AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-09, 02:28   Link #181
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
yeah, but we still don't know enough about him to make a proper judgment just yet. it looks like we'll get a glimpse of his true self this ep.
That's true; I'm also fairly willing to acknowledge that he too has a shot at redemption by the end. My point was merely to the effect that he's perhaps the only one who's been trending downwards, but you're probably right that I'm jumping the gun a bit.
Old 2008-03-09, 10:42   Link #182
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Nice evil spoilers...thx for the translations
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-09, 22:02   Link #183
Westlo
Lets be reality

Back to those 11-13 spoilers

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-09, 23:15   Link #184
Goodwin999

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Translations if needed:

Spoiler for ep11:

Damn you, Jun

Spoiler for ep12:

The moment we've been waiting for?!

Spoiler for ep13:

So who did he choose...
Alright based on these three very vague summaries i think i can put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-03-10, 01:21   Link #185
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwin999 View Post
Alright based on these three very vague summaries i think i can put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Spoiler for :
Spoiler for my thoughts on above:
Spoiler for ep11:

Spoiler for ep12:

Spoiler for ep13:

Spoiler for my thoughts:

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-03-10 at 04:43.
Old 2008-03-10, 03:14   Link #186
ZODDGUTS

Okay Cloudninja you've convince it's likely that's how it's gonna play out. Shin will get rejected by Hiromi possibily because he's showing concerned about Noe she didn't look all that great in the ending of ep 10 and the preview as well. The preview summary for ep 13 makes sense for Shin and Hiromi with the "Without worrying about the results, Shinichirou, once again, chooses to face his precious person directly" assuiming hes been turn down by her which I think she will in ep 11 Shin still decides to face her once again telling his feelings.

And the title for ep 13 is Shin telling Hiromi to believe in him that he truely loves her "I want you to properly face it/me, that's why I want you to believe it/me".

The only thing that made me believe that it may have not been Hiromi telling Shin in the preview for ep 11 that "The one you love isn't me" is because of her tone of voice. But now I think she may have seen Shin very concerned about Noe to possibly make her think that it isn't her that she's loves causing her to be very heart broken and mad at him which is why her tone of voice sounded that way.

Lots of drama still coming at our way in this series.
Old 2008-03-10, 03:31   Link #187
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Okay Cloudninja you've convince it's likely that's how it's gonna play out. Shin will get rejected by Hiromi possibily because he's showing concerned about Noe she didn't look all that great in the ending of ep 10 and the preview as well. The preview summary for ep 13 makes sense for Shin and Hiromi with the "Without worrying about the results, Shinichirou, once again, chooses to face his precious person directly" assuiming hes been turn down by her which I think she will in ep 11 Shin still decides to face her once again telling his feelings.

And the title for ep 13 is Shin telling Hiromi to believe in him that he truely loves her "I want you to properly face it/me, that's why I want you to believe it/me".

The only thing that made me believe that it may have not been Hiromi telling Shin in the preview for ep 11 that "The one you love isn't me" is because of her tone of voice. But now I think she may have seen Shin very concerned about Noe to possibly make her think that it isn't her that she's loves causing her to be very heart broken and mad at him which is why her tone of voice sounded that way.

Lots of drama still coming at our way in this series.
I was just thinking that it would be boring and unlikely for things to take a direct path towards the Shin-Hiromi ending. The episodes 11-13 spoiler lines make it very plausible for that twist to occur to make things more interesting. Three episodes is still a long way to go so I would expect the writers to try and keep up the suspense as much as possible which is what makes that theory very possible. From the episode 11-13 spoilers it does look like they're trying to at least maintain the illusion of uncertainty. If it was'nt for those spoilers I would have expected the chase scene ending in episode 10 to have had a lot more impact but it seems Hiromi has a growing uneasiness about Shin's relationship with Noe. I don't mind being wrong as long as they can make it entertaining these last 3 episodes while maintaining consistency with the story that's been developed.
Old 2008-03-10, 04:11   Link #188
ZODDGUTS

True.

And about Hiromi I'll be still staying true with her character she has shown concerned about Noe since the beginning of the series because Shin has been close to her. Another thing to cause concern to her is that eventhough she has broken up with Jun Shin hasn't broken up with Noe so he's still in a relationship with her. Shin will have a hard doing so because he'll know I'll hurt Noe, Hiromi will take it as you can't break up with because you love her type of thing. Also Noe will have one last outing/time with Shin as she said in ep 10 maybe Hiromi will catch them going on a one last date or have a one last kiss from Noe causing Hiromi to think about him really liking Noe and not her.
Old 2008-03-10, 08:37   Link #189
vio5555

The one thing that seriously concerns me about this scenario you two are laying out is that it requires a total 180 degree turn from the events of episode 10 where Shin finds some resolve at the end and chases Hiromi.

Are we really debating a course that emphasizes drama for the sake of drama while weakening the story?

I would honestly feel that the story has been significantly weakened if Hiromi does indeed say those words to Shin, just as I would have felt the story would have been significantly weakened in the previous episode if Hiromi had actually been removing her clothing in front of Jun...

I think we can at least give the animators the benefit of the doubt that they're not going to needlessly string this out in the sense of drama at any cost to the story.

Then again, I do see the specific parts of the translated weekly previews that are giving you guys pause..., it just seems like it would weaken the experience if it goes that way...
Old 2008-03-10, 08:45   Link #190
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
The one thing that seriously concerns me about this scenario you two are laying out is that it requires a total 180 degree turn from the events of episode 10 where Shin finds some resolve at the end and chases Hiromi.

Are we really debating a course that emphasizes drama for the sake of drama while weakening the story?

I would honestly feel that the story has been significantly weakened if Hiromi does indeed say those words to Shin, just as I would have felt the story would have been significantly weakened in the previous episode if Hiromi had actually been removing her clothing in front of Jun...

I think we can at least give the animators the benefit of the doubt that they're not going to needlessly string this out in the sense of drama at any cost to the story.

Then again, I do see the specific parts of the translated weekly previews that are giving you guys pause..., it just seems like it would weaken the experience if it goes that way...
this is torture! I promised to mysef I was not going to try to predict anything else because so far everything that I've predicted with the exception of AikoxShin ending together has become reality and I wanted to retire with such a good average. I am going to go on and do my last prediction, HiromixShin. This is not a matter of WHEN or IF but of HOW it will happen.

Last edited by golthin; 2008-03-10 at 16:07.
Old 2008-03-10, 10:39   Link #191
cloudninja

Quote:

Actually, it seems kind of fitting that the final obstacle or misunderstanding would be about Shin's relationship with Noe. Hiromi was obviously worried about seeing Shin with Noe early in episode 2 which caused her to make attempts to get closer to Shin after distancing herself from him for the previous year. From the episode 11 preview spoiler it says that Hiromi's uneasiness in thinking that Noe is in Shin's heart actually strengthens. I think Noe may realize what she needs to do but finds it so painful that instead of breaking up with Shin she just withdraws from him for now. Which pushes the breakup between them to episode 12 or 13.

Which indicates to me that Shin did'nt 'do everything properly' as he promised at the end of episode 10. I think Shin in episode 11 may reach out to a depressed and withdrawn Noe which would give doubt to Hiromi who misunderstands Shin's feelings, resulting in her rejecting him after a weak attempt at a confession. That could send him into confusion about her words and episode 12 is where he examines his feelings and comes back to the same conclusion as before that Hiromi is the one he wants.

In episode 13, it would make sense from the title 'I want you to properly face it/me, that's why I want you to believe it/me' and the line 'Without worrying about the results, Shinichirou, once again, chooses to face his precious person directly' that Shin once again confesses to Hiromi, this time with conviction and finally convinces Hiromi of his feelings for her. In the end he will finally 'do everything properly'. The 'once again' part along with the other lines strongly suggest to me that Shin tried and failed in confessing to Hiromi at an earlier point.

Anyway I don't have any doubt that the eventual 'destination' is Hiromi. It's just that the journey probably won't be as simple as some people expected after the episode 10 chase scene. As many people said, that's kind of early for them to truly resolve everything. I think it's major progress but Shin himself probably messes it up in episode 11. Again, I don't mind being wrong but the episode 11-13 previews indicate further trouble for Shin and Hiromi before the resolution in episode 13.

Quote:

Hiromi's insecurity about Shin's relationship with Noe is consistent with the story because she has had it since episode 2. The misleading preview clip about episode 9 that 'suggested' that Hiromi was stripping in front of Jun is the one that is inconsistent with the story. Two totally different things in my mind.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-03-10 at 11:11.
Old 2008-03-10, 11:51   Link #192
vio5555

Yeah, don't get me wrong, your logic is one of the most plausible scenarios I've seen laid out (based on the 11,12,13 spoilers we've seen), which is why I gave it that response which was more a musing of my thoughts on "if it goes that route you've laid out", then how do I feel about it.

Also, I do think you bring up an interesting point about Shin and Noe at their "break up point". I think its interesting that break ups seem to take quite a lot of pushing and prodding to occur in this series, so I definitely agree that it won't be as simple a scenario as the most straightforward projections entail..., but I look forward to being wrong simply because I said that ;p
Old 2008-03-10, 12:10   Link #193
jcdish

Judging from the episode titles and summaries, I'm going to say
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-10, 12:55   Link #194
hai_san

I believe that at the end it will be Hiromi whom Shin choose because of the premise that Shin & Hiromi were at festival before too, it was then that Hiromi realized that she likes Shin, so by the last ep/end it would make a full circle again.
Old 2008-03-10, 13:42   Link #195
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
I believe that at the end it will be Hiromi whom Shin choose because of the premise that Shin & Hiromi were at festival before too, it was then that Hiromi realized that she likes Shin, so by the last ep/end it would make a full circle again.
It would'nt surprise me if they reveal that the festival was a cherished memory for Shin as well, not just for Hiromi. His reaction of surprise in episode 10 when Hiromi revealed that she did'nt forget hints that it meant something to him and he was surprised in episode 3 to see that she had 'forgotten' about that memory. Watch Shin carefully from 18:05 onwards in episode 10 to see why I think it might be an important memory for Shin as well.

I would like to see Shin tell Hiromi that he felt the same way about their shared memory of the festival and to let her know that his sketch was about her. That would make it a nice way to help convince Hiromi in episode 13 that he's been in love with her for a long time.

Anyway, the way they kept bringing up Hiromi's memory of their time together at the festival to me made it almost as strong an indicator of the direction the show would take as the initial picture book sketches. That would coincide with the episode 12 festival dance as it matches with the episode 12 preview line 'Right now, for who's sake is he dancing for, and for who's sake will he fly?'.

There have actually been quite a few connections left by the writers that tell us the general direction of the show.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-03-10 at 14:15.
Old 2008-03-10, 14:52   Link #196
ZODDGUTS

Also have to say I think now the preview was misleading for ep 11. Before the "The one you love isn't me" line you hear Jun saying " You won't meet up?" so obviously you would think like I did that both Jun and Hiromi would meet up leading to the "The one you love isn't me" but now I think it was just a throw off from the writers of the show to make us think it was Jun she was talking to only to shock us that it was in fact Shin. They've done this several times in the previews to throw us off only for it to be something else.
Old 2008-03-10, 22:37   Link #197
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

In the website's summary for episode 11, it is similar to the previous one given out, except for one main difference (there are other pointless changes though):

Shinichirou finishes his picture --> Shinichirou finishes his picture book, but hesitates to show it to Noe.

Spoiler for pictures:

1. Hiromi & ...?
2. Breakfast...
3. Noe, at night, at the chicken coop
4. Jun being Jun... Geez
5. Aiko blushing and who?
6. More chicken coop and Noe
7. Hiromi+Popsicle+Glasses
8. Needs to finish things off...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-10, 22:48   Link #198
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
In the website's summary for episode 11, it is similar to the previous one given out, except for one main difference (there are other pointless changes though):

Shinichirou finishes his picture --> Shinichirou finishes his picture book, but hesitates to show it to Noe.

Spoiler for pictures:

5. Aiko blushing and who?
Spoiler:

Last edited by golthin; 2008-03-10 at 23:40.
Old 2008-03-11, 00:22   Link #199
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Spoiler:
While I do think that a picture is worth a thousand words (and you're taking it literally ;p), I think we really need to get some grasp of context even though your conjecture is probably one of the few logical paths to lead to that scene.
Old 2008-03-11, 00:31   Link #200
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Also the first half (the subdued part) of track #30 from the ost played when Hiromi talked about how she cherished the festival memory and would never forget it, the second half of that song has to play when they get together properly!
Closed Thread