AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-01-25, 11:12   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 892 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's back to business as usual! Credit goes to AP's Ukimix and YonkouProductions for the info:

-Chapter title is "Acknowledging a strong enemy". Ministory involves Leo's crew getting their own pirate ship.... with a figurehead based on the legendary Usopp face.

-Perospero is reluctant to let Big Mom eat the cake, as he believes Capone poisoned it. After all, BM's death would ruin Totland's stability..... however, if he goes ahead and destroys the cake, he knows his mother would kill him, so he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. At the same time, Capone assures Sanji that he won't tamper with the cake, but says he'll handle BM his way afterwards. The cook agrees, as baking and delivering the cake was his only duty.

-Sanji meets up with the rest of the crew. Nami is about to tell him about Pedro, but Brooke stops her and lies that he's resting in the Sunny with Carrot. Meanwhile, Peros is rallying his forces: He orders his siblings Smoothie, Citron, and Cinnamon to go after the Sunny, while he handles Capone, who's provoking him and Big Mom. Jinbei notes that the ships have them completely surrounded at this point, which signifies that BM's forces have acknowledged the Straw-Hats as foes who must not be underestimated......

-There's still three hours left until the appointed meeting time with Luffy at Cacao Island, but the crew is unsure exactly when or where their captain will show up. Sanji, however, proposes a plan. Meanwhile, at Cacao Island, Oven orders the residents to break their mirrors. That way, if Luffy does manage to escape, there will only be one exit available..... where BM's forces will be awaiting him. Meanwhile, in the mirror world, Luffy is still holding his own against Katakuri. The commander realizes that if he lets the fight drag on for much longer, the rubber man's comprehension of observation haki will match his own. Thus, he intends to end things as quickly as possible before it reaches that point, and pierces a huge hole in Luffy's body with his spear.....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-01-28 at 22:57.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-25, 12:33   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A big set up chapter. Easy to predict the Germa will foil the BM forces' plans.

I wonder why Brooke hid Pedro's death from Sanji. He's bound to find out at some point anyway.
Old 2018-01-25, 17:48   Link #3
Rainbowman

This suspense is maddening. Luffy better finish his fight fast to escape.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-26, 00:17   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

OMG how could Dressrosa shipwright made the ship like that!? But at least The Tontattas are liking it since Usopp's "signature" of defeating sugar is used as the head of the ship XD
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-26, 01:41   Link #5
SilverGlavenus

What are you guys' speculations about the years of training Katakuri had to achieve his Observation Haki?? I know Haki can be heightened when facing strong enemies but isn't this a little bit forced ??
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-26, 16:01   Link #6
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wonder why Brooke hid Pedro's death from Sanji. He's bound to find out at some point anyway.
in that situation is better wait until they are out of there, they don't want a sanji feeling guilty and blaming himself for pedro death.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-26, 23:31   Link #7
marvelB

Geez, Leo's new ship....

Anyway, I was rather amused by the return of the Classic Sanji reaction to Nami, heh. I also found it rather interesting to see that Citron and Cinnamon are also long-legs.... looks like we have another set of triplets. And damn, it looks like Luffy took a rather nasty shot from Katakuri in that last page.... and that bitch Flampe sure is enjoying the show. But it's clear that our rubber hero will turn things around soon enough....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-27, 00:46   Link #8
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh no.. that wound looks bad for Luffy

surprised that Pudding didn't show any jealousy toward Sanji's affection toward Nami
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-27, 11:14   Link #9
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, I was rather amused by the return of the Classic Sanji reaction to Nami, heh.
Classic lecher Sanji, most likely to get shot down again unrequited by Nami much like how Boa Hancock gets shot down unrequited by Luffy.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-27, 12:37   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Luffy's wound looks really bad. But if Whitebeard could keep fighting after losing half his face, Luffy can probably manage to do the same with this wound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Classic lecher Sanji, most likely to get shot down again unrequited by Nami much like how Boa Hancock gets shot down unrequited by Luffy.
He pretty much already got shot down. After she hugged him and he went full perv, he tried to hug her again and she avoided him. I'm also surprised there was no display of jealousy from Pudding. The absence of a joke regarding Pudding is actually worrisome, as it could mean her jealousy could turn out to be something serious and her dark side could try to hurt Nami.
Old 2018-01-28, 14:05   Link #11
Hoodspirit

I don't think she will do anything to Nami, she even let Nami touch Ravian this chapter without making any fuss.
Nami did enough to show that she is no thread to Pudding's feelings by evading Sanji's advances.

But it could get very dangerous if she drops the support for the Straw Hats because she fell out of love with Sanji due to his behaviour. She has been a major factor in them staying alive, and she can easily be their downfall.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 00:31   Link #12
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

so... luffy got like half of his torso ripped out? lol
Old 2018-01-29, 16:12   Link #13
necrolyte

^I think in the next chapter Oda will show us that this was Luffy's vision of the future and this will be the moment he manages to over power Katakuri(probably )
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 18:45   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
^I think in the next chapter Oda will show us that this was Luffy's vision of the future and this will be the moment he manages to over power Katakuri(probably )
I hadn't thought of that, but now that you mention it, it just seems so obvious!
Old 2018-01-30, 02:42   Link #15
Clipens

Nice Cover!!!

Pudding remained on the carpet. She probably want to return on Cacao Island.

Capone Bege is preparing a trap for Perospero. Liqueur island is probably full of alcohol.
Alcohol + Prometheus = "Sweet Hazard"
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 03:54   Link #16
SilverGlavenus

All of Bigmom's children have some oversized or redudant parts on their body. Oversized mouth, legs, tongues, arms, belly, hip, ...

I wonder what the straw hats bounties would be after this. Sanji may finally surpass Zoro's bounty.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 06:26   Link #17
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
All of Bigmom's children have some oversized or redudant parts on their body. Oversized mouth, legs, tongues, arms, belly, hip, ...

I wonder what the straw hats bounties would be after this. Sanji may finally surpass Zoro's bounty.
True, since Sanji state that his bounty will be higher than Zoro during Eines Lobby. Sanji himself though, already higher than Zoro in first bounty with 77 million while Zoro is 60 million for first bounty.
Old 2018-01-30, 14:16   Link #18
necrolyte

^If you judge the bounties like that Luffy's first was only 30 million
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 20:01   Link #19
Ramero

^Zoro is 60 million and Sanji is 77 million for their first bounty.
Old 2018-01-31, 21:01   Link #20
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
surprised that Pudding didn't show any jealousy toward Sanji's affection toward Nami
Yea, I kept waiting for that to happen too

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
That has a high probability of happening. That's why I'm not a fan of that type of power and especially with Luffy having it. It doesn't fit his character and it leads to endless red herrings and fake deaths. E.g. How many times are we going to see Kaidou fake kill people now?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote