AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-20, 13:08   Link #21
Goblinator

Check your inbox Hei.
Goblinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 19:09   Link #22
Hiei-

Thanks a lot ^_^

So, the first episode will be ready for the end of the month, maybe a bit before.

Edit : Channel is registered and ready to go (I won't idle there 24h a day and I'll be there probably at weird hours [french ones] but if you see a topic and a xdcc bot, you're at the good place ^^

#Frenchies-Subs on Rizon

(I will open a "blog" like I did for my french team in a few days to use it as website purpose)

Last edited by Hiei-; 2007-05-20 at 20:41. Reason: Added a new paragraph
Hiei- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 06:57   Link #23
Goblinator

Quote:
The translation is checked by two peoples who are the only two peoples who aren’t french in the team (a big thanks to them!)
Well lol I am not french but I can speak french without any problems. I know both languages a lot. For spelling, I am much better in english than french although I speak a dialect of french rather than english in real life.

But you may know why I speak both. I have been taught both at school and my island where I live was both occupied by english and french people. So funny because here, the official language is english but the rest of the island does not speak it.

You might have been wondering where I come from. Well I come from Mauritius.
(Ile Maurice in French)

Club Dorothee was being shown here too. Olive et Tom was the first manga I ever watched when I was 3 years old. Along with great other series such as Les Chevaliers du Zodiaques (Saint Seiya), Nicky Larson (City Hunter), DBZ, Candy (No idea why I watched that O.O). I also knew Goldorak (Grendizer) although I never really got into it.
Old 2007-05-22, 01:14   Link #24
Hiei-

Nice to know

Episode 1 is in encoding process.

I also made a little "website" : www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs (even if there's not lot of things on it, but it'll be modified late).
Old 2007-05-22, 08:12   Link #25
Goblinator

cool

Encoding is in process? Okay cool.

So when can we see the first episode ?

Should I warn captain tsubasa sites about it :P? Or maybe you prefer waiting?

Big thanks for doing these. I think you guys have done World Youth and Shin in French, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 2007-05-22, 08:37   Link #26
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiei- View Post
Because a timing should start when the voice start and end when the voice end ? (a bit before and after for each), and with scene-timing. That's how I think of how a timing has to be at least, and I don't see other way to do it (start it far better or stop it far after wouldn't look very good).

I would understand that for a translation, but for a timing lol, whatever

Anyway, if someone have something to say about the timing once the first episode will be released, I'll listen to it, but I don't think there will be.

By the way, script sent to editing.

The episode 1 will be released as soon as the script will be edited.

I'll probably think of making an irc channel at this time.

Here's my timing style:
0.15 leadin
If a start of a line is 0.30 or closer to the start of a scene, start the line at the start of that scene.
If a line start 0.05 or closer BEFORE a scene, and the the line right after start quickly after, stretch the line that started before the one rigth before the end of the scene to the end of that scene, and start the line at the start of the scene.
To try to say it simple...: start the line that starts just tad before the ending of the scene, a bit late (on the scene)

0.35 leadout
0.50 or closer to next line, after leadoutout, and leadin of next line, link lines together.

0.60 or closer to end of a sene, stretch to that scene.

0.3 or over the scene, cut it at the scene (only stretch over if it's clearly half a word or the likes, and if you stretch it over, link with next line that starts after the scene.

In cases where the lines can't have lead and leadout without overlapping, cut down on the leadout, and in cases where there can't be either lead in or leadout, cut both.
Unesscary overlaps are ugly.
Always try to avoid overlaps, even if it means cutting down on lead-in and lead-out.
If you have to do an overlap, use same standards as for normal timing.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 10:23   Link #27
Hiei-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaBla View Post
Encoding is in process? Okay cool.

So when can we see the first episode ?

Big thanks for doing these. I think you guys have done World Youth and Shin in French, if I'm not mistaken.
Probably at the end of the week, or at the start of the next one.

Encoding is long because I have to use lots of filters (DVD don't really have a good quality) to get a video with nice quality (near 12 hours of encode), and I need to make a few tests to get the best size (with french ones, I do 300 MB file, but it's probably a bit big looking at the common size of english subs, so I'll try 175 and 230mb and see. If there aren't many differences, I'll keep the 175mb one and if not, I'll keep the 230mb one. I think the 230mb will be better as I'm using XviD).

We did Shin CT yeah, and the four movies, and about World Youth, we released 8 episodes, so 4 left (will be done in english this summer, as soon as my friend will have finished his year of studies and bought the japanese dvd, because french ones are done from chinese dvd so we'll redo them, video quality looks good but the japanese audio sux a bit). The french team is called "Tsubasa-Fansub".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaBla
You can if you want to.
Old 2007-05-25, 08:39   Link #28
Goblinator

Good job. I am waiting happily for the first release.
Old 2007-05-25, 11:23   Link #29
Hiei-

It'll be available in a few days

I choose 230 MB about the release size.
Old 2007-05-26, 09:09   Link #30
Goblinator

230 mb? The quality must be very good. I don't mind the big download. I'm ready to download anything as long as it's direct download ^^.
Old 2007-05-26, 11:11   Link #31
Hiei-

The quality is fine (except on some littles part, usually red parts), I think, 175 MB was a bit "too little" with all the filters.

I could have get a bit better when 300 MB but it would really be "too big".

I'll put a sample of the dvd unfiltred when it'll be released anyway to show the differences.

Anyway, I'm open for all suggestions about encoding once the first one will be released.
Old 2007-05-26, 14:56   Link #32
Hiei-

In the end, the episode will be released tonight.

I thought it'll take a few days because at home my internet connection is crappy, but I give it to a friend and he's currently uploading it so except it in 2-3 hours.
Old 2007-05-26, 16:39   Link #33
Goblinator

a

megaupload or mihd or any other? I'm really getting all excited now.
Old 2007-05-26, 18:20   Link #34
Hiei-

Real http link for you, check your pm

Anyway, the first episode is released, it's available on BT & XDCC.

I will also post it soon on the submission thread's here.
Old 2007-05-26, 19:42   Link #35
Goblinator

I have watched it.

I have found a typo. It says I feel in the water and not fell. Well, I remember that I corrected that. There are two lines where it says fell. I think you edited something and left a mistake out. But it doesn't matter. One mistake won't ruin the episode.

To me, the quality was perfect. Filtering helps but it kind of makes the file big O.O. That's why I suggest to give direct download links to other people too. Or maybe we should contact some anime sites and give them the episodes so they can upload it in their database.

Overall, this was great. You did an awesome work on that and at the same time, you made someone very happy.

Last edited by Goblinator; 2007-05-26 at 20:57.
Old 2007-05-26, 21:47   Link #36
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaBla View Post
I have watched it.

I have found a typo. It says I feel in the water and not fell. Well, I remember that I corrected that. There are two lines where it says fell. I think you edited something and left a mistake out. But it doesn't matter. One mistake won't ruin the episode.

To me, the quality was perfect. Filtering helps but it kind of makes the file big O.O. That's why I suggest to give direct download links to other people too. Or maybe we should contact some anime sites and give them the episodes so they can upload it in their database.

Overall, this was great. You did an awesome work on that and at the same time, you made someone very happy.

I don't like the fact that it's French-English with no tl check, plus the timing :/
Hiei should at least have used the files from that earlier failed ct project, where we got some TLC and editing done.
Old 2007-05-26, 21:58   Link #37
Hiei-

Gah, I suck -.- I was sure to have corrected all, but it seems not -.- Next time, I'll be more carefully and double check your corrections to make sure I didn't forget to report one.

I'll do direct download soon but I don't think most people care, some peoples already took it with BT/XDCC without problems or complaining (I was seeding at 2000 K by the way).

There's also an Ozoora in the episode, bleh ;-; But I don't think it worth a v2, I will be more careful next time

Sangofe : It's not French-English, it's Japanese-English, as the two translations have been done by me. (You seems to read only what you want to =\)

Same as DarkSoul when he do his Saint Seiya scripts, he always do the french ones before and that don't means he then make french => english because he did some french ones before.

Frenchies-Subs means I'm French, not that it's a litteral translation of some french projects.

TLC on the old project ? Ep 3 script was the worst translation I never seen (I always have it if someone want to see it one day), ep 4-5 don't have a check at all, not the ones I have anyway and have several errors.

And, it has been checked. All the sentences I wasn't sure were translated by DarkSoul (for the others, I used the japanese manga to double check). But if someone find translations errors (especially big), feel free to post them, I'll gladly accept objectives critics.

Sorry for the timing, I forgot you were the god of the timing =\

I also don't know why I should use such or such files... If I quit the old project, it was because no one seemed to work on it, plus bad translations, I uploaded like 12 ep in VOB by the way, and we never saw at least one release, that... (I'm starting to wonder if it was just to got the VOBS... =\)

Anyway, I'm not here to create a flamware, or war, or whatever, if you want to sub it too, feel free to do so (this way, you'll be able to do it the way you like), but it's not my fault if you're maybe "angry" or I don't know because your work got unused, I answered you, I won't do more about this thing, don't want to have problems on this forum ^_^

Last edited by Hiei-; 2007-05-26 at 22:48.
Old 2007-05-27, 01:58   Link #38
sangofe

Quote:
Sangofe : It's not French-English, it's Japanese-English, as the two translations have been done by me. (You seems to read only what you want to =\)

TLC on the old project ? Ep 3 script was the worst translation I never seen (I always have it if someone want to see it one day), ep 4-5 don't have a check at all, not the ones I have anyway and have several errors.

Sorry for the timing, I forgot you were the god of the timing =\

(I'm starting to wonder if it was just to got the VOBS... =\)
Of course it's less accurate when you used french subs as a base.
Ep3 tl was indeed bad, I cannot say about 4-5, I've only been saying what other translators have told me.
The reason why the old project didn't get kept, was because the team's main translator (I'm not naming anyone) thought your translations were not good enough...

About timing, okay, you're forgiven, no seriously, a little leadin and leadout and scene-timing doesn't hurt, does it?

Why'd I need vobs if it's not to fansub?

I hope you can recruit highly qualified staff for CT, along with GOOD translation checkers and editors.
I'm not trying to fuck up things for you, I'm just being honest. Why?
Well, I guess it did disappoint me you didn't use my timing when you could've just filled into the times files.

END OF STORY:
I hope you can get a highly qualified team to do HQ fansubs of CT, and I also hope you can do full typesetting of all signs
Old 2007-05-27, 02:28   Link #39
Hiei-

Okay, this post seems less harsh so let's go :

Quote:
Of course it's less accurate when you used french subs as a base.
I didn't. When I did the english scripts, I did it from the raw so from japanese, so I don't see where it would be less accurate (what I explained before about frenchs, maybe I didn't really explained it very well with my crappy english, let's summary, it was more or less "I'm doing a japanese to french fansub, so it would be easy to make an english one, a.ka. a japanese to english one).

The english one is even more accurate than the french one in fact ;-) When I translated it again from the raw to english, I found some better ideas of translations for some sentences.

Quote:
The reason why the old project didn't get kept, was because the team's main translator (I'm not naming anyone) thought your translations were not good enough..
Which is the complete contrary of what you and all the others were saying at that time. The big problem was no one seemed motivated to edited them, so lol. I wonder what he thinks about ep 4-5 if he found 1-2 crappy lol ("Rokkoushin's runner" instead of "the runner of the sixth line", funny lol, not to mention all the characters name I had to correct although the names are easy to listen)

Who is ? Suzuran ? There were only her and the guy of ep. 3 (she did 4-5 and I did 1-2). I'm curious about what he have to say so say him to come here and make a detailled review of it, DarkSoul is maybe a crappy translator/checker in fact (it should suck to live in Japan with a crappy japanese XD), so let's just be convinced.

As long as there no argumentation about it, it seems that's nothing other than scum (especially when you're "not naming anyone", if he's sure of him, I'll be happy to listen to him, and thanks him for his help) and more like an excuse. I better trust DarkSoul than any others translators anyway, except argumentation which proves me the contrary.

It's like if I said "someone I trust a lot say me "fill-the-blank-yourself"'s team make crappy translations, and when people ask me "give some example, I'm answering "erm, you know, those things!

I did all the signs of the third episode but 95% of them seems useless, so I won't probably do them again later (like who cars about something like "Cycle Shop something", "Stationnery something").

So unless this person is sure of him and come to post by himself to explain it, I'll thinking probably like some others people than :

1) He don't exist
2) He's not sure of him

Maybe both lol.

About the timing, why do you care if the translation is crappy? That's mean you won't download it, so the timing be "like this" or "like that", whatever ?

Others translations checkers will be recruited as long as your friend will come and explain what he have to say, proving we need some others by saying some things like "01'02, line xxx, "in fact they say "put-japanese-retranscription-here", which should be translated by "put-english-translation-here" and not what you put, which is "put-my-translation-here" for all the wrong sentences (or most of it if there more a bunch of it). If not, I don't see the necessity of searching some others.

I'm not also mad about you, I didn't used the timing because I already had a timing done and I was planning to ask you if you wanted to do it for the following ones, and I know how it suck to did some work to a project you like and that this work become unused, but finally I won't as long as this guy come and explain what he have to do, if he exist, and/or if he's sure of him. Maybe he's right, who knows, never said he don't, but I don't like the people who hide themselves and don't give argumentations when you ask too.

But debate about this during decades would be useless, so as I said, two choices, if come here and say what he have to do, or else, if keep what he thinks for him if he's not sure enough to come and explain it here. I don't really see the interest of saying "something suck" if when the people ask you "Why?", you answer "It sucks, that all!".

If it's too timid (why not, lol), I can provide again the vob of the first episode if he want, to let him make his own translation, then posting both ssa and compare them.

I'm saying it a last time, if there's a lot of wrongs things, of course I'll be happy to know it to correct them, and also to kick DarkSoul's ass because he did a portion of each episode (and especially a big part of the episode three which was a lot different than the manga) and so if his japanese skills are in fact crappy, mass kicks for him XD

If not, I'll consider my translation isn't that bad, as no one as something to say against it yet (which isn't hard, I admit it, when you have the japanese mangas because 80% of the dialogs are exactly the same in the anime, so by using it, you can assure to not misunderstand some sentences).

We could also check the guy who scanlate the manga if your friend don't come, to see, if he's also have more or less the same thing as me, I think we can say who is wrong ^^; (Three people unlinked can't translate each dialog with each time the same error), but I'm lazy so if someone want to do it.

By the way, I'm just thinking about it, is he one of those you paid to make the last remaining translations of Wild Striker like you explained me a while ago? Because if it's so, I would maybe understand better why he's saying you something you maybe want to hear... Money rules everything.

In fact, maybe I'll stop the projects waiting until your friend come and points the hundred/two hundreds (?) errors, I wouldn't really distro some bad translations (like translations which are completely saying things other than the ones the characters says in fact) because there's always a possibility he's right, so I'll think about it and say it later.

Then I'll make a news on the website when I'll have finished to think about it, to explain it, posting a link to this thread and such, to let them get be aware of why I decided "this" or "that".

Last edited by Hiei-; 2007-05-27 at 03:00.
Old 2007-05-27, 02:57   Link #40
sangofe

Quote:
Who is ? Suzuran ?
Pm'd you nick.

Quote:
I did all the signs of the third episode but 95% of them seems useless, so I won't probably do them again later (like who cars about something like "Cycle Shop something", "Stationnery something").

Quote:
So unless this person is sure of him and come to post by himself to explain it, I'll thinking probably like some others people than :
1) He don't exist
2) He's not sure of him
He more like... did not wanted to get involved with the project, plus the team in question, did not want to offend you, wich is why this was never brought up during the initial project.
If I think about it now, I do think he said suzu's scripts sucked too >_<

Quote:
About the timing, why do you care if the translation is crappy? That's mean you won't download it, so the timing be "like this" or "like that", whatever ?
Because I *WANT* a CT sub to download, and archieve
Way more than doing the actual work xD

Quote:
Others translations checkers will be recruited as long as your friend will come and explain what he have to say.
What about full-time translators for the project ?
I wanna see CT subbed, as a fan.

Quote:
I'm not also mad about you, I didn't used the timing because I already had a timing done and I was planning to ask you if you wanted to do it for the following ones.
I agree, and I'm sorry I got agitated.

But debate about this during decades would be useless, so as I said, two choices, if come here and say what he have to do, or else, if keep what he thinks for him if he's not sure enough to come and explain it here. I don't really see the interest of saying "something suck" if when the people ask you "Why?", you answer "It sucks, that all!".

Quote:
If it's too timid (why not, lol), I can provide again the vob of the first episode if he want, to let him make his own translation, then posting both ssa and compare them.
You wouldn't need that anyway, since I still have those vobs.
The thing is... I don't think this guy did write a complete "review" of the tl.
And he's AWOL/MIA atm -_-
So... Sorry for over-reacting, and I really hope you do get editors, (and some translators couldn't hurt :P)