AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-03-02, 10:46   Link #561
Ladiusman

Dang, the anime is confirmed to end this month with the Farewell Shinsengumi arc. Now what am I gonna look forward to every Wednesday?

Still, that's a pretty good place to end it at...sorta.

Proof from 4chan:

Quote:
>http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/hikkoshi/index2.html
Gintama is confirmed will be ending this month. Starting this April, the new Battle Spirits series is moving to Gintama timeslot instead of using the previous Battle Spirits timeslot and the previous Battle Spirits timeslot will be used for Sousei no Onmyouji.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-02, 10:56   Link #562
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Damn, I thought they will go full speed ahead and conclude just as the manga does though I have no idea where the manga is at now.

When Mountain Zaki appeared, I didn't recognize it was Yamazaki and I thought why the production team will give this quirky voice to him along with that appearance
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-02, 11:03   Link #563
Ladiusman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
Damn, I thought they will go full speed ahead and conclude just as the manga does though I have no idea where the manga is at now.

When Mountain Zaki appeared, I didn't recognize it was Yamazaki and I thought why the production team will give this quirky voice to him along with that appearance
Oh, the manga is still faaaar from finishing. The current arc is still ongoing like...halfway through?
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-02, 14:09   Link #564
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiusman View Post
Oh, the manga is still faaaar from finishing. The current arc is still ongoing like...halfway through?
I would guess it's in the middle.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-02, 16:28   Link #565
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Elizabeth and Shimaru were based in this episode. I had actually forgotten about that little scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiusman View Post
Dang, the anime is confirmed to end this month with the Farewell Shinsengumi arc. Now what am I gonna look forward to every Wednesday?

Still, that's a pretty good place to end it at...sorta.

Proof from 4chan:
That sucks. At least we still have the manga... for now.
Old 2016-03-03, 08:41   Link #566
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

ost is out, fucking glorious, i find it as good as kekkai sensen and better than even FSN
Old 2016-03-03, 15:00   Link #567
BPD Renegade

^ Completely forgot that it came out the other day. Pre-ordered it a while back, but it still hasn't shipped yet, so I'm going to be a pessimist and not expect my copy until May. :/

All this talk about the anime ending though... I guess this means we might not see the next (and most likely last) season until after the manga ends. Seriously though, the first eight chapters of the arc in 3.5 episodes, and the rest of the arc which spans nineteen chapters in five? Sure there's a lot of action, but there is quite a bit of dialogue as well. The arc started out so well, I don't want it to suffer the same pacing issue as the previous arc did.

The animation quality of this episode was a step down from last week's half episode though, so this decision is probably for the best. Budget recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That sucks. At least we still have the manga... for now.
That hurts man...
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 15:43   Link #568
grecefar

too bad is going to end, but it has been two hell of an arcs that I enjoyed.

I was surprised with mountaim yamazaki xD
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 23:50   Link #569
coded321
He Who Games

it seems that the manga will be entering its final arc this year.
http://http://www.animenewsnetwork.c...in-2016/.99405
are they ever going to animate the love potion arc or the kagura's boyfriend?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 02:35   Link #570
BPD Renegade

^ Old news man. You should go to the manga thread for talk of Sugita and the state of his hair.

Love potion is being released later this year as a two-part OVA bundled with manga volumes 65 and 66. You can pre-order the first part with volume 65 here. The volume 66 bundle will be out in November.

As for Kagura's bf... Cross your fingers for either more OVA releases or a side season of some sort.
Old 2016-03-09, 08:44   Link #571
Seihai
スマイリウム

Being a policeman in white is suffering.
Old 2016-03-09, 11:44   Link #572
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Being a policeman in white is suffering.
Especially if you have a long face. Who would have thought Sasaki would have such a tragic backstory?

I was disappointed the anime cut down so much of the explanation behind Sasaki's actions. I hope anime only watchers will still be able to understand him properly.
Old 2016-03-09, 14:18   Link #573
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I hope anime only watchers will still be able to understand him properly.
I honestly had no problems doing so.

Can't put into words how damn depressing Sasaki's backstory is. ;___;

Last edited by Shiroth; 2016-03-09 at 14:35.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 17:34   Link #574
Peanutbutter

Storyboarding this episode wasn't easy, since there's quite a lot of jumping back and forth but overall it's decent.

Something does felt missing. I need to read the chapters again to find out what.

Honestly though, after all the plot, I'm still surprised that we are going into Isaburo/Nobume's backstory at this point.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 19:47   Link #575
grecefar

what the hell man... I'm tearing up here! ;-;
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 20:42   Link #576
BPD Renegade

As expected, quite a bit of text was cut out to cram four chapters into this episode. I recommend checking out chapters 539-540 to get a more detailed view of how involved Sasaki was with all the political machinations that were going on behind the scenes.

Anyway, looks like five chapters will be adapted next episode, and the last two will either go 4-2 or 3-3. In any case, I'm glad they'll slow down the end, although it would have been better if they had been able to give it an extra episode, because I'm fairly certain the pacing next episode is going to suffer and/or more content will be cut. Shouldn't have taken that holiday break, Banrise...
Old 2016-03-16, 09:19   Link #577
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

the pacing was so fast
Old 2016-03-16, 09:49   Link #578
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I wish the Anime wasn't ending, I love this series. Hopefully they just mean taking a break since we are catching up to the manga, we want the Anime to have good pacing and Animation quality after all.

This Arc has been great.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 11:19   Link #579
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 314:
Old 2016-03-16, 14:09   Link #580
BPD Renegade

The bgm when Utsuro makes his appearance gave me chills. Altogether great music, especially in the latter half. I'm glad I went into this episode with lower expectations, because it didn't end up disappointing.

Gintoki's expression when Utsuro's face was revealed and thereafter was a mix of disbelief and distraught. It's all the more apparent how much this guy having Shouyo's face affects him, because he's been angry, etc., but never distraught, not even when Otose was cut down.

Props to Sugita as well. In the manga, when Gin asks who Utsuro is, it seems like he's speaking in a more suppressed or muted fashion due to the shock of it; but here, Sugita took another interpretation and had Gin scream out the last part of the line instead, which was very effective.

Tags
comedy, shounen