto has and how much I love him lol I feel like kishi is still gonna make sasuke stronger) sakura might come in between and lose her life? Or Sakura might be about to die but hinata steps in place and she dies... not sure I hope none of those two occurs but who knows.
HelpeRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 16:19   Link #73
Casshern

Or even better, maybe both of them step in and die together. Then Naruto and Sasuke live out the rest of their youth as bros and find good non-psychotic women to marry.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 17:38   Link #74
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, who here hopes the rain comes from Sasuke, and a few Kirin’s are about to be unleashed on the Alliance forces
It would be a good opportunity for kishi to show Sasuke's progress in comparrison to Nagato's. Massively destructive powers, Tobi's apprentice, supposed links to Gedo Mazo. Although it is abit backwards of kishi to show Madara's EMS evolve to rinnengan, then hype Sasuke's EMS as powerful. But the image of Sasuke throwing down a couple Kirin's gives me the tingles. Do it!
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 18:06   Link #75
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
In what way is Sakura a burden? In that, were she on the battlefield with Naruto, he'd have to protect her and she'd only hold him back? Because that applies to Hinata as well, so it's hardly a point against Sakura (or if it is, it's a point against Hinata as well).

I'm not Sakura's biggest fan (though I greatly prefer her to Hinata, if I was forced to decide which I liked more), but she's not really a 'bitch' as you put it. At least not anymore, if she ever was.
Well, she's certainly not a "bitch", but that half-assed confession of hers about 100 chapters back really made me dislike her. I mean, I already didn't really like her that much, since she never paid attention to Naruto's feelings and was too concerned with Sasuke, but that confession part was the final straw. That was a BIG insult to Naruto's feelings as well as her own, and I can understand why people(including myself) don't mind labeling her as one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpeRX View Post
Also when you really think about it are you going to say Hinata was there for Naruto? Naruto was always alone his whole life never had any friends or anything he even saved hinata but did she ever care to talk to him become his friend? Sakura acknowledged him way before Hinata even did. Just like 2 arcs again did Hinata really do much which was when helping naruto against pain. Naruto helped Hinata when she was young then again giving motivation Neji Vs Hinata. Got revenge for hinata against naruto vs Neji.
Hinata acknowledged Naruto before they even graduated from the academy. She was the first person to acknowledge him actually, while Sakura and Ino were on a Sasuke craze =0/. You say Hinata didn't really do much, but I think her practically giving her life to fight Pain for Naruto speaks volumes about how much she cares for him. Sakura may have helped Naruto on missions and such, but she's never put herself in the position of helping Naruto KNOWING(this word is important) that she would most likely be killed with 0% chance of success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Naruto trying to save Sasuke for so long would have be pointless if Sasuke dies and our time would have been wasted watching Naruto chase after Sasuke if he never ends up saving him like he said he would.

Redemption through death won't allow Sasuke to make up for his actions and it would be more original if Sasuke becomes a wanderer rather then having a Darth Vader death.
Hmmm, I agree that Sasuke can't be redeemed if he dies and, in that sense, I could see him surviving all of this. Still, I don't believe that he will reform before it's all too late. This isn't like the Kurama/Naruto relationship, where they have time to come to an understanding with one another. The ONLY way I see him even REMOTELY surviving is if whomever the final boss of Naruto(whether it's Tobi, Madara, or Orokabuto, or someone other than Sasuke himself) makes Sasuke and Naruto team up, and Sasuke appears to be dead but actually survives in the end.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 18:12   Link #76
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Spoiler for Sasuke:
lol, that's why we haven't seen him for a long time

When was the last time that he appeared? I don't remember
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 19:06   Link #77
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
The ONLY way I see him even REMOTELY surviving is if whomever the final boss of Naruto(whether it's Tobi, Madara, or Orokabuto, or someone other than Sasuke himself) makes Sasuke and Naruto team up, and Sasuke appears to be dead but actually survives in the end.
I think I remember an interview with Kishi where he states that he intended Naruto vs Sasuke to be the final battle. So if he's still dead set on ending Naruto that way, then (at the risk of repeating this sentiment on this board) I'd love it if Naruto ended the battle with the original rasenshuriken. Because as much as I hate Sasuke, I don't think he should die. I'm almost starting to believe that death may end up being too good for him. With that said, I don't think he should be in any condition to continue his life as a shinobi either. He needs to pay for his misdeeds and I wouldn't mind him having to endure some humility in the process. And I can't think of a better way to start than by castrating him of everything that makes him one of the most OP ninja's in this series. If Kishi ends this manga by destroying Sasuke's chakra circulatory system, I'll be thoroughly pleased...(even if I don't get my NaruHina ending).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 19:11   Link #78
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I think I remember an interview with Kishi where he states that he intended Naruto vs Sasuke to be the final battle. So if he's still dead set on ending Naruto that way, then (at the risk of repeating this sentiment on this board) I'd love it if Naruto ended the battle with the original rasenshuriken. Because as much as I hate Sasuke, I don't think he should die. I'm almost starting to believe that death may end up being too good for him. With that said, I don't think he should be in any condition to continue his life as a shinobi either. He needs to pay for his misdeeds and I wouldn't mind him having to endure some humility in the process. And I can't think of a better way to start than by castrating him of everything that makes him one of the most OP ninja's in this series. If Kishi ends this manga by destroying Sasuke's chakra circulatory system, I'll be thoroughly pleased...(even if I don't get my NaruHina ending).
Don't worry you'll get it!

Anyway, the Sakura fans are scaring me, now they want Naruto dead This series is about hope through darkness, and all that good stuff. Naruto or Sasuke being a Martyr defeats the theme of the series.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 19:12   Link #79
HelpeRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Well I think Sasuke will pay in the end by losing his eyesight. He will probably live a life where Sakura will probably take care of him...... Since i doubt my naruxsakura is going to happen.
HelpeRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 19:13   Link #80
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

Well if the theme of this series is anything to go by, it is very likely that Naruto may accomplish all of his major goals (or at least most of it). The whole theme of the entire sereis up till now is the young generation accomplishing what the previous couldn't. And the overwhelming amount of forshadowing and the fact that the main 3 have been played up to resemble the legendary senins, and the fact that Naruto has been played up to overtake Jiraiya (mastering Sage mode, defeating Pain), the 4th (completing Rasengan, numerous scenes of him resembling the 4th, Kakashi mistaking him for the 4th), and now he's being played up to even be the successor of the sage of six paths, I'm pretty sure whatever the previous gen failed at, it's implied that the new gen would accomplish.

That pretty much means that Naruto will indeed NOT die (like Jiraiya and the 4th), able to save Sasuke (whether Sasuke dies or not in that process is still debatable), and potentially getting Sakura (Sakura herself is a mirror of Tsunade, who didn't realize she loved Jiraiya until he died). and naruto doesn't seem like a character that would die permanently, afterall, it's probably not his Ninja way.

One possible theory or outcome I see is, Naruto actually dying against a boss char (though not permanently of course) while teamed up with Sasuke, and Sasuke reviving naruto through his own life force (thus saving himself and sacrificing himself) and revives Naruto (just a theory, the details are up in the air so don't ask how Sasuke can do such a jutsu). That can also play into naruto succeeding the Sage, since the Sage controlled the tailed beasts AND had Rinnegan, which is split between Naruto and Sasuke (assuming Sasuke cheaply unlocks Rinnegan somehow), it would make sense somehow Sasuke's Rinnegan powers in his chakra transfered to Naruto to revive him would take some form in naruto himself, thus making him the complete Sage. Just my two cents.
Legend Ver 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
naruto, weekly spoiler discussion