AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 40 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 38.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-05, 21:28   Link #21
fidelbuds10

Excellent Episode! My god its the first time on watching a romcom as good as this level. KyoAni FTW!

Anyway, someone said that the Anime version is far off from the novel. Do someone can tell me the differences or even the ending on the novel in Private message?
Old 2012-12-05, 21:36   Link #22
Entravity

KyoAni did a great job with this episode. Loved the Dark Flame Master part and the ending is nice as well. Another insert song? They need to release those ASAP
Old 2012-12-05, 22:10   Link #23
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I still think it could all be a Touka plot. She conveniently just happens to get a reason to travel abroad at this time? Just when Rikka is finally unlikely to run off into the night since her boyfriend lives right downstairs? It is almost too convenient.

I think Yuuta's first impulse was right. Rikka is not ready yet. There will be backlash from this, I think. It is not that easy.
I'm impressed with this episode; I never thought they'd do a real cliffhanger. You may be right that Yuuta might have made a mistake, but I don't think so, although some things need to be sorted out. Rikka's estrangement from her mother made him think Rikka's chuuni had gone too far. I for one was shocked, because i thought Rikka's mother had been grossly negligent. It turns out Rikka had been the source of the problems. There's one thing to mourn, another thing to hurt those around you. And I think Rikka realized that looking at her mother's bento, which was filled with reality AND love. However, the episode is a real cliffhanger, because we don't know for sure the meaning of the song and eyepatch until next episode. The drama was very nicely done, and a pleasant surprise for such an unabashed RomCom. And despite the ending, the light and comic moments remained very well done earlier in the episode.
Old 2012-12-05, 22:22   Link #24
Midonin
Last Engage

Chu2Koi 10 - A Delusional Knight and the Parents' Interference

So there wasn't quite as much of the "fantasy" world in this episode as I would've been engaged by, but what there was was enough to get my mental gears ticking. The side stories of The Chronicles of Mori Summer have been expanded by the presence of her friends - and apparently elves are a part of it. Now if only one of her friends was named Aoba, I would have a perfect setup for some elaborate wit... but I'm getting off topic.

The romantic elements are being portrayed in a way that one feels the friendship in the show is just as strong, if not stronger. I suppose the reason why Yuuta and Rikka didn't fight is because the delusions have broken out into reality, but seeing Rikka without her contact at the end has me a little jumpy. I don't want Rikka to lose her Tyrant's Eye entirely. Maybe instead of having it always on, she could modify it into a power she can activate at will, in a magical girl way. As shown with Yuuta, the characters one creates in their youth do influence their later selves - and the fantasy Rikka who can take on the world, the strongest, isn't something she should give up - or at least channel it in another direction.

Sanae continues to be one of my favorite characters. Perhaps she should've just stuck with the spiked balls. Still heavy, but less likely to pull out her hair. Kinda wish I could've seen the return of Mori Summer. And Kumin finds a way to turn "I'm sorry" into a hilarious line.

On the Takanashi family thing... I think both Rikka and her mother are okay with each other (and the lunchbox basically confirmed it), they're just dealing with things in another way. I'm basically parroting Yuuta here, but he didn't say anything about Touka herself. Since she's going to Italy, not sure if she'll ever come to accept Rikka, but I hope she does.

A fine episode, but I don't want to lose that golden eye. It's connected to the magic circle that binds the club together. The keystone of the OMNSS can't vanish forever!
Old 2012-12-05, 23:06   Link #25
ghostjhohan

ultimatemegax;
are saying these words of Yuta "is the first time I hug a girl" is ignoring Satone ... believes a second season
Old 2012-12-06, 00:05   Link #26
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
It turns out Rikka had been the source of the problems. There's one thing to mourn, another thing to hurt those around you. And I think Rikka realized that looking at her mother's bento, which was filled with reality AND love. However, the episode is a real cliffhanger, because we don't know for sure the meaning of the song and eyepatch until next episode. The drama was very nicely done, and a pleasant surprise for such an unabashed RomCom. And despite the ending, the light and comic moments remained very well done earlier in the episode.
I suspected all along that Rikka was the one causing pains to the whole family. Looking at her family (Toka, grandpareants), I never believed the mother abandon her own children after her husband's death. However, after episode 8, I realized that many people here were Rikka's fans, so I refrained from saying anything bad about Rikka until everything revealed.

The supporting characters are the ones who's made this show for me anyway.
Old 2012-12-06, 01:17   Link #27
Ridwan

Are you prepared for the incoming physical contract ?
Old 2012-12-06, 01:26   Link #28
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostjhohan View Post
ultimatemegax;
are saying these words of Yuta "is the first time I hug a girl" is ignoring Satone ... believes a second season
As far as I know, more than half of the anime has nothing to do with the LN.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About this episode.
I can only say that it was excellent in every aspect and that I totally misjudged Rikka’s mom.
Old 2012-12-06, 01:29   Link #29
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

To sum up my feeling for this episode...

From Dekomori yuri-ish reaction and then her encouragement, Isshiki's leaning on Yuuta, DAT CONFESSION!!, Nibutani partners-in-chuunibyou, Dekomori's power-up form(?!), Yuuta and Rikka's posing together, and the after-credit scene. Why can't tomorrow be next Thursday? D:

The only minus point for me personally is I was hoping the lovey-dovey moment to be longer. But on top of that, I kinda hate Isshiki's confession served as comedy. That guy deserves to be treated better :3
Old 2012-12-06, 02:15   Link #30
Shadow5YA

Considering the age when Rikka started contracting chuunibiyou, I think Rikka may be doing it in memory of her father. Perhaps he doted on Rikka and played heroic fantasies with her, and she is imitating that to retain a fleeting memory of her time with her father. Perhaps like Dekomori, she is already aware of reality, but she is afraid to let her father die in spirit.

The song (aside from being an insert for selling CDs) is probably her alternative to paying respects to her father.
Old 2012-12-06, 02:16   Link #31
Itlandm
Porcupine

The very beginning with Yuuta hugging his virtual Rikka and getting discovered by his best friend. I could feel the shame all the way from Japan to here. Ouch! It is the moments you want to erase from the page of life and then burn the page.

The feelings conveyed by this episode were exceptionally vivid, now that I think about it.
Old 2012-12-06, 03:00   Link #32
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

It looks like Yuuta is swiftly coming to terms with his chuuni self. Even though he forces Rikka to accept reality, he probably knows she still has a bit to go before she can finally leave everything behind her. And it doesn't look like he wants to completely lose his DFM alter ego.

When Touka appeared, I knew she'd be leaving. At first, I thought she would say she'd take Rikka with her, unless Yuuta takes her in, so her mother coming back was something I didn't expect. The question now is, who abandoned who? Touka claims her mother left them, but I think it's more that Rikka couldn't handle the situation alone with her mother, and that that's why she moved in with Touka.

Isshiki got rejected on the spot. I hope he doesn't give up and persists. Kumin looks like a harder nut to crack than Rikka (or maybe even Shinka), but I think he might be able to eventually get through to her.

And then there was the Sanae x Rikka moment. I loved how Sanae thought that her master wanted to get even closer to her, and that she took out her wrath on Shinka (who seems doomed to be forever alone) once she understood what was bothering Rikka.

9/10. The only thing keeping me from giving this episode a perfect score is the fact that KyoAni seems to have little sense of tact. Rikka sung a very emotional song in memory of her late father, but it got cut off in favor of the show's ED. As much as I love Inside Identity, it felt really misplaced here. They could have kept going with Rikka's song, then continue on with the post-credits bit.
Old 2012-12-06, 03:49   Link #33
Forsaken_Infinity

Dear god this episode ;_;

Oh my god. This is the first anime episode ever to win me over through sheer cute + sweet power. My god this was just too sweet.

People wanting them to kiss might be in for a long ride though, seeing as how pinkie-locking is all we got so far.
Old 2012-12-06, 03:50   Link #34
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
9/10. The only thing keeping me from giving this episode a perfect score is the fact that KyoAni seems to have little sense of tact. Rikka sung a very emotional song in memory of her late father, but it got cut off in favor of the show's ED. As much as I love Inside Identity, it felt really misplaced here. They could have kept going with Rikka's song, then continue on with the post-credits bit.
Agreed.... And this was a Takemoto episode... They have done it so much with Hyouka why couldn't Ishihara bother with that here?

Anyway Nibrotani is still bro. Dekomori giving heavy tones of yuri was really wat.

I never really expected that. I just thought that she thought she and Rikka were so alike and in sync with one another that she thinks Rikka is her older sister. Either my yuri goggles were too damn tight or that just didn't really seem like it was jealousy or frustration of losing her close friend that she closely considers her sister.

To sum up this episode is just one huge case of diabetes. I think it almost came close to that sexy hand time of Tomoya and Nagisa.

Can't wait for next week!
Old 2012-12-06, 03:55   Link #35
Forsaken_Infinity

I think Dekomori was just continuing with fantasy mode there tbh. But that expression on her face when she was talking about tabooed things being more delicious was well, very very delicious.
Old 2012-12-06, 04:26   Link #36
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I still can't feel my brain, that was such a fantastic episode. I seriously want another watch right now.
Old 2012-12-06, 04:35   Link #37
garbage

what can i say, wonderful episode... That confession ... plus so many other things...
Kyoani really delivers....

still amazed by the current crop of anime shows this season in numbers and quality, though some have fallen a bit from the front lines. still it's a good harvest, fro the Christmas season hope the shows keeps getting better and end up in BANG! ( + hopefully follow up seasons for the great ones ^^ like this)
Old 2012-12-06, 04:59   Link #38
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I'm glad that all my guess about the Takanashi siblings' mother are wrong. As I said when I speculated back in episode 7, I don't like my own idea. While I can chew a parent-abandon-her-kids story, it's stretching it for me. Especially when she raised a child to grow as old as Touka, it's hard to believe that anything, even the lost of her husband, would break her to the point of not doing a mother's duty. I don't like it when an anime use a truly bad parent as a plot device to push a couple together. Fortunately this anime (most likely) doesn't go that route. It'd have been a big negative for me.
Old 2012-12-06, 06:03   Link #39
Mubyoshi

Good episode, but the ED rolling in kinda ruined the mood though.
Old 2012-12-06, 06:36   Link #40
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Another Great Episode.... well the first is.....

Then again the half was depressing... Why do they have to spoil the other half.. It was near perfect!!! The Moe!!!

I wish it was this way around

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-12-06 at 17:53.
Closed Thread