Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-10, 12:33   Link #121
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
Agree that,the day before yesterday I showed Momo to my friend . He got attracted by the name first,coz the name is Momo Shinigami. But later I found out that the only part he enjoyed is the last scene of the anime when Momo tried to chop the cat. In my opinion ,Momo is suitable more for the audience who want to watch drama anime with zero fan-service.I do enjoy these kind of show because if the anime has no fan service, the creators always try to put more effort on the anime rather than revolve around the fan-service scenes.
There are two types of fanservice. There is explicity sexual fanservice. (I do not need to describe what this is.) And, there is fanservice toward lolicon/pedophiles. This involves underage looking girls doing "Moe" things. This show falls into the second category very very clearly. From the triad's website:
Quote:
<Kanna> akagi feels like torture now
<LordBrian> just do it or i won't let you time the loli series >
<Kanna> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO
This show is considered loli by most people. (Except it was described as "this is a lot less loli that I expected" by someone too.) This show is really "slice of life x loli".

I have absolutely no interest in loli's so that part doesn't appeal to me at all. Which leaves slice of life and it fails at that.

And to the person who asked if it was an insult when I grouped Piano lovers into people who would like this show, this is why. Piano was the same.
Old 2006-03-10, 13:52   Link #122
Kanna
The Triad
*Fansubber

bayoab's in denial.
Old 2006-03-10, 13:55   Link #123
LytHka
Banned

Agreed.

Zettai Shounen was A slice of life kind of show... it won at that but it also won at moe loli fanservice (Miku <3).
Old 2006-03-10, 16:30   Link #124
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
And, there is fanservice toward lolicon/pedophiles. This involves underage looking girls doing "Moe" things. This show falls into the second category very very clearly.
Um, no. Differences of opinion are what make these forums worth visiting, but IMO this is outright misinformation.

I don't dispute that a sufficiently sick pedo will get off on non-sexualised portrayals of children. A sufficiently sick pedo will get off watching My Neighbour Totoro. But I'm assuming that you're referring to Momo, and not the two quite ordinary fifth-graders in the first episode (because otherwise this whole discussion is pointless).

Yes, Momo is cute. Yes, while she's presumably an ageless shinigami she looks quite young. But I resent the term "underage" here, because it sexualises childhood in the very manner you seem to dislike. Is AzuDai "loli" because of cute "underage" Chiyo-chan? Of course not. Similarly, I didn't see anything in the first episode to suggest that Momo is intended to gratify the dirty-raincoat crowd.

I'm sorry if I seem to be overreacting, but whatever flaws Shinibara may have, it doesn't deserve to be ignored by people because of claims it's pedo-fodder. If anything, this post is a plea not to dilute the terms "loli" and "fanservice" to the point of meaninglessness, so that people who dislike such content in their anime can continue to make informed decisions when they read threads like this.

Last edited by Simon; 2006-03-10 at 16:46.
Old 2006-03-10, 16:52   Link #125
Kawool
地獄女

Send a message via MSN to Kawool
Ep 2 subbed is out, this second ep was definitely better than first one !
i'm really liking these micro series ...
Old 2006-03-10, 17:04   Link #126
Aru
dead

Doesn't Shinigami no Ballad air in the middle of the night? If so, that seems like a sign to me of what the intended audience is.
Old 2006-03-10, 17:08   Link #127
EmptySoul
C1Anime

Yeah... I don't understand why every show that has a cute person in it that isnt even meant in a sexual way is considered "loli" by everyone. For one it takes a sick mind to even think of such a thing as loli unless there is some naked little kid or something in a show or something weird. I mean... you can go too far with calling things loli. Its almost like some people reach to call something perverted in some way even if it isnt.
Old 2006-03-10, 18:52   Link #128
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptySoul
Yeah... I don't understand why every show that has a cute person in it that isnt even meant in a sexual way is considered "loli" by everyone. For one it takes a sick mind to even think of such a thing as loli unless there is some naked little kid or something in a show or something weird. I mean... you can go too far with calling things loli. Its almost like some people reach to call something perverted in some way even if it isnt.
Please. Its totally lolitastic. For one, it airs in the middle of the night when only fapping perverts are watching, tightly squeezing their Momo body pillows. Second of all, Triad subs it. Thridly, Drago raves about that show. That my friend adds up to LOLI.

Oh, and I watched ep 1 ( OMG IM A LOLICON ) and honestly, I thought it was one of the more boring shows i've ever seen. Boring on a level with Kanon and Air (although SnB doesn't have the SUCK factor that those two POSes did)

And bay is lying. He loves Momo.
Old 2006-03-10, 19:51   Link #129
Kanna
The Triad
*Fansubber

grande you have no right to talk

[9:54pm] <PEDOS|Shana> lol drunken marjorie
[9:54pm] <Drago|Shana> olol drunken marjorie
[9:55pm] <Lumiere> Drago and <PEDOS> are like... 18 seconds apart in the ep

Same with you bay

<bayoab> shana isnt loli

Following the ideas to your post, if shana isn't loli, I don't know what is.

Anyway, back on topic before it turns into another "Umm... what's loli?" thread.
Old 2006-03-10, 20:22   Link #130
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Just my two cents, but SnB is hampered by shoddy animation and an uninspired plot line that is filled with holes. I'll take Hanbun's Rika over Shana anyday.

Back to Momo, I think it's a very solid short series on the drama of some little kids coping with death. That's it. Nothing sexual I say.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-03-10, 22:45   Link #131
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Just my two cents, but SnB is hampered by shoddy animation and an uninspired plot line that is filled with holes. I'll take Hanbun's Rika over Shana anyday.

Back to Momo, I think it's a very solid short series on the drama of some little kids coping with death. That's it. Nothing sexual I say.
It might not appear that way in the animation or the manga, but the thousands of momo doujin and body pillows in Drago and Kanna's basement would tend to disagree~
Old 2006-03-10, 23:10   Link #132
chamelean75

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-10, 23:32   Link #133
Eclipze

Meh, if you're going to choose the "aired after midnight" arguement, then it fails terribly as about 80-90% of animes are shown at that time range.

So, does that mean that all of those animes shown after midnight, are for perverts? Lovely logic...
Old 2006-03-11, 00:25   Link #134
dojikyo

I wasn't a big fan of the first episode but the second episode was signifcantly better.

It still suffers from the same problem that Jigoku Shoujo suffers from, i.e. the difficulty in getting the viewer to care about what happens to a character that will only appear in one episode.

On the plus side, the way it didn't follow the same formula as the first episode, which makes me want to see more. The tragic nature of the first episode lacked much impact given the predictability and the fact that the characters who sufffer were just introduced. The second episode is actually sweet and heartwarming. Maybe it was because my expectations were lower but I actually didn't see the real reason for her dislike of swimming ahead of time.

edit: Btw, Hantsuki was a pretty good, if somewhat compressed anime. I hope this trend of 6 episode series doesn't continue though. Despite the goodness that is REC, the 12 minute episode is another bad idea.
Old 2006-03-11, 04:53   Link #135
Simon
気持ち悪い

I like the hint of ghoulish humour that Daniel shows in ep 2 - it seems quite befitting for a cat

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-11, 07:48   Link #136
Shabazza
transcendental

Is there a connection between her dislike of swimming and the scar on her chest?
I didn't paid that much attention towards that so I may missed the point but imo there was no explanation.
Old 2006-03-11, 08:14   Link #137
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Meh, if you're going to choose the "aired after midnight" arguement, then it fails terribly as about 80-90% of animes are shown at that time range.

So, does that mean that all of those animes shown after midnight, are for perverts? Lovely logic...
80-90%? Yeah right.
Old 2006-03-11, 09:18   Link #138
Kawool
地獄女

Send a message via MSN to Kawool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabazza
Is there a connection between her dislike of swimming and the scar on her chest?
I didn't paid that much attention towards that so I may missed the point but imo there was no explanation.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-11, 10:18   Link #139
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDOS_GRANDE
80-90%? Yeah right.
While 80-90% may not be an accurate access of the number of animes that are shown around the "Otaku hours", It is still substentially high.

Animes I can think of that are shown in "regular/primetime" hours:
Spoiler:

Animes shown at "Otaku hours" (basically the time of the day where no school children would be awake, basically kids friendly animes)
Spoiler:

Obviously Im not 100% accurate.

Basically, primetime/regular hours animes ---> non-existant fanservice, Mostly aimed at Children, Shounen.

Anything else ---> Otakus hour.

And here you are, trying to justify that every single show aired at late hours, is being aimed at "perverted lolicons". Is Black cat such an anime? Is Mai Otome such an anime? Is Karin such an anime? Is Shakugan no Shana such an anime? Is Elfen Lied such an anime? Is Fate/stay night such an anime?

Once again, lovely logic.

Last edited by Eclipze; 2006-03-11 at 10:46.
Old 2006-03-11, 12:29   Link #140
lavielove

Second episode failed my expectation.I just felt like I got an another version of Jinko Shujo. On the top of that ,the notion of one shot episodes was really hurt. No kouta and no other characters from the previous episode. The only character I had a chance to see again is Momo and her moves are quite repitative. Too bad ... ep2 failed

{thx for sub ^_^ }
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, fantasy, shounen