AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-04-07, 19:35   Link #221
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89 View Post
Well, it's not exactly a translation, since it shows up in the Japanese version next to the title. If anything it's a subtitle (you know, like Breath of Fire 5: Dragon Quarter or something). Hmm, should we really be calling it by its subtitle then?
The six tranlastions for the word Gotoku dont remotely mean Bultler . Speculating just maybe its an extension to the title as you said . I wouldnt be using the word 'subtitle' eventhough its correct as we watch subs we take subtitle as translation ^__^
Old 2007-04-07, 23:14   Link #222
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Oh dear god was this funny definitely comedy and a little ecchi. First let me say if those were my parents id work hard save of lots of money and have them killed. Im so looking forward to more the play on japanese words in the first episode was very well done even i got them with my limited japanese skillz.

best line in the episode

Hayata:"Mr Santa Clause why do you never bring presents to me?"

Santa: Because your family is poor."

I had to hit pause for like 5 min i was laughing so damn hard
Old 2007-04-07, 23:21   Link #223
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
best line in the episode

Hayata:" Santa San why do you never bring presents to me?"

Santa: Because your family is poor."

I had to hit pause for like 5 min i was laughing so damn hard
Yeah that cracked me up to , that was the funniest line of the show I second you . Best part was the way Chibi Hayate says Santa San . Also the part where Santa gives Hayate a fairly long lecture and concludes it with

" Even then I wont give you a present "
Old 2007-04-07, 23:26   Link #224
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Yeah that cracked me up to , that was the funniest line of the show I second you . Best part was the way Chibi Hayate says Santa San . Also the part where Santa gives Hayate a fairly long lecture and concludes it with

" Even then I wont give you a present "
me 2 LOL even if he kills himselft at work santa still wont give him gifts
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 23:30   Link #225
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
The six tranlastions for the word Gotoku dont remotely mean Bultler . Speculating just maybe its an extension to the title as you said . I wouldnt be using the word 'subtitle' eventhough its correct as we watch subs we take subtitle as translation ^__^
Thats why I think, that the "Combat Butler" part is more a sort of a Secondary title than a Subtitle.

BTW, this thread is going quite fast , I see potential in the discussions (the fast releases will help too).
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 23:38   Link #226
jpwong

Quote:
According to wiki its Comedy, Romance, Shōnen genre I agree with Romance Comedy but shonen ? .
If you've been reading the english manga releases, there seem to always be a few panels where they mention something like "you can't do that in a boys manga" type text.
Old 2007-04-07, 23:40   Link #227
LCeh

Hey Matt, I am just wondering, where did you find that fanart of Hinagiku? I have been looking for good Hayate material for sig/avatar/wallpapers, especially Hinagiku's cause she owns so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
If you've been reading the english manga releases, there seem to always be a few panels where they mention something like "you can't do that in a boys manga" type text.
Indeed. Those quotes that make references to the manga itself are hilarious, like "If you go any further, this manga will be banned!".
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 23:51   Link #228
wrex_japan

Hayate no Gotoku, ep. 2

Episode 2 screencaps and summary.

Hayate begins his work as a butler, but things don't go so smoothly...

I love Rie Kugimiya's voice acting as Nagi... I especially liked her giggling after fantasizing and the way she called the yakuza guy "Baldy" (hage). The guy was not really bald, but "hage" is used like, "idiot."

I'm really liking Maria too.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 23:54   Link #229
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Hey Matt, I am just wondering, where did you find that fanart of Hinagiku? I have been looking for good Hayate material for sig/avatar/wallpapers, especially Hinagiku's cause she owns so much.

Indeed. Those quotes that make references to the manga itself are hilarious, like "If you go any further, this manga will be banned!".
Or "Anymore of that, and it will be Copyright infringement!!!!!''

BTW, check your PM box
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 01:12   Link #230
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screenshot for Episode 2:

Oh my santa! If the first episode was funny, the second episode is just outrageous. In fact, this episode is <bleep> funny. Maria is fantastic. Wakamoto-san is awesome. Kugimiya Rie is having a ball with another adorable easily-misunderstood loli. I cried in this episode. The show just needs one more female to join the maid, and the spunky loli to complete the love rectangle. And for my own screenshot of the episode, I bring sparkles. As is my standard warning for any sparkles, use discretion...

Warning! Sparkles inside.

Spoiler:

I also had some choice words for Santa if I wasn't so attached to worldy materials delivered by him. I mean, just look at him.. so discriminatory..

P.S. Mentar-san, just so you know, the raw for the second episode is out. No pressure, yes? ahem... sorry for being such a spoiled leecher
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 01:24   Link #231
shiro83

Just saw the screenshots of episode 2.

And I saw references to Dutch and Revy from Black Lagoon...
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 01:35   Link #232
Honey_and_Cleaver

Sorry dudes, but im incompatible with this anime. I didint laugh through out the whole anime except i heard mechazawa's voice in the intro and the guy shouting out "Jitensha!!".

I dont know whether to feel sorry for him or to feel happy for him. I dont know if hes unfortunate or fortunate. I feel like its trying to be both at the sametime, in the end it just makes a hypocrisy out of it.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 01:36   Link #233
detective392

Even though this just started in japan does this show have a good chance of coming to america or is it one of thoes anime that has no hope of an american release?
detective392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 01:41   Link #234
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Even though this just started in japan does this show have a good chance of coming to america or is it one of thoes anime that has no hope of an american release?
Well, Viz is publishing the manga, so there might be a good chance it could come over.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 02:03   Link #235
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
I don't know whether to feel sorry for him or to feel happy for him. I don't know if hes unfortunate or fortunate. I feel like its trying to be both at the same time, in the end it just makes a hypocrisy out of it.
You got a point there. I'm utterly disgusted with his parents. I hope he shoots them if they ever dared to show their face in front of him during the course of this show. I would also have no objection if they meet any other form of cruel end. Everything else about this show is funny because of the hypocrisy. The show is funny simply because Hayate isn't dwelling on the hypocrisy of it all. Anyway, too bad it isn't your cup of tea.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 02:13   Link #236
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I'm utterly disgusted with his parents. I hope he shoots them if they ever dared to show their face in front of them.
Reminds me of Bimbou Shimai Monogatari. But i prefered Bimbou Shimai Monogatari . This anime has started with a happy ending. I watch the animes where people are heading to happiness, but this anime,the happy ending is where it starts.

Its just optimistic fairy tale kind of story, it can happen both ways in life, but it somehow makes me just a bit depressed than happy watching this kind of things.
Old 2007-04-08, 02:32   Link #237
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Reminds me of Bimbou Shimai Monogatari. But i prefered Bimbou Shimai Monogatari . This anime has started with a happy ending. I watch the animes where people are heading to happiness, but this anime,the happy ending is where it starts.

Its just optimistic fairy tale kind of story, it can happen both ways in life, but it somehow makes me just a bit depressed than happy watching this kind of things.
I think you may be taking this story a bit too seriously to enjoy this...

This is NOT the story of the penniless Hayate getting a second chance. It's the story of Hayate the butler with an excessively tragic past doing random and amusing things while working for the Sanzenin household, littered with random anime references and absurd 4th wall breaking jokes. This "World Masterpiece Theater" beginning (as the author called it) only serves to highlight the absurdity of Hayate's personality.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 02:57   Link #238
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89 View Post
This is NOT the story of the penniless Hayate getting a second chance. It's the story of Hayate the butler with an excessively tragic past doing random and amusing things while working for the Sanzenin household, littered with random anime references and absurd 4th wall breaking jokes. This "World Masterpiece Theater" beginning (as the author called it) only serves to highlight the absurdity of Hayate's personality.
Sorry, i dont get it. Anyway the blonde little girl is very cute. Me being her butler, id be in heaven already, shed turn my pain and suffering into masochism.
Old 2007-04-08, 03:24   Link #239
Asrialys

Quote:
Sorry, i dont get it. Anyway the blonde little girl is very cute. Me being her butler, id be in heaven already, shed turn my pain and suffering into masochism.
It's all just a joke.

Anyway...

Spoiler for can't wait for next week:
Old 2007-04-08, 03:59   Link #240
CrazyPerson

Quote:
What I think is that this story should be seen as Hayate and Nagi working towards understanding each other's feelings while bumping and crashing along, making mistakes in understanding each other. Along that way Hayate has to repay a debt avoid being killed in the process.

The part about the tragic beginning turning into something happy is like the beginning of some Simpson Episodes, funny, sets up the the show, but is almost completely unrelated to the the rest of the episode.
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp