AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-06, 08:18   Link #2361
jdennis007

But if the enemy does not know that the gun does not work it can still be used.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 08:21   Link #2362
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

http://twitter.com/garupan/status/276650983591911425
http://twitter.com/garupan/status/276651299498520576

Supposedly, the OST coming out December 26th will not only have the Ankou Song, it will also have KATYUSHA

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 09:14   Link #2363
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
...if it has a working gun is not... it worth's abandoning.... It'll be a burden to protect a tank that can't even protect it self.
Other tanks don't need to protect it, use it to protect other tanks.

For example: M3 Lee's large body is very good to use as a wall to protect other tank from enemy's fire. (and by the rules, other team cannot shoot at it after the white flag has risen)
Old 2012-12-06, 09:44   Link #2364
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
St. Gloriana
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Card Deck

Images
Chuuni

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 09:48   Link #2365
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Supposedly, the OST coming out December 26th will not only have the Ankou Song, it will also have KATYUSHA
Well it's good that I ordered it then.

Tank corpses as cover: Yep, welcome to World of Tanks.

A rules consideration: Crews have obviously dismounted while the event is "on." (The Pravda spotters, Mako to drive the B1). It looks like most of the StuG's track was left outside the church. Humans cannot be deliberately shot at, but then what do you do if you see dismounted crew roaming the playing field to do things?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 09:51   Link #2366
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
A rules consideration: Crews have obviously dismounted while the event is "on." (The Pravda spotters, Mako to drive the B1). It looks like most of the StuG's track was left outside the church. Humans cannot be deliberately shot at, but then what do you do if you see dismounted crew roaming the playing field to do things?
Ignore them. You can't shoot at them, so you don't. If they're dismounted in the middle of an actual firefight they're stupid (looking at you, first-years!), but try not to shoot them.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 10:19   Link #2367
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Hmm, so I noticed some versions of Episode 8 do not come with the now infamous Katusha... I wonder why that is.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 10:23   Link #2368
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Hmm, so I noticed some versions of Episode 8 do not come with the now infamous Katusha... I wonder why that is.

- Tak
Because it's apparently licensed (though HOW boggles the mind). If you remember Strike Witches, a look through the TV-air version and the US localized version should show you that something similar happened, except with Lili Marlene, which got replaced with something else entirely due to copyright stuff.
Old 2012-12-06, 10:29   Link #2369
Tak

Yes, it does boggle my mind. How can you copyright a folk song again? Thats like Macross without music... I cannot even begin to imagine.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-06, 10:33   Link #2370
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Because it's apparently licensed (though HOW boggles the mind). If you remember Strike Witches, a look through the TV-air version and the US localized version should show you that something similar happened, except with Lili Marlene, which got replaced with something else entirely due to copyright stuff.
Where did you hear that that was the case with Katyusha? I haven't seen any official statements from anyone about it, just lots of discussion from viewers, rage, and some speculation.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 10:34   Link #2371
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
What did those versions come with? A Quiet scene?
Old 2012-12-06, 10:40   Link #2372
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
What did those versions come with? A Quiet scene?
The CR version cuts out after Katyusha threatens banishing a member of her squad if they get knocked out, and Nonna rebuts her that all it really means is extra lessons. The next scene, rather than the song, is the Pravda girls scouting Ooarai's tanks as they pass.
Old 2012-12-06, 10:41   Link #2373
Tak

Quote:
The CR version cuts out after Katyusha threatens banishing a member of her squad that gets knocked out, and Nonna rebuts her. The next scene is the Pravda girls scouting Ooarai's tanks as they pass.
Yeah, so we didn't even see a fleet of Soviet tanks marching in unison.

Quite a shame.

- Tak

Old 2012-12-06, 10:45   Link #2374
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

http://www.quora.com/Can-the-Russian...d-by-copyright

Had one of the folk on Twitter ask, and apparently... Nope, can't use Katyusha in the US!

Quote:
Matt Levy, IP litigator
Assuming you’re asking about U.S. copyright, the song was probably not originally covered by U.S. copyright, because the Soviet Union and the U.S. had no treaty regarding copyright until the 70′s, and I’m assuming there was no copyright registration or publication with proper notice in 1938. Under the Uruguay Rounds Agreement Act, which took effect in the early 90′s, any Russian song that would have been covered by copyright but for the failure to follow U.S. formalities had the copyright restored. (See 17 U.S.C. 104A.)

The constitutionality of that provision is currently being considered by the U.S. Supreme Court in Golan v. Holder. A decision is expected this Spring.

The short answer is that it’s probably currently protected by copyright. I have no idea who the current copyright owner is or what licensing arrangements the owner makes.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-12-06 at 10:56.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 11:01   Link #2375
Gravitas Free Zone

Hmm. So if Sentai does a disk release here it'll probably be short the entire scene. They probably don't have the resources to dub another song over it.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 11:04   Link #2376
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, at least it's not Crunchy's fault.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 11:09   Link #2377
Znail

Quote:
http://www.quora.com/Can-the-Russian...d-by-copyright

Had one of the folk on Twitter ask, and apparently... Nope, can't use Katyusha in the US!
That is so weird. Wouldn't that also involve the Tchaikovsky background music as well then? Or is is simply the number of years he have been dead compared to the mere few decades for the authors of Katyusha? It's also a bit amusing with US being the only country where this specific copyright is enforced.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 11:19   Link #2378
Marina2

Offical site updates Character page (added Sodoko team) and Mechanic page (Added Saunder's tanks)

By the way, they list the full name of all members of Sodoko's team. Can someone read them for me???

・園 みどり子(そど子)
・後藤 モヨ子(ゴモヨ)
・金春 希美 (パゾ美)
Old 2012-12-06, 11:22   Link #2379
Midonin
Last Engage

I'm more surprised they're all different people. I thought it was Sodoko and her other two previously unmentioned triplets. This is what happens when you recruit background characters.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 11:30   Link #2380
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Happy Onee-chan
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks