AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-19, 06:05   Link #1
eternal

Anime that contains shoujo-ai vibe

Hi there,recently i've been very into shoujo ai series...and i love this little emotional relationship,friendship. I hate yuri cause it's like hentai to me,i prefer shoujo-ai as it's pure.

These are the ones i have seen,though not all of its genre belongs to shoujo ai,however,i just count it in as long it gaves a single little hint,and please tell me any anime that has it too! P-L-E-A-S-E,i beg of you!

1)Noir
2)Madlax
3)yami to boushi to hon no tabitito =>shoujo ai
4)Maria sama ga miteru => definitely shoujo-ai

I heard that love hina has a lot of kissing scene,i will think it's more to friendship. Also,what about excel saga?

<edited byt Mod (xris)... deleted...>,i would like u guys recommend me shoujo ai series such as Love hina,Madlax,Noir...plain shoujo-ai without much story is a little boring,for example maria sama ga miteru,too plain,sorry to say this,i'm also a fan of this series though.

Last edited by xris; 2004-08-19 at 06:46. Reason: Read the rules otherwise the thread will be deleted!
Old 2004-08-19, 06:28   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Baku Ten => quite some shoujo-ai overtone
Jubei-chan 2 => ditto
I don't know about shoujo-ai in Excel Saga, but Puni Puni Poemi is definitely full of it XD
Old 2004-08-19, 06:38   Link #3
eternal

i heard that ppuni puni poemi is like hentai yuri...

jubei chan-ditto? what that means? i'm sorry,i weren't that good in English
Old 2004-08-19, 11:35   Link #4
Kensuke

Sailor Moon - licensed, except the last season, you can download it from animesuki: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/300.html
Revolutionary Girl Utena - licensed

In addition, My Hime could also contain shoujo-ai in some degree. At least it has divine music by Kajiura Yuki, she also did music to Noir and Madlax.
First episode airs september 30th, I believe.
Screenshot from promo:
Old 2004-08-19, 11:51   Link #5
hooliganj
Team Player

'Ditto' means 'also', so they're saying 'Jubei-chan 2 also has shoujo-ai overtones.'

I couldn't really tell from the original post, but if you enjoy Maria-sama ga Miteru, then you should also check out Oniisama E, also known as Brother Dear Brother. Despite the title, there are a lot of shoujo-ai themes, although few go beyond a relationship of healthy respect and admiration. It has more story to it than MariMite, even if it is soap-opera style.
Old 2004-08-19, 17:59   Link #6
Zipi-2
God

Send a message via ICQ to Zipi-2
hmmmm whats shoujo-ai?
Old 2004-08-19, 18:38   Link #7
Ialdaboth

Yuri light.

And I would add Devilman Lady to the list (and maybe Plastic Little).
Old 2004-08-19, 23:33   Link #8
mememe
hmmm baka

Send a message via MSN to mememe
Quote:
Originally posted by Zipi-2
hmmmm whats shoujo-ai?
girl on girl
Old 2004-08-20, 02:17   Link #9
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

2x2=Shinobuden: fairly (ok very) new, there's quite a few shoujo-ai insinuations between Shinobu and Kaede
and you can't forget Girls BRAVO...Kosame's more than friendly infatuation with Kirie
Old 2004-08-20, 04:00   Link #10
eternal

well is my hime nice? IS it a new anime? No info of this anime can be found.....

Actually, i kinda like fanservice,like umm a girl dare her friend to kiss her,and her friend did,to her schocked......she blushes,saying nothing,with wide eyes open

if u get the picture,that's the kind i want
Old 2004-08-20, 04:48   Link #11
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Hrm, can't help you too much in the strict shoujo-ai with no story department...but I can give you fairly decent recommendations that have the undertones...

Vandread: Between the fact that Jura and Barnett are 'involved' and an all-around general feel of the whole women's side of things, you get plenty of shoujo-ai vibes...

Onegai Twins: Fairly low-key on the vibing here, but still go an undertone for it.

Jubei-Chan 2: The relationship between the two Jubei's is quite enough pulsating vibe...but there is a fairly involved story there, so I dunno.

Hanaukyo Maids Tai La Virete: The liscensed remake has a specific character emotionally attached to another specific character, but I won't name names :P

Puni Puni Poemi: Want no story but shoujo-ai feel? Best bet is to start here...same Excel Saga mindless wackiness.

Steel Angel Kurumi: And the ilk, Saki has her eternal feelings for Kurumi.....kinda blatant in many, many episodes.

Sadly if you want to download, every one of the above are liscensed, and only a few of them have been released and/or completed. I believe SAK and Vandread are the only two that have been completely released with the others either coming soon or in progress.
Old 2004-08-20, 14:32   Link #12
eternal

aha,i've seen u in anime-forums before,ur kimi ga nozomi eien avatar,nice!

ermmm..i would prefer something more to yami to boushi to hon no tabitito,shoujo ai told in shounen way...get what i mean?

and ughh puni puni poemi is gross...i can't stand until i watch the 1st 10 minutes....

what? u mean excel saga is insane as puni puni poemi? no,plz dun disappoing me,i'm putting great hope in this series
Old 2004-08-20, 15:42   Link #13
dreamless

you can also try Avenger and .hack//SIGN (although in .hack//SIGN it's hidden...)

oh, and there is Kiddy Grade, definitely shoujo-ai to the extreme!!!
Old 2004-08-20, 16:05   Link #14
Katsushiro
The 5th

Send a message via AIM to Katsushiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal
what? u mean excel saga is insane as puni puni poemi? no,plz dun disappoing me,i'm putting great hope in this series
Excel Saga will drive your sanity up the wall, then back down the wall again. Then your sanity will run out the window and down the street to the grocery store, where it will get arrested for doing {CENSORED} in the corner. After a lengthy evaluation, your sanity will be carted off to the funny farm ...and then be released on good behavior ...and then sent back down the street and through your door ...only to repeat the cycle over and over again!

Yeah....and Puni Puni Poemi is Excel Saga on steroids....The creator claims Excel Saga was too calm and thats why he made Puni Puni Poemi... They're both good seris that should be recomended

BE WARNED, THE FIRST 20 MINUTES OF EXCEL SAGA WILL MAKE NO SENSE TO YOU, ITS NOT SUPPOSE TOO
Old 2004-08-21, 06:15   Link #15
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsushiro
Excel Saga will drive your sanity up the wall, then back down the wall again. Then your sanity will run out the window and down the street to the grocery store, where it will get arrested for doing {CENSORED} in the corner. After a lengthy evaluation, your sanity will be carted off to the funny farm ...and then be released on good behavior ...and then sent back down the street and through your door ...only to repeat the cycle over and over again!

Yeah....and Puni Puni Poemi is Excel Saga on steroids....The creator claims Excel Saga was too calm and thats why he made Puni Puni Poemi... They're both good seris that should be recomended

BE WARNED, THE FIRST 20 MINUTES OF EXCEL SAGA WILL MAKE NO SENSE TO YOU, ITS NOT SUPPOSE TOO
Personally I like the bowling episode best, great visuals and parody...

Hmm... for shoujo-ai, there's also Azumanga Daioh, lots of girls... actually lots of abnormal girls... and abnormal things... and Kaorin is obviously in love with Sakaki XD
Old 2004-08-21, 09:41   Link #16
eternal

Who's the pairing in the EVA series again?

is rei involved?
Old 2004-08-21, 17:40   Link #17
dreamless

tion
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal
Who's the pairing in the EVA series again?

is rei involved?
no, it's Maya and Ritsuko I think...

oh, and KURAU Phantom Memory is a new series with some shoujo-ai theme... shoujo-ai is so popular nowadays

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-08-22 at 07:03.
Old 2004-08-22, 09:25   Link #18
eternal

could u tell me a little bit bout kurau phantom memory ? just provide some evindenc on the shoujo ai would be enough

yah..i like shoujo ai very much....heck,no one ever mention yami to boushi to hon no tabitito? i meant,no one add a comment like "U've got my mind,yamibou is darn good!"
Old 2004-08-22, 10:27   Link #19
dreamless

I think yamibou is absolutely FANTASTIC, but since you already mentioned it, I guess no one else mention it because this is a "suggestion" thread...

about KURAU and shoujo-ai, I think the picture at the official site should be enough evidence

http://www.kurau.net/

(yes there are two girls hugging each other... yes I know one of them looks like a man but oh well )
Old 2004-08-23, 01:47   Link #20
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I think yamibou is absolutely FANTASTIC, but since you already mentioned it, I guess no one else mention it because this is a "suggestion" thread...

about KURAU and shoujo-ai, I think the picture at the official site should be enough evidence

http://www.kurau.net/

(yes there are two girls hugging each other... yes I know one of them looks like a man but oh well )
Sorry to break the illusion, but they're sisters. They are very close, but only in a sisterly way.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread