AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-12, 07:28   Link #381
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Her chestplate is probably a prod at blacksmiths who think that hard metal is the best metal against protection. Unfortunately, high-carbon steel is known to be brittle.

Aki Toyosaki should have repeated all her lines in this episode back in K-ON. :P

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 09:47   Link #382
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well the first few minutes were a little cliche but the whole Breast Plate incident was amusing. Luke's gurgled scream was just priceless.

I don't know why Cecily continues to wear one if she keeps getting comments about it. Is it an obligatory uniform or something. If it is then she could atleast mention it. Other than that i kinda like her. Luke is an asshole. I've never thought much of Jerks With a Heart of Gold.

It's a bit hard taking this anime seriously at the serious bits when everyone is such a moe blob. Serei no Moribito never suffered from this. But it also had some really good background music that added to the suspense-fu.

Last edited by Haak; 2009-10-12 at 10:07.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 10:04   Link #383
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 2

Episode 2 was what i expected it to be a transition from the introduction to beginning of the real meant. Cecily is so cute it hurts shes like puppy who thinks it has the fangs of a wolf lol which she does not but at least she has 2 ample mounds of wane

Pretty smart have the item everyone was looking for change into human form and walk into the city. Everyone was looking for a sword not a young girl very nice tactic however many men died because of it but as the capt guy said they were Knights they were prepared to give their lives.

Luke major male Tsun Tsun which makes for some nice laughs. Best part of the episode had to be the breastplate breaking.
Old 2009-10-12, 10:54   Link #384
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Episode 2 was great . This anime is on my TOP 5 in this season .

The breast plat's part was great XD look at Lisa's face lol as i though , i found weird that the plate hasn't nothing when the monster throw his ice .
The forge is a good idea , i like it .
Seems that Sigfried is the guy in black and the bad guy with his sir .
Aria is here ! Gonna be interesting .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 12:34   Link #385
klare

the cracking of Cecily's plate is really unexpected, right after a serious fight

they better explain why katana exists

i like the show, but the best is still the ED
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 12:41   Link #386
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Just watched the first two episodes last night. This looks like an entertaining series. Luke is pretty cool and Lisa is Yui, which is awesome.

I hope they focus more on the characters than the world, since it seems like they'd have to spend a lot of time on it, which would make us lose out on character development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
the cracking of Cecily's plate is really unexpected, right after a serious fight

they better explain why katana exists

i like the show, but the best is still the ED
I saw that coming once she blocked the attacks with it. But if was dumb how her clothing just happened to come off at the same time too. I guess they tore in the fight, I don't know. It did take her an unusually long time to realize what had happened though. lol.
Old 2009-10-12, 13:58   Link #387
Kadrias

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlight View Post
I like what she's wearing there!
Agreed, it looks much better than her armor.
Kadrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 14:06   Link #388
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 02:35   Link #389
geegeek

I really hope anime goes on for 26 episode instead of 13..By the way, does anyone know where to get raws of the novel from volume 4?? Maybe in text form?? I can't find it anywhere....
geegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 02:48   Link #390
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

The only show of the new season I am watching at the moment.

After 2 episodes I still feel like wanting to see more, so I'll stick around to see how things develop from here.
Old 2009-10-13, 06:51   Link #391
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I can't see Cecily getting that good with a sword in the short amount of episodes we're getting, unless through some special powers granted to her.
Considering Aria...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
If that's your only major problem with the show, take a look at the first page of this thread. It seems that the light-novel equivalent was a more or less decent chestpiece. Still a bit light on coverage, but covering more area than the anime armor, and no boobs for a sword to glance off and hit the throat. Well, in later volumes - the first cover does look like the anime ^_^;;;
So maybe she learns that her Breast Plate isn't nearly as effective as a real Breastplate? I'd be totally okay with that huge honking lampshade, even if it is somewhat of an excuse to draw her in such a thing and still be realistic.

Episode two went by pretty quickly even though not much happened, which was odd to me. No one annoys me in this show more than Luke; he's a d*ck. He's condescending, he apparently skips Very Important Meetings on a regular basis. I wonder if they're trying to say "reluctant hero" when all that's coming off is "lazy jerk".
Old 2009-10-13, 06:59   Link #392
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

I saw that coming once she blocked the attacks with it. But if was dumb how her clothing just happened to come off at the same time too. I guess they tore in the fight, I don't know. It did take her an unusually long time to realize what had happened though. lol.
it should have happened sooner;it would have explained why the monster didn't attack.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 07:11   Link #393
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geegeek View Post
I really hope anime goes on for 26 episode instead of 13..By the way, does anyone know where to get raws of the novel from volume 4?? Maybe in text form?? I can't find it anywhere....
The question is.. is there enough base material to go that long? You don't want them stretching it out too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
it should have happened sooner;it would have explained why the monster didn't attack.
Because Luke wasn't watching, duhh.
Old 2009-10-13, 10:55   Link #394
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Considering Aria...So maybe she learns that her Breast Plate isn't nearly as effective as a real Breastplate? I'd be totally okay with that huge honking lampshade, even if it is somewhat of an excuse to draw her in such a thing and still be realistic.

Episode two went by pretty quickly even though not much happened, which was odd to me. No one annoys me in this show more than Luke; he's a d*ck. He's condescending, he apparently skips Very Important Meetings on a regular basis. I wonder if they're trying to say "reluctant hero" when all that's coming off is "lazy jerk".
I'd like to know what obligation Luke really has, to attend said meetings. He's been requested to attend, but so far we've been shown as that's all it's been is a request. We don't know all the details so far in.

I hope we see more of Luke and Lisa as they're my favorite characters in the show(as dull as this show is becoming anyway).
Old 2009-10-13, 13:21   Link #395
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Such an improvement over the boobplate.
Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 15:45   Link #396
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

So...not only are katanas better, but magical katanas are

Why not just use/make a magical sword or something

2nd episode was alright. Wasn't that good as the first.
I enjoyed more of the comedy than the actual plot.
I'm already guessing who the evil cloak guy is too.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 16:00   Link #397
Jerseykid

I demand that Luke and cecilly eventually kiss or heads are going to roll!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 16:16   Link #398
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust Romance View Post
So...not only are katanas better, but magical katanas are
Magical steel katanas are better than maybe-sharpened cast iron sticks.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 16:27   Link #399
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Magical steel katanas are better than maybe-sharpened cast iron sticks.
hey wait a darn min i thought according to the anime guide book that even though a weapon is enchanted its still technically a weapon that pwns all others. That includes magically enchanted toothpicks, broomsticks, mops, beat sticks and sometimes under certain conditions flying spoons and yes Anh Minh's sharpened cast iron sticks but what are the rules for walking talking weapons that wear cute dresses?
Old 2009-10-13, 17:10   Link #400
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Is to be explicitly only used by female fighters...otherwise something happens uhm...differently and they're using it in a different way than it's supposed to be.

But actually?
Being able to turn into human= Damn powerfull magical weapon.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen