AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-31, 15:38   Link #2821
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
DN was drag out, it was suppose to end with L but the editors at Jump...

because it is better for a story to end on a high note then drag out for so long that it when it finally ends it is consider a mercy kill.
Was Death Note really dragged out? I didn't follow it while it was actually airing/serialized but it made sense to me that the series couldn't end with Light's actual victory. Sure, the initial conflict was set up between L and Kira but I don't think it would've been a great conclusion if the manga had ended there.
Old 2012-03-31, 15:42   Link #2822
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Was Death Note really dragged out? I didn't follow it while it was actually airing/serialized but it made sense to me that the series couldn't end with Light's actual victory. Sure, the initial conflict was set up between L and Kira but I don't think it would've been a great conclusion if the manga had ended there.
it came up during the discussion in the anime when it air. L was suppose to Win but the editors wanted it to continue so L lost and M/N was introduce.
Old 2012-03-31, 16:58   Link #2823
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
If you're talking about Reversi, I highly doubt Mashiro would decide to drag the story and they did reveal in the end that they want to end it.

If you're talking about Bakuman., these guys are the makers of Death Note and that ended with 110 chapters even though its popularity was very high then. They don't drag things and if they wanted to end Bakuman, I'm sure they will. After all they will contradict themselves if the manga was talking about not dragging on the series but the series itself is.
Same maker of Death Note? That information I did not know at all. The art was so different for me to recognize.

Spoiler for Hail Death Note:
Old 2012-03-31, 18:01   Link #2824
ryuusei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
We know that Mashiro's dreams that driven him so far are to marry Miho, and defeat Eiji to become no.1 mangaka together with Takagi. .
Indeed, Mashiro's dream with Miho is to marry when she voices a heroine in his manga. With Takagi their goal is to be no.1 mangaka. But with himself and his uncle his goal is to show you can be no.1 consecutively and make a living.

We sort of havn't seen him prove that yet. Plus it'd be nice to see what Mashiro and Miho are like after they're married.

And I don't really see how you can be no.1 within the 8 weeks. Feels like a copout if within that 8 weeks they're no.1 for 2 or 3 weeks. Eiji was no.1 for 20 consecutively.

Plus there are so many possible sidestories to write about, Hirumaru and Aoki's wedding, Miho's dad, Kaya's kid... Bakuman ending? I call rubbish. 2/3 through the story, that's more feasible. Plus the makers of Death Note make Bakuman remember?

unless you want a Negima ending....
Old 2012-03-31, 22:01   Link #2825
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuusei View Post
Indeed, Mashiro's dream with Miho is to marry when she voices a heroine in his manga. With Takagi their goal is to be no.1 mangaka. But with himself and his uncle his goal is to show you can be no.1 consecutively and make a living.

We sort of havn't seen him prove that yet. Plus it'd be nice to see what Mashiro and Miho are like after they're married.

And I don't really see how you can be no.1 within the 8 weeks. Feels like a copout if within that 8 weeks they're no.1 for 2 or 3 weeks. Eiji was no.1 for 20 consecutively.

Plus there are so many possible sidestories to write about, Hirumaru and Aoki's wedding, Miho's dad, Kaya's kid... Bakuman ending? I call rubbish. 2/3 through the story, that's more feasible. Plus the makers of Death Note make Bakuman remember?

unless you want a Negima ending....
Mashiro indeed make that promise to his uncle. But it doesn't necessarily means the author would need a hundred chapters to show it, a few pages at the last chapter will be enough.

Actually, about how Mashiro and Miho's married life, I want to see it too.

As for sidestory, I think it'll be only about Aoki and Hiramaru since their love life was described in detail so far. Miho's dad? They probably just show his face only for the wedding, it's not like he's important in the first place. Kaya's kid? Yeah we might have some, in epilogue that is.
Old 2012-04-01, 02:22   Link #2826
Enishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Kaya's kid? Yeah we might have some, in epilogue that is.
It seems, Miho and Kaya will be pregnant at the same time and the kids will be shown in the last chapter as a fact, like it was in the “FMA: Brotherhood” anime.

Last edited by Enishi; 2012-04-01 at 02:33. Reason: one time -> the same time
Old 2012-04-05, 15:39   Link #2827
Somnus
Eh?

^ I am beyond excited for this chapter. Thanks as usual!
Old 2012-04-06, 02:47   Link #2828
Excelion

Spoiler for Chapter 174:
Old 2012-04-06, 23:13   Link #2829
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

ch174

What the hell? Reversi ended already? That was fast I was expecting a minimum of 15 chapters before they end it

PS. Its wedding time

Last edited by Lexxus; 2012-04-06 at 23:40.
Old 2012-04-06, 23:24   Link #2830
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Spoiler for ch174:
Old 2012-04-07, 00:03   Link #2831
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is it just me or ending of Reversi is terrible? Just imagine that Luffy and Blackbeard died in the middle of the sea, and the chapter ended.
Old 2012-04-07, 00:13   Link #2832
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

It also (somehow) reminds me of Negima ending somehow..even though they didn't use that kind of epilogue ending that Negima used for Reversi.

Well if the reception from the fans are good then at least it's good for them

Old 2012-04-07, 00:29   Link #2833
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Is it just me or ending of Reversi is terrible? Just imagine that Luffy and Blackbeard died in the middle of the sea, and the chapter ended.
I don't think Rurouni Kenshin's ending is a good fit for One Piece either, but it is an good ending.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:53   Link #2834
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wasn't the black guy supposed to be the evil(er) one?

And it's a proper ending, since it was built as a duel from the beginning.
Old 2012-04-07, 02:13   Link #2835
Excelion

Woulda been the right way to end Death Note too, IMO.
Old 2012-04-07, 02:15   Link #2836
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Yeah, without the proper context it does look shoddy. Who knows, maybe before those two pages were 20 of the same epicness.

Okay, now they need to solidify themselves as mangaka who make series that should be Hollywood movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
That's kind of what happened
Spoiler for adaptation spoiler:
Old 2012-04-07, 03:04   Link #2837
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
rofl, hiramaru only got a fraction of a panel, but it still made me laughD
Old 2012-04-07, 03:48   Link #2838
Divini
Senpai!

I would like to say I have no clue what made every single character go "OMG BEST ENDING EVER", but the manga only showed enough pages total of Reversi to barely fill half a chapter so.... I'll just suspend my disbelief.
Old 2012-04-07, 04:10   Link #2839
Enishi

Oh, Azuki had only one panel… I miss her.
Old 2012-04-07, 05:13   Link #2840
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
The number of volume that Reversi has is also about 5-6 volumes, which is about the same number of volume in Death Note that's still interesting for me (the one where it's still about L vs Kira) :P

Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen