Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-18, 18:30   Link #1
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
(PS3) Time and Eternity

Rock Shooter developer Imageepoch and publisher Namco Bandai are teaming up to create a HD animation RPG called Time and Eternity. (Toki no Towa) The story begins when a Knight King (the man in blue) and a magic-casting princess get married. Their union creates Kamuza Kingdom, but shadows of unrest are bubbling during their wedding.

The eighteen year old hero hasn’t even kissed the princess, Toki, yet and they’re about to tie the knot. Toki who has a blue dragon with her is 16 years old, she’s uneasy because a fortune teller prophesized her wedding would be attacked by someone. How they met and why they decided to get married are details Imageepoch are keeping under wraps for now.

Time and Eternity uses hand-drawn animation for battle scenes, even when you’re walking on the field. The goal is to show how 2D anime can be presented for a video game. Cutscenes are animated too with artwork from Satelight, the studio behind the new Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin opening movie.

More info on Siliconera.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/18...animation-rpg/
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/18...r-been-kissed/

NEW!: Official Site Opened

NEW: PV Trailer
Spoiler for YouTube video:

Time and Eternity is 45% complete, according to Famitsu.

Last edited by Crimrui; 2012-02-09 at 06:46.
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 19:24   Link #2
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

How exactly are you supposed to move your character in 3-D space? How on earth is this supposed to work?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 20:40   Link #3
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
How exactly are you supposed to move your character in 3-D space? How on earth is this supposed to work? :heh:
Valkyria Chronicles and its spawn come to mind as a reference, especially if the combat is turn-based.

On a side note: I've always wondered why it is, among those tactical/turn-based-type games that use grids, the use of hex grids is so very rare.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 23:13   Link #4
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Valkyria Chronicles and its spawn come to mind as a reference, especially if the combat is turn-based.
No, it's not cel-shaded. The game is entirely ANIMATED, it would seem. Normally that would mean an interactive movie like Dragon's Lair.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 02:13   Link #5
maplehurry

Quote:
Namco Bandai
Fat chance it would be localized.... ?
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 02:50   Link #6
Xion Valkyrie

Looking forward to see how this turns out. The animation stuff looks really nice.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 05:20   Link #7
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

It would be nice if you could decide between the two as for who will be the main character.
Old 2012-01-19, 05:23   Link #8
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I'm still hoping that their attitude toward western fans is only for tales series ...not that I like it if it were so either

Quote:
Time and Eternity uses hand-drawn animation for battle scenes, even when you’re walking on the field.
I'm interested in this. I hope that they keep it interesting in their mechanism too.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 05:23   Link #9
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
How exactly are you supposed to move your character in 3-D space? How on earth is this supposed to work?
i question this too. it's so mind-boggling how this will work in a 3-dimensional environment.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 06:55   Link #10
Key Board
Carbon

usually they use cel painted textures to simulate anime

Naruto Ultimate Ninja series is probably the crowning achievement of this. CyberConnect2 has gotten really good at this

I'm not sure how this game is going to achieve what it claims.

If I were to guess, drawn images for the important poses and cel painted for everything else inbetween?

but if this is a turn based RPG maybe they are doing it like SRW. (everything animated before hand)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhRFCjeIfbk
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2012-01-19 at 07:05.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 07:41   Link #11
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
80% NISA probably handle this

probably the game closer to higher budget Chantelise

alternatively it standard turn based JRPG

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 08:12   Link #12
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
If I were to guess, drawn images for the important poses and cel painted for everything else inbetween?
That remains to be seen. If they don't draw every pose of movement it might look rather... stiff, I guess?
Old 2012-01-19, 12:54   Link #13
Ray
Garnet

The official website opened earlier today, and can be found here.

Going by the mini bios on the character pages, the MC's and Toki's wedding was interrupted by something, and I guess this is what they meant by the MC not having had his first kiss yet; they were probably going to kiss but probably decided not to because of that interruption. So if their feelings for each other were genuine, then their wedding wasn't a political one for the sake of that new kingdom. If I happen to be wrong, please feel free to correct me ~

As much as I'd love to see NISA localize this, it's unlikely. Oh well, only time will tell.

Spoiler for saving space:

Last edited by Ray; 2012-01-19 at 13:24. Reason: Added an image.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 13:20   Link #14
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
i question this too. it's so mind-boggling how this will work in a 3-dimensional environment.
I can imagine they'll be used like your standard sprites, except a thousand times better animated. I do fear that animation variety might suffer as a result, but I'll wait for an actual gameplay trailer to judge that.

The very concept itself is highly intriguing though, since there aren't many games that try to emulate an animated style using cell-shading, and this one takes the animated look to a whole new level by foregoing cell-shading entirely and doing everything by hand. Will be waiting to see how this goes.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 14:57   Link #15
xizro345
King's Justice

It's really interesting. In general I liked the games by Imageepoch I played (BRS the Game, Fate\EXTRA) so I'm considering getting it.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 14:57   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Talk about an interesting concept, can't wait to see how this will turn out...if Key Board hadn't included that video, I wouldn't even know what to expect.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 15:40   Link #17
Nerroth
NePoi!

According to one of the Andriasang articles on this game, Toki is being voiced by Hanazawa Kana; though I don't think they list the VA on her character page at the moment (though I suppose they could just update it later.)

Are there any other sources saying who is voicing who?

(The same article has Tsubasa Yonaga voicing the prince, but whether that means he'll actually voice proper dialogue or is just for battle sounds and such is not all that clear so far.)
Old 2012-01-20, 11:51   Link #18
Ray
Garnet

@Nerroth: Not at the moment. :/

http://andriasang.com/comzpi/tokitowa_animation_system/
It'll either be awesome or it'll suck big time. I'm hoping for the prior.

http://andriasang.com/comzpm/imageepoch_jrpg_pc/
I seriously can't wait to see a vid of this game in action because this is seems to be a game which can't be understood through still images.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 09:56   Link #19
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ailer-streamed

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 11:48   Link #20
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

FISHNET ZETTAI RYOUIKI.

*grabs and takes Toki home*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote