AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-22, 09:47   Link #1081
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I think it is not just a little, but a lot. I was like "Who is this? This is not Yoshino." When he is renting in the pool scene. And to think Yoshino's first meeting with Aika was cut to fit this in.... UGHHHH!
I still can't believe that they decided to not animate their first meeting. Yoshino was the only person to make Aika continuously blush like a your typical highschool girl in front of her crush.
She was so freaking adorable that it makes me really mad to know I won't see it in the anime.

I agree with Konja, in fact it seemed to me that the anime was trying too hard to convince us that Mahiro and Yoshino have to be in the fight despite that in the manga they stayed in the city.
They created more drama than necessary, but I hope they don't rush Hanemura vs Tree of Genesis
Old 2013-03-22, 11:28   Link #1082
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
They created more drama than necessary, but I hope they don't rush Hanemura vs Tree of Genesis
I am already haveing a bad feeling on this. In the preview, Mahiro is already stealing Hanemura's line for some reason.....
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 15:37   Link #1083
j4c06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I still can't believe that they decided to not animate their first meeting.
Do you mean what was shown in one of the previous episodes (where she thought 'Yoshino' was his last name) wasn't their first meeting?
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 22:11   Link #1084
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
Do you mean what was shown in one of the previous episodes (where she thought 'Yoshino' was his last name) wasn't their first meeting?
It wasn't. That was all Okada original to introduce that idea that Aika did whatever she wanted without thinking about others.

That filler flashback was then used to springboard Okada's idea that Yoshino and Mahiro wanted to participate in a warzone because they somehow felt useless as if Aika didn't care about their feelings when she killed herself.

Of course, that sort of contradicts the canon, because Aika did give up her life for them. The fact she was told of a future where they turned out alive and fine is the reason why she thought it was worth giving up her life.

But of course she is wrong now because Okada felt like getting Yoshino shot just to create drama, as if any drama is good for the story.

It also makes no sense how Mahiro would want a bigger role in the plan when he is the mastermind behind the plan itself. I'm supposed to believe Mahiro feels unimportant when he's one of the central figures behind the operation?

Come on, Okada.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 22:48   Link #1085
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It wasn't. That was all Okada original to introduce that idea that Aika did whatever she wanted without thinking about others.

That filler flashback was then used to springboard Okada's idea that Yoshino and Mahiro wanted to participate in a warzone because they somehow felt useless as if Aika didn't care about their feelings when she killed herself.

Of course, that sort of contradicts the canon, because Aika did give up her life for them. The fact she was told of a future where they turned out alive and fine is the reason why she thought it was worth giving up her life.

But of course she is wrong now because Okada felt like getting Yoshino shot just to create drama, as if any drama is good for the story.

It also makes no sense how Mahiro would want a bigger role in the plan when he is the mastermind behind the plan itself. I'm supposed to believe Mahiro feels unimportant when he's one of the central figures behind the operation?

Come on, Okada.
I'm not interested into the debate.
However, your statement reaffirm that Aika is a irrational psycho who wants to be in Ophelia's shoes. It's why the princess of logic wants to stop Aika. Also, the new mage of Zetsuen wants to punch Mahiro and Yoshino. They try to act cool about Aika's deed. If Aika is willing, such as not killing her parents and herself, there will be happy ending. Her act leads to Samon's genocide act. To awake the tree of Zetsuen, Samon causes the death of most world population. If Aika is alive, she can stop him. She can prevent the tree from turning people into metals. Her act indirectly kill Yoshinoya's parents. It's not happy ending as her belief. Because of the chaos since Aika's deed, the tree of beginning steps in as a Savior(in the sense of Fist of North Steps). Samon's genocide leaves the world in disorder. The violent people start acting as motorcycle riding punks from Fist of North Stars. The tree erases them as Death Note. So, the world's survivor can live in peace. So, Aika should apologize as Hakaze's appreciation. Hakaze thanks Yoshinoya by exposing herself to Yoshinoya. To make things fair, Aika should also strips herself to the butt naked level. She should try to squeeze her chest with arms while listening to Yoshinoya's comment, "small oppai is not a oppai".
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 04:11   Link #1086
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
No, it wasn't their first meeting. But it wasn't an anime original scene because in the manga that happened, it was the first meeting of Mahiro and Aika (his comment about her arm was in the manga).
Yoshino encounters Aika when she arrives at their town, he approached her because previously Mahiro talked about his new sister and showed Yoshino Aika' photo.
Old 2013-03-23, 07:28   Link #1087
Konja7

Quote:

Come on, Okada.
Actually, I do not seem strange Yoshino's thoughts about suicide of Aika (although her decision was logical, he and Mahiro must be sad and angry). I find it strange when he starts talking about the encounter with other people and that they are important to him.

I totally agree about the strange behavior of Mahiro.

Last edited by Konja7; 2013-03-23 at 10:42.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 08:15   Link #1088
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

It's interesting to find out now that apparently Mahiro and Yoshino didn't take part in the actual operation in the manga, because when I was watching the ep it just seemed so odd and tacked on the way they did that in the anime. It didn't make sense for them to go on the mission.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 10:57   Link #1089
LKK

I'll be honest and go against the prevailing opinion. I don't care if Mahiro and Yoshino didn't take part in the final attack in the manga. I don't care if it's logical that Mahiro and Yoshino shouldn't take part in the final attack. I would have felt emotionally let down if they weren't a part of the attack force. They have been my central focus since the beginning. If they weren't in the center of the attack, the attack would feel empty at its core to me. I gasped when Yoshino was shot and spent the next half-hour wondering how he would survive such a bad wound when there's no healing magic left after the tree's destruction. Without the anime alterations, I doubt I would have had those visceral reactions.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 11:59   Link #1090
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Why do these shows' threads always end up just being complaints by manga/light novel readers? I've said it for years, and I'll keep saying it. Separate threads for shows with pre-existing material would make things so much nicer.

The AV Club did this for Game of Thrones, and it was fantastic. Those who couldn't separate the novel from the tv series got to stew in their misery all separate from those who got to actually talk about the tv series.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 12:06   Link #1091
Shadow5YA

The point wasn't that it was different. The point was that this original material being written all to build up Yoshino getting shot is forced drama that puts both boys out of character.

Mahiro managed out fool the navy perfectly with his plan and get Hanemura to the Tree of Genesis, yet he couldn't be bothered to check his own hostages for weapons? If Yoshino has to get shot because of poor writing just for the sake of drama, I'd rather he didn't do anything at all.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 17:38   Link #1092
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Personally, I am more bothered by the pool scene rather than Yoshino getting shot.

I find Yoshino to be overtly OOC there that I was literally dumbfounded by that scene.
I am actually fine with those two being there, but please give us a reason that is consistent to their character.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 22:21   Link #1093
Kakkou
Tch.

I didn't really like the scene where Yoshino was shot either. Felt like plot induced stupidity + I immediately thought that I liked it better when the Tentacle Tree of Genesis did it in episode 12.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 01:08   Link #1094
GundamZZ
残念美人

Several people complained about the source material. After hearing so many complaints, I'm not bothered by the new twist in anime. Throughout the story, the characters mentioned about the happy ending several times. Yoshino's fatal wound would lead to another direction. So, you can think it as a good surprise. It's somewhat ironic. It is as Yoshino is awkward around girls, but he receives a bag of chocolate from girls. Also, it happens a day after Hakaze's in-your-face love confession. It resembles Yoshino's death flag. However, I doubt it is the end of Yoshino.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 05:13   Link #1095
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:

Hakaze very specifically said to Yoshino that Aika died for their sakes. Yoshino is aware that Aika did it her their sakes but that won't stop him feeling powerless.

Quote:

Come on, Okada.
I think it would feel extremely OOC for Mahiro not to want to be in the thick of it. He doesn't seem like the type of character that would be satisfied just being the thinking guy.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 10:32   Link #1096
Konja7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Hakaze very specifically said to Yoshino that Aika died for their sakes. Yoshino is aware that Aika did it her their sakes but that won't stop him feeling powerless.

I think it would feel extremely OOC for Mahiro not to want to be in the thick of it. He doesn't seem like the type of character that would be satisfied just being the thinking guy.
I agree about the powerlessness that Yoshino should feel (although I find it strange when he starts talking about the encounters with other people), but I disagree about Mahiro.

Mahiro can be very intense several times, but he usually follows the logic. If logic implies that he would not be necessary and can be a nuisance, he will abide by that logic (something similar applies in the case of Yoshino).
Old 2013-03-24, 10:38   Link #1097
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
Mahiro can be very intense several times, but he usually follows the logic. If logic implies that he would not be necessary, he will abide by that logic (something similar applies in the case of Yoshino).
I agree. If Mahiro thinks it makes more sense for someone other than him to go, then he would be okay with that.

Yoshino, it's hard to say. He could well feel powerless, but on the other hand, what he wants is for the story not to turn out to be a tragedy, given that Aika gave her life for it. So if he thought that the mission would be more likely to succeed with someone else on it, I'm not sure he would prefer to go himself. Also, there would be a risk that if anything happened to him, Hakaze could be distracted and flub the mission.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 11:21   Link #1098
Konja7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I agree. If Mahiro thinks it makes more sense for someone other than him to go, then he would be okay with that.

Yoshino, it's hard to say. He could well feel powerless, but on the other hand, what he wants is for the story not to turn out to be a tragedy, given that Aika gave her life for it. So if he thought that the mission would be more likely to succeed with someone else on it, I'm not sure he would prefer to go himself. Also, there would be a risk that if anything happened to him, Hakaze could be distracted and flub the mission.
I totally agree.

I did not express myself well. Although I think Yoshino feels powerless, he still follow the logic (he can sacrifice his feelings in favor of what he thinks is better). The logic implies that he would not be necessary and can be a nuisance.
Old 2013-03-25, 09:42   Link #1099
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
I totally agree.

I did not express myself well. Although I think Yoshino feels powerless, he still follow the logic (he can sacrifice his feelings in favor of what he thinks is better). The logic implies that he would not be necessary and can be a nuisance.
Yeah. I just watched the episode and felt that their putting on those goofy masks and going on that mission when they could cause it to fail was totally random. But when he got shot and Mahiro screamed his name, I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I never read the manga but I was bloody damn certain that was unnecessary anime-original drama.
Old 2013-03-28, 00:12   Link #1100
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I'm not interested into the debate.
However, your statement reaffirm that Aika is a irrational psycho who wants to be in Ophelia's shoes. It's why the princess of logic wants to stop Aika. Also, the new mage of Zetsuen wants to punch Mahiro and Yoshino. They try to act cool about Aika's deed. If Aika is willing, such as not killing her parents and herself, there will be happy ending. Her act leads to Samon's genocide act. To awake the tree of Zetsuen, Samon causes the death of most world population. If Aika is alive, she can stop him. She can prevent the tree from turning people into metals. Her act indirectly kill Yoshinoya's parents. It's not happy ending as her belief. Because of the chaos since Aika's deed, the tree of beginning steps in as a Savior(in the sense of Fist of North Steps). Samon's genocide leaves the world in disorder. The violent people start acting as motorcycle riding punks from Fist of North Stars. The tree erases them as Death Note. So, the world's survivor can live in peace. So, Aika should apologize as Hakaze's appreciation. Hakaze thanks Yoshinoya by exposing herself to Yoshinoya. To make things fair, Aika should also strips herself to the butt naked level. She should try to squeeze her chest with arms while listening to Yoshinoya's comment, "small oppai is not a oppai".
As if Aika's act started the whole Genesis Tree erasing civilization thing.

That's the whole purpose of the Genesis Tree and it would have thrown down that deadline to humanity whether or not Aika did anything.

You still don't get the purpose of the Genesis Tree. It's not some peacekeeping policeman

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen