AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2003-12-08, 17:58   Link #21
Ral
Idea!

You can get Zombie Powder at toriyamaworld. I read the first two volumes and a half volumes of it. I just stopped reading it. Never really felt like reading it. It wasn't bad though. I'll probably get back to it sometime. I just have to remember what chapter I was at.

As for Bleach, the latest chapter was great. That was a fight I never expected to happen. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Ral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 19:11   Link #22
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
i read all of zombie powder that toriyama's world has, it's alright, but i personally like bleach a bit more, maybe cause i think that though there's a larger cast each one is getting to be well-defined.... eh. what do i know...

i do know i liked the last chapter.... heh.
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 09:17   Link #23
Tboz

Hmmm... dunno why I just prefer Zombie Powder. I dropped Bleach after 2 volumes.

Not sure how it had developed after that, I think I will try to catch up with it.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 09:32   Link #24
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
hey i just finished reading all 4 vol of zombie powder is it the author who stopped writing it or is it TW who stopped translating it or is it still going on in japan???
Old 2003-12-09, 10:00   Link #25
Tboz

It ends at volume 4 but I won't mind if Kubo-sensei decides to revive it.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 16:03   Link #26
whatever123

i never thought that an abrupt ending could happen in a manga thats my first time ever i always liked manga more because it was so original with no edits or fillers it really is frustrating the story had a lot of potential to be a great story we havent found out a lot of stuff regarding the characters
Old 2003-12-21, 15:59   Link #27
whatever123

hey guys bleach is licensed by VIZ i just got that from TW site they say they got it from animeondvd.

bad news to me no more bleach
Old 2003-12-21, 23:22   Link #28
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
the first vol should be out i think june/july? and though it's gonna be under the shonen jump name, it's not going into the actual magazine as far as i can tell, mainly cause the 1st volume should be out at the same time as HnG's first bound volume..... that's all i know/speculate about at the moment.
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-21, 23:29   Link #29
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
NO!!!!!!!!!! BLEACH WAS LICENSED!!!!!!!!!
I think I'll kill myself. Seriously.
Wait. I can't do that. Not before knowing who the true "Friend" is! Spoilers fro 20th Century Boys bellow:

Spoiler:

Man, Bleach was so cool. Now VIZ will take decades to release it... no more Bleach... I'm gonna cry
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-21, 23:38   Link #30
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Now VIZ will take decades to release it... no more Bleach... I'm gonna cry

Cry? You should cry if the author decided to quit without ending it. Now you can get it in book form in english, and support the author.

Or are you crying cause it's not free anymore?
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 00:05   Link #31
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
Don't we all.
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 00:25   Link #32
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
Quote:
No, because it will take Viz years to get to 6th volume.
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 02:09   Link #33
Ookla The Mok

Right now there's every sign that Bleach is NOT going into the English Shonen Jump magazine, which means that new volumes should be out every 2 months. If so, they'll get to volume 6...uh...June 2005.

Well anyway, you can still buy the Japanese versions. Volume 11 just came out.

Next week in Bleach is a 51-page climax chapter...that "climax" word is scary.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 02:49   Link #34
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok
Well anyway, you can still buy the Japanese versions. Volume 11 just came out.
Even if I do buy them, I wouldn't be able to understand a single word. Looks like I'll have to wait for Viz's version to come out, then...
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 07:54   Link #35
Vicious
merely a ghost

Quote:
Now VIZ will take decades to release it... no more Bleach... I'm gonna cry

Cry? You should cry if the author decided to quit without ending it. Now you can get it in book form in english, and support the author.

No, I'm crying cause VIZ will take years to get where TW was. And how will I buy Bleach if I live in Brazil? TW was my only choice.

And was you talking about Zombie Powder? "if the author decided to quit without ending it"? Man, Zombie Powder was cool, too bad Kubotite left the story unfinished.
Old 2003-12-22, 12:58   Link #36
LBW
I like obscure crap

Send a message via AIM to LBW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
No, I'm crying cause VIZ will take years to get where TW was. And how will I buy Bleach if I live in Brazil? TW was my only choice.
The first one to say he should order it online will get bitch-slapped. >.>';
LBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 16:46   Link #37
Vicious
merely a ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW
The first one to say he should order it online will get bitch-slapped. >.>';
Maybe you don't know the dollar is worth 3 times the current money here. I won't order things from the USA if I'll have to pay 3 times the price in dollar plus the import tax (which's 60% the price of the product + shipment in R$). Only if I was rich, and I'm not. Let's use some math. Taking in base Viz' Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac) manga price, which's US$9,00, let's see how much it would cost to import here in Brazil.

US$9,00 + US$10,00 (for shipment)= US$19,00
US$19,00 x 3= R$57,00
60% of R$57,00= R$34,20
R$57,00 + R$34,20= R$91,20

Final price of Saint Seiya GN 1= R$91,20
Since Bleach's price will be most likely the same as any other manga from Viz', I'd have to pay R$91,20 for Bleach GN 1. And no, I can't afford paying that in a single book.

PS. R$ (reais) is the current money in Brazil.

Last edited by Vicious; 2003-12-22 at 18:52.
Old 2003-12-22, 20:43   Link #38
Ookla The Mok

So you have to pay three times as much...so what? Wait until there are a bunch of books out and then get them all at once. At least you'll save on shipping.

Maybe you don't know that the dollar is worth 110 times as much as the currency where I currently am. Think about that for a bit and you should see that at least that part of your argument is stupid. How much does a liter of milk cost where you are?
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 21:45   Link #39
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Maybe you don't know the dollar is worth 3 times the current money here. I won't order things from the USA if I'll have to pay 3 times the price in dollar plus the import tax (which's 60% the price of the product + shipment in R$). Only if I was rich, and I'm not. Let's use some math. Taking in base Viz' Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac) manga price, which's US$9,00, let's see how much it would cost to import here in Brazil.

US$9,00 + US$10,00 (for shipment)= US$19,00
US$19,00 x 3= R$57,00
60% of R$57,00= R$34,20
R$57,00 + R$34,20= R$91,20

Final price of Saint Seiya GN 1= R$91,20
Since Bleach's price will be most likely the same as any other manga from Viz', I'd have to pay R$91,20 for Bleach GN 1. And no, I can't afford paying that in a single book.

PS. R$ (reais) is the current money in Brazil.
First of all, your math is a bit off . The price for Their Knights of the zodiac manga is $7.95 meaning that your calculations are off by about 5-10 dollars.

Second of all manga is not a need. So no one *has* to provide you with free manga. If you want the manga really badly you're probably better off getting the japanese manga, as it's much cheaper meaning less import fees.

Third of all, it's *your* country that imposes the import fees. It's to prevent your country's dollar from deterorating even further. It's to discourage buying into other currencys to purchase things. So it's not our fault nor the scanlater's fault, so there for neither us nor the Scanlater should be forced to facilitate you. You can just burn in a ditch for all I care.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 07:52   Link #40
LBW
I like obscure crap

Send a message via AIM to LBW
No, the problem is, Viz turned gay a while ago (like Raijin and Dark Horse) telling that their products are not to be sold outside of the US (and I think Mexico too >>?). I've seen some manga from viz here a while at a whooping price of 35 euro~
I understand people can pay a little more for manga, but that's insane. >.> And Viz obviously doesn't want people outside of the US to buy it anymore, so I don't really see why they should.

*still pissed at raijin for stealing my Slam Dunk fix >.>*
LBW is offline   Reply With Quote