AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-04-25, 07:39   Link #141
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I still sad because the loli goddess is dead. and she's a good. so far, there are no clues yet provided to bring one back alive.
__________________
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 10:28   Link #142
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I still sad because the loli goddess is dead. and she's a good. so far, there are no clues yet provided to bring one back alive.
I mean, they set up Kiriha coming back the same chapter we found out she was dead. But with the water god it was just "nah she dead-dead, go kill your mom"
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 11:40   Link #143
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
man i really don't understand what peoples are complain here, it will be obvious which everyone who died or was trapped (his sister) will come back soon or later again this show is not your "blood/gore show" where peoples will die like flies and stay dead, it alread was surprising the writer have balls to kill popular girls, ofcourse everyone is gonna come back, it's just which it take a lot of time, if i'm not wrong he author already had told which he was to bring back kirihara at one point, because she still the "main girl in the end" and most popular, while this serie is like a true harem where the mc can have much girls as he want kirhara sill the most popular and fans where waiting for her come back.

IF you where expectating something different them you really come to the wrong serie.

the tone of this serie aways was too "light" and too much focused in near porn to be a serious serie with "real deaths" and consequences.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 21:59   Link #144
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
man i really don't understand what peoples are complain here, it will be obvious which everyone who died or was trapped (his sister) will come back soon or later again this show is not your "blood/gore show" where peoples will die like flies and stay dead, it alread was surprising the writer have balls to kill popular girls, ofcourse everyone is gonna come back, it's just which it take a lot of time, if i'm not wrong he author already had told which he was to bring back kirihara at one point, because she still the "main girl in the end" and most popular, while this serie is like a true harem where the mc can have much girls as he want kirhara sill the most popular and fans where waiting for her come back.

IF you where expectating something different them you really come to the wrong serie.

the tone of this serie aways was too "light" and too much focused in near porn to be a serious serie with "real deaths" and consequences.
First of all, I am not in the wrong to hope that at least one japanese series has the actual balls to let one of their main characters stay dead. The trope of bringing back dead important characters takes away any and all tension the series might have had, it only takes one character returning to make all of it go away.

Second, I never said anything about "blood and gore", I just wanted/hoped that the series actually had dire repercussions to characters dying, nothing more, nothing less.

Third, the writers balls to "kill off popular girls" just retracted back into his body the moment Kiriha cames back.

Fourth, I don't care to follow or shadow the mangaka enough (more like at all) to hand on his every word. If he was going to bring her back then he should have had her (and any other character that might return) go into a coma like state or something, instead of outright killing them off. Now he has contradicted himself especially considering all the characters that have died so far anf how many times it was made clear that they would never return, if Kiriha can return then why should I worry for any of the tools getting killed off by the enslavement faction? The MC can just return them to normal with his MC privilege. And, if it was the work of some other tsukumogami, then why keep it a secret that you can revive everyone that has been used up? Even worse would be if she came back just because the needle tsukumogami stitched her pieces back up, that would definitely go against the established lore that they can't be put back together and are dead as a door nail.

Fifth, I wasn't expecting anything different, if anything I called this on this very thread the moment I read the chapter where they were supposedly "killed off". Hoping japan has the balls to go against the norm =/= expecting there to be blood and gore (seriously, where the hell did you get this idea from? No one mentioned it at all).

And lastly, if it was "too light" and was more focused on the porn then why have any deaths at all? Why have life or death battles with characters trying to kill someone? If you want your series to have battles the you need to have tension, if you want tension then there need to be consequences to said battle (especially if you establish since early on that there will be deaths), if there are no consequences then why have character development surrounding said consequences if you are just going to undo it all?

Like I said, I had already called this long ago so whatever, it's not like I really care that much, but if I don't like a development then I don't like it, all I did was express my thoughts on it nothing more, nothing less.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 23:21   Link #145
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
When the author's pixiv page is more honest about where the direction of the story is going than the story itself.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 23:22   Link #146
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
First of all, I am not in the wrong to hope that at least one japanese series has the actual balls to let one of their main characters stay dead. The trope of bringing back dead important characters takes away any and all tension the series might have had, it only takes one character returning to make all of it go away.

Second, I never said anything about "blood and gore", I just wanted/hoped that the series actually had dire repercussions to characters dying, nothing more, nothing less.

Third, the writers balls to "kill off popular girls" just retracted back into his body the moment Kiriha cames back.

Fourth, I don't care to follow or shadow the mangaka enough (more like at all) to hand on his every word. If he was going to bring her back then he should have had her (and any other character that might return) go into a coma like state or something, instead of outright killing them off. Now he has contradicted himself especially considering all the characters that have died so far anf how many times it was made clear that they would never return, if Kiriha can return then why should I worry for any of the tools getting killed off by the enslavement faction? The MC can just return them to normal with his MC privilege. And, if it was the work of some other tsukumogami, then why keep it a secret that you can revive everyone that has been used up? Even worse would be if she came back just because the needle tsukumogami stitched her pieces back up, that would definitely go against the established lore that they can't be put back together and are dead as a door nail.

Fifth, I wasn't expecting anything different, if anything I called this on this very thread the moment I read the chapter where they were supposedly "killed off". Hoping japan has the balls to go against the norm =/= expecting there to be blood and gore (seriously, where the hell did you get this idea from? No one mentioned it at all).

And lastly, if it was "too light" and was more focused on the porn then why have any deaths at all? Why have life or death battles with characters trying to kill someone? If you want your series to have battles the you need to have tension, if you want tension then there need to be consequences to said battle (especially if you establish since early on that there will be deaths), if there are no consequences then why have character development surrounding said consequences if you are just going to undo it all?

Like I said, I had already called this long ago so whatever, it's not like I really care that much, but if I don't like a development then I don't like it, all I did was express my thoughts on it nothing more, nothing less.
well i totally disagree with you about your ""tension" logic, almostevery shounen or seinen or even western cartoon/manga/anime/novel whatever source you want, its not jut "japan" go read and watch marvel, dc, or many others fictions, it's common you have characters in dire situations and many times no one dies, others some die and come back just after, others take time(specially if the character is not that popular) and even sometimes they really stay dead(when they are really, really low popular/hated), that is not exclusive to japan.

Consequences not aways equal to death of a main character can be others things and i'm fine with it, because it's not the first time it happened and not the last time and i like that, it's just a matter of "taste" if you like of dire consequences and deaths ok, fine it's your preference, but this don't means which it is a "rule" and everyone.

Some mangakas like to do that because it's create exactly that tension for some peoples and for others can make the "come back even more epic" yeah, actually some peoples like when a character die and come back later in a epic way it's a fanservice, ofcourse not everyone like it like you but some peoples like and as i told i'm fine since it never really bothered me, only when a serie is true trying to be serious and realist, but a serie like that with so much near porn and comedy, it will be a real surprise if they don't come back than they "come back" because it is what you are expectating, it's like you see the snow white die and expectate she stay dead", as a exemple, you must know before hand what sort of serie you where before start to "hope for something" that is what i feel really being important.

Even if not by some outside info, even on his manga he aways give some explanations about what he is doing or want do in the future" and it aways was clear what exactly the type of serie he was writing.

To be fair i see what he did much more like a tool for him work on the harem tham really actually wanted them to really die, if you think like that it was really a smart move because he don't need to keep going back to that girls because of fan base A or B, with that characters out of play he can work on others as much as he want until he feel is the right time to bring them back.

And the battle had consequences cuz the girls died, if they can come back is another history but the consequence was there, it's just not was a permanent one, just because it's temporary don't stop being a consequence and it make him want to become more strong to undo what happened, it affected him and that was the point, it did what was supposed to do.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-04-25 at 23:34.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 12:57   Link #147
marconii2002
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
From today's author live stream

Spoiler for Flute:
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 18:50   Link #148
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Here's the thing with character deaths in anime/manga/LN. In pretty much all major stories the death of a character is a huge deal especially if it's a major one. You get so used to the character and their interactions that them dying is a huge deal. One of the things that made a lot of people angry with DBZ was that nobody was ever dead for long so it wasn't a big deal.

FT had a similar issue because you saw characters struggle and die and you sit there saying... oh they're not really dead.

The fact that they're bringing Kirika back after the huge emotional toll and everything that came around her death cheapens the death at all.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 01:51   Link #149
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Here's the thing with character deaths in anime/manga/LN. In pretty much all major stories the death of a character is a huge deal especially if it's a major one. You get so used to the character and their interactions that them dying is a huge deal. One of the things that made a lot of people angry with DBZ was that nobody was ever dead for long so it wasn't a big deal.

FT had a similar issue because you saw characters struggle and die and you sit there saying... oh they're not really dead.

The fact that they're bringing Kirika back after the huge emotional toll and everything that came around her death cheapens the death at all.
i know that, but this don't change the fact which all that series are loved by fans in the end, because not everyone and specially majority don't really give a shit about peoples dying and stay dead specially if they know which this is "not that sort of serie", kirahara coming back was foreshadow a long time ago and was just a "matter of time" until the writer feel it's time to come back and as i told the same happen in western cartoons where characters die and come back later.

I'm not saying which deaths are supposed to be meanless, but which you can only expectate "peoples dying and stay dead" in the "right places", series like dbnz, ft, one piece and many others pretty standart mangas peoples dying and stay dead are the "last thing you must expectate" and if they happen gonna be for "minor characters and rarelly for major and majority of fans actually like much more when a character die and come back later with a awesome coming back thn stay dead to be honest because when comes to "standart" series agian don't matter if japan or western it's pretty much what gonna happen, for me what matter if the story, plot, battles, romance, fanservice and others things are good enough, if they are good i really don't care if peoples gonna stay dead or not, because what is matter is the fun the serie is giving and honestly this is one of the "really few harems" which i actually honestly like, comming from someone which normally hate most harems.

Like i told for the aways the most important thing is know where are you stepping and make sure it is really what you are looking for even if it can take many chapters until you realise and as i told that serie being "light" never was a surprise the writer aways was clear about "what he was going to do next, for exemple like the glasses girl he is looking to finish this arc to be able to go back to school to get back to her, he is pretty much a 'fanservice" mangaka but ofcourse this don't means which he can't do battle or kill peoples" but it means which you can't have "high expectations over it, because probably you gonna get full disappointed.

if that serie was like akami ga kill and more serious series like that i could really understand peoples being upset about peoples dying and come back, because it really kills the serie mood but a serie like that, it's really look werid for me, remember most of the series which peoples complain or where shounen and supposed to be watch from 'kids" like 10 to 15 in japan is really weird expectate that sort of thing, the same goes for some "seiene or more mature series", when you have the "tone and mood of the serie" set in stone" expectate something different from it also sound bad, because this serie was really more for "perv" and peoples which want "more fun" and battles rater tham a more deep and dark plot.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 19:33   Link #150
zezegui222
A simple man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Brazil
Age: 21
The portuguese translated chapter came out today and.... I really liked this chapter. Is impossible to describe my satisfaction when I saw this page:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by zezegui222; 2018-05-06 at 23:34.
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 06:12   Link #151
Windsgrace
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Ara its not loading for me. I only see a half finger width line that goes from under the word images all the way to where it says link 150. Is the image too large?
__________________

Last edited by Windsgrace; 2018-05-06 at 22:35.
Windsgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 08:41   Link #152
zezegui222
A simple man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Brazil
Age: 21
It's a 836x1200 illustration. I uploaded the illustration on imgur and changed here, try to look again.

Edit: \/ I sent a PM to you with the link

Last edited by zezegui222; 2018-05-06 at 23:40.
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 22:35   Link #153
Windsgrace
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Edit: Still no luck. :P
If you link it, it might work.
__________________
Windsgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 05:56   Link #154
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
aye, I dunno how to feel about the new chapter
__________________
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 07:23   Link #155
Windsgrace
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
aye, I dunno how to feel about the new chapter
Ara its out?
__________________
Windsgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 07:42   Link #156
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
^you can check it on a certain popular "platform" my friend
__________________
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 13:52   Link #157
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
There's a thread for it on r/manga, with a link to the whole chapter in an imgur gallery, assuming you can't find it anywhere else. It's not up on the normal manga hosting sites yet because the scanlators still have some editing and such to do, but this version is perfectly functional for finding out what happens next.
__________________
<img src=http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5491/girlsundpanzermakoxsodo.png border=0 alt= />
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 15:59   Link #158
Windsgrace
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
I was talking 110.
__________________
Windsgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 20:57   Link #159
whiteshadow
Slowly Dying
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
They better have a good explanation of how kiriha is still alive, so disappointed
whiteshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 22:40   Link #160
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteshadow View Post
They better have a good explanation of how kiriha is still alive, so disappointed
I dunno, maybe it's the explanation they set up almost immediately after she died. Where if Kazuya keeps her remains with him long enough his spiritual energy will absorb into her and bring her back. The reason he was carrying her fragments around with him at all.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
borderline hentai, comedy, drama, seinen, strong plot

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.