Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-04-08, 22:20   Link #1561
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger Zonvolt View Post
39 with multiple forms is not bad, as long as all of them are full unique characters.
I can't imagine VF-25 super pack will play that differently than the full armor.

And the problem is that we won't even get 39. Nu is the only unit from CCA, which means we are down to 37 at the very most. I can only think of 2 units from Aquarion and FMP that brings us down to 35.

In any case, I hope 1-3 is a rough average or estimates of some sort, where some series will get more and some will get less. I would hate to see Geass finally making making it to an awesome game like this only to be limited to 3 out of the countless awesome frames
Old 2010-04-08, 22:25   Link #1562
Socke
Banned

It is really sad that most of Gundam games that Western gamers ever played are the crappy ones. They never able to play the more decent ones as Bandai is too lazy to translate them. Perhaps their biggest curse is they were made by Bandai, a toy company.
Socke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 22:34   Link #1563
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socke View Post
It is really sad that most of Gundam games that Western gamers ever played are the crappy ones. They never able to play the more decent ones as they are too lazy to learn Japanese.
Fixed

It's just soooo easy to point the finger at somebody else instead of doing something about it
Old 2010-04-08, 22:42   Link #1564
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbore View Post
How tall is King Gainer? IIRC, Knightmare Frames are only 4m tall
That's quite surprising lol, seeing that they are nowhere as short as 4m, even Lancelot, which I just checked to be 5 meters.

King Gainer never had any official height, he goes from like 5 meters 10 meters tall in the show. One moment he could fit in a room, the next, he is taller than a street light. Its torso make up the cockpit, which is the height of an average person.

I guess we won't know how tall they are compared to each other until the game.

EDIT: And yes, people should learn Japanese to play Japanese games.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:13   Link #1565
Socke
Banned

I hate to say this but I'm not going to learn Japanese simply just want to play games. For me that just a loser strategy, as you can't beat them, join them. I believe Bandai CAN bring some good Gundam games to the Western market but unfortunately they refused because they afraid those games may not sell well despite having potential of critical(not financial) success. Instead they bring us some crappy Gundam games like Musou and Battle Assault series. Those are the biggest blasphemy to Gundam mythology.

No offense to fans but I just can't stand some Japanophile gamers who hated every good games that aren't made by the Japanese like God of War for example. I also hates every Western gamers that hate Japanese games too.
Socke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:17   Link #1566
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Zeon vs Federation, 0079: Rise from the Ashes, Zeonic Front, and Encounters in Space are all good games.

So I don't really understand what your getting at, they brought over alot of Gundam games.
Old 2010-04-08, 23:22   Link #1567
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
I hate to say this but I'm not going to learn Japanese simply just want to play games. For me that just a loser strategy, as you can't beat them, join them. I believe Bandai CAN bring some good Gundam games to the Western market but unfortunately they refused because they afraid those games may not sell well despite having potential of critical(not financial) success. Instead they bring us some crappy Gundam games like Musou and Battle Assault series. Those are the biggest blasphemy to Gundam mythology.

No offense to fans but I just can't stand some Japanophile gamers who hated every good games that aren't made by the Japanese like God of War for example. I also hates every Western gamers that hate Japanese games too.
You're the one at loss for not being able to enjoy Japanese games.

And learning Japanese to play games has nothing to do with hating Western games. If you have such an opinion, its your own misconception. In fact it sounds like it happens more the other way round, loving Western games so much that one refuses to play Japanese games.

There are lots of us on this forum who plays both Western and Japanese games, bringing up your opinion here makes no point at all.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:49   Link #1568
Hellbore

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
That's quite surprising lol, seeing that they are nowhere as short as 4m, even Lancelot, which I just checked to be 5 meters.

King Gainer never had any official height, he goes from like 5 meters 10 meters tall in the show. One moment he could fit in a room, the next, he is taller than a street light. Its torso make up the cockpit, which is the height of an average person.

I guess we won't know how tall they are compared to each other until the game.
4.49m to be exact (Source), and according to what I can find Arm Slaves are 8m on average and you yourself said that King Gainer's height was inconsitent.

But agreed, waiting for the game. Damn looks good on PS3

On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 00:49   Link #1569
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

Your crappy Gundam games actually sell better than those games you love, sad to say.
Beside, it's your loss anyway. People who refuse to take a step forward and only wait for other to change to fit their need won't get the good things anyway.

I don't see how it's loser strategy to lear Japanese, really. You think you should take a stance and show Bandai how important the customers outside of Japan, but sadly, they don't even care about you guys. I myself pretty sure that game like GGene Spirit/Wars won't sell nearly as good as Gundam Musou, although being a Musou series hater myself.

Lastly, learning Japanese will earn you much more benefit than just for "playing a game". At least for me, it will.
Old 2010-04-09, 03:54   Link #1570
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
It is really sad that most of Gundam games that Western gamers ever played are the crappy ones. They never able to play the more decent ones as Bandai is too lazy to translate them. Perhaps their biggest curse is they were made by Bandai, a toy company.
I can't believe you actually like anime, if you did you'd know more about bandai...
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 08:47   Link #1571
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Eventhough i don't know Japanese language,i find that Japanese gundam game are easy to learn & play.I myself even play many Japanese language SRW & other gundam RPG & win some of it. Heck,some people on GameFaqs even post translation for menu,etc. so it won't be such a problem.
Old 2010-04-09, 17:21   Link #1572
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Yeah, I'm playing SD Gundam G Generation Wars, and I barely know any spoken Japanese and no written Japanese (although I can read kana, so I can get almost all of the names). Between experience from playing, gamefaq, and the corresponding wikia, I'm getting most of it. Except the story.
Old 2010-04-09, 19:09   Link #1573
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Which it has none.
Old 2010-04-09, 19:14   Link #1574
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Well it does have some funny interactions. Some are copied straight from the anime so I get those, and one is plainly obvious Rau Le Cruest being confused after finding the wrong legged ship, but there are other scenes that I miss the significance of.
Old 2010-04-10, 16:38   Link #1575
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Zeon vs Federation, 0079: Rise from the Ashes, Zeonic Front, and Encounters in Space are all good games.

So I don't really understand what your getting at, they brought over alot of Gundam games.
And Gihren's Greed beats them all out for sheer depth.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 19:54   Link #1576
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

They brought over Gihren's Greed?
Old 2010-04-10, 20:17   Link #1577
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:

Mobile Ops was not
Battlefield Record was not
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 00:01   Link #1578
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I believe "a lot" doesn't mean "every".
Old 2010-04-11, 00:07   Link #1579
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I believe "a lot" doesn't mean "every".
They should of been though. I know those two are probably better than half the games they released here. Especially Battlefield Record.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 00:32   Link #1580
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Mobile Ops looked pretty terrible though, 0081 on the other hand, I'm importing that soon, only heard postive things on it.