Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-11-27, 23:15   Link #7641
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Andrew Luck is struggling without Reggie Wayne being out there. RG3 isn't running as much and our line is better at run blocking than pass blocking. Also, defensive coordinators are justing pummeling dual threat quarterbacks in order to discourage the run. You're allowed to hit a quarterback on the read option if he's still in the stance where he hands off the ball even if he himself no longer has the ball.
True, personally, I was never a big fan of dual threat Quarterbacks. Seeing as the more they risk getting hit and such, the more likely they will not last long. Traditional Pocket Quarterbacks stands as the best bet as always. I am not saying Quarterbacks shouldn't scrambled when need to, but they shouldn't be tempted to take the ball and run.

The Quarterback is the General, you do not send your General out in the frontlines.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 23:17   Link #7642
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
True, personally, I was never a big fan of dual threat Quarterbacks. Seeing as the more they risk getting hit and such, the more likely they will not last long. Traditional Pocket Quarterbacks stands as the best bet as always. I am not saying Quarterbacks shouldn't scrambled when need to, but they shouldn't be tempted to take the ball and run.

The Quarterback is the General, you do not send your General out in the frontlines.
And RG3 was getting killed in the pocket against the 49ers. If our offensive line's play doesn't improve, his career won't last long. Dual threat quarterbacks should only scramble when they need to and slide when they think they're going to take the hit.
Old 2013-11-27, 23:21   Link #7643
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
And RG3 was getting killed in the pocket against the 49ers. If our offensive line's play doesn't improve, his career won't last long. Dual threat quarterbacks should only scramble when they need to and slide when they think they're going to take the hit.
I agree, and the offensive line is heavy in the draft so RG3 will be getting help. So I think it would be wise to not let RG3 play so recklessly, cutting some of his playing time would be smart. Seeing as the season is now a lost cause, best to play it safe and allow RG3 to recover.
Old 2013-11-27, 23:26   Link #7644
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I saw a Skins game 2-3 weeks prior and it seems he is taking some of his hits because he is holding on to the ball for too long. Even when his O-line is doing a decent job at buying him some time, he is still taking hits because his receiver can't open. O-line can't be blamed for every play. Not to mention, at times he and his receiving core don't seem to be in the same page. He needs to improve with the idea that he doesn't need to make things happen with every throw.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 23:33   Link #7645
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I saw a Skins game 2-3 weeks prior and it seems he is taking some of his hits because he is holding on to the ball for too long. Even when his O-line is doing a decent job at buying him some time, he is still taking hits because his receiver can't open. O-line can't be blamed for every play. Not to mention, at times he and his receiving core don't seem to be in the same page. He needs to improve with the idea that he doesn't need to make things happen with every throw.
You would think that the General Manager of the Redskins would have provided weapons for RG3 last off-season. Its a big fault of management there.
Old 2013-11-27, 23:41   Link #7646
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
You would think that the General Manager of the Redskins would have provided weapons for RG3 last off-season. Its a big fault of management there.
I agree with you there. I think RGIII lucked out when he went to an organization like the Skins. Shanahan is also overrated in my opinion. He is good at cultivating running back and that's it. Aside for the two Superbowl win with Steve Young, teams under him made 4 playoff appearance since 1999.
Old 2013-11-27, 23:46   Link #7647
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I agree with you there. I think RGIII lucked out when he went to an organization like the Skins. Shanahan is also overrated in my opinion. He is good at cultivating running back and that's it. Aside for the two Superbowl win with Steve Young, teams under him made 4 playoff appearance since 1999.
Does Shanahan know its a passing era now? I mean, weapons are hard to come by. However, looking at the receivers on the roster. They are all pretty good size and are ideal wide receiver base on height and weight alone. All that is left is to cultivate them into great receivers, giving them knowledge and good coaching for them to evolve.

RG3 holds some blame, so does the weapons. However, the coaching staff hold the most to blame.
Old 2013-11-28, 01:45   Link #7648
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Yup. No doubt about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Q; In your opinion, is Kaepernick going through somewhat of a "sophomore slump?"
I personally think its more of coaching than Kapernick just having a "true" sophomore slump...I saw the samething happen in New Orleans with Aaron Brooks...

Aaron Brooks? Who is Aaron Brooks you ask? He's only the guy that shattered all the Saints passing records before Drew Brees DBZBrolly'd them...

This guy was fantastic in his first year, ran around, played with natural instincts, and played with a cool freedom about himself (Later in losing years, this smiling under pressure was the thing Saints fans loathed about him)...

In his next two seasons, they forced him to stay in the pocket, going so far as to get Joe Montana to tutor him in the summer...He wound up being a decent passing QB--much better than Kaep if not as visually great to watch--but he was completely neutered and it showed...

The Saints took ALL of his instincts away and tried to make him into a 3-read QB when he had shown an affinity for freelancing yet still getting back to the play...

That's why Russel Wilson is putting a clown suit on all these young QB's (Luck super included) because he can still play with that instinctual affinity and incorporate this into a more technical game....Not that he's killing it passing all the time, but you CAN SEE his poise and passing ability evolve...

Kaep's in trouble if San Fran doesn't get back to having him rely on that ability because sometimes less is more...
Old 2013-11-28, 04:50   Link #7649
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I personally think its more of coaching than Kapernick just having a "true" sophomore slump...I saw the samething happen in New Orleans with Aaron Brooks...

Aaron Brooks? Who is Aaron Brooks you ask? He's only the guy that shattered all the Saints passing records before Drew Brees DBZBrolly'd them...

This guy was fantastic in his first year, ran around, played with natural instincts, and played with a cool freedom about himself (Later in losing years, this smiling under pressure was the thing Saints fans loathed about him)...

In his next two seasons, they forced him to stay in the pocket, going so far as to get Joe Montana to tutor him in the summer...He wound up being a decent passing QB--much better than Kaep if not as visually great to watch--but he was completely neutered and it showed...

The Saints took ALL of his instincts away and tried to make him into a 3-read QB when he had shown an affinity for freelancing yet still getting back to the play...

That's why Russel Wilson is putting a clown suit on all these young QB's (Luck super included) because he can still play with that instinctual affinity and incorporate this into a more technical game....Not that he's killing it passing all the time, but you CAN SEE his poise and passing ability evolve...

Kaep's in trouble if San Fran doesn't get back to having him rely on that ability because sometimes less is more...
Who could forget this?
Spoiler for Tee hee:

And if I remember correctly Aaron Brooks was later criticized for not being too studious himself and working at this craft.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 07:30   Link #7650
GDB

Quote:
I agree, and the offensive line is heavy in the draft so RG3 will be getting help. So I think it would be wise to not let RG3 play so recklessly, cutting some of his playing time would be smart. Seeing as the season is now a lost cause, best to play it safe and allow RG3 to recover.
Problem with cutting his playing time at this point is that it would send the wrong message. Even if you try to explain the reasoning, it'll seem like the staff lost confidence in him. You really don't want to do that to someone in their first or second year.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 10:52   Link #7651
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Problem with cutting his playing time at this point is that it would send the wrong message. Even if you try to explain the reasoning, it'll seem like the staff lost confidence in him. You really don't want to do that to someone in their first or second year.
The fan base would likely explode along with the media. They'd probably think that the organization's lost faith in him. Pierre Garcon is turning into a decent No. 1 WR, but we don't have a second option. Moss is a good fit for the slot because of his size and speed. We still don't have a first round draft pick either, but the cap penalty that Goodell gave us is void after this season. With $18 million back in cap, we should be able to sign one or 1 good RT and a decent safety or corner. The rest can be put back into signing our rookies when draft day comes. Then again, we don't even have a first rounder because of the trade to move up and acquire RG3.
Old 2013-11-28, 12:22   Link #7652
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Of course it would lead to much outrage for the casual fan base of the Red Skins. They don't look at the big picture. I don't see the logic of allowing RG3 to continue playing 4 quarters allowing the risk of him getting more injured. Its not about losing faith in him, its about preparing for next season. It is a slim chance for the Red Skins to return to the playoff in the remaining games. Take the safe bet and allow him to rest. Play underdeveloped players to develop them for next season.

The media likes to blow things out of proportions, its their job after all to do that to get more viewers. Those who believe everything the media says are mostly casual fans of a fan base. They can easily forget what is the most important for the organization.
Old 2013-11-28, 16:12   Link #7653
sky black swordman

Well, it's over and the Lions beat the Packers 40-10. The game was interesting early on but then turned into a one sided game as it went on. I didn't expect the Packers (without Aaron Rodgers) to beat the Lions but I was hoping it would be a good game.
Old 2013-11-28, 21:48   Link #7654
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I was expecting the Steelers to put up a better fight against the Ravens though they seem like they are not putting up a fight.
Old 2013-11-28, 22:56   Link #7655
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Steelers are orchestrating a good drive!! 1st and goal with 10+ minutes left.

edit: Touchdown!!
Old 2013-11-28, 23:24   Link #7656
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Or...not...
Old 2013-11-28, 23:27   Link #7657
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Or...not...

And then not again?

And then finally is.

2-point conversion failed though.
Old 2013-11-28, 23:39   Link #7658
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Sanders couldn't get a ball easier than that....

I wanted this game to go on overtime... These two teams play special whenever they are playing each other.
Old 2013-11-28, 23:45   Link #7659
sky black swordman

And it's over. The Ravens beat the Steelers 22-20.
Old 2013-11-28, 23:55   Link #7660
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

At least it was very exciting, can't say the same thing about the other two games. Well, the Raiders put up a good fight. However I expected a lot more enjoyment.

Tags
american football, sports