AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2017-05-19, 05:15   Link #1
SidVicious
Anime addict

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Take on Me movie

The official website for Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! TV anime series has updated and announced that it will get a new movie. Titled Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Take On Me, it will be premiered on January 6, 2018. The main staff and cast members will reprise and ZAQ will be singing the theme song.

The movie will feature a new story where Yuuta and Rikka on their third year of the high school. One day in Spring, Touka said her job is stabled and wanting to take Rokka with her to Italy. Touka is also worried about Rikka's level not being able to pass to advance to universities in Japan. The gangs from the club suggested Yuuta to elope with Rikka!! A runaway drama around Japan begins.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! is a light novel written by Torako and illustrated by Nozomi Ousaka that began serialization since May 2011. Total of 3 volumes has released so far. The light novel received two TV anime adaptations on Fall 2012 and Winter 2014 with a Summary Movie of first season on September 2013.

Teaser:

https://myanimelist.net/news/50787506
Old 2017-05-19, 05:34   Link #2
AP24

What about Kumin though? She should have graduated by that time.

The official synopsis also mentions that Yuuta and Rikka still haven't made their "higher contract" (if you watched the second season finale then you would know what this means). They better do it this time.

Last edited by AP24; 2017-05-19 at 06:07.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 11:48   Link #3
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Finally a movie that is entirely new content! I hope it actually ends well.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 11:49   Link #4
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

This just came out of nowhere.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 11:50   Link #5
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Right now all I'm hoping it gets the Tamako Love Story treatment.

Please tell me they're letting Yamada Naoko direct.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 12:03   Link #6
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Right now all I'm hoping it gets the Tamako Love Story treatment.

It was never her work to begin with. Mostly likely Ishihara Tatsuya will direct which he also did Clannad, After Story, Air, and Kanon as well as other Kyoani shows inlcuding the Chuunibyou series obviously. This movie can't go wrong with either director.
Old 2017-05-19, 13:51   Link #7
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I hope not. Like Julio C said, this isn't her work to begin with, and Ishihara is plenty good himself.
Old 2017-05-19, 14:29   Link #8
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

This could be the first time that I'm indifferent about a KyoAni movie. The second season left such a bitter taste in my mouth. But maybe the magic that is a KyoAni movie will make me see things differently. I'll definitely watch it.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-20, 09:16   Link #9
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Actually surprised by this announcement. I guess they wanted to give the story in the anime some closure so that they can move on to other projects like what they did with Kyoukai no Kanata and Tamako Market.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-21, 04:38   Link #10
AP24

Here's a new preview:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=d7_G_Mh4ugo

Obviously Rikka and Yuuta will have a scene where they're in a hotel room. Though nothing much will happen, still looking forward to see what it will be like.
Old 2017-07-28, 12:41   Link #11
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

How can this happen even after the sad mess S2 was?

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2017-12-10 at 09:20.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 04:02   Link #12
AP24

The movie is out today in Japan, any spoilers?
Old 2018-01-10, 12:52   Link #13
mark1246

i think the kiss......FINALLY
Old 2018-01-16, 23:37   Link #14
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
i think the kiss......FINALLY
Huh? I thought they already kissed before?
Old 2018-09-06, 10:08   Link #15
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Finally saw the movie.

I have to say that like Tamako Love Story, this is really what the TV series should have been, and I loved almost every minute of it.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 22:12   Link #16
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

One significant turning point in a person's life is when one is forced to choose between becoming a functional member of society and accepting one's quirks and absurdities. The Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai series signified that particular part of one's life in its own way. Throughout the series we've seen how a group of friends witnessed the defiant journey of Yuuta and Rikka in accepting their past and entering a relationship together... and Take On Me is a great send-off to the bigger story of how these two genuine people live through their reality and their delusions, melding two worlds and making a unique experience that only they and their friends are aware of.

Overall, the story was a well-needed expansion (and culmination) of the two seasons of the anime. The central topic about accepting one's identity was given a new dimension as a new stage of life—the end of high school life—approaches them. It's pretty nostalgic how Rikka and Yuuta ended up eloping just to escape Touka's threat of bringing her family to Italy; running away was how Rikka tried to deal with her initial chuunibyou problem in Season 1 after all. But this time, Touka's elaborate plan turned out to be the push needed to bring Rikka and Yuuta to decide on what they will do about their relationship. Touka probably was aware of this all along, and she was herself desperate as her days as Rikka's older sister are numbered as she herself enters a new stage of life.

I'm genuinely curious about how their third year in high school would become. They're now an official couple, and there's so many things they have to learn. Also, how did the story in the light novels turn out? Are we talking about a parallel world line at work here?

Also, poor Isshiki. Shafted to the very end.

ENTRY #368 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-08, 12:27   Link #17
AP24

Does anyone know how it ended in the LN? Translation is still not finished.