Just a sidenote question:
Spoiler:
Hahahaha, that score even in an anime is just unreal. I'm sure it's 10-0

Let me check the spanish dub to see what it says:

10-0
fxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 11:44   Link #62
vocab

Woah, I can't believe a group picked this up for it's primary project. Can't wait to see the whole thing when it's finish. Keep up the good work Frenchies-Subs.
vocab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 14:14   Link #63
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxu View Post
Hahahaha, that score even in an anime is just unreal. I'm sure it's 10-0

Let me check the spanish dub to see what it says:

10-0
I know it's unreal, but I always thought it was a proposital exageratton, hehe.

Maybe I read it wrong, it was a long time ago, but still...
Old 2007-05-28, 16:22   Link #64
Hiei-

It's 30-0 if you talk about previous year tournament game (they're saying it in the episode 3) but at this line, he's saying "we defeated you with a difference of 10 goals", and as no one never scored a goal to Wakabayashi, "0+10 = 10". (and I checked in the japanese manga, it's a 10 and not even "juu", directly the number "10" like we write it.

I talked a bit about that with SantaBla and I think he refer to another game.

I also don't think Nankatsu's team would wait a year to try to get the field back, so it's probably another game they done to see who will keep the field (which probably happened a few days before the episode 1)

Quote:
Is Frenchies-subs translating from the japanese audio and using the french only as help? Or is it translating solely from the french version (which isn't very faithful)?
I'll explain it a last time.

- It's not a french dub to english translation.
- It's not a french fansub to english translation (even if that would be okay as I did both)
- It's an japanese to english translation made by a frenchy (which means why the name of the team is "Frenchies-Subs", fansubs by frenchies, and not "french fansubs by frenchies").

About the "beated" sorry, we'll be more careful next time but lots of people were asking to see the first episode soon so we were a bit in a hurry, and I had only one editor at that time, when I have 3-4 now.

Last edited by Hiei-; 2007-05-28 at 16:41.
Hiei- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 18:21   Link #65
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiei- View Post
It's 30-0 if you talk about previous year tournament game (they're saying it in the episode 3) but at this line, he's saying "we defeated you with a difference of 10 goals", and as no one never scored a goal to Wakabayashi, "0+10 = 10". (and I checked in the japanese manga, it's a 10 and not even "juu", directly the number "10" like we write it.

I talked a bit about that with SantaBla and I think he refer to another game.

I also don't think Nankatsu's team would wait a year to try to get the field back, so it's probably another game they done to see who will keep the field (which probably happened a few days before the episode 1)
Ok, it's all clear now.

Quote:
I'll explain it a last time.

- It's not a french dub to english translation.
- It's not a french fansub to english translation (even if that would be okay as I did both)
- It's an japanese to english translation made by a frenchy (which means why the name of the team is "Frenchies-Subs", fansubs by frenchies, and not "french fansubs by frenchies").
Thank you for your patience, Hiei ^^' ; now I know how things really are.

Quote:
About the "beated" sorry, we'll be more careful next time but lots of people were asking to see the first episode soon so we were a bit in a hurry, and I had only one editor at that time, when I have 3-4 now.
Well, if that's the only kind of writing errors that are bound to occur, then there's nothing to worry about.
Old 2007-05-29, 14:42   Link #66
Goblinator

http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs_forum/

Forum has opened!
Goblinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 15:29   Link #67
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaBla View Post
Hope you guys get a good tl checker and editor.
In that case, this project could really rock ^^

Edit: You can try recruiting here:
http://www.fansubbers.org/index.php
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 17:12   Link #68
Goblinator

We have a strong team of editors now. So we don't really need anymore. Maybe a translator checker? I'll ask Hiei-. Thanks for the link.

Last edited by Goblinator; 2007-05-29 at 17:29.
Old 2007-05-30, 19:59   Link #69
Hiei-

Translation checker isn't really needed as I said earlier, I asked DarkSoul all the sentences I wasn't sure of the four first ep so it should be okay, even if someone offer to do it, I won't refuse it (but as long as no one can points lots of big mistakes in the translation, I don't really see the use of it).

The only thing which would be needed is a Translation helper to translate the few sentences I don't get, but I asked a friend living in Japan and it seems it'll have some free times to help us so it's okay (but if someone else want to help about that one day, don't hesitate to contact me even if someone is already doing the job, two peoples is always better than one)

For the others things, I already said it earlier too. If some peoples don't like the release, feel free to not download them and/or do them yourselves.

Right now, from the 2000 people who downloaded it (I never thought so much people would download it by the way), I didn't heard nothing bad about it so I think it's okay (I think people would have said the release sucked if it was really the case).

Okay, there a few edits things which could have been made better but it's just episode 1, and if somes peoples really have an idea of how CT's fansub should look, I really don't understand why they didn't do one ?

Just remember we have nothing to gain about this project, I mean, I'm french and my first aim is to provide french people french subs, I'm just thinking he could please english people to have a sub of a series no one will probably do one day.

I'll end with this sentence, if you really want to be sure it'll rock, just join us as an editor if you seems to be good at it (as you find errors, I think that mean it) and check the ssa before it's released, it would be more useful than posting about it.

Episode 2 is in editing process, Santabla is checking it, then it'll be posted on the private forum and 2/3 others people will look at it and argue about it, so the final script should be fine (even if I found the first one rather okay, except of the "feel" & "beated").
Old 2007-06-01, 01:00   Link #70
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
If some peoples are interested, and as the project with the old team explained in the previous posts of this topic got nowhere, we finally decided to do the fansub ourself.

We're a french team subbing Captain Tsubasa from Japanese, and we think it sucks that no english subs are available for it.

First, we plan to start the original series, and this summer, to start releasing Captain Tsubasa J - World Youth (the part when Tsubasa plays in Sao Paulo's team [Brazil] and where the Japan try to be qualified to the Junior World Cup), maybe also later Shin Captain Tsubasa, we'll see (the sequel of the original series), and why not movies ?

We have 4 episodes translated for the original series (and one of the four already be done in english), and 8 episodes translated for "Captain Tsubasa J - World Youth" (the season is 12 episodes long).

So, we're searching one or two good checks in order to check spelling and grammar of the translation.

It have already be done once by a friend (american one) but I prefer to see the scripts checked one or two more times to be sure to release something good.

Encoding will be done from R2 DVD (Japanese) for all the Captain Tsubasa projets.

We'll also plan to make fansubs of "Dragon Quest - Dai no Daibouken". I have some raws with good quality (VHS RIP, but the quality is really really good for VHS, I remember I posted somes pics of them in the Dai no Daibouken topics a long time ago). Like Captain Tsubasa, we did a french sub for Japanese, and as Shining Fansubs' projet seems to be on eternal hatius, I think it could be cool to have a fansub, morever with betters RAWS.

We're also searching one or two checks for this project, and right now, we have 8 episodes translated (the series is 46 episodes long).

Don't except some releases every week for each project or something like that, but I think we can do some releases with a decent planning.

For peoples who are interested, feel free to pm me (it would be for the next weeks, the team would be created sometimes around June and so the first release, which would be "Captain Tsubasa 001").
Thanks alot for subbing Captain Tsubasa series . I was just wondering if you guys are planning to sub the " The road to 2002" too.
Old 2007-06-01, 11:41   Link #71
Goblinator

It's not scheduled for release.

Check the project section of our site.

http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/?page_id=5

Even if you want to watch Road to 2002, I don't think it's worth it. I didn't like it and I find other sports anime much better like Hungry Heart (the same guy who made Captain Tsubasa)

It's a shame because the manga series of Captain Tsubasa Road to 2002 is much better. They butchered the anime version.
Old 2007-06-01, 14:19   Link #72
gencbiba

Everyone who is interested in our project (s) join our forums and talk about them! heh.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 16:52   Link #73
Goblinator

yes

Yeah you guys really should.
Old 2007-06-16, 18:11   Link #74
gencbiba

Episode 2 is out!! YAY!! Anyone seen it yet?

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 15:35   Link #75
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

And here's another episode of Captain Tsubasa!

It's been a long time since the last time I saw the first duel of Tsubasa and Wakabayashi. Hehe, brings back memories.
Old 2007-06-18, 12:54   Link #76
ShadowX

Hi Hiei,

I'm really glad your subbing the original serie. Thanks to you and your group, I have Shin and the movies in french subtitles for years.

I'm wondering though, where did you get this japanese rip? I've been looking for these episodes in DVD quality for years.
Because I have the full season (the 128 eps) in Arabic but the quality is 6.5/10 ; I made a HQ episode out of them by taking the video source of a spanish episode but the spanish and french episodes have some scenes removed, while the Arabic version keeps the episodes exactly as they are in japanese. Therefore, I'm looking for japanese episodes to make the dubbing much easier and to have my episodes uncut.
Old 2007-06-18, 14:34   Link #77
Hiei-

I have the original japanese DVD (DVD 1 to 7 - 28 episodes).

I saw some rips on Mininova from japanese, first 20 episodes if i'm right.
Old 2007-06-19, 22:51   Link #78
ShadowX

Amazing! Thanks a lot, I found them.
Old 2007-07-10, 00:58   Link #79
Hiei-

The guy released 22-26, did a search just to see the results and noticed that.

So I advice you to check time to time, to see, if you are interested in them
Old 2007-08-02, 22:54   Link #80
zigizag
*Fansubber

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. But me and some friends and subbing DvdRip Quality of all 13 Shin Captain Tsubasa episodes with Japanese Audio in Arabic.

And after we finish with the Arabic we will do it in English.

If anyone cares.

You can get them from my site: http://www.captainmajed.com/season6.html
zigizag is offline   Reply With Quote