AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-03-01, 11:45   Link #1941
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
^ You may want to adjust that list with the official romanizations.

http://www.dmm.com/netgame/feature/isab/character.html
The official romanizations can bite my ass - I've seen them. Rorentsuine isn't a name for any culture, let alone Dutch, and 'Vishunu' is clearly supposed to be Vishnu.

It's Roegen/Regen all over again.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 18:12   Link #1942
Convoy
Knight of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Island 1, Macross Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
The official romanizations can bite my ass - I've seen them. Rorentsuine isn't a name for any culture, let alone Dutch, and 'Vishunu' is clearly supposed to be Vishnu.

It's Roegen/Regen all over again.
Okay yes, that much is bullshit, but 乱音 is "Lunyīn"; it doesn't have an "ng" sound as with Lingyin's name. And your spelling neglects the second mora of "ベルベット" / Velvet.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 19:26   Link #1943
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Okay, I'll cop to Luan orz

But Velvet's missing 'l' was a typo XP
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-05, 13:16   Link #1944
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Okay, I have been playing Archetype Breaker, and here is a few things I can say about the new girls IS:

- Rorentsuine Laurent Di Fillney (Aulandy Bloom): A long-range I.S that is built around a BFG (think of a Blue Tear but with sunlight/sunflower motifs). Her special ability seems to be controlling machinery, and she could manipulated enemy units to destroy their own kins.
- Hell and Heaven (Velvet Hell): An artillery I.S. with boatload of missiles. She can also create and control ice just like Mysterious Lady
- Global Meteordown(Fanile Comet and O'niel Comet): A CQB fighter that uses pistols. It also has sonic cannons which amplified their singging into destructive sound waves
- Durga Sin (Vishnu Isa Galaxy): A melee-oriented unit that surprisingly fights using martial arts (most likely fantasy Muay Thai)
- Shenlong Ziyan (Luanyin Huang): Think Shenlong but replace the Dao with a Guandao, and additional machine guns
- Kyubi no Kitsune (Honne Nohontoke): From apperance alone, I woudld say that it is a zone-control I.S., though so far she only attacks with two whip-like appendage in game
- Svento Vito (Currier Luccukchefka): Haven't got her card yet, but from the videos it seems like her machine is something of a Russian analogue to the Rafale Revival.

Of course, there is more to them. Until now I have only drawn their lower rarity cards, and not one had been evolved. If I manage to do both in the future, I would tell you guys.
I don't suppose there has been any development here, has there?

Also new girl from the game - Griffin Redram, football (as in, Soccer for those of you in America) star, and Brazil's Representative.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 05:33   Link #1945
lovetospoon73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
I don't suppose there has been any development here, has there?

Also new girl from the game - Griffin Redram, football (as in, Soccer for those of you in America) star, and Brazil's Representative.
great another country rep that gonna fall for ichika
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 21:43   Link #1946
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
great another country rep that gonna fall for ichika
Infinite Stratos is a harem franchise. That's literally what it is. Get over it.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 09:27   Link #1947
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
I don't suppose there has been any development here, has there?
Also new girl from the game - Griffin Redram, football (as in, Soccer for those of you in America) star, and Brazil's Representative.
Well, since my last post, they have added Maya and then that Brazilian pilot. And in the character selection screen - you have to form a party of five before doing any battle - there is a new bar that shows how much bonus you could get with every character's special abilities in total.

For Griffin's story, I can't read Japanese, and my team isn't strong enough to go far into the story. But basically, it revolves around Ichika and Cecilia visiting Brazil and came across Griffin. Cecilia seemed sad for some reason, and after that the aliens began attacking.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 20:54   Link #1948
Convoy
Knight of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Island 1, Macross Frontier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2sX0C3kmhU

Wow, it looks disturbing that the game just uses a light novel illustration for Daryl / Rain and Forte instead of proper anime-style models as with the other characters.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 01:55   Link #1949
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2sX0C3kmhU

Wow, it looks disturbing that the game just uses a light novel illustration for Daryl / Rain and Forte instead of proper anime-style models as with the other characters.
It does, doesn't it? I thought that when we first heard they'd showed up months ago. It's...weird.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 12:07   Link #1950
Convoy
Knight of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Island 1, Macross Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
It does, doesn't it? I thought that when we first heard they'd showed up months ago. It's...weird.
This game even got some seiyū to voice them.

Like, if you're going to go that far, then why not render proper design models for them???
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 04:59   Link #1951
Chaos-Zero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Florida
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Hey, fellas.

I know I might have questioned you this somewhere before. But I like to ask you something. If Ichika were to tell the truth about Cecilia's cooking is bad, would Houki, Rin, Charlotte, Laura, and the Sarashiki sisters be happy about it? Cecilia probably won't.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 08:15   Link #1952
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Hey, fellas.

I know I might have questioned you this somewhere before. But I like to ask you something. If Ichika were to tell the truth about Cecilia's cooking is bad, would Houki, Rin, Charlotte, Laura, and the Sarashiki sisters be happy about it? Cecilia probably won't.
Probably, because it means they're better than her, and wouldn't have to eat her cooking anymore.
But as you've been told before - Cecilia's cooking isn't bad anymore, as of V9. It's just average.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 14:11   Link #1953
Chaos-Zero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Florida
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Probably, because it means they're better than her, and wouldn't have to eat her cooking anymore.
But as you've been told before - Cecilia's cooking isn't bad anymore, as of V9. It's just average.
I see. So Cecilia's cooking skills have improved a bit in vol.9. Just as average as you said. Sooner or later, the entire IS harem will have a cooking contest now that Cecilia enters the ring with her improved cooking skills to determine which one of their dishes will satisfy Ichika with the food they make for him.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 14:33   Link #1954
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
I see. So Cecilia's cooking skills have improved a bit in vol.9. Just as average as you said. Sooner or later, the entire IS harem will have a cooking contest now that Cecilia enters the ring with her improved cooking skills to determine which one of their dishes will satisfy Ichika with the food they make for him.
You mean another one? They've done that at least twice.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 06:56   Link #1955
LastPanzer
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Sydney
Anyone here interested in completing the entry of IS on TVtropes?
I mean, based on the knowledge of most recent events and character info?
At least, when the official translations come out?
I know I will be.
LastPanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 15:26   Link #1956
Convoy
Knight of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Island 1, Macross Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastPanzer View Post
Anyone here interested in completing the entry of IS on TVtropes?
I mean, based on the knowledge of most recent events and character info?
At least, when the official translations come out?
I know I will be.
I don't know if I want to get lost in starting an account on TVTropes, but if I do, I'll join you!
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 21:23   Link #1957
Gespenst1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
For those wanting to join TV Tropes, this is the thread for Infinite Stratos:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php...4677100&page=1

However, if you intend to provide translations of plot summaries of recent light novel volumes, I suggest you learn how to cite properly. Just provide the link as your sources and summarize as much as you could.
Gespenst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 19:35   Link #1958
Chaos-Zero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Florida
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Speaking of which, how would Houki and the IS girls feel if Ichika were to leave IS Academy?
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 20:49   Link #1959
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
I don't know if I want to get lost in starting an account on TVTropes, but if I do, I'll join you!
Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Speaking of which, how would Houki and the IS girls feel if Ichika were to leave IS Academy?
He never would, so the question is irrelevant.
Like, I'd try to help you by offering a guess, but...it's so out of character for both Ichika and the story that it just isn't really possible. Not without completely changing the tone.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 21:40   Link #1960
Chaos-Zero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Florida
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Hmm... with the final volume of the light novel is around the corner, Houki and IS girls better settle the score once and for all, confessing their love to Ichika and make it count. Once the final chapter is read, then the series will be all over.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen, stupid protagonist

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.