AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-01-17, 23:02   Link #981
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I would've loved to see that plan for EP2 that never was.

And maybe a character from Higurashi would have been hilarious too.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 06:05   Link #982
Suchaku

Is there possibly others than me that are experiencing missing music while running the Translated Umineko? Sound effects and alike work, everything except the music.
Heeelp
Suchaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 11:47   Link #983
TheWitch0fDivinty

Question Buying the 1-4 games

I'm buying the 4 games of Umineko naku ni... ;O; But how do i put a patch inside a installed game? D: Is it any different from downloading the games?!
TheWitch0fDivinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:23   Link #984
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
I'm sorry but when I read "Umineko Naku Ni" I just had to laugh. It just seemed unusual to me. Not trying to be mean or anything. It was just a little funny.
Old 2009-01-20, 14:32   Link #985
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWitch0fDivinty View Post
I'm buying the 4 games of Umineko naku ni... ;O; But how do i put a patch inside a installed game? D: Is it any different from downloading the games?!
Are you buying them all for collection's sake? Every episode also have all the previous ones if you didn't know. You can have them all simply by buying Episode 4.

As for your question, there's a Readme file include with the patch that explain how to install it. You install it just like the patch for the demo.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:37   Link #986
Mystearika

yay my game has been shipped
Old 2009-01-21, 10:48   Link #987
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchaku View Post
Is there possibly others than me that are experiencing missing music while running the Translated Umineko? Sound effects and alike work, everything except the music.
Heeelp
Could you please be more accurate?
I wonder if you simply didn't use the retail version of Episode 1, instead of Episode 1 Demo.
Episode 1 is the only retail version that got its BGm in MP3, and Ryukishi quickly changed that into ogg in order to save a lot of space for the installation (I can't imagine how big the game would be if everything was in MP3). This is the reason why the BGM don't work at all in such case.
Please read the readme file and download the demo version over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
I'm sorry but when I read "Umineko Naku Ni" I just had to laugh. It just seemed unusual to me. Not trying to be mean or anything. It was just a little funny.
I fail to see how it is "funny", until you find any japanese title "funny".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystearika View Post
yay my game has been shipped
Good, I assume this is because your preorder was in the 20th january shipping lot, right?
Old 2009-01-21, 11:47   Link #988
Mystearika

yes it was in the lot but i ordered the game a little after new year. but it got sold out before they could send it
Old 2009-01-21, 12:14   Link #989
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
yes it was in the lot but i ordered the game a little after new year. but it got sold out before they could send it
That couldn't be helped I guess. Since they were on business holiday, I guess they received toncrap of pending preorder request (which mean the game was sold out much earlier than it might seemed), which explain why some of you got their package shipped only now.

Ah well, that is good news either way
Old 2009-01-21, 13:40   Link #990
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Quote:
You said you ordered yours from Himeya, right? Then where on earth is mine? I ordered my copy on December 29, and the status hasn't changed from Order Processing since 1/5/09. This is my first time buying from there, so I don't know if this wait time is normal. Should I start being a bit concerned here?
Old 2009-01-21, 13:52   Link #991
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aghra View Post
You said you ordered yours from Himeya, right? Then where on earth is mine? I ordered my copy on December 29, and the status hasn't changed from Order Processing since 1/5/09. This is my first time buying from there, so I don't know if this wait time is normal. Should I start being a bit concerned here?
Send them an email... they sometimes forget to update the status of orders
Old 2009-01-21, 13:58   Link #992
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Send them an email... they sometimes forget to update the status of orders
I hope that's the case with my copy. Just sent the email, hopefully I'll have an answer in the next day or so. Thanks!
Old 2009-01-21, 16:13   Link #993
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

I'm in the same exact position as you Aghra. Like you, I put in my order near the same date you put yours (27 for me, 29 for you) and like you, it still says my order is processing :| .
Only difference is this is my second time ordering from Himeya.

Looks like I too will need to send them an e-mail. Bummer.... Egh, I guess I'll do it when I get home from work.

Last edited by lovelysan; 2009-01-21 at 16:27. Reason: EDIT- I ordered the game the 27th, not the 29th. woops~
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 16:20   Link #994
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
I'd imagine there are probably more orders for Episode 4, seeing as how it has all 4 episodes, and so some people were probably waiting for it. So that's probably a big reason.
crazysjd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 17:14   Link #995
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysjd89 View Post
I'd imagine there are probably more orders for Episode 4, seeing as how it has all 4 episodes, and so some people were probably waiting for it. So that's probably a big reason.
That's why I wasn't too concerned with it taking so long at first, but you would think they'd process orders in the order they were received. If I'm reading the post correctly, Mystearika placed an order sometime after January 1, 2009, whereas lovelysan and I ordered at the end of December 2008. Of course, Sterling may be right about their not updating our status, and ours are already on the way, which is what I really hope happened.

Last edited by Aeriven; 2009-01-21 at 22:23.
Aeriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 17:22   Link #996
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I also hope that it's on the way... I ordered it on December 27th, so I've also been waiting quite a while. This is my first time ordering something from Himeya so I don't really know what to expect. I just sent an e-mail a little earlier.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 20:59   Link #997
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Well, got some good news...In the past few hours, I've received two emails from Himeya, the most recent being the tracking number for my package!! I guess my email gave them a kick in the butt! Maho Momo & lovelysan, hopefully yours are about to be sent out too!

Last edited by Aeriven; 2009-01-21 at 21:43. Reason: status changed
Aeriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 21:44   Link #998
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aghra View Post
Well, got some good news...In the past few hours, I've received two emails from Himeya, the most recent being the tracking number for my package!! I guess my email gave them a kick in the butt! Maho Momo & lovelysan, hopefully yours are about to be sent out too!
That's good, so I guess all they needed was an email. =P

My status updated to "Ship Within 24 Hours" not so long ago and now it's updated to "Shipped"! ^.^

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 21:53   Link #999
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Ditto~ And I didn't even have to send an e-mail. I'm gonna thank Aghra for this XD .
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 22:48   Link #1000
Mercurius

Yup, same thing happened for me as well. Looks like some of the orders got overlooked during the holidays...

Oh well, at least it's on it's way now. Work has kept me from finishing ep.3, something I hope to remedy this weekend.
Mercurius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation