Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-27, 12:02   Link #3601
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Dreamer View Post
Well... I don't think Utsumi is traumatized: he is just thinking about Yuki and their "love's moments"... otherwise he would have think about the moment when she terrified rejected him ...
Again, this is just a sign that he still love her...

PS: As always, sorry for my English.
My interpretation is this way:

He doesn't want to make the same mistake by going straight into sex. I strongly support this because recently he has analyze the situation and observed Shou reaction before making a decision.

But ya, of course Utsumi still has feelings for Yuki, it wouldn't be a story now, would it?
Old 2011-12-27, 13:21   Link #3602
Emulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
My interpretation is this way:

He doesn't want to make the same mistake by going straight into sex. I strongly support this because recently he has analyze the situation and observed Shou reaction before making a decision.
Interesting.

I just thought that Utsumi only remembered again how much he would like to bang Yuki instead of Shou and that was the reason why he made a silly excuse to not do it with his rebound.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 15:28   Link #3603
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulator View Post
Interesting.

I just thought that Utsumi only remembered again how much he would like to bang Yuki instead of Shou and that was the reason why he made a silly excuse to not do it with his rebound.
Dude, I would still bang her anyways, I don't care if she a rebound or not.

Thinking about Yuki in a positive light, is not a illogical reason for not banging her. I believe he wanted to take it slow and not rush and blow up his previous relationship.
Old 2011-12-27, 16:40   Link #3604
Emulator

Quote:
Dude, I would still bang her anyways, I don't care if she a rebound or not.
Interesting.
You would use a girl that has feelings for you and bang her while you donīt love her and you still love your ex???
ThatKento guy did the same.

Utsumi obviously doesnīt think like you.

Quote:
Thinking about Yuki in a positive light, is not a illogical reason for not banging her. I believe he wanted to take it slow and not rush and blow up his previous relationship.
Believe it or not but what you stated was not the reason why he didnīt want to do it with her.
He wanted to go there with Shou, remembered his time with Yuki and still loves her and not Shou and he made a stupid excuse to not do it with her.
Utsumi will steadily sabotage his rebound relationship like he did in this chapter until they break up.
Old 2011-12-27, 17:04   Link #3605
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Interesting.
You would use a girl that has feelings for you and bang her while you donīt love her and you still love your ex???
ThatKento guy did the same.

Utsumi obviously doesnīt think like you.

Believe it or not but what you stated was not the reason why he didnīt want to do it with her.
He wanted to go there with Shou, remembered his time with Yuki and still loves her and not Shou and he made a stupid excuse to not do it with her.
Utsumi will steadily sabotage his rebound relationship like he did in this chapter until they break up.
Just saying thats how cruel the world is.

and yes utsumi wouldn't do a thing like that.

The last part is both our interpretation, nothing holds true yet.
Old 2011-12-27, 17:14   Link #3606
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Of course Utsumi still like Yuki. IT will not just stop like that. However, even if he still like her, the more the time will pass, the more he will like Shou. Right now, he's still recovering but if Shu doesn't give up then, Utsumi and her will be together at the end.
Old 2011-12-27, 17:34   Link #3607
Emulator

Quote:
Just saying thats how cruel the world is.
True and it doesnīt make it better.
Quote:
and yes utsumi wouldn't do a thing like that.
And he still starts a rebound relationship with someone he doesnīt love and is using her to not feel lonely.
Just like with that Kento guy Shou willingly accepted to be the rebound sgsin. Seriously, how often does she need to make the same mistake till she learns?

Quote:
The last part is both our interpretation, nothing holds true yet.
What i stated holds so much truth like 1+1=2.
If everything what was shown till now didnīt convince you, just wait and see more of those selfsaboting things Utsumi will do in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Of course Utsumi still like Yuki. IT will not just stop like that. However, even if he still like her, the more the time will pass, the more he will like Shou. Right now, he's still recovering but if Shu doesn't give up then, Utsumi and her will be together at the end.
Plainspoken. There is not a snowball's chance in hell.
Old 2011-12-28, 09:32   Link #3608
Zetsubo
著述遮断

If i am not mistaken Japan places a lot of social emphasis on purity and chastitiy and moral uprightness for its youth when it comes to issues of sex, despite the oddly hypocritical over abundance of red light sex services.

What I want to know is what exactly is the author if this manga trying to say about Utsumi as a masculine character ?

What is the author trying to say about the women ?

I do not understand why so many authors virtually neuter their male protagonist... and try to reduce their humanness making them into aa sort of super moral man figure.

All the men that are sexually active in this manga so far are protrayed as villians or broken in some secretive way (Utsmi's bishonen friend that saved Risa.)

Where as the athlete ... is a cluless noob... and the girl he likes would be more than inclined to have had casual sex at one point or the other with guy she liked.

Typically varsity athletes have sex more than guys like Utsumi... well in the West that is.
I dont get it.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 16:22   Link #3609
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 110:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 17:08   Link #3610
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ch 110:
Couldn't agree more.
Spoiler for :

This is Utsumi reaction to Eri responses
Old 2012-01-07, 17:24   Link #3611
jzmagic
flargansbog

The bomb was dropped on Utsumi.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 17:26   Link #3612
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Spoiler for 110
Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-07, 17:38   Link #3613
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
If i am not mistaken Japan places a lot of social emphasis on purity and chastitiy and moral uprightness for its youth when it comes to issues of sex, despite the oddly hypocritical over abundance of red light sex services.

What I want to know is what exactly is the author if this manga trying to say about Utsumi as a masculine character ?

What is the author trying to say about the women ?

I do not understand why so many authors virtually neuter their male protagonist... and try to reduce their humanness making them into aa sort of super moral man figure.

All the men that are sexually active in this manga so far are protrayed as villians or broken in some secretive way (Utsmi's bishonen friend that saved Risa.)

Where as the athlete ... is a cluless noob... and the girl he likes would be more than inclined to have had casual sex at one point or the other with guy she liked.

Typically varsity athletes have sex more than guys like Utsumi... well in the West that is.
I dont get it.
Why do you focus so much on the sole aspect of having sex when it comes to the author's reflection on masculinity? Utsumi (similar to most protagonists in the genre) is the typical nice guy who, by being so nice, made several beautiful girls fall for him that's what I think is her main message here and while that ofc may not be the whole truth I think it's a good message. The reason for ShoRom author to put the actual act towards the very end of a series is because it's more a less a signifying device that sets the end pairing, or if there was just a single pairing to begin with, seals the couple finally getting together with sex.

The overidealization of the first time supposedly being something special and with someone you love is not different from the Western ideal. Why this overidealizing factor? Simply because this is still shounen, targeted at a mostly teenage audience and as a shounen author even more so as an editor you need to incorporate certain values according to your cultural morals. Ofc one could argue that it's not that healthy to throw only ideals at grownups but then again no one's trying to sell some sex ed product either here.

Dunno what you mean with Izumi being broken. He's the series' obvious player figure, the one that probably had sex the most of all characters with name yet he's friendly, helpful, unobtrusive and despite his success with girls not boastful at all. What we know about his past is that a girl once hurt him and while he changes girls very often he seems to treat them with respect.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 20:56   Link #3614
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was a cute chapter. I bet he'll be pitching like a pro now.
Old 2012-01-10, 19:54   Link #3615
AI Dreamer

Quote:
Interesting.

Exactly what I think....

Anyway, after 2 boooooring chapters, a big bomb is put on Utsumi...
How he will react?
Old 2012-01-13, 08:45   Link #3616
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Spoiler for 111..i got it from another forum..

Spoiler:

Bha....Utsumi Idiot....
Old 2012-01-13, 18:28   Link #3617
Zetsubo
著述遮断

There is an old rule of thumb I learned in my teenage years.

DO NOT VOLUNTEER INFORMATION !.

Apparently Utsumi has yet to know this.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 19:04   Link #3618
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
There is an old rule of thumb I learned in my teenage years.

DO NOT VOLUNTEER INFORMATION !.

Apparently Utsumi has yet to know this.
Yup and cultural differences don't apply here!

Its a instinctive trait that is adapted when sex is involve

I do love and enjoy Shou security.
Old 2012-01-15, 21:09   Link #3619
AI Dreamer

Now... more problem about Shou's blueness....
And at the worst moment it will appear Touru...
Old 2012-01-16, 00:24   Link #3620
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for 111:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi