AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-04, 22:32   Link #1
Cldmani

Send a message via ICQ to Cldmani Send a message via AIM to Cldmani Send a message via MSN to Cldmani Send a message via Yahoo to Cldmani
Naruto MMORPG

Well hello..........kind a new here.........and i know few ppl here (by few i mean one >_<)......n e ways.......i spotted this over other forums and i thought it might interest u guys.......

Quote:
The Naruto MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) is a RPG that is currently being constructed for a planned release date of early 2004. This game will bring a whole new level of interaction never seen before in the Naruto community. Not only will your character be sent on missions he/she must complete to gain experience points and other vital stats, you will also be able to take on other human users in real time bouts.

This forum is mainly for suggestions on what you would like to see in the MMORPG and what you would not like to see in the MMORPG. I'm sure all suggestions will be taken into consideration by the team that is creating the game.

It should be mentioned that this MMORPG will be completely free, and will not require anything else other then an Internet connection.

All Naruto websites are encouraged to support NarutoRPG.com, as it will be a great place for interaction from website to website, and with the possibility of clan battles, a little friendly competition never hurt anyone

This RPG is located at NarutoRPG.com, any news will be posted on that webpage, NarutoFan.com, and also in this particular forum. I look forward to the day when all can go to NarutoRPG, where Naruto Fans come to play!
The site is kind a under construction..........and i can't wait for this.......enjoy
Cldmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 22:38   Link #2
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Sounds fun although I would need more information before I actually would think it would work. I guess I wont know until their website is up and running. MMORPG's take a lot of time, and bandwith. Most common people can't afford it. Also, copywrite laws might be being violated....not completely sure...
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 22:40   Link #3
DNE
Kyo!

WOAA! that'il be cool if we can have like clan battles etc, and like chunnin exams XD
DNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 22:49   Link #4
Kage_Bunshin

i'd definately invest time into playing a naruto MMORPG, it'd be an interesting challenge to be the best.. it would also prove that the top player has no life. haha. either way. i'd be down for that
Kage_Bunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 23:00   Link #5
eLstar
(^_^)v

I dunno, sounds cool but I probably wouldn't spend so much time on it.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 23:04   Link #6
Byakugan
krigakure assassin

This sounds really awsome i would love to play a naruto mmorpg. I'll even help spread the news. It sounds really cool and when it is finished maybe us at animesukio can start a clan. I would still like to have some info on how they plan to set up the battle systems, jutsus.taijutsu styales (fighting styles/hand to hand combat) and if you can create your charecter to look how you want.
Byakugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 23:25   Link #7
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
Not for a long time I bet, and such a thing would be pretty easy to bring to court.
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 23:44   Link #8
Cldmani

Send a message via ICQ to Cldmani Send a message via AIM to Cldmani Send a message via MSN to Cldmani Send a message via Yahoo to Cldmani
well i think the battle system would be something like Jedi Knight 2.......when u play online........and it probebly will be a cost game too........since the better servers = more money needed.............but i'll get a job and pay for the fee ^^..........but all i can do now is being a paper boy >_<
Old 2004-01-05, 00:39   Link #9
lanhuang

mmorpg???

If there is this naruto MMORPG i can say is.......................

I'm ecstatic i definitely will play, and further more i can train to be as strong as kakashi......

IF U WANT TO CHALLENGE MI TO BE HOKAGE......
I'LL WHIP U LIKE A DOG!
lanhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 02:02   Link #10
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
Being VERY familiar with the world of MMORPGs, all I can really say is: Not going to happen. At least, not as the kind of MMORPG everyone is likely imagining. Unless this is being funded by a fairly large corporation, dont expect much out of this except for maybe a text style MUD game.

Trust me, I am not saying this to be a prick or anything, as i really wish this would succeed, but a Naruto MMORPG, especially a FREE one, just isnt likely to happen as a fan project.

If you really want me to, i could go into a LOT more detail, but I will leave it at that.
SurfD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 07:56   Link #11
Cldmani

i kind a agree with u there Surf......if its a free game the servers will be shitty and lag all the time.......and if they are bought by a company (who ever buys and shows Naruto Series)..........they might be as i imagened but if its some who started then there is a slim chance it will be a bit crappy........
Old 2004-01-05, 10:37   Link #12
Stereo Ninja

Send a message via AIM to Stereo Ninja
I do agree with surf 100%. I've been playing mmorpgs for a long time (Lineage, Ultima Online, EQ, DAOC, now ff11) and I can't see how a FREE FAN made naruto rpg could work out. I've been anticipating a lot of fan made rpg's but they all usually don't work out because of dedicated servers or they need funding.

A Naruto MUD wouldn't be that bad. I'd play it if there was one.
Stereo Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 13:59   Link #13
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
Actually, a highly feasable idea for a naruto world with MMORPG like qualities would be a NWN Persistant world Naruto MOD. However, even that is a lot of work, because to make it realistic, you would need to make a bunch of completely new tile-sets (for oriental and narutoish looking buildings), plus a lot of models for stuff like characters, clothes and the like.

Still, something like that (where you already have a game engine to work with) would be a lot easier than making a full on MMORPG.
SurfD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 14:59   Link #14
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
too bad i bought FFXI or i might consider it.

FFXI will be much better.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 15:09   Link #15
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
See, the thing is these people making this MMORPG probably just dont have the resources to make it work. Yea sure, maybe they can get a good modeller for 3d models and a coder with the ability to make it. But the fact remains that they arent a big company with money to run hardcore FAST dedicated servers. Only thing that might work is making a mod for something and using that. Maybe something like that Army game (w/e its called) Yea its a FPS but your stats and stuff are saved from game to game or w/e so you could advance like that. Although, that would probably mean a client side save which always = hacking.
Old 2004-01-05, 15:44   Link #16
Cldmani

well there is a Naruto mod for HL2 that we r making........(me as a 2D artist).....but we r like dead now........the forums...........u can check it out if u want.......we got some models done and stuff

Demon Seal
Old 2004-01-05, 15:51   Link #17
Fast as light24
Claw Master

Send a message via AIM to Fast as light24
Naruto RPG huh......sounds neat, I will wait to see how it all turns out.....
Fast as light24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 16:05   Link #18
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

I would have prefered a first person shooter (but more like shooting knives or Shuriken and all) like Quake 3 cause if it as to be an RPG I meen the grafics would have to kick ass nice to make me play to it..
Old 2004-01-05, 18:09   Link #19
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

I am aware of the Naruto FPS, which has a MUCH better chance of actually working. MMORPG's require a lot more. I myself worked, am still am working on a mod for a game.
Old 2004-01-05, 18:35   Link #20
dimdog

Send a message via AIM to dimdog
......i had an idea for one............................................... .....yeah..lol
dimdog is offline   Reply With Quote