AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-07, 22:18   Link #61
judasmartel
*Author

Lime Bell's powers apparently involves only reversing the target's personal time, not hastening it. This is due to her "mental scar" of wishing to go back in time to the point where she, Haru, and Taku were together for the first time.

I never knew that kind of mental scar could give such an overpowered skillset. Add LB's insane damage potential (Level 1 LB took only 3 hits to reduce Level 4 SC to critical HP!) and a boyfriend and a boy friend who could teach you a lot of gaming sense, and you got a time master who could kick butt when she needs to.
Old 2012-09-08, 05:58   Link #62
Kennyal

I personally really dislike Chiyu in this series purely over how she treats taku.

The 3 of them were friends when younger, then as they grow up chiyu starts to want to date haru who is not interested as he has such low self esteem so she settles for dating taku.
Then continually goes on and on about wanting to go back to when the 3 of them were just friends, effectively telling taku " lets just be friends" and yet she continues to date him only adding to his confusion.
Its this main reason I dislike chiyu, she continually states she wants to go back to the 3 of them just being friends and yet goes way out of her way to try and make haru into something more than a friend ( often without caring how she hurts taku in the process ).

Shes aware taku has feelings for her and yet:-
-Insists on using a short cable with Haru and not Taku when the 3 network
-References haru as her future husband when taku is in the room
-Spends her evening when becoming a burst linker with Haru and not taku who was her accel world mentor ( I thought inviting someone was meant to create a deep bond according to the series but havent seen anything like that yet between taku and chiyu )
-Lets haru see her naked in the shower.
-Takes off her top and tells haru he can touch her if he wants ( does that sound like something friends do?? ) Im also confused she didnt want haru to tell taku about the shower scene but didnt say a word about the shirt off scene...

So all in all, I dislike Chiyu!
Old 2012-09-08, 07:45   Link #63
judasmartel
*Author

I know where you're getting to, but yeah, that must be difficult for both Taku and Haru.

NTR Queen, indeed.
Old 2012-09-08, 08:01   Link #64
Lycodrake

I can't hold all these face-palms. *sighs*
Old 2012-09-08, 08:06   Link #65
judasmartel
*Author

Chiyu's character development definitely went south in this arc.
Old 2012-09-09, 00:04   Link #66
Dark Wing

Oh come now people the story isn't over yet I'm sure we'll get can we not condemn the girl totally before then?
Old 2012-09-09, 01:15   Link #67
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Oh come now people the story isn't over yet I'm sure we'll get can we not condemn the girl totally before then?
I bet her reasoning's to betray the friends, are not so complex at all.

I liked this character at first and hated Taku, but now the roles are reserve, except for liking Taku, I feel bad for the guy. He should just take off his glasses and make an harem of his own.

Old 2012-09-16, 14:12   Link #68
judasmartel
*Author

Say, what happens if Chiyu ever learns IS? I mean, if Haru was able to create a sword out of his hand, and Taku was also able to create one out of his pile bunker...
Old 2012-10-23, 20:48   Link #69
churchblue
Banned

Chiyu should learn IS. It would be a big difference. Her IS would be related to her abilities.
Old 2012-10-24, 00:03   Link #70
judasmartel
*Author

So what do you think would her IS be like?

Spoiler for LN:
Old 2012-10-24, 08:00   Link #71
churchblue
Banned

Dunno. Something dealing with time?
Old 2012-10-24, 08:23   Link #72
invokion
Accelerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
Dunno. Something dealing with time?
That was a quality and complex deduction blue xD.

It could be a lot of things I imagine, since haru is all about speed which could turn into many things - in this case it turns into a 'lightning fast sword'.

Does the LN mention any of it? I'm reading it now.
Old 2012-10-24, 11:11   Link #73
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

4 types of IS attacks: Range Agumentation, Movement Agumentation, Attack Agumentation and Defence Agumentation.

Your IS is used to fill your holes in your heart. So to know her IS, we must first delve into her emotional scar that created her avatar, which is that of wishing to turn back time to when she, Haru and Taku were still friends. She doesn't want to go faster or run from anything, so Movement Agumentation is out, leaving 3.

This can also be seen as trying to protect their friendship, so Defence Agumentation is one of them. Quite possibly slowing down time in an area around her to stop projectiles or various attacks.

Attack Agumentation is also a possibility, as it's been said that the best defence is the best offense, so perhaps something like
Spoiler for Grande:

Not too sure about Range Agumentation, seeing as how she is only really concerned with the 3 of them rather than anyone else.
Old 2012-10-24, 23:26   Link #74
judasmartel
*Author

Seems her IS only makes Chiyu more like the Accel World's equivalent of Orihime Inoue, huh?

AFAIK, enhanced defense is one of Orihime's buffs, and later on, she gained the ability to reflect attacks.

EDIT: About Range Augmentation, how about making her Citron Call able to heal more than one ally?
Old 2012-10-25, 02:14   Link #75
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

See, we have to first decide whether Range Agumentation fits in with her emotional scar, and to me, it seems it doesn't because the scar really only concerns the 3 of them, and no one else.
Old 2012-10-25, 02:45   Link #76
judasmartel
*Author

Nonetheless, even without Range Augmentation, her skillset really screams Orihime.
Old 2012-10-25, 09:01   Link #77
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
4 types of IS attacks: Range Agumentation, Movement Agumentation, Attack Agumentation and Defence Agumentation.

Your IS is used to fill your holes in your heart. So to know her IS, we must first delve into her emotional scar that created her avatar, which is that of wishing to turn back time to when she, Haru and Taku were still friends. She doesn't want to go faster or run from anything, so Movement Agumentation is out, leaving 3.

This can also be seen as trying to protect their friendship, so Defence Agumentation is one of them. Quite possibly slowing down time in an area around her to stop projectiles or various attacks.

Attack Agumentation is also a possibility, as it's been said that the best defence is the best offense, so perhaps something like
Spoiler for Grande:

Not too sure about Range Agumentation, seeing as how she is only really concerned with the 3 of them rather than anyone else.
I think she can only learned Defense Augmentation. The Attack Augmentation you mentioned more along the lines of Defense. If she did, I am thinking more on slowing down the time of the oppenent for Attack Augmentation.

At least, she useful not only as a "healer" but also a power level buddy.
Old 2012-10-25, 11:16   Link #78
invokion
Accelerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post

Spoiler for Grande:

I can't agree that 'offence is the best defence' - that's a situational real time tactic normally, not as a prevailing defending strategy that works all the time. If that logic was used, there'd be no such thing as defence characters :P.
And she is a GREEN color, so she'd definitely have defence augumentation and maybe range - she wants to extend her relationship with haru / taku? Pretty big stab in the dark but...
Old 2012-10-25, 11:35   Link #79
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Mmmm, maybe I shouldn't have phrased it as "the best defence is the best offense" but rather, her emotional scar is a way of protecting the relationship that she, Haru and Taku share. And to be able to protect, one must be adept at both defence and offense.
Old 2012-10-26, 02:12   Link #80
judasmartel
*Author

I'm guessing this:

Range Augmentation: Area-wide Citron Call
Defense Augmentation: HP Regeneration buff
Offense Augmentation: Slow debuff

Last edited by judasmartel; 2012-10-26 at 02:25.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters