Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-07, 16:27   Link #41
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Yeah, but the Stained glass and her clothes are catholic as hell, and as say that is the trope, they thing both are exchangeable but they're not.
Stained glass/art glass doesn't necessarily mean that the institution is Christian-based as the religion is worshipping someone else. Even mosques have stained glass windows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stained_glass
Old 2019-07-07, 16:33   Link #42
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I mean yeah some mosques do have stained glass but they don't depict figures. That's a distinctly Christian thing. The art of the stained glass featured in the anime is clearly Christian based. I don't know why we're splitting hairs about this.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 16:52   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The imagery's pretty christian. The doctrine isn't.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 17:54   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

My point was more that nuns are a perfectly normal thing in Japanese religion, so it’s not as if Japanese people equate them with some sort of shaman or even a miko. They know all about nuns and what they do.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 17:58   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder if Iris' prayers have some power or if she's just there to basically give the Incarnates their last rites.

Oh and it's a very minor thing but I found it a bit odd that the factory manager was referred to as "factory manager" rather than his name and his wife was "the factory manager's wife". I wonder if the author simply couldn't be bothered to come up with names or if the firefighters intentionally don't use names to detach themselves from the victims, since they basically have to kill them.
Old 2019-07-08, 03:30   Link #46
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Iris route pliz~
Maki is only acceptable end.
Old 2019-07-08, 08:05   Link #47
magnuskn

So, Twin Star Exorcists with magical firemen. Pass.
Old 2019-07-08, 08:56   Link #48
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Maki is only acceptable end.
Iris end pliz
Since the ED song is of Iris, she should be the main heroine?

Oh btw, I found a more appropriate title for this anime
Aka no Exorcist
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 11:08   Link #49
rpgman1

Reminds me of Ao no Exorcist. Might give it a few more episodes before I decide whether to continue watching or not. MC branded a demon even though he wasn't the one who committed the arson.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 12:03   Link #50
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Iris end pliz
Since the ED song is of Iris, she should be the main heroine?

Oh btw, I found a more appropriate title for this anime
Aka no Exorcist
So he will be friendzoned by the nun?
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 12:04   Link #51
bakato

The nun is the hottest girl in the cast. Amazing her appeal is inversely proportional to her skin exposure. I attribute it to the slight plumpness of her face in the op.
Old 2019-07-08, 12:38   Link #52
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
So he will be friendzoned by the nun?
For some reason I feel the nun is into the captain.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 14:17   Link #53
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
For some reason I feel the nun is into the captain.
So that is a yes?
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 14:18   Link #54
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
The nun is the hottest girl in the cast. Amazing her appeal is inversely proportional to her skin exposure. I attribute it to the slight plumpness of her face in the op.
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure they showed just as much of her skin this episode as they did with the other girl. At least if you include the ED.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 15:00   Link #55
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Please, she clearly doesn't even lift. No way she's hot.
Old 2019-07-08, 15:23   Link #56
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure they showed just as much of her skin this episode as they did with the other girl. At least if you include the ED.
Just from her regular nun outfit.

Quote:
Please, she clearly doesn't even lift. No way she's hot.
You don't need fat or nudity to be hot. She's really cashing in on the appeal of the nun.
Old 2019-07-08, 16:29   Link #57
Tenzen12

I don't need fat either (not that I mind), but what is "nun appeal" you speak of? Only think that come to mind is "corrupt the pure" fetish, but I think that kind appeal is better for ehm... different kind of show.

Maki doesn't have any fat either (she probably has even less all considered), but did you see that body?

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2019-07-08 at 16:39.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 16:57   Link #58
Twi

I think its the innocence appeal, the "too sacred for this world" part that makes you want to pat and protect them. Like Priestess from Goblin Slayer. The "defile the pure" thing is better suited for, as some would put it, "off-brand anime".

I don't particularly care for romance either way, so it doesn't matter to me. More so when you consider only two of the girls have been introduced when the opening makes it clear more will arrive, igniting the flames of the shipping wars.
Old 2019-07-08, 17:11   Link #59
Tenzen12

I am pretty sure even if you put that into spoiler tag it still against rules. I personally don't care but you might get warning or ban if you don't edit that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I think its the innocence appeal, the "too sacred for this world" part that makes you want to pat and protect them. Like Priestess from Goblin Slayer. The "defile the pure" thing is better suited for, as some would put it, "off-brand anime".

I don't particularly care for romance either way, so it doesn't matter to me. More so when you consider only two of the girls have been introduced when the opening makes it clear more will arrive, igniting the flames of the shipping wars.

Honestly I don't understand that concept. Naivety is something that needs to be grow out of, not to be protected. And "purity" is just brand of naivety in most cases as far as I am concerned.

I will be probably unable understand anyway, but why is that popular trait? I genuinely wonder.

PS: GS priestess is especially in need to stop be pandered by gods and grow some balls instead. Leave the GS party and get lead her own (for longer then week anyway). Learn about world, about real adventuring instead just sticking with her saviour.
Old 2019-07-08, 19:10   Link #60
bakato

*mod snip*

Quote:
Honestly I don't understand that concept. Naivety is something that needs to be grow out of, not to be protected. And "purity" is just brand of naivety in most cases as far as I am concerned.

I will be probably unable understand anyway, but why is that popular trait? I genuinely wonder.

PS: GS priestess is especially in need to stop be pandered by gods and grow some balls instead. Leave the GS party and get lead her own (for longer then week anyway). Learn about world, about real adventuring instead just sticking with her saviour.
Purity starts from naivete, but it doesn't always die with it. Maintaining one's purity of heart in spite of the cold, dark world is a kind of strength. For Iris, its a level-headed girl that doesn't get flustered at the mere mention of sexual matters like 90% of heroines.

The gods of GS don't pander anyone and her decision to stay with GS is roof of her inner strength, which has only grown under his tutelage.

Last edited by LKK; 2019-07-08 at 21:25. Reason: removed spoiler quote
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanservice, fantasy, firefighting, shonen