AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-04-23, 13:41   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Valkyria Chronicles - Music/Drama CD discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.)

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Valkyria Chronicles here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 13:44   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

To kick things off, answer to a question i'm sure is going to be asked more then once.

The anime does use the game's score, though the same composer (Hitoshi Sakimoto) has added new material that didn't appear in the game.
Old 2009-04-23, 13:53   Link #3
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

I love the game's score, and was excited when I found out the same guy's doing the music for the anime.

Do we know when/if they'll release a single of the OP/ED for the anime?
Old 2009-04-23, 13:56   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

OP single is out on the 27th of May. Not sure about the ED.
Old 2009-04-23, 17:10   Link #5
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Same date too. Read some articles that pe'zmoku will release the stuff.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 18:43   Link #6
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I hope some import sites have the OST. I'd love to get it. I thought the music in the game was outstanding.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 20:56   Link #7
Chrono Helix

Some of the tracks from the game have been changed a little. The battle in ep 3, for instance. I think it sounded better in the anime, with the more inspiring and uplifting feel at the end.
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 00:36   Link #8
Welkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
OP single is out on the 27th of May. Not sure about the ED.

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

I haven't been this infatuated with an opening song since TSR- Minami Kaze. The song and the opening video that goes along with it is perfectly done and totally tug at my emotional strings. I always feel hyped up when watching both of those oping videos.
Welkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 07:37   Link #9
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Helix View Post
Some of the tracks from the game have been changed a little. The battle in ep 3, for instance. I think it sounded better in the anime, with the more inspiring and uplifting feel at the end.
Well, he wasn't forced to have it loopable in the anime version...
Old 2009-04-24, 08:36   Link #10
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
In the second episode when the battle wasn't going well for the Bruhl Town Watch, they showed us the wounded under Susie's care and played the "Defeat" track in the background.

I thought that was a very nice touch.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 14:47   Link #11
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I'm currently very confused.

For the opening credits, the vocalist is credited as HIMEKA. Then I wiki-ed her, and found out she was a French Canadian descent, who is fluent in english. Then I remembered like around a year or more ago, there was a fan-dub singer who had the youtube name, HIMEKA4, she also gives out links to download her cover songs too, which she credits herself as HIMEKA. She coments in english, but did the cover songs in japanese.

Then I listened to her cover songs and the opening, the voice sounds very similar to each other. But her cover songs aren't recorded in a studio enviroment, and I don't have the best ears.

So I'm seriously wondering...are they the same person...
Old 2009-05-06, 14:52   Link #12
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I'm currently very confused.

For the opening credits, the vocalist is credited as HIMEKA. Then I wiki-ed her, and found out she was a French Canadian descent, who is fluent in english. Then I remembered like around a year or more ago, there was a fan-dub singer who had the youtube name, HIMEKA4, she also gives out links to download her cover songs too, which she credits herself as HIMEKA. She coments in english, but did the cover songs in japanese.

Then I listened to her cover songs and the opening, the voice sounds very similar to each other. But her cover songs aren't recorded in a studio enviroment, and I don't have the best ears.

So I'm seriously wondering...are they the same person...
As I understand it, she won a contest whose prize was to sing the OP theme to a commercial anime, and those two people are the same person.
Old 2009-05-06, 15:11   Link #13
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

That really surprised me, if I remember correctly, she didn't have that much views on youtube. I did thought she was one of the best anime song covers I heard.

Her live Eternal Blaze curing the contest was really good, only topped by the original version and Masaki Endou version.

She actually went to japan, and taking part time jobs to pursue her dream. That's really something...
Old 2009-05-07, 23:01   Link #14
hamstar
just passing by

yeah it's true she is french canadian. I've known many half japanese that moved to japan for singing from North America. I was even close friends with one that moved last yr...but this girl is white and her voice is just incredible. Even the half japanese girls get digital enhancement for their songs...this girl is solid without it.

I'm STILL shocked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2WaYtWG6b8&NR=1
Old 2009-05-10, 21:30   Link #15
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
yeah it's true she is french canadian. I've known many half japanese that moved to japan for singing from North America. I was even close friends with one that moved last yr...but this girl is white and her voice is just incredible. Even the half japanese girls get digital enhancement for their songs...this girl is solid without it.

I'm STILL shocked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2WaYtWG6b8&NR=1
im shock too, and i thought its sung by a japanese or at least half . Good song btw.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 21:32   Link #16
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I like the ending song. Period.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 19:49   Link #17
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
yeah, catherine st-onge is her real name, she won the 2008 anime singer contest, (forgot the official name)

HIMEKA was her internet handle, so naturally she adopted it as her stage name.

I saw her second round song, the op to records of lodoss wars, which is a very technical ballad.

She got all the right pitches right, it was quite amazing.

she also cleared all three rounds above/equal to 90 points, at leased 5 points clear of her nearest rivals.

she definitely won in style.

Can't wait for her album, too bad she had to delete her youtube channel, i suspect it was due to her contracts agreements.

But she does have a blog, which she writes in English as well as Japanese and French.

on wordpress i believe.
Old 2009-05-14, 10:53   Link #18
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

It's nice to read a blog by a 'japanese' artist that is in english, then waiting for someone to translate. I like how she just blogs like a normal blogger you find everywhere, using the usual online terms.

But as someone pointed out, she's currently doing small lives, but she keeps forgetting her lyrics because of her being nervous. Currently, she's still new, so we can forgive her. She better fix this problem, or else she's not going to stay in the business for long. I want to see her in animelo 2010. ;P

The first press limited edition of the opening single has sold out, the normal version is still in stock. The limited edition only has a little postcard of Himeka cosplaying, and she was making a joke on her blog that is a cosplay photo of her that important.
Old 2009-05-19, 20:33   Link #19
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Damn, she's pretty amazing. I'm glad to see her be able to seize her dream.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 09:23   Link #20
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Everything gets leaked on the internet nowadays...

The opening in full sounds good to me, especially in higher quality then the radio rip. The b-side is a piano ballard, I think the b-side really does show how well HIMEKA can sing. From the single's cover, it looks like the producers are giving her a more 'princess' like image. Oh there's a cosplay card of HIMEKA as Alicia too.