AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 04:34   Link #61
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
Buffwhite devices filter out brainwaves of specific people so you can add important persons whose thoughts you don't want read to the block list.
This was after Unit 00 though correct? If it was before, they would wish that they had implemented it on a certain horny savior...

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 06:40   Link #62
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
This was after Unit 00 though correct? If it was before, they would wish that they had implemented it on a certain horny savior...
Its Meiya! there is no sane person that will not be horny for her!!! or is there a crazy guy that doesn't like the girl? I will bring on the full armada to blast that person
Old 2012-11-01, 07:06   Link #63
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Well not to sure if the buff white devices totally blocked Sumika's reading on Takeru , for i think she get an inkling, what Takeru is feeling the moment he meet with at the px Meiya , Ayamine Chizuru etc .... (Seriously ..... even Tama , Mikoto too .....the power of the Loli and DFC imouto must be strong on this two ..... For the bratty savior not to resist ......
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 07:18   Link #64
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
She could probably detect that there was a strong mental reaction to Takeru introducing each of them to Sumika but could not discern the exact reading.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 08:55   Link #65
Raviel

I'm not sure if this should go here but.........are the Raptor's stealth capabilities useful against the BETA or did the US just add them with the expectation that they might come up against other TSFs?

Also, do the Raptors carry nothing but Assault Cannons into battle or can they be fitted with heavier firepower when the need arises?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 09:14   Link #66
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I'm not sure if this should go here but.........are the Raptor's stealth capabilities useful against the BETA or did the US just add them with the expectation that they might come up against other TSFs?

Also, do the Raptors carry nothing but Assault Cannons into battle or can they be fitted with heavier firepower when the need arises?
Stealth is useless against the BETA. The US expects that they'll fight with other TSFs someday.

Nope, as far as I know, Raptors can only use assault cannons and knives. Probably Melee Halberds too.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 19:41   Link #67
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Raptor's can't carry melee halberds. Only the YF-23 could do that (and consequently it had its own blade designed made just for it), but hence it was rejected, melee halberds are not used by U.S military.

The only U.S craft that can carry them are licensed and modified versions of U.S craft, like the MiG-21 (F-4R), Type-89 Kagerou (F-15J), F-5G/E/I Tornado and J-10/Lavi (F-16) - but none of those is employed by American forces proper.

"Heavier firepower" would usually include missiles, and I'm pretty sure that Raptor could potentially carry some sort of missile containers. However, there aren't any "bigger" TSF armaments, excluding the 1200mm Trans-Horizon Cannon (which is a prototype, and mothballed in Yokohama) and EU's Mk.57 Assault guns, which due to politicking aren't really being exported.

Do keep in mind though, that standard caliber for TSF weaponry is a 36mm chaingun with coaxial 120mm smoothbore cannon (AC130 carriers a 105mm by comparison), so that's usually more then enough to kill any single specimen.

Regarding buffwhite devices, I wonder just why Yuuko couldn't equip Unit-00 with those earlier, given that 00 was about as stable as my old Windows 98.

It also makes you wonder if Inia and Cryska's clips are really amplifiers. Given what they did with Zhar, it wouldn't be surprising if Soviets are normally restraining them, kind of like chained Cerberus.

It would explain why Cryska wasn't able to get back at those brats from Zhar at the beginning of Kamchatka arc.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 22:08   Link #68
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Conventional stealth measures, which the Raptor and Black Widow II were equipped with, are ineffective against BETA; nobody is sure just what or how the BETA detect targets, but it's been observed that BETA targeting priority is skewed towards the more high tech items; hence TSFs have higher priority than artillery shells. (My personal theory is that they home in on the EM emissions produced by computers, which is supported by Yui's statement that BETA find powerful computers irresistible, and Yuuya causing a feeding frenzy after he exposed the Type-99's Core Module.)

The Advanced Tactical Surface Fighter Project assumed that within several decades the war with BETA would be over, and the nations of the world would be fighting each other for G-Elements. As such, the Raptor's stealth is geared towards fighting TSFs and other human opponents, though as The Day After shows it is possible to negate some of those advantages if you can prepare the battlefield in advance.

A common misconception is that the Raptor's stealth is superior to the Black Widow II; this is not the case, as according to TSFiA #08 Question of Honor, both TSFs had similar levels of stealth. The Black Widow II was also superior to the Raptor in anti-BETA, anti-TSF and hive infiltration. The Raptor was however easier on both the logistics, price, and fitting in with US doctrine (it's essentially do everything you did in the Eagle, but much better).

Also, while the nations of the world condemn the US for being backstabbing asshats with stealth fighters, Boening is marketing the F-15SE Silent Eagle as an upgraded Eagle with stealth features, and at least one nation was interested enough to purchase twelve examples for test and OPEVAL purposes.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 17:29   Link #69
DoomRavager

Quote:

Raptor stealth includes minimal radar cross-section, suppressed IR and noise emissions and reduced walking ground vibrations. They do basically nothing to help against the BETA but the US is foreseeing a new G-element based arms race after the end of the BETA war, so it's starting to build stealth fighters as a trump card for when that happens. Since stealth TSFs would be great use against any human machine of war that relies on radar, IR, noise, ground vibration etc. to find and kill the target, not just other TSFs.

Raptors have only been shown carrying assault cannons thus far, but at a guess they can probably be outfitted with missiles if need be.
DoomRavager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 04:50   Link #70
jwai

What are the odds that the art and animation will get fixed up in the DVD/BD release?
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 13:07   Link #71
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
What are the odds that the art and animation will get fixed up in the DVD/BD release?
There have already been quite a few fixes done for the second BD volume.
Here's an /m/ thread where most of the differences have been capped.
http://archive.foolz.us/m/thread/8388388/#q8390396
Warning, one or two may be NSFW by virtue of shower/bath scenes.

BD2 also got some fixups, though less extensive.
A few of them are posted here, though not all.
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/72273523/#72284757
DoomRavager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 06:22   Link #72
ryan55

Hi, i just checked youtube but wanted to check, those are the new op's right?
ryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 08:18   Link #73
G147

@Ryan. What are "those"?
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 03:10   Link #74
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
@Ryan. What are "those"?
I believe this is the song:
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 11:16   Link #75
Maverick05

Sorry to bother, but I have a question: Why was the series called "Total eclipse"? What is the symbolism or meaning of it?
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 18:59   Link #76
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
Sorry to bother, but I have a question: Why was the series called "Total eclipse"? What is the symbolism or meaning of it?
So far all we have is only when Sandek mentions the "Polnoye Zatmeniye Plan" (Russian for total eclipse)several times within the last few episodes. the true answer will probably have to wait for the VN.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 19:14   Link #77
Ghanw
(-_-)

Hello just started watching the TE anime and i am lost with the whole entire series, so could someone care to explain what happens from the start of this series (Muv Luv) to all the sequals and how does TE tie in with the story ? Also about the anime was that an anime original ending or will the true ending be revealed in the VN?
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 19:22   Link #78
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
Hello just started watching the TE anime and i am lost with the whole entire series, so could someone care to explain what happens from the start of this series (Muv Luv) to all the sequals and how does TE tie in with the story ? Also about the anime was that an anime original ending or will the true ending be revealed in the VN?
Well, to explain everything would ruin everything, so I'll refrain from doing that.

The main trilogy in Muv Luv is broken up as follows: Extra -> Unlimited (these two come as one game/VN) -> Alternative. Total Eclipse is a side story from the Alternative world (the BETA filled one shown in TE). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe TE ends a little bit before the finale of the trilogy, Alternative, begins.

As for the anime, I believe that while some aspects of the ending were anime original, it still was pretty similar to the point where the novels stopped being published at. Nonetheless, the "true" or canonical ending will be revealed in the soon to be released VN.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 19:25   Link #79
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Aphrah's explanation is mostly correct, save TE ends just a few weeks before Alternative begins.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 19:27   Link #80
Ghanw
(-_-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Well, to explain everything would ruin everything, so I'll refrain from doing that.

The main trilogy in Muv Luv is broken up as follows: Extra -> Unlimited (these two come as one game/VN) -> Alternative. Total Eclipse is a side story from the Alternative world (the BETA filled one shown in TE). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe TE ends a little bit before the finale of the trilogy, Alternative, begins.

As for the anime, I believe that while some aspects of the ending were anime original, it still was pretty similar to the point where the novels stopped being published at. Nonetheless, the "true" or canonical ending will be revealed in the soon to be released VN.
Thank you very much for the information!
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a