AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-11, 02:49   Link #101
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
hmmm don't know that cel =/

well for me now im on the armageddon book, and its pissing me off =__=
I mean with oswald of all ppl too, I just can't seem to be patient enough to just keep attacking and running, I just want to keep slashing away XD

and Gwendolyng is my best character in the post battles ^^;;

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 18:10   Link #102
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I felt that Gwendolyn seemingly had criticals more often than the other characters; maybe the game was designed so that this would be the case. Don't know for certain, though.

I haven't touched the game in a while, but I'm stuck on the Book of A as well. Need to go back and power up all of my characters, and I'm just not too keen to do that...
Old 2007-08-12, 05:05   Link #103
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

o.o If Gwen really has higher chances of crits, then the developers must really love her. Shadow Ally more or less gets any job done already. xD

I as well am stuck on the Book of A. Cornelius is a measly 32/19 and I'm chipping his boss to death. A few random mistakes and Cornelius is dead. =.=
I don't even want to think about Velvet, seeing as I left her at 46/2 =.=
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 10:20   Link #104
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Shadow Ally is amazing! I hope that at least a few of the other characters get it as well. It doesn't leave an opening for getting a combo breaker, and it finishes things very quickly.

It's a bit embarrassing, but Velvet was my strongest character at the end... ;P I think it's because I didn't start aggressively making 90 bottles until I played with her. It was also easier to get better food with her because I already had the majority of the recipes when starting.
Old 2007-08-12, 19:22   Link #105
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Yeah, Shadow Ally is indeed amazing. If you've got enough levels to spare, toss in Overload and see Gwen shred anything to pieces. Too bad overload doesn't affect the shadow attacks though, but it's still a *2 modifier on your attacks. xD

You don't have to be embarassed, my Velvet was also my most powerful for reasons similar to yours. I figured that I was always stocking up on different potions but was never using them. I decided to just exclusively make 9x potions and 98 Xtra Phozons and Velvet was waaay ahead of the previous four books in terms of phozon levels. xD

EDIT: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm523359
This time, it's Cornelius. It wasn't perfect all crits, but he was able to do it consecutively around the middle.
Spoilers for Book of A first boss.

Last edited by celcius; 2007-08-12 at 20:42.
Old 2007-08-13, 01:36   Link #106
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post

I as well am stuck on the Book of A. Cornelius is a measly 32/19 and I'm chipping his boss to death. A few random mistakes and Cornelius is dead. =.=
I don't even want to think about Velvet, seeing as I left her at 46/2 =.=
Your HP on your characters is 19 and 2?
The HP for my characters is much higher... i raise my Hp along with my Psypher level, though not by using any phozons. I make all of my 9x materials into yogurts (unless i need some other potion like painkillers), use my hoarded seeds to raise chickens, then harvest some carroteers, and use my ariel coins to make Yogurt stew... does wonders for the HP level... i do something similar once Valientian coins and ruetwort seeds become more common, and little bit with last coin... though those are rare; though i don't think it's as efficent... Mercedes leveled up nicely since she was able to get quickgrows from replaying the forest which could grow ingredients without phozn use... Oswald was particularly easy since he has access to the pooka village right from the get go...

i normally would get less phozons than you since i don't benefit from the X-potions like you do, but iend up making up for it since i need to make quick detours to gather some ingrdients like those carroteers, which leads to more fights, which means more phozons... not sure, but my mercedes for instance, i think ended at something like 45?/55? (not sure of the exact numbers off hand)... grant it, i'd be willing to bet i might spend more hours on each character than you, since i take those detaours =/... i always have a tendancy to take much longer than nessasary while playing an RPG
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 03:00   Link #107
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

@Slayerx:
Yep. Cornelius 19 is what I got when I was playing normally. Velvet's 2 is a self imposed, supposed to be no HP levelup run. I had to eat a mulberry for Odette though. I was retrying the fight against her at 28 HP; there was really no hope. xD

And I also have another self-imposed rule of no revisiting levels. I broke it for Cornelius though, I got so pissed at Belial and littered the arena with 10 napalms. xD
Honestly I don't think it was such a good idea. I had to replay Gwen and Cornelius so far since Cornelius' HP was barely even 500 and I didn't have Shadow Ally back then.

I'll go and test a few ideas on manual crits later. I'll be sure to post any positive results.

EDIT: This doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I'm having a hard time getting a guinea pig for testing =.=
Although from the 30 or so Darkova battles, I seem to be doing more crits than I normally see. Still inconclusive though. =/

Last edited by celcius; 2007-08-13 at 10:45.
Old 2007-08-13, 23:31   Link #108
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
YAY finally I have annihalated darkova and the King G***** man those guys weren't hard just very aggravating to defeat, my cornelius always beat up on darkova maybe cuz he was at a decent level and I prepared like crazy with him.

I had a whole bag of Elixers, and tons of defence potions in another bag xD

but all I needed was Unlimited Pow and Elixers, then just overload ur problems away

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 19:16   Link #109
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Yeah, 2nd Armageddon boss was a total pain. Really annoying and probably the most annoying Armageddon boss. I find it funny how I was able to use Psypher Heal to full health when I was fighting this battle, LOL.
Oh wait, most annoying boss has to be 4th Armageddon boss using Mercedes. =.= You'd think it'd be easier with flight, but you can't just fly straight up. And Mercedes' lack of multi-target attacks still hurts her in this battle.
5th Armageddon boss is a pansy by golly. No damage-no item-no skill is possible on him.
Old 2007-08-17, 11:49   Link #110
Avisch
Reality Blender

I didn't know we had a thread for Odin Sphere.
I recently beat the game twice. Once for bad end. Second time for True end.

But...

Spoiler for My problem and story spoilers:

Celcius: I agree Gallon is they most annoying Armageddon boss. You technically have to kill him 2-3 times to kill him.PS2
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 08:31   Link #111
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

You have to see scenes 17-20.
17 and 18 are easily obtainable by reading Wheel of Fate.
Scene 20 is accessible by waiting a minute or two after the fin screen. You'll see the merchant. AFAIK, no skipping allowed as well.
Scene 19 IIRC, is obtained by playing through all possible paths in Armageddon. AFAIK, it requires seeing scene 20. After getting all requirements, go and read Wheel of Fate again without skipping any scenes then save.

Despite Gallon being the ultimate pain, I noticed just how perfect Oswald was for him. Oswald has a sucky 4th hit so you'll probably not use it on Gallon. Now, Gallon's heads won't die unless you land a 4th hit. The thing is, He won't do any of the more annoying head dives if all three heads are intact.
Old 2007-08-18, 08:33   Link #112
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

One of the character's name is Mercedes?! No way! Maybe I should check this game out...

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 02:45   Link #113
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Mercedes is in the third book right?
Well.... I've seen the true ending too....
And I havent seen the other ending.... so anyone know what is the ending about?
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 09:27   Link #114
beamknight87
Gold Saint

I recently finished this game and is freakin awesome. Oswald is by far my most favorite character with his shadow mode. All the bosses of the Armageddon book were awesome, especially the Darkova
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 08:44   Link #115
Ymor
20th Century Boy

I am almost finishing the game, Odin Sphere is a good game but the repetition of scenarios/musics/monsters and those paralyzations of the battles to use intems and skills had hindered the game to be a AAA game.

Last edited by Ymor; 2007-11-03 at 09:40.
Ymor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 08:57   Link #116
najmienoddlez
-+-World Eater-+-

lol. i already won this easy game -_-
najmienoddlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 09:26   Link #117
Ymor
20th Century Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by najmienoddlez View Post
lol. i already won this easy game -_-
Easy if you play in easy or normal difficulty, try play in heroic.
Old 2007-11-04, 05:43   Link #118
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Heroic? Hmmm.... never tried it before... maybe I should try it....
What's the difference between Heroic and Normal mode?
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 05:54   Link #119
orange.a
SUN faction member
*Graphic Designer

This kind of comment is quite biased but from my point of view this is the most beautiful and incredible RPG i've ever seen in my entire life.

I've spent HOURS playing this game just to unlock all the secret scenes.. Gosh what a game.

Mercedes by far the most complex, deep and incredible character of 'em all, plus her story is quite the sad and heroic one, plus her gameplay is godly fun (and also overpowered, VERY).

And without a doubt, this game has the most gorgeous and impressive 2D animation ever made for a game. I can't get enough of it (like with Grim Grimoire), Vanillaware people must have been brought from heaven or something like that

Plus Velvet's VA is Miyuki Sawashiro OMG~ I've always loved her voice when she made Puchiko and her "serious" voice is even more gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymor View Post
I am almost finishing the game, Odin Sphere is a good game but the repetition of scenarios/musics/monsters and those paralyzations of the battles to use intems and skills had hindered the game to be a AAA game.
I sincerely don't know why people complain that a game MUST have scenario variation to be excellent. This game clearly states that the events ocurring inside all happen in the same place and in the same era, so having the same enemies and scenarios is to be expected.

And what's more, it's MORE fun this way because when you have characters with so much different gameplay like this one, it becomes quite the challenge when you think "WTH this stupid soldiers were so easy with Cornelius but now with Mercedes I can't even kill a thing" (well in fact that goes only for those I saw on gamefaqs complaining on how Mercedes was the most shitty character in the game, while I think she's the most overpowered of 'em all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Heroic? Hmmm.... never tried it before... maybe I should try it....
What's the difference between Heroic and Normal mode?
Odin Sphere in Heroic difficulty is one of the most difficult games (AND fun, don't lump difficult games because their gameplay is too rusty) in all history. Just try it hahaha~
orange.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 08:50   Link #120
Ymor
20th Century Boy

I finally finished Odin Sphere yesterday, the game is excelent but how i say before the repetition of the scenarios/musics/monsters and those paralyzations of the battles to use intems and skills had hindered the game to be a AAA game in my opinion.

The Final is amazing!!