AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-11-07, 11:33   Link #321
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
I hope you're not pressing the space-bar? Press numpad 0 for a ram preview (that plays video and audio, after it has rendered it, in realtime), or press the dot (.) for audio (equal to spacebar.. but instead of video, it'll try playing the audio up to realtime)

Try that first.. if that doesnt work, maybe check the sound icon for the layer, otherwise.. i can't help you either
what i found out about it is that the osund doesnt play in the workspace, but that it does come up when you render the project.. very weird...
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 16:52   Link #322
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

What's the point in asking a question if you're not going to read the answer ?
Old 2007-11-08, 07:48   Link #323
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjipierre View Post
What's the point in asking a question if you're not going to read the answer ?
i wasnt doing any of those things, you dont have to act all rude all of a sudden
i tried the above things and i just added some information!
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 05:44   Link #324
Branduil
Typesetter
*Fansubber

If, for some reason, you have to change the framerate of a composition, is there any way to force the keyframes to align to the new framerate? As it is, when you change the composition settings, keyframes will get stuck between frames and you'll end up with instances of signs being partially transparent for one frame when they shouldn't be.
Branduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 06:22   Link #325
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Can't you try making a new composition the right framerate and put the old one in there.. then you can change how it will make the new 'keyframe values'. And i think i already described something like that here lolz :P /me goes look it up

EDIT:
and here it is

Do you by chance mean rounding the keyframes to the nearest frame? Maybe you can look in the help if there's something like that
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 06:51   Link #326
Branduil
Typesetter
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
Can't you try making a new composition the right framerate and put the old one in there.. then you can change how it will make the new 'keyframe values'. And i think i already described something like that here lolz :P /me goes look it up

EDIT:
and here it is

Do you by chance mean rounding the keyframes to the nearest frame? Maybe you can look in the help if there's something like that
Yes, that's what I meant. Your old post is not applicable to my problem because I have to change the keyframes for text layers.
Branduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 07:36   Link #327
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Nope.. there's nothing in AE that can shift them for you.. you'd have to write a script i guess.. what you can do however is just set the keyframes to Hold keyframes... maybe that'll work out for ya.. in the end.. changing framerate is always bad because there will always be some information lost/changed/shifted backwards/shifted forwards you don't want to.
Old 2007-11-14, 05:38   Link #328
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

well yeah, you can really shift them, maybe someone did a script for that in aenhancers, though...

But, there's a way to get rid of that... keep working on the composition with the wrong framerate, precompose it, click on the "*" attribute and change the framerate of that cmposition.

Well, I don't think a lot of people will understand what I mean ^^
Old 2007-11-14, 13:31   Link #329
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

I think you mean collapsing.. but that doesnt solve the problem of not rounding keyframes to the nearest frame. It's even considered an advantage most of the time that after effects thinks in time, and not in frames.
Old 2007-11-29, 19:45   Link #330
ultimaweapon

Hello,

I just want 2 know how to make a clip speciality at the karaoke of animes with after effects program? (with overlua code or Else >>>give me tuts.

I know that Everyone know that the clip speciality founded at the aegisub>>>

the most important is to answer my question>>>>I'm just waiting for u>>>>H rry U^P^
ultimaweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 19:48   Link #331
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimaweapon View Post
Hello,

I just want 2 know how to make a clip speciality at the karaoke of animes with after effects program? (with overlua code or Else >>>give me tuts.

I know that Everyone know that the clip speciality founded at the aegisub>>>

the most important is to answer my question>>>>I'm just waiting for u>>>>H rry U^P^
Uhm... Sorry to say this, but what are you actually asking?

(You're not making any sense to me)
Old 2007-11-30, 13:58   Link #332
jfs
Aegisub dev

After Effects does not use ASS subtitles at all, although there is Shinjipierres script for importing karaoke timing from them. I don't know how that works though... actually I don't know too much about it at all so don't take anything I say for truth.

Aegisub is an ASS subtitle editor. It doesn't actually render anything, but for karaoke there is the Automation system that allows you to generate massive effects.

OverLua is yet another completely separate system. It doesn't have any such thing as a native data format, although it (as far as I know) has only been used with ASS files so far: The idea in OverLua is that you write a program (script) that renders whatever, usually karaoke effect.

The approaches used in the three are widely different.
After Effects is mainly targeted towards direct freeform visual manipulation. It supports some extensive scripting that can eg. automate generating effects for multiple objects.
Generating ASS karaoke is basically generating a kind of rendering list: A list of objects, descriptions of how they look and how they animate. That's what Aegisub's Automation does.
OverLua is direct rendering: You write program code that draws directly onto the video frames. You can use a large number of approaches to actually doing that. ("If you don't already know how to use it, don't bother trying at all.")

I think your question is how to do effects like what can be done using \clip in ASS. You're taking the wrong approach to the problem.
First, pick a tool. Then, knowing the boundaries of what can you can reasonably do with that tool, pick an effect you want to do. Finally, using the appropriate techniques for the tool of your choice, make the effect.
The use of \clip in ASS is a technique, ASS is the tool. You seem to be approaching the problem backwards and thus end up in a corner with no way out.

If you're thinking of doing a specific kind of effect, and you seem to have picked After Effects as your tool, then give a description of what the effect you want to make should look like (or give an example) and then someone can perhaps help you how to approach the problem.
Remember, a description of how an effect looks does not include words like "layer", "clip" or "mask", those are technical implementation-details.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 08:03   Link #333
mad_cracker
AFX ADDiCT
*Fansubber

Hi ppl. Question: Is there any way to convert the video in 3D with AFX so we can watch with 3D glasses? I've heard that we have to separate colors and stuff like that.
Thanks

::AFX ADDiCT::.
mad_cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 11:47   Link #334
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

take a look here (google is your friend) or is that the reverse of what you want? Afaik you do always need to make 2 video's (left eye.. right eye).. or you should somehow trick one video to make another.. donno how to do that though
Old 2007-12-10, 11:56   Link #335
jfs
Aegisub dev

You can't magically extract depth information from a flat image. Unless you have some original data to re-render the video from such that you can get a left eye and right eye picture (which have slightly offset cameras) you can't create a 3D video from a 2D one.
You're trying to obtain information you don't have/that doesn't exist, this can be related to the second law of thermodynamics.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 13:43   Link #336
mad_cracker
AFX ADDiCT
*Fansubber

I see. I'll do some research and grab some information. Thanks dj_tjerk for the site
and thanks jfs for waking me up to reality.

::AFX ADDiCT::.
mad_cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 05:30   Link #337
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

Well, jfs is right and false at the same time...

The fact is.. we can recreate the 3d of a 2d image... It's often used in movies and such, it's called camera mapping.

Well, and the thing you're trying to do is a stereoscopic rendering.

It may be possible to create depending on the video and the time you wish to spend... because you would have to 3d track the whole video with programs such a boujou, pftrack, matchmover... and use a stereoscopic renderer in a 3d application like 3dsmax or maya...

But well, this is an animesuki post, I don't think this is the answer you wanted ^^.
Old 2007-12-14, 09:32   Link #338
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

I have this weird problem. I have a moving sign I want to make, so I make it in Photoshop and then get the layers to AFX as footage, so that all the signs move together.

So I only define a starting and ending keyframe and the movement is on the y-axis, so the only values that change are on the y-axis - the x-axis stays the same in both keyframes.

The weird thing is that when I preview / export the video, I see that the signs move slightly on the x-axis as well (imagine a boat, little left, little right and so forth). I have also tried to insert the Photoshop as layers, but the same thing happens again.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
raziel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 20:21   Link #339
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Never saw that happening before.. you're sure it's not some result of interlacing or fieldblending of the original footage? And how much is a little.. one pixel.. 10 pixels..

Also.. i'd be nice if i could see your .aep / photoshop (doubt your photoshop has anything to do with it.. though it's possible to import multiple frames with one psd and do weird stuff with that). files.. Then i (or someone else experienced) could see what's there and what happens.

quite slow on posting.. so if you already fixed it.. ignore plz
Old 2007-12-16, 12:39   Link #340
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

Haven't figured out what's going on yet. I tried to make the rar file as small as possible (since I use lossless video pieces for the typeset).

So here's the link for anyone caring to take a look. Thanks in advance.
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
raziel666 is offline   Reply With Quote