AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-27, 21:11   Link #39981
demino_hellsin
That one guy

in cake eater verse, where Aries story takes place, Laura is waaaaaaay conditioned into a killing machine. It's both serious and yet not. I imagine the first time they meet, Laura is sleeping and Aries approaches her curious. She senses him and her training/brainwashing kicks in.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 21:25   Link #39982
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Then good luck explaining the repercussion
Old 2013-01-27, 21:52   Link #39983
DarkJak2050

Got some crossovers

I Don't Get Paid Enough (Halo)

Infinite Sword Art Online Memories (Yes, it's with Sword Art Online)
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 22:22   Link #39984
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Odd title for a Halo crossover... Only Ravens are qualified to say that
Old 2013-01-27, 22:51   Link #39985
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

"Gun Wolf is not a prototype, it is a mass production unit, it possess the original's strength and none of it's flaws. Before, Central Command wished for machines that can be produced in mass quantity reliably disregarding it's performance, thus Pack Wolf is born and quickly sent into front line, this result in a disaster"
- The opening of the Operating Manual for Gun Wolf as read by Dan Gotanda
Old 2013-01-27, 23:01   Link #39986
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Does anyone even read the manual anymore? Other than Amuro Ray?
Old 2013-01-27, 23:14   Link #39987
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The 'cockpit' in question dropped on his tent, form alternate universe AND history.

No one can blame him, besides, how he could get away with having humanoid WMD? He hides it in an unused container until Ichika appeared.
Old 2013-01-27, 23:27   Link #39988
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Nah, the unnerving part is that he actually reads the manual. As stupid as that sounds.
Old 2013-01-28, 02:46   Link #39989
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Can you post the drafts you want me to check again? I'll start later or tom.
Old 2013-01-28, 02:53   Link #39990
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Gun Wolf's audiovisual interface somewhat more complex than I.S. because of the inferior Man-Machine connection. There are two manual, with the digital one is more akin to a video-game tutorial/simulator. (Zone of the Enders style)

And above all, Gun Wolf is military grade combat unit, tank and ship crew ALWAYS have their manual ready despite operating and maintaining it being their second nature.

Needless to say, driving 4 meter suit without knowing the parameter is disastrous. The first time he slammed to a large tree, the second time, he tripped and fell off a cliff.

@ Eras
Sure thing, wait a bit so I can search.
Old 2013-01-28, 03:15   Link #39991
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Spoiler for Test Draft 04:

Spoiler for Test Draft 05:
[/QUOTE]

Spoiler for Test Draft 06:
Old 2013-01-28, 03:46   Link #39992
demino_hellsin
That one guy

gunwolf... trying to imagine it fighting while Savior in the Dark plays in the background.

Ike! Kaze no gotoku! Sadame no senshi yo!
Old 2013-01-28, 05:01   Link #39993
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Would it make sense that abandoning someone with their personal unit will force them to learn to take care of it?
Old 2013-01-28, 05:22   Link #39994
demino_hellsin
That one guy

take care of it? the thing is practically self maintaining... for the most part anyway
Old 2013-01-28, 05:23   Link #39995
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Would it make sense that abandoning someone with their personal unit will force them to learn to take care of it?
Normally (Ichika and Houki are exceptions), all assigned pilot ARE capable of maintaining and tuning their own unit to it's best performance, ensuring stable unit growth. Maintaining and tuning is virtually free task, like software debugging.

The only thing they can't do by their own is modify the unit, and that' only because the workhours required is too much hassle, not to mention restriction by the unit's true owner that outright prevent that (including the required resources).
Old 2013-01-28, 06:02   Link #39996
demino_hellsin
That one guy

aren't the pilots only able to work on minor tuning? More complicated stuff seems to be left to the techs. I'm not even talking about parts replacement. Analysis that is left unsupported by AI is one task I'm thinking. But overall the IS does seem to take care of itself doesn't it?
Old 2013-01-28, 06:10   Link #39997
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
aren't the pilots only able to work on minor tuning? More complicated stuff seems to be left to the techs. I'm not even talking about parts replacement. Analysis that is left unsupported by AI is one task I'm thinking. But overall the IS does seem to take care of itself doesn't it?
I.S. develop like self-improving computer program, there WILL be minor bugs here and there. This is put on emphasis in V7 during Kanzashi arc, where ByakuShiki's setting is far form optimum due to it's rapid development and Ichika simply has no clue how to fix it until Tatenashi intervenes.

Indeed, major tuning requires techies because once again, it's complex and time consuming when done alone. But if the pilot regularly check it's development frequently, they will literally require nothing else since the minor bugs are fixed rather than piling up overtime.
Old 2013-01-28, 06:13   Link #39998
demino_hellsin
That one guy

hmm... Tate did? Must not be reading enough.

I thought it was simple due to AI assist. So it's kind of like regular clean-up... huh.
Old 2013-01-28, 06:20   Link #39999
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
hmm... Tate did? Must not be reading enough.
1. About the booster inefficiency, the timing of ignition and fuel spraying is mismatched. Byakushiki's propulsion apparently pulse jet type rather than continuous turbine/rocket.

2. Setsura's energy cannon, whose difference between input and output is too staggering. Become especially important when Kanzashi asked HIS data and he gave TATE's more well adjusted data instead, Kanzashi become suspicious as the result and really angry when she found out that her sister helped her all along.

Quote:
I thought it was simple due to AI assist. So it's kind of like regular clean-up... huh.
I can be wrong though, I only read parts of the novel for the tech relevance, not entire book.
Old 2013-01-28, 06:20   Link #40000
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I was actually leaning more to real, non-IS type units.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest