AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-12-26, 17:25   Link #221
Kenn
Stomp

@__@ That was a very....stimulating episode to say the least. =__=" I mixed up Kiss x Sis with Ayu Mayu and ended up confused watching the episode. <_<

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 18:48   Link #222
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I'm surprised how much I liked this myself. I always liked the parents, just for their consistent reversal of typical advice. You keep expecting them to say "I know there's no blood, but they're still your sisters so bear that in mind", but instead I keep hearing "They may be your sisters, but remember there's no real biological relation so it's all good."
I'm kind of saddened that so few people like Ako. Even more so when people say that she's more "forward" than Riko. Riko's the one that always goes at it directly, agressively, and without the slightest hint of shame. Ako is direct enough, but she still maintains some slight air of innocence. She wants to go as far as Riko, but she just can't do it because it's too embarassing. I feel that with Ako, Keita would be able to develop an actual romance and go on a real date, saving the obvious eventuality until they're both certain of one another's emotions. Riko's like Mizore from R+V, dead set on procreating and determined to do so no matter what.
I disagree on your views on Riko. But I've already stated my views, so no need to repeat them.
Old 2008-12-26, 20:04   Link #223
Seiryuu

My opinion comes a good deal from the way the girls behave in different settings, what areas they take initiative in, and what areas they generally only go in response to the other's actions. Ako tends to be very open and bold when it comes to public, romantic matters like kissing, but very shy when it comes to more intimate matters; Riko is too shy to kiss Keita in public, but she has no problem grabbing him and going for her... goal. Ako is usually the one to take the initiative when it comes to more normal matters, such as homemade lunch, and Riko acts in kind in order to not fall behind; Riko's usually the one to try to pursue undeniably sexual tactics, with Ako this time following. This is not to say that either one is uninterested in either side of the relationship. Riko obviously wants to have a romantic relationship, and Ako quite obviously wants to ****, the priority is distinct.
By the way, both girls willingly take advantage of any situation where the other is either absent or incapacitated. And concerning the Christmas matter, to make things clear, the alcohol was a mistake. Ako didn't ask for an alcoholic beverage, she realized that they'd been given one when Riko passed out. She didn't aim to intoxicate anyone, she just did what either one would have done: make use of any "alone time", in any context, to get closer to Keita.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 22:15   Link #224
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
And concerning the Christmas matter, to make things clear, the alcohol was a mistake. Ako didn't ask for an alcoholic beverage, she realized that they'd been given one when Riko passed out. She didn't aim to intoxicate anyone, she just did what either one would have done: make use of any "alone time", in any context, to get closer to Keita.
Perhaps the first time, but that does not excuse the second time. Nor the part where she tried to rip off his shorts that Riko was wearing then sniffs them leaving her sister without underwear.

I just don't like Ako. I don't like her tactics. I don't like her reasoning.
Old 2008-12-26, 22:30   Link #225
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, need I remind you all that this is an anime thread so, like... stop talking about the manga, please...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 01:05   Link #226
Seiryuu

Sorry.
Spoiler for And, concerning the manga issues...:

I liked the new insert in the anime, and I think it shows pretty well what I mean by the difference between the two sisters. Riko actually stole a pair of Keita's boxers to wear; obviously upset, Ako forces Riko to remove them; still, she can't help but drool a little bit knowing what she's holding and where it's been. As I said, Ako wants to do that sort of thing, and will go that way if pushed, but generally prefers to go in (slightly) more acceptable routes.
Old 2008-12-27, 01:34   Link #227
relentlessflame

*Administrator

No, I mean, you can't discuss future manga events in this thread even under spoiler tags. Please consult the Spoiler Policy for more information. If you want to discuss the manga, please use the manga thread.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 03:14   Link #228
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Perhaps the first time, but that does not excuse the second time.
I still believe her main concern at that time isn't Riko, but Keita.

But whatever, I don't care. I don't want this place to be turned into a shipping war's battlefield like Code Geass or Macross section.
Old 2008-12-28, 23:57   Link #229
Seiryuu

I agree. And I'm sorry for that last little bit, I'll refrain from any further discussion of manga events. I'd just wanted to state my feelings once I'd finally found the part of the story that others had mentioned. And I agree about avoiding this becoming a shipping battle. I'd just read several pages that seemed to paint Ako in a certain way, and I wanted to even things up a bit. Ako happens to be my favorite of the two(if that wasn't already clear), and things seemed a little one-sided. At some points, it even seemed that some of Riko's more negative traits were being applied to her along with her own character flaws.
Basically, I don't want to bash Riko. I just don't want to see Ako get bashed either. I have stated my take on each girl's personality, so I'd like to just leave it there. After all, who's the better pick isn't the main question here. The real question is how Keita's going to survive long enough to make it past high school and marry one of them, or move to a country where bigyny is legal.
Old 2008-12-29, 02:57   Link #230
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

The manga is too much for me......
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 05:32   Link #231
Seiryuu

Back to the ODA and ch.0, one things bothered me since I started reading/watching this series: how is taking a guy to a secluded location to "rub his *%#@" a matter of appearance, not action? I never could understand why that argument was made, or why it was so easily accepted.
Old 2008-12-29, 23:49   Link #232
billborden

Quote:
Back to the ODA and ch.0, one things bothered me since I started reading/watching this series: how is taking a guy to a secluded location to "rub his *%#@" a matter of appearance, not action? I never could understand why that argument was made, or why it was so easily accepted.
That's easy; the matter of appearance is that Riko claimed she was taking him to the infirmary--the "appearance" in question. It's just that both of the girls were so worked up that they forgot that there was an audience; it's anime/TV/movie logic that she makes the claim for the audience, then forgets about them when she answers Ako, but really, don't think too hard about it, it's more fun that way
Old 2008-12-30, 11:04   Link #233
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
God im getting impatient for the next episode already. Im really want to see how far they are going to push the envelope. I mean there is some real HAWT stuff in the manga i mean are they really going to be able pull some of these scenes off on tv?
Old 2008-12-30, 13:59   Link #234
kramerica

Well I saw groping of a man (even though he still had boxers on) in the first minute, so I'd say it's a good possibility

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 14:01   Link #235
seiji_kun

The strange thing was that the groping wasn't shown as explicit in the manga. However some scenes I do wonder myself, like the scene that he almost goes down on his sister or the hot tub scene.
Old 2008-12-30, 14:03   Link #236
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

When will the next ep be aired?
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 15:22   Link #237
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
Well I saw groping of a man (even though he still had boxers on) in the first minute, so I'd say it's a good possibility
Screw the groping that was a full blown STROKING
Old 2008-12-30, 15:32   Link #238
kuropon
MBT Whipping Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
When will the next ep be aired?
The next one is due to come out along with volume 4 of the manga. Some time in May, iirc (it might be March, come to think of it, since it's a monthly manga now. There's typically about 6 chapters per volume, and what would be the 4th chapter of volume 4 is out in the magazine now).
kuropon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 15:40   Link #239
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuropon View Post
The next one is due to come out along with volume 4 of the manga. Some time in May, iirc (it might be March, come to think of it, since it's a monthly manga now. There's typically about 6 chapters per volume, and what would be the 4th chapter of volume 4 is out in the magazine now).
Well, in the very end of the OAD 00, there's an annoucement containing an date in March'09 and another in May'09. Which is the correct? I don't know.
qwerty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 03:18   Link #240
crimmy88

That was incredibly hot.

I felt embarrassed during the first 5 minutes >_>
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, romance, school life, seinen