AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 05
Perfect 10 9 8.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 7.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 20.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 17.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 11.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 6.48%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-16, 11:37   Link #41
gibits
Endless

Well I kinda enjoyed the filler in this ep. The centipede was a nice touch. A lot of people had a problem with the sand slowly creeping up DD's arm but I thought it was very sinister on Gaara's part, like he was letting the full terror of his arm getting crushed to sink in ^^ The villagers rallying to support Gaara was a nice touch also to show how far Gaara has come to earning his village's trust.

I also liked the bell test filler (shock!), since it showed Naruto's trick to be a complete bluff.

All I can say about the next episode is: Sasori-sama!!!!!! I hope there is more filler with him next episode.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 12:29   Link #42
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I will admit, they are drawing out Gaara's fight a bit too much...if they were gonna do that, they could of done a lot better.

*tear drop* No Naruto next week? ugh...I don't think there's any Bleach next week either @#$@%$%#!!!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 14:14   Link #43
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Hmm well Gaara is one of those "main" characters in shippuden since the plot now revolves mostly around akatsuki and sasuke....i enjoyed this episode solely because I liked when Gaara crushed Deidara's arm
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 14:18   Link #44
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Without His( Diadra) cheap methods , he cant match Gaara ( my favorite character in naruto ) .
I think differently. Lets look at the scenario:

- Deidara wasn't on his own turf; Gaara was (this is a HUGE advantage to Gaara).
- Deidara while fighting Gaara had to keep attention to the rest of the Village Defenses. Gaara had the village defenses aiding him when viable.
- Deidara didn't even come close to being prepared for this fight as he thought Gaara would be a joke. Gaara was fully prepared.
- Deidara was under orders by Sasori to get Gaara which means even if he wanted to, he can't go all out on Gaara. Gaara has no limitations and was going for the kill from the start of the fight.
- Deidara (while having funny hands) is still a human; Gaara is a demon host.

As can be seen, the fight is heavily skewed to Gaara. While in this case, we can agree that Deidara either had to be cheap as hell or flee; in a different scenario he probably would had defeated Gaara easy.
Old 2007-03-16, 14:30   Link #45
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
I think differently. Lets look at the scenario:

- Deidara wasn't on his own turf; Gaara was (this is a HUGE advantage to Gaara).
- Deidara while fighting Gaara had to keep attention to the rest of the Village Defenses. Gaara had the village defenses aiding him when viable.
- Deidara didn't even come close to being prepared for this fight as he thought Gaara would be a joke. Gaara was fully prepared.
- Deidara was under orders by Sasori to get Gaara which means even if he wanted to, he can't go all out on Gaara. Gaara has no limitations and was going for the kill from the start of the fight.
- Deidara (while having funny hands) is still a human; Gaara is a demon host.

As can be seen, the fight is heavily skewed to Gaara. While in this case, we can agree that Deidara either had to be cheap as hell or flee; in a different scenario he probably would had defeated Gaara easy.

Maybe i stated it wrongly, but what i meant that in this battle they are on , he had to use cheap methods. My intentions wasnt to say Diadra is weaker than Gaara ( since i dont know how strong Diadra is) but that Diadra realized the only way out without him being crushed is to use cheap methods.

Allthough the reasons you mentioned as why Didra is stronger are strong and valid, i think we are forgetting the fact that since Gaara is in the Village he cant let the demon to take control. If he wasnt in the village and if by any chance Gaara would start to lose to Diadra, he could just go to sleep and let the demon do the fighting. I doubt Diadra has enough Chakra to fend off Gaara and then after that the demon inside Gaara. In part one we saw Gaara's demon was even stronger than Frog boss and as the time was going by it was getting stronger and stronger.

So we could say Gaara still had a bigger handicap in bringing his ultimate out.
Old 2007-03-16, 15:48   Link #46
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
god what the hell is up with this episode! theres more stare contest and super damn long pan of still images... talk about dragging the freaking episode
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 16:24   Link #47
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Yeah. We are just waiting for Gaara to stop fighting.

Its true that it moves to slow, but this is most likely their way of making sure that it wont interfere with the manga.

The animation was great, not just a lot of interesting things happened. Lets get this fight wrapped up...

it was still awesome.

8/10. go back to watching sorry-mr-postman-naruto if you want to see what bad animation and story is. jesus christ.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 16:57   Link #48
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

even the first episodes of Naruto were better than this.
Old 2007-03-16, 22:37   Link #49
EoT
~~

Anyone find it strange how when Deidera's arm gets ripped off his response is "Not bad" I don't know about him but other characters having body parts ripped off would be in utter pain!
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 23:45   Link #50
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
Yeah. We are just waiting for Gaara to stop fighting.

Its true that it moves to slow, but this is most likely their way of making sure that it wont interfere with the manga.

The animation was great, not just a lot of interesting things happened. Lets get this fight wrapped up...

it was still awesome.

8/10. go back to watching sorry-mr-postman-naruto if you want to see what bad animation and story is. jesus christ.
This stuff happened over two years ago in the manga. There's no need for them to hold back on the pacing this much. If this is how slow they're going to pace Shippuden, they seriously could have gone without a single episode of filler and still never caught up with the manga.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 03:33   Link #51
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
Anyone find it strange how when Deidera's arm gets ripped off his response is "Not bad" I don't know about him but other characters having body parts ripped off would be in utter pain!
Yeah i already mentioned it too . But after seeing animes like hunter x hunter i wasnt that suprised that he was so unconcerned. Maybe ( probably) there is some one in the akatsuki group with great medical techniques and can restorte it for him or Maybe His Hand is special and he can fix it ( who knows maybe his hands were his creations ( modification) too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
This stuff happened over two years ago in the manga. There's no need for them to hold back on the pacing this much. If this is how slow they're going to pace Shippuden, they seriously could have gone without a single episode of filler and still never caught up with the manga.
I personally dont think the way they are going with naruto is that bad. As anime watcher i personally want to know everything about the changed Gaara in detailes. Also Its been almost 2 years since they restarted the main story so they have to use flash backs to remind people of what things are and how they go. Forexample i didnt know ( or porbably have forgotten) about Gaara's speical sand.

For Manga readers its probably too slow because they already know whats going to happen next so they are just waiting for it to watch it animated. But if you look at it from anime watcher only point of view its not that slow and it is more fun to watch it this way. And after its the anime we are talking about.

Also usually an episode covers about a volume or so of Manga and if they go at a faster pace, it wont take that long for anime and Manga to catch up ( maybe a year at most with a fast pace). Then if they catch up, we would have to have more fillers.

I personally rather to watch the main story at slow pace than having to go through all those fillers that arent even related to main story.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2007-03-17 at 03:48.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 05:58   Link #52
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I personally dont think the way they are going with naruto is that bad. As anime watcher i personally want to know everything about the changed Gaara in detailes. Also Its been almost 2 years since they restarted the main story so they have to use flash backs to remind people of what things are and how they go. Forexample i didnt know ( or porbably have forgotten) about Gaara's speical sand.
Your example was not filler, it was in the manga. And I don't believe we had been told before that there was actually a difference between the sand in the gourd and other sand.

Quote:
For Manga readers its probably too slow because they already know whats going to happen next so they are just waiting for it to watch it animated. But if you look at it from anime watcher only point of view its not that slow and it is more fun to watch it this way. And after its the anime we are talking about.
I can only speak for myself but I noticed a dramatic change of pace in the anime when they started using an abundance of filler. (This was before I picked up the manga.) For example, Sakura's and Ino's fight and Jiraiya's training of Naruto after the 3rd prelims.

Quote:
Also usually an episode covers about a volume or so of Manga and if they go at a faster pace, it wont take that long for anime and Manga to catch up ( maybe a year at most with a fast pace). Then if they catch up, we would have to have more fillers.
A normal (what used to be anyway) Naruto episode covers about two chapters of manga material, which means a volume gives us material for 4.5 episodes. Since the manga is 100 chapters ahead, it would take about 100 episodes at the normal rate before they catch up. (50 episodes for the 100 chapters, 25 for the 50 chapters released in the meantime, 12.5 episodes for the next 25 chapters... and so on. If you know your algebra and geometric series, you know it totals to 100.)

Quote:
I personally rather to watch the main story at slow pace than having to go through all those fillers that arent even related to main story.
You're entitled to your personal opinion of course, but I prefer quality in the parts that matter instead of quantity. I don't mind waiting two years so that the anime team can amass the amount of manga material necesary to produce good quality anime. However, Shippuuden so far, has clearly not delivered in that aspect (except for the first 10 minutes which were awsome).
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 06:34   Link #53
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

As a manga reader I´m pleased with how Naruto Shippuden has started, not overly excited but pleased.

And the way they´ve elongated the fight between Gaara and Deidara is in no way bad. Rather it´s the opposite. I think the Akatsuki has been overpowered so much it´s on the verge of being ridicioulus and this way their powers is atleast toned down a little bit.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2007-03-17 at 10:31.
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 06:49   Link #54
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Your example was not filler, it was in the manga. And I don't believe we had been told before that there was actually a difference between the sand in the gourd and other sand.
I think something was mentioned about it in the original naruto. I forgot what it was though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika

I can only speak for myself but I noticed a dramatic change of pace in the anime when they started using an abundance of filler. (This was before I picked up the manga.) For example, Sakura's and Ino's fight and Jiraiya's training of Naruto after the 3rd prelims.
Well i guess i am slow in noticing those kind of things .
Quote:

A normal (what used to be anyway) Naruto episode covers about two chapters of manga material, which means a volume gives us material for 4.5 episodes. Since the manga is 100 chapters ahead, it would take about 100 episodes at the normal rate before they catch up. (50 episodes for the 100 chapters, 25 for the 50 chapters released in the meantime, 12.5 episodes for the next 25 chapters... and so on. If you know your algebra and geometric series, you know it totals to 100.)
Ops , i meant to write a chapter or 2 would be one episode( some times more than 2 chapters and some times less of course). and so Since Manga is like around 120ish chapter ahead it would be around 60 to 70 episodes. I wonder what i was thinking when i wrote volume .

Quote:
You're entitled to your personal opinion of course, but I prefer quality in the parts that matter instead of quantity. I don't mind waiting two years so that the anime team can amass the amount of manga material necesary to produce good quality anime. However, Shippuuden so far, has clearly not delivered in that aspect (except for the first 10 minutes which were awsome).
Just out of curiosity, what part of the episode 5 did you find with low quality and uninteresting?. Of course every one have their own opinion , but there is a big diffrence between quality and slow pace.

I agree with you with the fact that the pace might be a bit slow, But that doesnt mean the quality is bad right?. In my opinion everything they had in this episode was interesting and worth to watch. Base on the most of the posts i have seen in the episode discussion threads, Anime watchers have loved the episodes so far, while some Manga readers didnt like it. So that was the reason i concluded that the reason Manga readers dont like the anime so far, is because they want to see the Manga animated as fastest as possible so they arent satisfied with the anime.

Of course this is just my personal view on this.
Old 2007-03-17, 08:43   Link #55
Cooper

Well, episode was quite good [6-7] for me, though that slow pace is a bit boring.
But the fact that episode airs only every other week is killing me
Guess I will start to read manga if this is going to continue...
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 08:53   Link #56
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
I think something was mentioned about it in the original naruto. I forgot what it was though .
You are right, I remember it was stated in somewhere (I think it was by the Chunin test) that the sand Gaara carries in his Gourd is different from normal sand.

Maybe Hunter-San can enlighten us with this.

I haven't seen this Ep, but Shikas comment already have me prepared on what to expect, I agree with him, that even for an anime viewer, you could get annoyed by the change of passing, from An action cannon fight, to a filler rant that has nothing to do with the ongoing fights.

It seems the anime team want to use the "success" of their intellectual work, and incorporated to the real story as much as they can, Im very patient, Ill wait for 3 or 4 more episode to see how the Fillers madness is going on.

BTW, whats up with all this one week breaks?
Old 2007-03-17, 11:55   Link #57
Deathwing
what do i know

fights are supposed to be fast paced
i hope the upcoming fights are gonna be faster than this (i assume the animators tought that this one would be easy to drag out)
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 11:56   Link #58
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
You are right, I remember it was stated in somewhere (I think it was by the Chunin test) that the sand Gaara carries in his Gourd is different from normal sand.

Maybe Hunter-San can enlighten us with this.

I haven't seen this Ep, but Shikas comment already have me prepared on what to expect, I agree with him, that even for an anime viewer, you could get annoyed by the change of passing, from An action cannon fight, to a filler rant that has nothing to do with the ongoing fights.

It seems the anime team want to use the "success" of their intellectual work, and incorporated to the real story as much as they can, Im very patient, Ill wait for 3 or 4 more episode to see how the Fillers madness is going on.

BTW, whats up with all this one week breaks?
I dont know which parts were fillers ( also it was hard to guess ) since i havent read the Manga. Also i thought the fight ( and pace) was alot better than last episode's slow moving sand.

I agree with you alot of things that was shown ( be it filler or not) werent directly related to the ongoing fight, however they did emphasize on the changed Gaara. I wont go in detailes because i dont want to spoil you on it . However i think you might like this episode more than the previous one .

P.S. Have you read the Manga?.
Old 2007-03-17, 12:53   Link #59
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what part of the episode 5 did you find with low quality and uninteresting?. Of course every one have their own opinion , but there is a big diffrence between quality and slow pace.
To me they are one and the same. If the pace is slowed down, that means the plot is watered out and boring, making it less entertaining. Quality isn't just about animation and music etc, it's also about scripting, direction and pacing, something that the anime-team just isn't very good at (they used to be though).

Quote:
I dont know which parts were fillers ( also it was hard to guess ) since i havent read the Manga. Also i thought the fight ( and pace) was alot better than last episode's slow moving sand.
Here's a quick guide. During fights, if the focus leaves the fight, and the new focus doesn't add any vital information about the fight or characters, you can be pretty sure it's filler. Common examples are lesser characters and no-name characters doing stuff that has no real bearing on the outcome of the battle. In this case, Kankurou, Baki and all other sand ninjas. The anime might also move other scenes so they interrupt battle scenes with them. This isn't filler per se, though filler is often added in the transition. The point is, in the manga once the fight has started, the focus very seldom leaves the fight unless there is another fight going on at the same time. An obvious example of episode five is the scene right near the ending where several sand ninjas are seen brandishing weapons in order to support their kazekage, when in reality there's obviously no way they can have any impact on a battle going on in the air, way out of their reach.

There's also fighting filler in the sense that there's actually "fighting" in the filler. However in these scenes the fighters are usually just trading blows or end up dodging each others' attacks for a long period of time (we saw a lot of that in episode 4). The anime team can also draw out fights by adding a lot more detail, like the chewing of Deidara's clay for half a minute before he sends his birds away.

Occasionally the anime team tries writing more intellectually challenging fighting filler, but more often than not it ends up either defying logic or characteristics. As an example from episode 5, the first time Gaara captures Deidara by the arm, the natural thing for him to do would be to squash it right away (as we indeed saw in the non-filler part of the episode), but here he somehow flung him around and into a giant ball of sand. Deidara trapped inside this ball, uses explosives to blow his way out. Last I checked, using explosives in cramped locations was harmful to your being, but it seems Deidara has aquired an immunity to explosions in his transition to anime form.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 12:54   Link #60
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Gaara is my fave chracter so I enjoyed this episode yeah but the sand thing was getting a tad repitive but who cares the animation was simply Funtastic . They have animated the moon very well and the scenes associated with it

Tags
episode discussion, weekly episode discussion