3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-10, 14:01   Link #61
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
In particular, I was under impression those 'beams' were really just bullets from the chaingun she was running around with.
Old 2011-03-10, 14:04   Link #62
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bah! Shouldn't have watched the episode as soon as I got up from bed. What a downer! There is only couple of questions left unanswered, but the show is well up and ready to close things out from here on. The outcome also might be a happy one as it seems to suggest in this episode.

I really shouldn't have watched this episode first thing in the morning. Had to feel for Homura. I truly hope for a happy outcome for her sake alone. *sniff*
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 14:05   Link #63
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
In particular, I was under impression those 'beams' were really just bullets from the chaingun she was running around with.
No chaingun that I know if would have such tracer bullets nor to have that kind of muzzle flare... nevermind how that the trajectory is unnatural and slow!

I actually just thought of a troll end scenario where Kyuubee turns to the audience and suggests that we in turn sign contracts with him if we object to what we've witnessed.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 14:05   Link #64
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Chaingun? I'm not seeing anything like that. Can you post a screencap?

EDIT: my raw is really shitty so I can't see anything but I don't dismiss the possibility. I'll try to get a better raw and see if that elusive chaingun is there....
Old 2011-03-10, 14:17   Link #65
wry bread

My respect points for Homura went way up this ep, especially considering that,
unlike other MGs, she didn't start out with an Unlimited Weapons Works or something like that (but where does it all go? A space between time?!)

AND. FREAKING. TIME LOOP. I'm glad that we got that cleared up before the final episode, but...poor Homura. ;w; I hope she succeeds this time, but I'm having trouble seeing any possible way out now that Mami, Kyouko, and Sayaka are all dead in this timeline. We saw what happened the last time she tried to battle Walpurgis Night on her own...unless a miracle happens and more PMs show up?
Old 2011-03-10, 14:18   Link #66
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruurguy View Post
Hmm, which magical beam are you referring to? Is it in episode 10? If so I guess I'll have to see it, still waiting >< But if you mean the other times I had assumed those were bullets from a conventional gun.
HomuHomu's packin' a FN M249 SAW with the box magazine feed (Jietai/JSDF variant).

...and a 50AE IMI Desert Eagle. They're both heavy weapons far too big for her to handle, but in her MG form Homura can handle them like they're lightweight airsoft replicas.

OBTW... This episode is shock and awe. 9000/10.

Last edited by sa547; 2011-03-10 at 14:32.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 14:25   Link #67
Kazu-kun

The "magical beams" I'm talking about have nothing to do with the chaingun. She doesn't carry any such thing in that scene (at the end, right before she finds Madoka and QB).

I really wonder what it is.... maybe it's not magical, but it seems very unnatural....
Old 2011-03-10, 14:25   Link #68
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
My mistake, not a chaingun, but a machinegun. That said, it's really magical how a girl as small as Homura can carry THAT around.

As for the 'beams' in episode 01? Maybe Homura raided an experimental weapons lab and took their lasguns/laser rifles?
Old 2011-03-10, 14:29   Link #69
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The "magical beams" I'm talking about have nothing to do with the chaingun. She doesn't carry any such thing in that scene (at the end, right before she finds Madoka and QB).

I really wonder what it is.... maybe it's not magical, but it seems very unnatural....
Oh, my bad... in one of the other episodes?
Old 2011-03-10, 14:29   Link #70
Kazu-kun

Quote:
My mistake, not a chaingun, but a machinegun. That said, it's really magical how a girl as small as Homura can carry THAT around.
I see but that's not what I'm talking about. There's nothing like this in this scene.

What a mystery. I need a better raw!!

EDIT1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Oh, my bad... in one of the other episodes?
No, this one. From 21:27 to 21:40. And I don't see any gun in her hands, though this raw is crap.

EDIT2
: on another note, I liked this post from /a/:

"its not just about Madoka anymore, its about saving the world. At first Homu just wants to save Madoka, then its about Homu trying to prevent the tragedy of the Magical Girl group, then its about preventing Madoka from becoming a witch and destroying the world."
Old 2011-03-10, 14:38   Link #71
sa547
*Author

You mean the one where she's firing purple bolts at QB? All those rounds must be coming from her shield.

