AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-03, 23:27   Link #181
pomps
グ~…

It's kinda she's so suprised the song got to no.2 that she doesn't really feel it right. So yes, maybe she's just showing humility and modesty.
Old 2007-06-05, 22:31   Link #182
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

In its second week on the charts, Motteke Seeraafuku continues its amazing sales. It is in sixth place this week, with sales of almost 30,000 units, making a two-week total of 95,667 sold.

This is remarkable, considering that the high-selling Happy Materials, from the first Negima series, only had sales of 51,809 after two weeks, and Hare Hare Yukai, the Suzumiya Haruhi ED, had a total of 47,586 -- less than half what Motteke has sold.

By the way, the little video featured in the middle of the Oricon main page this week is the new single by Chihara Minori (Yuki in Suzumiya Haruhi). Click on it to view the whole song in a larger viewer window.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-06-06, 16:33   Link #183
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
In its second week on the charts, Motteke Seeraafuku continues its amazing sales. It is in sixth place this week, with sales of almost 30,000 units, making a two-week total of 95,667 sold.
Impressive. Things seem to be working out for it. 29,760 to be exact. It seems to have vanished from the Top 20, unless it's lingering in slot 21 waiting to pop back up again.

Quote:
This is remarkable, considering that the high-selling Happy Materials, from the first Negima series, only had sales of 51,809 after two weeks, and Hare Hare Yukai, the Suzumiya Haruhi ED, had a total of 47,586 -- less than half what Motteke has sold.
Wasn't Haruhi underprepared? They actually bothered to prepere for this one, they new it would fly off the shelves this time. In this case Hare Hare Yukai almost seems like a test and Sailor Fuku is the real deal. It pays to be prepared for an onslaught of customers. This gentleman still thinks neither are particularly outstanding songs, however he doesn't mind listening to them from episode to episode.

Quote:
By the way, the little video featured in the middle of the Oricon main page this week is the new single by Chihara Minori (Yuki in Suzumiya Haruhi). Click on it to view the whole song in a larger viewer window.
hahaha.....no.

On a lighter note this is my first post since receiving my degree in paper form. I'm so relieved the pressures of school are finally beyond me and I have something to show for it. My mother says its a $20,000 piece of paper.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:01   Link #184
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Your degree is actually a lot less light than the other things we talk of here. Congratulations!

I did click on Chihara Minori's PV. Not my style, to put it one way. I've enjoyed her singing more in other pieces.

Motteke was in sixth place for the past week. It was in ninth place on Monday's daily chart, but slipped out of the top twenty for Tuesday, the day fourteen of that day's top twenty songs were released. We'll see if the new releases sink below it in the days to come.

I will hardly claim it is great music, but it is a charming novelty piece, and quite infectious. It's one of the few OPs that I watch every time I watch an episode, but because of the combination of animation and music, not for the music alone.

Actually, the best music I've heard recently was six guys from two semi-pro bands playing at a party in someone's barn. There's so much good music around, but it's not always on the charts, and not always that easy to find.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-06-07 at 07:51.
Old 2007-06-15, 07:54   Link #185
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Motteke is down to #14 in this week's chart. Not bad, still, with 10,000 units sold, so over 100,000 sold in the first three weeks. In Thursday's daily ranking, it's at #18, up from below #20 the day before.

Chihara Minori's single started at #20 in its first week.
Old 2007-06-15, 19:46   Link #186
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Behold the power of the otaku, lol. I do wonder if the CD with all the EDs is gonna do as well as this.

Totally OT, but how did Ishikawa Chiaki's Bokurano OP/ED single do? Just curious, since IMO it's the best piece of music I heard this season.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-06-16, 00:39   Link #187
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
The line "Education! Love is ABC!" is extremely dirty (and thus very Kona-chan) in this context.

Heck, it's dirty is just about any context.
i thought its from that song? ABC .. easy as one two three bla bla bla something you and me bla bla ... i forgot the name =P. but there's one part they said love is easy like ABC so i thought they took it from there
Old 2007-06-16, 20:00   Link #188
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
...Totally OT, but how did Ishikawa Chiaki's Bokurano OP/ED single do? Just curious, since IMO it's the best piece of music I heard this season.
It started on Tuesday at 11 and has moved down a slot or two each day until it was at 19 on Friday's chart. Its first weekly chart will show up in 3-4 days. I'm not totally sold on the Bokurano OP, but I think Ishikawa Chiaki is great. The PV is around.
Old 2007-06-16, 21:24   Link #189
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Behold the power of the otaku, lol. I do wonder if the CD with all the EDs is gonna do as well as this.

Totally OT, but how did Ishikawa Chiaki's Bokurano OP/ED single do? Just curious, since IMO it's the best piece of music I heard this season.
Yeah Really. It's got all the support in the world behind it. On top of that, behold the power of the popular Idol Seiyuu singing the song, I don't think that hurts.

I know I've said this already, but I think a lot of the songs success owed itself in no smart part to popular association, and it had to do with the image of the song more than it's content (overall that is). There's good sales and then there's "Support Our Troops/Idol" mass rally sales of the L'Arc En Ciel, Nana Mizuki, those groups that always debut in the top spot on name alone etc. variety. I think the latter happened for the most part in this case. It's always been that way. Sailor Fuku had a one (Singer), two (Censored), three (Invocation of A Certain Other Similar Song) punch behind it in terms of reasons to buy it on top of being a decent piece of work, albeit one I think gets old rather quickly. And yes I'll admit I'm not terribly fond of the song (it's lost its lustre with me fairly quickly), but I've tried to leave that out of my analysis as best I can. I'm going to try to be more straightforward from now on, in a good way. Mine is just one persons thoughts anyway.

By the way Uninstall seems to be getting better reviews, but lower sales. It does not seem to have that Mass Support that some songs get. I think it has a 1 hit punch overall in the singer. Who cares though, since when have sales ever been the perfect indication of how people will enjoy a song anyway. I too happen to prefer Uninstall to Sailor Fuku overall. I like that Oricon doesn't just settle for numbers, but gives you some qualitive info to go on for the song to.

Anyway..... *Goes back to listening to Howling*
Old 2007-06-21, 16:53   Link #190
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
Anyone care to romanize/translate these tracks names? They're from the special CD that comes with the LE of Lucky Star DVD 1. I have trouble with the kanji in particular.

Old 2007-06-21, 17:40   Link #191
pomps
グ~…

1. Funfunfun dayo
2. Ranranran dayo
3. Unchiku dayo
4. Konata no theme, futsu version
5. Kouken battle, akatsuki ganbatta
6. Anime dai 1 kai housoubun no ato ni...
7. Producer kara no shirei sono 1
8. Iiwake no tensai
9. Anime dai 2 kai housoubun no ato ni...
10. Producer kara no shirei sono 2
11. Moshimo DE Lucky Channel
Old 2007-06-21, 18:02   Link #192
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomps View Post
1. Funfunfun dayo
2. Ranranran dayo
3. Unchiku dayo
4. Konata no theme, futsu version
5. Kouken battle, akatsuki ganbatta
6. Anime dai 1 kai housoubun no ato ni...
7. Producer kara no shirei sono 1
8. Iiwake no tensai
9. Anime dai 2 kai housoubun no ato ni...
10. Producer kara no shirei sono 2
11. Moshimo DE Lucky Channel
Much thanks! ^^
Old 2007-06-22, 06:21   Link #193
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Finally, Lucky Star BGM CD 01!

I love all five tracks --- the ones we've been hearing since the first. Its also pretty nifty to receive a page telling you when each track was first played.

Kousaki Satoru. <3
Old 2007-06-22, 06:58   Link #194
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Kousaki Satoru. <3
Yeah he wins for being the most efficient composer I know on the scene. His music IMO uses the right amount of subtlety in order not to obscure what's actually onscreen, no more, no less. And yet his themes that do require bombasticity, speed or otherwise impact convey it with ease.

A master of complimentary BGM, I'd say. I wonder if he took classes from Sagisu Shirou.

I'd say its a gift that his OSTs aren't meant to be listened to standalone.

Konata's theme FTW. Looking forward to the other versions too.
Old 2007-06-22, 07:28   Link #195
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
I'd say its a gift that his OSTs aren't meant to be listened to standalone.
& here i am, listening to his work standalone, & have been doing for a good amount of time now.
Old 2007-06-22, 07:54   Link #196
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

I don't know any of his other work (other than Haruhi... and I don't have any of those soundtracks given the crazy nature of them) but this is nice. Simple yet elegant. I like it a lot.
Old 2007-06-22, 09:10   Link #197
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& here i am, listening to his work standalone, & have been doing for a good amount of time now.
I wish I could, but when I actually do, I can't seem to get the music's respective scenes out of my head.

Track 1 in particular, keeps reminding me of Konata going 'Ittehoshii~no? :3' (ep8).

Well actually that whole sequence with the hallway chat
Old 2007-06-22, 09:12   Link #198
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I have been listening to his other works, like some stuff from Tekken 5 & Suzumiya Haruhi.
Old 2007-06-22, 09:19   Link #199
Ottocycle

Well I haven't listened to his Tekken 5 music, not having played the game. I think Suzumiya Haruhi's music(or at least, just the day-to-day life tracks) also had that melodious, yet minimalist stamp of his inked all over.

Itsumo no Fuukei my best case in point. I love it, and it still stands as his best track for me.
Old 2007-06-22, 10:19   Link #200
Noppapana
&gt; Haruhiist &lt;

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
i was expecting that the LS crew will be on the CD but i was wrong
its only shiraishi-kun and akira-san
Closed Thread