AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-10-20, 07:12   Link #81
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Speaking of Schwalbe Graze, I think its “eye sensor” placement is a bit awkward. And the Wire Claw looks rather neat on the Barbatos (cannibalism is good ).

Spoiler for Schwalbe Graze & Barbatos' cannibalism of its wire claw. The MS only appeared in the OP so far.:
Old 2015-10-20, 20:06   Link #82
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade View Post
ever wondered about the origins of Akahiro's custom Graze?, is it made out of by Frankenstein both Orlis's & Crank's Graze? possibly Ein's too since in ep.1 Mika also successfully hacked off some of its parts including a portion of its head, then how they modify the cockpit controls to implement the Alaya-Vijnana sysytem, unless its like a foreshadowing that the Graze is somehow related to any of the 72 Gundams' designs hence allowing the reverse compatibility of the ancient Gundam with the present day Graze & the modification is equivalent of resurrecting 'lost art'.
Its already been confirmed in source material that the current new MS frames are extremely similar/derived from older MS frames (in particular the Gundam Type Frames)

So switching cockpits should be no more difficult than what they did for Barbatos
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 01:41   Link #83
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Its already been confirmed in source material that the current new MS frames are extremely similar/derived from older MS frames (in particular the Gundam Type Frames)

So switching cockpits should be no more difficult than what they did for Barbatos
It's not directly stated or confirmed but I think it's implied. There are some things we can guess that descendent from ancient MS, in particular the Alaya-Vijnana System. The HG Barbatos for example mentioned that all ancient mobile suits require an Organic Device System which the AVS is one. The similarity between the CGS Mobile Worker cockpit's AVS being compatible with the Barbatos does suggest this some extent. There's also things like the Man Rhodi looking extremely similar to Gundam Gusion, which may signal some sort of descendent/copies technology of sorts (assuming the Gundam Gusion's armor wasn't modified to look like Man Rhodi to begin with, which remains a possibility)

One thing we don't know is how far does the AVS needs to go for use. Is it required to integrate with the entire frame or is just something you install at the cockpit level with minimal additions afterwards? The reason why I bring this up is because the Graze unit the Tekkadan has wasn't built for use with AVS. It's different from Barbatos, which already has an AVS onboard the frame, just needed a cockpit that is also AVS compatible.

This means that if the AVS needs hardware to be installed at the entire frame, then they'll need to modify or install stuff throughout the Graze's body and that may be possible, but potentially difficult. This is especially true once we consider that mobile suits are way more expensive, much bigger and more complex than mobile workers, of which we have seen this done. Given how AVS is one of Tekkadan's unique advantages for the moment, I reckon they'll get it working on the Graze somehow for the story. It would just be interesting to see how the details of how that happens turn out.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2015-10-25 at 00:40.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 17:55   Link #84
Skye629

So it would seem from the Ep 5 preview that there will be a different coloration Graze for space use like the Leo (?, twin thrusters moved up to back too, to increase space performance)

A custom commander type Graze (painted too) for the rookie (who's name I cant recall) who survived when Crank pulled him out in Ep2?

And Barbatos with new/repainted shoulder armor
Old 2015-10-26, 04:06   Link #85
Zantetsuken

And with the cannon from the OP
Old 2015-10-26, 09:37   Link #86
The 48th Ronin

When will Barbatos get the katana?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 21:48   Link #87
Thess

I hope never. I'm sick of beam katanas and swords. Polearms, maces and spears need love too.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 23:10   Link #88
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
When will Barbatos get the katana?
Probabaly when they get to Jupiter, since it's Teiwaz's. That should also be around the same time Barbatos gets its 4th Form restored by the Jupiter technicians.

Also, I'm very interested in seeing Barbatos' Smoothbore Gun finally in action, it was certainly quicker than I anticipated. I'm curious onto how much damage it does as ranged firearms have been comparatively weak so far due to the Nano Laminated Armor. Presumably the Smoothbore will rank high because it's designed for damage rather than accuracy, which suggests a focus towards things like Anti-Mobile Suit and Anti-Ship than say Mobile Workers which a regular mobile suit-size rifle will be better for.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2015-10-27 at 02:41.
Old 2015-10-27, 02:41   Link #89
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I hope never. I'm sick of beam katanas and swords. Polearms, maces and spears need love too.
uh, Barbatos's katana isn't even a beam weapon if you look at it, considering the theme of this series where they use conventional physical based weapons.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 02:43   Link #90
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
uh, Barbatos's katana isn't even a beam weapon if you look at it, considering the theme of this series where they use conventional physical based weapons.
I "may" be reading it wrong but I assumed he/she meant the shapes of the weapons in general rather than it being a beam or not itself.

I'm interested in seeing how the katana differs from the mace in practice. It's definitely lighter and faster and probabaly will do a decent killing on Nana Laminated Armor without the huge inertial drawbacks of the mace.
Old 2015-10-27, 22:05   Link #91
Thess

Quote:
I know, but I'm tired of swords. I like the more long ranged hit and run weapons.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 09:41   Link #92
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I know, but I'm tired of swords. I like the more long ranged hit and run weapons.
Barbatos has it too. But I think it was already implied that in MS combat, melee is more frequent than gunfights in this universe.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 10:06   Link #93
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Barbatos has it too. But I think it was already implied that in MS combat, melee is more frequent than gunfights in this universe.
Implied in the anime, directly stated in source materials. Nano Laminated Armor is most weak againts "striking" melee weapons thus melee weapons are mostly designed with an Anti-MS purpose.

I wasn't too happy about this when the series was first announced but I liked the way they explained it. And firearms are mostly for things without Nano Laminated Armor like mobile workers which are way more common and cheaper than MS.

I am actually curious what will happen once we take missiles and rockets into the picture. We know they're coming because the CGS mobile workers have them in the OP. They'll definitely be more effective than normal firearms but I'm curious on how much damage they will do compared to melee.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2015-10-28 at 10:26.
Old 2015-10-28, 10:34   Link #94
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Implied in the anime, directly stated in source materials. Nano Laminated Armor is most weak againts "striking" melee weapons thus melee weapons are mostly designed with an Anti-MS purpose.

I wasn't too happy about this when the series was first announced but I liked the way they explained it. And firearms are mostly for things without Nano Laminated Armor like mobile workers which are way more common and cheaper than MS.
This has an interesting historical parallel - as full plate armour started to become common during the Middle Ages the weapons used on the field changed to reflect that, eg maces, axes etc became more common, particularly if you were wearing full plate yourself. (Or something like that...). For soldiers on the field, swords have generally been a side arm (ie backup weapon to primary weapon).
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 14:21   Link #95
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

On a sidenote, I find it interesting that the Covenant faction from Halo universe also uses "nano laminated" armor on their battleships (specifically only the "nano laminated" words line up, it's usually just called nanolaminated hull plating). I never knew that despite me being following the Halo unoverse for a few years, at least to some level of the expanded materials anyways aside from the games.

It probabaly works very differently than the one in IBO since "nano laminated" as a term sounds pretty broad and I haven't seen much in depth about how it works, not to mention there's a lot of different nano stuff you can potentially laminated in many ways. Still I guess I found it interesting that the terms line up that much as I've never heard the term before seeing it in IBO.

Yes, Halo fever has caught me again.
Old 2015-10-29, 21:35   Link #96
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Barbatos with blue shoulder pads is confirmed as "2nd form" according to toy show display

http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-1/%E4%...5%93%81-robot/
Old 2015-10-30, 00:08   Link #97
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

http://mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=378610#p378610

Quote:
Originally Posted by balofo
Already posted this info some posts above

Quote:
Info from interview:
-Alaya Vijnana System was originally developed for space work
-Gjallarhorn MS confirmed to not have any organic device
-Nano Laminated Armor becomes strong due to Ahab Waves
-If the Ahab Reactor stops the armor's strength goes down, however since it has a strong strong foundation not much is affected. Tearing the armor apart is different though.
-Battleships are very sturdy because of their large Ahab Reactor so in a battle between them it's common to resort to hand to hand combat when boarding the enemy's.
-Mobile Workers run on a hydrogen engine, even in groups they can't defeat a MS
New info from jp wiki with the same source:
-Nano Laminated Armor is a special paint that hardens with the Ahab Waves from the MS/ship reactor, resistant to solid ammo.
Yay, more info in the Nano Laminated Armor. Seems that they rely on Ahab Waves afterall, at least to some extent.

And we know that the mobile workers run on Hydrogen Engines.
Old 2015-10-30, 01:55   Link #98
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Yay, more info in the Nano Laminated Armor. Seems that they rely on Ahab Waves afterall, at least to some extent.
HAHA, called that a while ago. Watered down GN particles, here we go!
Old 2015-10-30, 03:03   Link #99
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
IMO its a bit more like PS Armor, but without all the color changing. 00, IIRC, the GN particles were only introduced to enhance armor from a certain gen (3?) onwards once they improved the tech and even it was only primarily for CB units
Old 2015-10-30, 04:58   Link #100
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
To be fair, Ahab technology has been fairly played down so far. GN Particles by contrast is a big factor in 00 even four episodes in, both as a technology as well in terms of the plot. Even Alaya-Vijnana appears to be given more emphasis so far compared to Ahab. Still Ahab Particles have the ability to store momentum/affect inertia, so their definitely getting there.

But I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited by this development. I like power armor in general, the ones that rely on some sort of energy source or reactor to work. It's also nice to see the Ahab Reactor contributing to something outside just power, because it's not really doing much aside from movements at the moment. Supposedly, the Gundams main specialty lies in ther high output parallel Ahab Reactor setup, so having the reactors involved in more things mean that advantage in that system can be spread out in more areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
IMO its a bit more like PS Armor, but without all the color changing. 00, IIRC, the GN particles were only introduced to enhance armor from a certain gen (3?) onwards once they improved the tech and even it was only primarily for CB units
Starting from Exia and its brothers, Celestial Being started applying a thin layer of GN Field on the surface of the armor. It's the same format that they have been using on their shields (the 0 Gundam's shield uses this technique)but applied onto the entire mobile suit's surface armor.

It's not confirmed whether it's used outside of those units, but since it's standard armament for those Gundams, it's probabaly standard armament for their successors as well as for GN suits used by other factions, which based their technology on them anyways.

I would guess that the Nano Laminated Armor doesn't appear to be as reliant on Ahab Waves as the "GN Field Armor" on GN Particles, because it's probably safe to assume that the sheer godly strength GN Armor has for being able to take all those ordinance shots has got to come from it being supplied with GN Particles. There's a line from the MG Exia manual that mentions that Exia's GN Shield is indestructible (probabaly referring to normal attacks, not beam ones) as long it keeps receiving particles.