Homura activating time freeze, then nicking those guns and tucking them into her shield... that's all straight out of Ultraviolet.
Old 2011-03-10, 14:39   Link #72
NutShell

Shocking Episode

if C4 can kill a avarage witch

homu2 must try a nuke to kill walpurgis
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 14:39   Link #73
Miraluka
Banned

Tangencial time lines with different events but with the same result, as far I remember from episode 4 or 5, well, the only option left is making of Homura a witch and Madoka killing her after becoming a MS.
Ok, it seems the next episode Kyuubee finally will have a contract.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 14:41   Link #74
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
You mean the one where she's firing purple bolts at QB? All those rounds must be coming from her shield.
Yeah, purple... the color of her magic. That means they're most likely magical. Interesting!
Old 2011-03-10, 14:44   Link #75
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I don't think it should be farfetched that that's her using magic. In Mami's ep 3 fight, some of the spent guns she threw disintegrated into yellow magic and killed minions.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 14:51   Link #76
Kazu-kun

Interesting. We have the Walpurgis Night witch, and when Madoka becomes a witch, she turns into a Brocken Spectre (aka Mountain Spectre).

That's just really cool!!
Old 2011-03-10, 14:57   Link #77
sa547
*Author

Another change I noticed: what was once the OP was now made the ED.
Old 2011-03-10, 15:05   Link #78
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I've withheld posting about this series thus far (mostly because I refuse to touch the eternal QB debate with a 39.5 foot pole), but this episode brings me out from lurking simply because it is both ridiculously awesome and explains almost everything that has been conjectured upon since the show's inception.

The problem, as I see it, is I don't think there's a resolution to the entire problem within the parameters of what Homura wished for when she became an MG. In her own words, as best as I can translate them, her wish went like this:

"I want to re-do my first meeting with Kaname-san. Not as a version of me who can't protect her, but as a version of me who can protect her."

As has been said all along, and here confirmed, Homura's wish deals only with her desire to protect Madoka. There are two major problems I see with this, then, with regards to any "good" outcome for the series.

1) If the "best end" resolution involves everyone surviving, it's not going to happen by Homura's doing. So far she hasn't even managed to save Madoka from her fate, let alone adding 3 other MGs to the mix. Nevermind that her wish is only with regards to protecting Madoka. That does not implicitly include Mami, Sayaka, and Kyoko. You could infer that saving Madoka means saving them as well, but Homura has very clearly shown us over the course of the series that she would rather try to convince Madoka to sever her ties to them entirely rather than waste her time and energy trying to keep them alive.

2) Even if Homura could totally prevent Madoka from becoming an MG, the world would still be screwed since she does not have the power or ability to take down Walpurgis on her own. So either Homura saves Madoka and the world ends by Walpurgis, or they take down Walpurgis and Madoka ushers in the Apocalypse herself. This is further complicated by my first point since not only has Homura shown no interest in saving the others, but there has so far been no instance where they've all made it to Walpurgis alive anyway.

So either Homura stays in her "Endless Eight" loop until she gets a favorable outcome (an unlikely but possible "end"), Madoka reverses Homura's wish and resets things back to how they were before Homura's wish (somewhat more feasible ending but doesn't really solve anything since it's just resetting the cycle to 0), or someone else entirely resolves the issue and saves them both from their self-imposed damnation (the highly improbable "best end" in my book.) At this point I think hoping that Madoka finds a non-contractual method of becoming an MG is out of the question (though if it does happen I will be quite happy to be proven wrong.)

This series has been excellent so far but these last few episodes have just topped each other one after the other. I can't wait to see what's next. 10/10 for this episode and possibly for the series as a whole, pending its resolution of course.

Edit: So here's the brain-bender that makes me think I might be onto something with my idea that Madoka wishes everything back to how it was before Homura's wish. We now know what all the other girls wished for to become MGs. What did Madoka wish for, then, when she was one?

Last edited by DJLowrider; 2011-03-10 at 15:23. Reason: Riddle me this...
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 15:19   Link #79
MartianMage

Looks like I'm gonna enjoy this episode. Turning in for the night now and I hope subs are out by the time I'm awake.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 15:33   Link #80
CainSonozaki

just 5 minutes into a raw version

Spoiler for ep 10:

ill rate when i see it subbed
Right now the time where magic advents.
I am Beatrice-sama! Ahaha"
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka magica, time travel