AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-31, 09:30   Link #4221
Wegenbarth

Is the yearly comiket already? :3
Old 2012-12-31, 11:32   Link #4222
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Considering that that's already January 1st on Japan, the Comiket is already over (it's held on December 29th, 30th and 31th). And how is this related to this thread? Anything possibly new regarding Ougon would be announced long before the Comiket.
Old 2013-01-01, 17:56   Link #4223
Wegenbarth

I was hoping for a new patch/content, that's why I asked.
Old 2013-01-01, 21:12   Link #4224
K.Alm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriko 556 View Post
His strategy is simple, as you can see, but it's impossible for me to break throught it without him commit a mistake.

You guys who are muuuuuch more experienced than me... How I defeat his BatBea with my JesSha? Answer: It's impossible. Go get another team.
Another tidbit that might help is to learn the distances at which the A, B, and C versions of Shannon's 236 series appear. That is, you want to position yourself so that the mirrors appear right on top of the opponent. 236c in particular is great for sniping at people who sit back and wait for you to approach. And each time a mirror hits, you can create another one underneath them as a trap that will hit if they choose to recover in the air.

Once they decide to approach after getting frustrated by the above, you can make their approach tough with birds and mirrors. The 22 series can be used as a quick anti-air for knockdown.

Also, I'm not sure about Battler's non-SP/meta projectiles, but Beato's non-SP stakes can be airblocked. Be particularly careful about jumping for no reason when he has SP. Dashing in is also somewhat risky as you may not be able to stop and block projectiles in time, but simply walking forward and reacting to projectiles can be a safe way to close in. Shannon may be the better character to have on point for this, as she can use the mirror shenanigans previously described once she walks into the right distances.

There were a couple times early in the match where your jump-in timing over a projectile was good, but you didn't come down on him with an air-to-ground attack. Getting familiar with such air normals (e.g. j.9c for both) and converting into a ground combo off it will help maximize your damage once you're in.

Last edited by K.Alm; 2013-01-02 at 11:50. Reason: more on jumping
Old 2013-01-05, 06:56   Link #4225
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall

I've nicknamed this pair 'Team Fruit Loops.' If you can figure out why, then you earn yourself an internet cookie.

Off to go be sad attempting to learn more characters to do this with Hopefully my next team won't be as rage inducing as Eva's 2b was.
Old 2013-01-05, 23:56   Link #4226
Solkiskey

One match from mizuumi! I'm going to upload more matches now, if there's anyone interested.
Old 2013-01-06, 08:17   Link #4227
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solkiskey View Post

One match from mizuumi! I'm going to upload more matches now, if there's anyone interested.
I am! It's always neat to see how play has evolved since the first Ougon's release.
Old 2013-01-09, 17:54   Link #4228
Solkiskey

One match of two users from mizuumi. Sohanon's lambda is pretty good.
Old 2013-01-16, 10:06   Link #4229
Kuroberus

I've been playing OMK for half a year now and I don't know how to do the blue thingy while blocking. HOW?! Is it a greater block? There are some instances when their attacks are low and i block low but still get hit.

And I just noticed about Siesta 410's double jump... really cute.
Old 2013-01-16, 10:32   Link #4230
Mormel

I think you are referring to the damage touch.
Read about the different touches on Mizuumi Wiki
http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Ougon_Musou_Kyoku/Touch
Old 2013-01-17, 00:15   Link #4231
Kuroberus

No I mean blue thingy while blocking on that Team Fruitloop video.
Old 2013-01-17, 07:48   Link #4232
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Blue thingy while blocking? Please be more specific. Are you talking about Guard Touch? Maybe it is related to an ability, like how someone who has Patience activated will flash yellow when guarding.

EDIT:

What is this sorcery? A Willard combo that doesn't uses his Meta Super?! And the return of Lucifer's 3C loop on someone who isn't Beato?!

Last edited by GabrieliosP; 2013-01-17 at 09:55.
Old 2013-01-17, 09:56   Link #4233
byehello123

i thinking that the blue thingy he asking and related to block is dlanor's ability
Old 2013-01-17, 10:11   Link #4234
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroberus View Post
No I mean blue thingy while blocking on that Team Fruitloop video.
If you mean the transparent-panel-looking things when BBattler gets hit, then its Dlanor's ability (that BBattler is using.)

If you mean the blue powdery flash that happens whenever Eva or Battler block an attack, thats 410's ability (that BBattler is using).

If you mean something else then... time code? :V
Old 2013-01-18, 09:22   Link #4235
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Old 2013-01-21, 09:50   Link #4236
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Absolutely awesome.
Old 2013-01-21, 11:08   Link #4237
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Ah yes, the famous "Battler convinced twelve copies of his parents to shoot... himself" theory. The only one to ever lend small bombs credibility as logical reasoning.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Old 2013-01-23, 09:32   Link #4238
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Old 2013-01-30, 18:34   Link #4239
Andor-sama

Hey guys I need a bit of help.
I have to admit I don't really feel like reading all the 212 pages so far because of understandable reasons (this is the point where you could flame me for being lazy).
I am totally new to this type of games and have a few questions.

Where can I find a combo list? A link would help me greatly ^^. And the best would be if the same kind of things would be in a group

If I use a combo consisting of several buttons do I have to press the buttons one after the other really fast or press them at the same time? Maybe it depends on the combo itself?

I tought everyone have a finisher in meta world, but now I saw in a movie that Erika can shoot cannons and also create the logic error and both looked like some kind of bad ass ultimate attack.

At the same time it looks strange there can be big difference in the strength of combos of the same difficulty, so I am a bit confused over the logic of it.

thanks.
Old 2013-01-30, 19:42   Link #4240
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

The Ougon Musou Kyoku wiki, here, has a good list of combos for characters.

For a multi-button combo, you have to press them in order. The only stances where you have to press many buttons at the same time is when activating meta-world (if you didn't design a shortcurt button for that) or using the EX version of attacks (again, you can put this as a shortcurt so you only have to press one button).

These are called SP2. Each character has one (except Will, who has two), they're special attacks who cost 2 SP bars, but the meta supers are their "ultimate attacks". They each have their own function. B.Battler's SP2 is great for combo extension, and Erika's can hit knocked-down characters, while the majority of them can hit falling characters. In Erika's case, the cannons are her SP2, and the logic error is her Meta Super.

Each character has their own damage output and HP. Some characters can do a shit-ton of damage with few attacks (Jessica for example), while others aren't that strong (Erika). But each has their own advantages (Jessica is terrible for approaching but extremely strong, while Erika is a helluva fast and can approach you using her teleports from any corner of the stage, but to compensate she has weak attacks). So combos of the same difficulty can vary in damage thanks to the character being used to deal the combo.
Closed Thread