AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-04, 16:37   Link #341
Blademun

Quote:
I've gotta say though, the anime has really made me realize how much of an insensitive jerk Sumika is; she's constantly flat out ignoring the feelings and conversation of people around her. I mean, for christ's sake, people are trying to talk to you. The overwhelming duplicity behind 'Sumi-chan's' vague grunt and smile in response to a question directed specifically at her was kinda sickening. I get that she's pining for her soulmate and all, but goddamn--when she's in the midst of a -two day- annual visit with people who obviously care about her, would it kill her to show some consideration and sincerity?
All kids are insensitive jerks. Ironically they are good at calling others out on it but don't recognize it when they are doing it themselves. Thats called immaturity. That's also what made me really respect the storytelling and character crafting of Sasameki Koto. These aren't 14 yr old girls acting like 30 yr old super spys, these are 16 yr old girls acting their age.

Also... young lesbians behave exactly like these two. I was friends with a few (despite being a guy o.0) in highschool . I remember, 2 girls in particular and their back and forth relationship. Somehow I got involved...even if I was never loved it was really sweet to have been able to see their love bloom before my eyes.
Blademun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 22:18   Link #342
FateAnomaly

^I agree too. Teenagers are like that.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 00:22   Link #343
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

anywho, i really hope they introduce some other characters. especially Kun. the first time i saw her in the manga, i was like wtf!!!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 12:07   Link #344
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I've been waiting on the new episode after watching Kimi no Todoke yesterday. I just remembered that it ended already. I'm so sad. I want a second season already. xD
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 14:55   Link #345
Lime soda

As the show went on and reached the end, I found out that I didn't care much about the development of Sumika and Kazama's relationship. Whether they get together or not, if one of them realizes each other feelings, etc.

Their friendship was always so odd to me. I didn't get a feel of their Best friends relationship because the way Sumika acts around Kazama. They care alot for each other but whenever I see them interacting, I find something lacking. Maybe it's because we see Sumika thoughts in yuri love mode on default.

I never read the manga. But despite what I said, I still think it's a good show. I probably ended up disliking Sumika a little.
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 15:44   Link #346
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the foundation of their awkward relationship is explained in the manga. which is why a lot of us want a second season.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 01:18   Link #347
klare

finally finished it... the ending is like their relationship back to square one but maybe with Kazama realised how important is Sumi for her

overall apart from a bit slow-paced sometime, the show is balance with comedy and touching moments, i rated it 7/10

my favourite char is Sumi-chan, even tho i feel a bit pity for Akemi

i feel it is ok if no season 2 is coming
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 16:50   Link #348
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I just finished the series today, and I really enjoyed it had a great balance of Comedy, and slice of life in it. I'd give a 9/10 but I am bit bias since it falls into genres I love. Though I really hope there is second season cause the ending didn't really feel like an ending to me.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 17:24   Link #349
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Though I really hope there is second season cause the ending didn't really feel like an ending to me.
Sounds to me that you should start reading the manga then. You'd love it.
Old 2010-02-08, 20:39   Link #350
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Sounds to me that you should start reading the manga then. You'd love it.
How much more material is in the manga currently or is finished, and what volume/chapter did the anime leave off in?
MAL
Old 2010-02-08, 21:13   Link #351
Sol Falling

The anime was basically one chapter per episode, with one anime-original episode, leaving off at chapter 12, while the manga scanlations have gone as far as chapter 28 right now (still on-going--mm, and come to think of it--probably no end in sight for quite a while yet).

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2010-02-08 at 23:05. Reason: one
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 21:56   Link #352
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The anime was basically on chapter per episode, with one anime-original episode, leaving off at chapter 12, while the manga scanlations have gone as far as chapter 28 right now (still on-going--mm, and come to think of it--probably no end in sight for quite a while yet).
Hmmm, if it's like that I'll get around to it when I have time then xD.
MAL
Old 2010-10-30, 08:26   Link #353
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

me wants a 2nd season!! xD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 08:28   Link #354
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
read the manga while you wait for the 2nd seasons..
there's tons of development happening there..
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 17:17   Link #355
Sumeragi
Banned

I wonder when the second season comes around. The original manga was the most perfect gem in yuridom.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 17:30   Link #356
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I wonder when the second season comes around. The original manga was the most perfect gem in yuridom.
The manga was great, but this anime flopped so hard it would be a miracle if it ever gets a second season.

Tags
seinen, yuri