AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 17 20.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 37.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 29.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-16, 11:38   Link #121
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I mean how many times do we hear the manga/novel is so much better a day around here?
Many many many times, though there are pleasant exceptions like Kannagi where anime is better than the manga (though in Kannagi's case manga wasnt something spectacular to begin with).
Old 2009-01-16, 14:15   Link #122
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I feel like forcing some of you to attend a Kalman filtering class to get a clue about how incoming information is used to build and adjust internal models of the outside world. And that consensus on shared information is used to develop an "objective" view of reality. It *has* to be that way or, yeah, otherwise its just solipsism all the way down.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objectivity_(philosophy)

But yes... I can think of a few anime that ended up being more entertaining than the source material (for me at least). But its a fairly rare thing...

and NONE of this has barely anything to do with the discussion of episode 15.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-01-16 at 15:05.
Old 2009-01-16, 14:57   Link #123
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Many many many times, though there are pleasant exceptions like Kannagi where anime is better than the manga (though in Kannagi's case manga wasnt something spectacular to begin with).
Well my point was not weather the novel or the anime pacing is better. I thought episode 15's progression was good character development and depth was decent and everyone got a little screen time to show what their feelings were concerning events surrounding Kitamura. I just get a little irritated when people say the manga is better they should follow the pacing of the manga. Its an anime the progression is going to be different depending time alloted for a series to run its course. But i will stop there since im off topic a little but imo episode 15's progression was right on.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2009-01-16 at 15:12.
Old 2009-01-16, 18:18   Link #124
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Arguing over the internet is like winning the special Olympics. In the end, you're still retarded. I wont exclude myself from this either because I am guilty of it as well. lol.

As for this episode I was genuinely shocked that Kitamura freaked out so bad. He seemed to be the one who was always in perfect control. I would very much like to see what happened with his conversation with Sumire. It had to be something very shocking.

In the end, Taiga running for prez was pretty cute, but I am not sure what message she intends to send by doing so. Any thoughts?
Old 2009-01-16, 18:50   Link #125
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I was merely expressing how I feel about people's negative comments. In my usual blunt manner.
^ Ditto.

No need for making elephants out of nothing.
Old 2009-01-16, 21:23   Link #126
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Lack of Ami makes me sad... I haven't read the novels, but it seems like she supposedly plays a big part but it was all cut? wtf? anywho, i'm really interested in what the President said to Kitamura. though i'm sure it'll be revealed later on.

and Ya-chan was great this ep!
Old 2009-01-16, 22:55   Link #127
animeboy12

I must say I thought I wouldn't like this anime because of the tsundere element(which is usually an annoyance in must anime) but here I am on the 15th episode my only complaint is the pace of the relationship is so slow.
Old 2009-01-17, 03:05   Link #128
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Interesting episode, lots of insight from the various characters as well as obviously teenage confusion.

Taiga's roar into her candidacy had some disturbing parallels with Sumire's no-nonsense nature

I've seen Kitamura's sort of crisis act out in real life.... someone who's just dripping with the expectations of everyone else (notice every adult just assumes he's going to be prez). Sometimes the "favored one" rebels against it -- rather like the groomed crown prince who runs away with the gypsies rather than assume his role. Notice how desperately Kitamura wanted to have "fun" - something he rarely gets to do.

Interesting that Yachan was right in step with his dad about Kitamura getting "back in step" -- and she's not exactly a round peg in a round hole herself.

Anyway.... interesting little episode. I'll look forward to reading the related novel sections to see what this obviously light sketch version was trying to portray since just taking it as it is - I'm enjoying what I'm seeing. I keep thinking of Mahoraba: Heartful Days. I *thoroughly* enjoyed the series -- and then I read the manga which just crested my opinion of the story even higher.
Old 2009-01-17, 06:18   Link #129
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
I must say I thought I wouldn't like this anime because of the tsundere element(which is usually an annoyance in must anime) but here I am on the 15th episode my only complaint is the pace of the relationship is so slow.
I'm so grateful they actually developed her character rather than have Ryuuji always be her "Baka Inu" like on other similar shows.
Old 2009-01-17, 07:06   Link #130
xxfate13
tokidoki er

i was disappointed that ami's part was cut not because i like her (though i really do, because of her character, and not because of her looks) but because the part that was taken out could be treated as another character development. Also, this part
Spoiler for this part:
because it had put forth another development in their relationship, kinda clearing things out.

but i guess, the creators are thinking of molding the plot towards a better end (with only 10eps remaing? am i right?) rather than putting a messy relationship between them all. i guess they are equalizing the time and manner how each character develops so they put forth and shaft scenes that would suit each character. That is to further strengthen the role that each one would take towards the ending.

and about kitamura's actions.. i have a part in the novel which he said exactly that i think justifies his actions.. he's a child, like there's a little like that in everyone of us.. i'm not a kitamura fan but i also don't dislike his character. i haven't read yet the kitamura discussion page so i guess i'll head there next ^^

with the current speed of the story, i think that kitamura arc will end next episode..

Last edited by xxfate13; 2009-01-17 at 09:07.
Old 2009-01-17, 12:27   Link #131
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfate13 View Post
with the current speed of the story, i think that kitamura arc will end next episode..
You might be right after all. If they can cover several novel chapters in one episode, I don't see how Taiga's little "election drive" won't end by the next one. The novel basically goes into much detail, like telling how Taiga can't opt out in case Kitamura still refuses, but in the anime it's not necessary considering how everything is going so fast. They might add these as the very small "minor details" though.

Better for us, we can stop worrying about this arc possibly lingering on and on for a few more pointless episodes and instead continue to another dilemma.
Old 2009-01-17, 15:01   Link #132
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Interesting that Yachan was right in step with his dad about Kitamura getting "back in step" -- and she's not exactly a round peg in a round hole herself.
That's the one thing that annoyed me this episode. Ya-chan's always been portrayed as a somewhat ditzy, yet ultimately kind and wise person. And yet instead of helping Kitamura get his head together, her solution is to hold him down, dye his hair black again, and ship him off home. It's kinda blunt and uncaring considering the character.
Old 2009-01-17, 15:03   Link #133
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
You might be right after all. If they can cover several novel chapters in one episode, I don't see how Taiga's little "election drive" won't end by the next one. The novel basically goes into much detail, like telling how Taiga can't opt out in case Kitamura still refuses, but in the anime it's not necessary considering how everything is going so fast. They might add these as the very small "minor details" though.

Better for us, we can stop worrying about this arc possibly lingering on and on for a few more pointless episodes and instead continue to another dilemma.
And then we can get to Volume 7. Yaaaaaaaay!
Old 2009-01-17, 15:08   Link #134
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-17, 15:25   Link #135
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-17, 15:54   Link #136
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, God, every time I remember Yachan's eviction of the noisy brats I burst out laughing...

But just like Vexx and BigJimmy, I was a little disconcerted about her affinity with Kitamura's parents. Too out of the blue? Or they could share a connection, like they're all old friends or something? It bugged me a little, I guess...
Not that Yasuko doesn't act maturely, sometimes - the way she acknowledges Taiga as part of her family (and how she saw through her father's facade), while something a child could do, might actually denote some sort of higher level awareness that most adults posses.

Old 2009-01-17, 16:04   Link #137
pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oh, God, every time I remember Yachan's eviction of the noisy brats I burst out laughing...

But just like Vexx and BigJimmy, I was a little disconcerted about her affinity with Kitamura's parents. Too out of the blue? Or they could share a connection, like they're all old friends or something? It bugged me a little, I guess...
Not that Yasuko doesn't act maturely, sometimes - the way she acknowledges Taiga as part of her family (and how she saw through her father's facade), while something a child could do, might actually denote some sort of higher level awareness that most adults posses.
I think they are supossed to be best buddies since childhood, IIRC this was addressed in episode 1 but only as a comment.
Old 2009-01-17, 16:19   Link #138
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pato View Post
I think they are supossed to be best buddies since childhood, IIRC this was addressed in episode 1 but only as a comment.
It was? I really don't remember it either from the anime or the novels... Hmmm... Maybe it's time to re-read and re-watch everything?

Old 2009-01-17, 16:33   Link #139
typhonsentra

I don't think they're supposed to be childhood friends. Pretty sure they met the previous year.
Old 2009-01-17, 16:53   Link #140
pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
It was? I really don't remember it either from the anime or the novels... Hmmm... Maybe it's time to re-read and re-watch everything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I don't think they're supposed to be childhood friends. Pretty sure they met the previous year.
mmm... Now, I'm doubting it myself. Probably, I'm mixing it with something else, re-read is necessary. However, they are still best friends since it is addressed in the sixth volume of the novels that I'm reading right now.

Last edited by pato; 2009-01-17 at 16:56. Reason: to quote also typhonsentra
Closed Thread